This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help.
It has been viewed 2,206 times and 24 replies have been made.

missyjane

Post by missyjaneGOLD

A will singsnap work on iPad? Got it working on my android smartphone but haven't see anything re iPad? Then again Don't know how ton search the messages for iPad as keyword ..... Any one able to point me in right direction? Thanks

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF

Unfortunately, Apple will not allow Flash Player on their devices. Flash Player is required to use our song player and recorder. We're working on an iPhone app, but we don't have a completion date yet. Once the iPhone app is complete other apps will follow.

In the mean time, some users have reported that the Photon browser works well. You can find this in the App Store.

missyjane

Reply by missyjaneGOLD

really appreciate the response Rob
will give Photon a whirl .... and look forward to when you get the technicalities sorted for ipad support generally .....
thanks again !

7up67

Reply by 7up67

Missy did you try photon and does it work for snap ? Thank you

BBarry

Edited reply by BBarry

I just bought Photon. It costs $5 but it works.

BBarry

Reply by BBarry

PS make sure you touch the "flash icon" in the upper right hand corner.

misswillie

Reply by misswillieGOLD

I can get singsnap to work on my ipad, I can listen and comment but I cannot record

JulieWood

Edited reply by JulieWoodPATRON

For some reason the player now works for me on my iPad... Which is awesome... Just thought I'd let you know... I don't think I can record though... Which is not a big deal for me personally.

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD

just curious did y'all have to do anything special to get singsnap recordings to work on ipad?

7up67

Reply by 7up67

no didnt do anything it was just started working a few days back doesnt seem to work on all songs but most it does

johnnybrew

Reply by johnnybrew

It now works on my iPad.

ELVIS_USA

Reply by ELVIS_USAGOLD

*elvis_usa*sings*confederate railroad*"queen of memphis" r/b3abd2fd8

IM GLAD YALL GOT YOUR IPHONES TO WORK ON SS MY 4G HTC SENSATION WORKS FLAWLESS ON THE SS SITE I CANT RECORD ON IT BUT I LEAVE THAT UP TO MY HOME STUDIO BUT TO LISTEN TO Y'ALL IN REAL STEREO IT CANT BE BEAT :o) GOOD LUCK TO Y'ALL AND GOD BLESS:o)

lindasings4u

Reply by lindasings4uGOLD

Dolphin Browser ALSO works to play Flash & the Snap player and is REALLY a great, cool mobile browser - much easier for me than Photon. I've used both.

Can't quite record with Dolphin on iPad... but it ALMOST lets me get through the Wizard!!!

Looking forward to the app!
Linda

bobbybluesman48

Reply by bobbybluesman48GOLD

I HAVE A SANYO INCOGNITO. DO U THINK I CAN GET SS TO PLAY ON IT??

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF

I HAVE A SANYO INCOGNITO. DO U THINK I CAN GET SS TO PLAY ON IT??bobbybluesman48

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that your device supports Flash Player. Playing recordings would require iOS or Flash Player.

Kirk

Reply by KirkGOLD

Tough couple of weeks at school for my Grandson Cully! praying and encouraging him.

Some songs will play and some will not play on my Ipad when the designed background themes are used on a song. Has anyone else experienced this?

Defense

Reply by Defense

It's most likely due to a slower processor in the tablet, along with a smaller amount of RAM (or a combo of the two) Some themes people use are resource hogs. My dinosaur desktop won't allow me to play songs from folks that have a resource hogging backgroud theme on their song window either. Even though I have 4gb of RAM, I have a slow, single core processor.

I could be wrong in that I am no tech expert, but I know I have the same problems on my computer.

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF

Songs should play even if they page uses a theme. It could take longer to show the player if the theme is loading a lot of images or animated graphics. You'll also want to be sure you're using Safari as your browser.

You might find it helpful to Hide HTML from the Account --> Settings page. This will prevent the themes from loading and should help with the problem.

Kirk

Reply by KirkGOLD

Tough couple of weeks at school for my Grandson Cully! praying and encouraging him.

Never thought of hiding the HTML, I can do that easy enough Thanks
I do use Safari for SS stuff and was pleasantly surprised when I could actually start listening to SS on my IPad...Thanks to whoever worked that out

IMDuckie

Reply by IMDuckieGOLD

Dolphin Browser ALSO works to play Flash & the Snap player and is REALLY a great, cool mobile browser - much easier for me than Photon. I've used both.

Can't quite record with Dolphin on iPad... but it ALMOST lets me get through the Wizard!!!

LindaLindaAdams

THANK YOU SO MUCH this worked fer me!! DOLPHIN... go figure... whoo hoooo!!! xo 0)<

ROCK-n-RITA

Reply by ROCK-n-RITA

What's weird right now is that my Ipad was working fine but now every time I leave a page to go to another, it's making me have to login (user name/Password) for every (*&^%$*&)&&^)*&*(&)*)(+0- ing Page...

It's like something it just started to do. It didn't do it when I downloaded SS originally and I could browse any page without this problem. I almost threw my Ipad out the freak'n window.

Can you imagine having to login over and over again? This is driving me crazy and so far, no one had addressed it.

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF

What's weird right now is that my Ipad was working fine but now every time I leave a page to go to another, it's making me have to login (user name/Password) for every (*&^%$*&)&&^)*&*(&)*)(+0- ing Page...

It's like something it just started to do. It didn't do it when I downloaded SS originally and I could browse any page without this problem. I almost threw my Ipad out the freak'n window.

Can you imagine having to login over and over again? This is driving me crazy and so far, no one had addressed it.reetzo

That's likley due to a bad browser cookie. You'll want to clear your browser cache and cookies to see if that helps.

CrooningCat

Edited reply by CrooningCat

LindaLindaAdams

THANK YOU SO MUCH this worked fer me!! DOLPHIN... go figure... whoo hoooo!!! xo 0)<IMDuckie

I am in the process of trying to use Dolphin too but I get the flash not available on you device, etc... message. So could someone please help by informing me if something needs to be adjusted or pressed in order to use the Flash part of this browser?

Defense

Reply by Defense

Usually not...I went onto my friend's iPad a couple days ago to let her listen to stuff...I don't know what browser she uses, but I just brought up the snap site, went to a recording and it played right then and there without tweaking a thing.

Another friend just last night told me that on her iPhone, she uses Safari and can listen to recordings no problem also...but that one I cannot verify for sure

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF

Recording Playback is currently supported on iOS devices when you're using the Safari browser. Recording from an iOS device isn't currently possible.

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.