A Journey of Song and Dance

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed. It has been viewed 13,393 times and 646 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
APH

Reply by APHGOLD

CHRISTMAS COMES BUT ONCE A YEAR 1936
Here is another one of those special videos especially for the youngsters but the elders are welcome to join them as once again we have somebody helping others in distress in this instance children.
It tells how the children in an orphanage are woken up on Christmas morning ,when one of them is licked by a puppy and shouts out ‘Merry Christmas’everybody.They all jump out of their beds and make their way to the hall, singing and dancing to the title song ‘Christmas Comes But Once A Year’. They take the toys from their stockings and get ready to play with them but discover the terrible truth that the toys are old, worn and already broken, completely falling apart when played with. The children are so sad and burst into tears over losing them and having no other Christmas presents.

As this is happening a neighbour Professor Grampy is passing and hears the children in distress, so he parks his sleigh and runs to the door and looks through the window to see all the children in tears.
Grampy feels distressed for them and starts to think of a way to give the orphans a better Christmas. He puts on his "thinking cap" and very quickly the lightbulb on his cap blinks, meaning he has an idea. He sneaks in through the kitchen window and starts making new toys out of household appliances, furniture, and other kitchen items. While the orphans are still crying in the dormitory, Grampy dresses up as Santa Claus and taking a dinner bell surprises the orphans by ringing it and shouting, "Merry Christmas, everybody!" The orphans brighten up instantly, stop crying, and all rush out excitedly to play with their new toys. Grampy then makes a Christmas tree out of green umbrellas, which he places on top of a phonograph turntable, decorates it, gathers all the orphans together and they all sing the song one last time.

sicireLEVEL 74

Reply by sicireGOLD

checking in....

jc4uLEVEL 101

Reply by jc4uPATRON +14

"Beloved, If God so loved us, we ought also to love one another." 1 John 4:19 Blessings!

Hi . . . .

APH

Reply by APHGOLD

Ok friends the gate has closed, with just two left who I will extend entry time to when I have all the scores in. Once again very well done and the banners will be up over the weekend.
Round and about
Tony

daddybear

Reply by daddybearGOLD

All of you have a Blessed Christmas and Tony thank you for everything and rest of you just keep on singing don't stop singing you will be STAR one day take care Norman

RibbonLEVEL 97

Reply by RibbonGOLD +12

r/b86551e9d

This was really a wonderful, fun-filled travel with Tony and all of you judges and contestants!!! I've really loved my listens, stories and all you shared with us! I say it and truly do mean it .. These Journey's are the best fun I've had on SS...Meeting old and new friends periodically and sharing thoughts and music........loveeeeeeeeeeee it!!!! Thank you Tony!! You are truly a Wonderful Host!! You do so much for all of us and your themes are amazing.. I don't know how you come up with them but ..they are really wonderful and soooo much fun to join in.............. God Bless You all.........Have a Beautiful , Safe , and Happy time.... "MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO"....HUGS, LOVE & PRAYERS, RIBBON~

Dave1970LEVEL 66

Reply by Dave1970GOLD

Sneaking in, hopefully I still have time.

Team Rita/Dave1970
What you won't do~Bobby Caldwell
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c3a7bbd51

jc4uLEVEL 101

Reply by jc4uPATRON +14

"Beloved, If God so loved us, we ought also to love one another." 1 John 4:19 Blessings!

What a wonderful video, Tony. . . . how creative and fun. . . loved this from start to
finish! Thank you for big smiles here!
Blessings, Joyce

FirenzerayLEVEL 61

Reply by FirenzerayGOLD

Team Jimmy
Firenzeray
Somos Novios~ Andrea Bocelli
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b762b26e1

FirenzerayLEVEL 61

Reply by FirenzerayGOLD

I need to catch up on all my listens. Can't wait. Happy Holidays to all..

Armybrat60LEVEL 58

Reply by Armybrat60GOLD +1

had a blast love being on the Journey with all You Wonderfully , Talented people
Thanks so much Danny

LorrieonlineLEVEL 58

Reply by LorrieonlineGOLD

Thank you, Tony and friends for this awesome Journey. I so enjoyed it and still have some listens to hear. Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year.

Lorrie

Bunnykins

Reply by BunnykinsGOLD +4 +1

SO MANY STARS - r/c4bb9bd1d

I have really enjoyed my first journey with you guys and can't wait for the next one.
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year everyone. Xoxo

APH

Reply by APHGOLD

Hello friends on this Friday, which has given us a full house so very well done.
The full list is on the previous page and the banners will be up on Saturday.
Round and about
Tony

Michael57LEVEL 74

Reply by Michael57GOLD

Thank you Tony and your Christmas elves for another great journey!
May I wish all my fellow travellers a very merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful new year! And as tiny Tim would say: " May God bless us, every one!"
Love... Michael.

MillenniaLEVEL 96

Reply by MillenniaGOLD +1

L.T.H.
Thanks for yet another wonderful Journey Tony, I have loved every one of them Wishing you and everyone else a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Peaceful New Year God bless n stay safe n warm Hugssss Till Next time

XXsmurfetteXXLEVEL 98

Reply by XXsmurfetteXXGOLD

Checkin in & wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. TY once again Tony & judges for another fun filled contest

APH

Reply by APHGOLD

Hello friends. Here is just one more song, which I send to all you worldly warblers, your families and friends, a message which is very clear and needs no explaining. I also send this especially to all the youngsters, who I am sure will enjoy the way Celine Dion is joined by many friends as she sings this very special song “Happy Christmas"(War Is Over).
Lots of Luv.
Tony

Songbird35LEVEL 61

Reply by Songbird35GOLD

Thank you Tony for being such a great host, and thank you every one for all your kind comments, have loved being with you all once again, look forward to our next journey

Happy Christmas and here's to a wonderful New Year for all of us

APH

Reply by APHGOLD

Hello dear friends, here are the Team Banners and Individual Awards for our Journey of Song and Dance, which really belong to you all.
With a mix of warblers from 15 countries it is impossible to get a fair balance for the teams, so the results are clear for all, to be a Number 1 Star team. For the individuals the top 15 from both ladies and gentleman have been taken, with a matter of 3 point splitting many others. Simply put, if you have enjoyed yourselves on the journey with words and music and dance, then you are certainly a real part of our travelling family of friends and I look forward to catching you another time.
Thank you all once again for your kind words, all your wonderful songs and clearing out the drinking tent.
The very best of everything that puts a smile on your faces, to you, your family and friends.
Take care.
Anthony

APH

Reply by APHGOLD

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/359zfqf.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/15ceef9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2wqwjg7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/kdwgig.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2iswdwg.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2wc4rk4.jpg[/IMG]

APH

Reply by APHGOLD

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2ez0ndj.jpg[/IMG]

APH

Reply by APHGOLD

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/2mzmzpw.jpg[/IMG]

saba9882LEVEL 40

Reply by saba9882GOLD

Grazie grazie !!! Tony thankyou for all the time and effort you put into these wonderful journeys .
I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and may all your wishes come true in 2019!! Booking my ticket for the next journey .....

JohnnySilvaLEVEL 76

Reply by JohnnySilvaGOLD

Hello thank you Tony for yet another wonderful contest and all the judges
for there time and the fabulous banner and all contestants all sounding
amazing have a Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2019
Just want to leave you with a Christmas Song prerecord because
did not have time today so here's my Christmas Song to you
CHRISTMAS DAY
JohnnySilva
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b07f0f389

donnica59LEVEL 95

Reply by donnica59GOLD +4

Love these trips
Happy Holidays
Thanks to everyone!
Cheers

Teacup10LEVEL 69

Reply by Teacup10GOLD

Another wonderful journey. You are always a great host.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MidasmanLEVEL 93

Reply by MidasmanPATRON

Thank You Tony for another great Journey! It was Fantastic to be with such an Amazing and talented group! Thank you for my Banners they will be posted on my page with pride! Thank you judges for your time and judging. Finally Thank you to everyone who commented on my songs, your comments have really touched me more than you know. Merry Christmas to you all and your families! Till we meet again, May God keep you safe! Mark

Alie58LEVEL 59

Reply by Alie58GOLD

It was again a great journey... thanks Tony for awesome hosting ......thanks for the judges for their hard work...
Merry Christmas and a awesome 2019 to you all...
Cu...

jc4uLEVEL 101

Reply by jc4uPATRON +14

Thank you, Tony, and all the Judges, for all your hard work that goes into making all of these Journeys so enjoyable. . .looking forward to the next Journey! Blessings, Joyce

sicireLEVEL 74

Reply by sicireGOLD

Congratulations to the top scorers....and to everyone who participated til the end. As a judge I get to listen to you ALL at least once....and definitely try to listen to and read your entries as many rounds as I can manage....Too much to miss, otherwise...

Over the course of several journeys, I have discovered so much about the "regular" travelers, and I appreciate the value of knowing you ALL. How we were raised, and the situations we found ourselves in as children and young men and women are so universal and human, and help us understand ourselves a little better as well.
Our Health as we age...we share so much, and seem upbeat and content through it all and appreciative of heartfelt concerns. We REALLY ARE a nice bunch of people...

Song choices are fascinating...new songs, and longtime favorites...we share similar tastes....even though we come from so many different places. MUSIC is certainly a UNIVERSAL language. A good song, a lovely melody is a good song and lovely melody in whatever language we first hear it....and so charming in another language or sung with a different accent!

Stay Safe and BE WELL...WE will meet again soon for another Adventure that awaits us from the mind and auspices of our Gracious and ABLE Tour Guide, Tony... Thank you, Tony ...for such a wonderful platform for thought, song, and friendship.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year Celebration everyone....Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Winter Solstice...as well ...

sulaimanbadrusLEVEL 65

Reply by sulaimanbadrus

Thanks Tony for wonderful hosting and thanks for the judges for their hard work.

XXsmurfetteXXLEVEL 98

Reply by XXsmurfetteXXGOLD

Ty Tony & judges once again xxx

MillenniaLEVEL 96

Reply by MillenniaGOLD +1

Beautiful video Tony, I love Celine Dion...thanks for posting thanks also for the lovely banners , ( posted to my profile with pride ) … Thanks for all your wonderful Journeys Tony . they go way back a few years now huh? lol ….Love the family feeling we all share … so thanks everyone, judges and contestants for sharing your songs n stories and for taking time out to visit and comment.. truly appreciate it... Wishing Y'all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year. Till next time, God bless n stay safe n warm. xoxo

Bunnykins

Reply by BunnykinsGOLD +4 +1

SO MANY STARS - r/c4bb9bd1d

Thanks again for a great contest, the lovely banner and all your hard work in putting this together.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year folks.xx

FinnPeterLEVEL 104

Reply by FinnPeterGOLD +6

Singers From Afar Club---Get More Listens-->Welcome!

Thanks Tony & Judges for another great contest and out Team (Jimmy) cool banner. Merry Christmas Everyone!

bobbybluesman48LEVEL 75

Reply by bobbybluesman48GOLD

Finally finished my listens. I had to go out of town to visit a sick friend and got back this morning. Thanks for all the songs and all the comments and every one was special.

jc4uLEVEL 101

Reply by jc4uPATRON +14

MERRY BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

SHANDEBEL

Edited reply by SHANDEBELGOLD

Wonderful banners, Tony and many grateful thanks to our judges. It's really all about joining in, isn't it? And sharing all of our songs and stories with everyone on the Journey. Made me feel like I really was traveling to all of those wonderful places. Thanks for all listens and comments and I would like everyone to know that each of you are special. Please stay safe and well for the new year, and have a joyful holiday.

diditomicLEVEL 101

Reply by diditomicGOLD +1

Thanks for hosting this magical event again Tony.....a Blessed Holiday season to everyone and see you all in the New Year

rockafrybabyLEVEL 93

Reply by rockafrybabyGOLD

Love visiting 1936 once again! Marvin was a great cartoon artist! Wonderful! Thanks my artist friend! Thanks for awards! Merry Christmas

sweetangel226LEVEL 66

Reply by sweetangel226GOLD +2

Thanks again tony and crew for an amazing journey,I really enjoyed it,this may be one of my last contests for awhile as I have surgery coming up after the 19th,not sure of exact time but will put in my status once I do know...I usually don't ask for prayers for myself but I am a little uneasy about the surgery,I wasn't a bit afraid the last 3 times oddly enough but this one is different and more extensive recovery time..and I don't do well with anesthesia,it usually takes 24 hours or longer for me to wake up so I guess the prayers are for my family more then me as I don't want them to have to worry and I have been reassuring them I will be ok,I will see you all again after I am all healed,I most likely will be taking some time off from singsnap till I fully heal,thank you all for your friendship and letting us hear your beautiful voices

dearsomeoneLEVEL 97

Reply by dearsomeoneGOLD +1

Thanks Tony , and to everyone for another journey !!! hugs to all ! See 'yah !

-Bev-LEVEL 104

Reply by -Bev-SPECIAL-EVENTS +5

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

I just want to thank Tony for hosting another wonderful journey...and to thank each and every one of you for making this journey of ours so very special with your songs and stories...Well done to you all for making this very special...Thank you and until we all meet again on our next journey...I wish you all the very best and may you all have a A Very Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year my dear friends

joybeaulieuLEVEL 97

Reply by joybeaulieuGOLD

Thank you so much Tony for another amazing journey. I feel that with each one we all become closer. I'm praying for you to fully recover before the next journey. Kudos to the helpers for their work in helping judge. Merry Christmas everyone and a. Blessed New Year. CU next year!

UnodosLEVEL 57

Reply by UnodosGOLD

Thank you very much tony for inviting me to this wonderful journey.
I enjoy very much.
Merry Christmas & Have a Happy New Year!
See you again!
unodos

<< Prev