This topic is listed in Contests - Completed.
It has been viewed 26,356 times and 728 replies have been made.

Previous Next
Novella

Edited reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +16 +32

It's going to be a Rockin' Shocktober!

Announcing: The Save!

We are now ready to reveal the saved contestants! Due to technical issues out of our control we were unable to count the Facebook likes. We do apologize for the inconvenience but we have to ensure the contest withholds its integrity and remains fair.

With well over 500 votes cast - we are now ready to reveal our saved contestant! This person will be awarded a year gold membership and is now elligible to compete in the Finals in an effort to win the grande prize! Huge thanks to all the fans for following along and helping your favorite contestant make it into the finals!

The moment you've all been waiting for - we are proud to announce the winner of the save is....

Team Novella: JaguarJ

Congrats Jag! Your mentor will be in touch shortly

Thanks For Voting!

Novella

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +16 +32

What i feel is that iy was lots of fun! people are still watching my video. i've never participated in a contest soo i had lots of fun.
thank you for having me in the final 25 musasycitaras

And you did fabulous! We hope to see you next time!

-Liz-

Reply by -Liz-

WOOO HOOO- Who's ready to parrrrrtay!!!

THIS GIRL IS!! hahaha

I spent my day planning and caming haha- I am so excited to see what everyone produces this round! I am sure its going to leave some jaws hanging for a long time!!!

Joshuwow

Reply by JoshuwowGOLD

I must procure myself one of them there voice manipulators before the next contest and master the adjustments for perfect tone and perfect pitch. LOL It might get me passed round 1 or 2 but cannot help me with video rounds, where I would have to do my little running man dance in my 12 square foot cubicle. Still, would be a BLAST!!!!

Indy_Rosser

Reply by Indy_RosserPATRON

Now THAT, right there, is funny!

Yankee_Julie314

Edited reply by Yankee_Julie314SNAP-STAR +1

UNBELIEVABLE! I don't get angry often, and often try to use humor to be a peacemaker, but I just can't believe what these mentors and particularly Novella in this case, is dealing with. I didn't have the time to enter this contest, but I'm glad I didn't. Pettiness.

People you aren't competing on American Idol or being awarded a record contract for winning, for crying out loud! This is supposed to be fun. True the awards are very generous...and that's my point. This is a business. Trevor and his staff don't have to do these challenges or contests. They could just do their daily work duties and take our membership dues, but they try to make this site so much fun. Support is also amazing at how fast they answer problems and get things corrected that aren't running smoothly on the site.

I guess all of that I said doesn't have to do with the complaints being lodged about the way the contest is scored, but I just feel sad that there always seems to be some who can never be satisfied no matter how things are done and how hard the staff works to correct things to make them fair.

Feel free to delete this if it cause problems in the thread. I mean no disrespect. I just needed to say something. Congrats to the finalists and again.....SS staff rocks!!!

Lori259

Reply by Lori259CHAT-ADMIN

Come Join SS CHAT!

Lee Or kelvis the last 2 was my favorite ~i am so glad I do not have to pick the winner~The first 2 kicked but as well!! ~GOODLUCK EVERYONE!

Katie-and-Dennis

Reply by Katie-and-Dennis

I wanna know how to make those fab vids!!...LOL!!......Someone make a thread with instructions.......otherwise I will be lost in cyberspace forever trying to work it out...haha...

I have to say....that each and every entry I listened to....was just as fabulous as the next....didn't matter to me what was clever editing and what wasn't.......for me it was all down to the passion and emotion that oozed out of every entry....it must have been very very hard for the mentors to choose....I know I would have really struggled with it and I have judged these site run contests before........so I know how hard it is....Bravo to the fab 4 mentors....a job very well done in my eyes.......

I still wanna know how to make those vids....

Oh..........and I REALLY would not like to be Trevor right now..........LOL!......

DaBoo

Reply by DaBooGOLD +1

I am going to share this with all of you. This silent rendition won me a 1st place banner on a thread about contests........that's right. Probably the first ever thread win.......ya tink?

So let's all join hands and silently sing..........................................

Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah!
Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah.
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Someone's crying, Lord, Kum ba yah!
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Someone's singing, Lord, Kum ba yah!
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Someone's praying, Lord, Kum ba yah!
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Just keeping things in perspective and hopefully people will lighten up a little.

Boney-Jo

Reply by Boney-JoGOLD

Congrats to the Top 4, and to Jag for the save!

I can't wait to listen to you all!

Deveney

Reply by DeveneyGOLD

OK PEOPLE!

Let's just cheer Jag along, and get on with it, no amount of bitching, moaning, or complaining is gonna change the outcome, I am slightly surprised..... I really thought most people would "rise above" all this.

So with THAT being said, Just RAISE YOUR GLASS!

I would like to THANK every mentor, support personnel, and staff for doing such a WONDERFUL job, These people have such a THANKLESS job, and it's a job that most VOLUNTEER for, they DESERVE your respect!
My momma always said..... "Don't criticize someone else's job unless your willing to do the job yourself."

CONGRATS Jag for a job WELL DONE!

Boney-Jo

Reply by Boney-JoGOLD

I am going to share this with all of you. This silent rendition won me a 1st place banner on a thread about contests........that's right. Probably the first ever thread win.......ya tink?

So let's all join hands and silently sing..........................................

Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah.
O Lord, Kum ba yah

O Lord, Kum ba yah

O Lord, Kum ba yah

O Lord, Kum ba yah

Just keeping things in perspective and hopefully people will lighten up a little.dannyboo

Boo, you let my hand go! and then I started singing off pitch LOL!

Boney-Jo

Reply by Boney-JoGOLD

I wanna know how to make those fab vids!!...LOL!!......Someone make a thread with instructions.......otherwise I will be lost in cyberspace forever trying to work it out...haha...

I have to say....that each and every entry I listened to....was just as fabulous as the next....didn't matter to me what was clever editing and what wasn't.......for me it was all down to the passion and emotion that oozed out of every entry....it must have been very very hard for the mentors to choose....I know I would have really struggled with it and I have judged these site run contests before........so I know how hard it is....Bravo to the fab 4 mentors....a job very well done in my eyes.......

I still wanna know how to make those vids....

Oh..........and I REALLY would not like to be Trevor right now..........LOL!......

Katie

Ditto!

I wanna learn too

-Liz-

Reply by -Liz-

Katie

I would actually be MORE than happy to share everything I have done and know how to do (however little it actually is)
As soon as I get finished splicing and dicing my video here- I will draw up a tutorial and take some screen shots as I am working now

socomicefox

Edited reply by socomicefoxSNAP-STAR

Ok I just got to this page and wow LoL what a ride! I goin to say this

JennieSweden -Liz- Kelvis LeeRogers JaguarJ

Take a look at them names up there. They up there for a reason. Cause they have that factor. To be honest out of the 5 singers above when this contest 1st started I predict 4 out of the 5 above to be in the finals cause they have show me in other contests that I have been in with them that they have the talent and they have that factor about them. They know how to bring it.

Everyone of them names up there deserve to be in the finals heck many of them deserve recording contracts..

I will say this now.. I am lookin at the 5 names above and I say wow again I have been in contests on this site with 4 of them up there. I will tell you now this is going to be 1 heck of a finals and I say to myself to predict a winner but I can not.. Right now I can not loll it is for real hard to even guess who will be the winner but I do know everyone of them 5 names above is goin to bring the best they ever did on this site. So take a breath everyone and enjoy the Finals

To the finalists be proud and do not listen to haters. If anything that should make you bring it more . Bring all you can to this round more than any contest you ever did. I lookin foward to hearin the entry. Good luck to you 5 and no matter what everyone of you is winners and the best singers on singsnap.

Boney-Jo

Reply by Boney-JoGOLD

Katie

I would actually be MORE than happy to share everything I have done and know how to do (however little it actually is)
As soon as I get finished splicing and dicing my video here- I will draw up a tutorial and take some screen shots as I am working now -Liz-

Thank you!

Jubi

Reply by JubiGOLD

Seven Years r/b7b479acd

Katie

As soon as I get finished splicing and dicing my video here- I will draw up a tutorial and take some screen shots as I am working now -Liz-

Thank you!Boney-Jo

Please count me in on that. Congrats to the remaining four and Jag

-SuzAnne-

Reply by -SuzAnne-GOLD

Katie

Thank you!Boney-Jo

Please count me in on that. Congrats to the remaining four and Jag Jubi

ME TOO~~!! I am trying some things...but no luck so far!

Boney-Jo

Reply by Boney-JoGOLD

See what you started with this contest Novella!

We all want to learn how to make videos

TheTrubador

Reply by TheTrubadorGOLD

I think the staff did a good thing.
I will have to be in line to learn how to make my own video:)

This has been a great experience, and I truely believe all of you are STARS.

But I think a new name is in order for the 5 winners.

THE FAB FIVE!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

scillz

Edited reply by scillzGOLD

THE FAB FIVE is a FANTASTIC name..lol

congratulation final 5! Best of luck to you all

now..i feel like doing some videos as well...lol

JJMartin

Reply by JJMartinGOLD

Sing because it makes you smile...and for no other reason

best of luck top 5...

Maree

Reply by Maree

Well I actually READ the audition. In the unlikely even that I made it through the acapella round I would have needed some video skills to compete at top level in the latter rounds (which I don't have) or be prepared to take a pretty fast crash course (which I am too lazy to do lol) Kudos to those of you who made the Top 24 and gave it your best shot. Your talent has already been recognized but making it past 700 other hopefuls well that is an achievement in itself and you can be proud of that! Most of us here on this site are in awe of you all for doing just that much.
As for the finalists, YOU are already winners and can continue to please your fans for another year with a generous reward provided by this site and WE are winners because we get to hear you again:) All your efforts will be appreciated by the majority so don't listen to the vocal minority and give it your best. WE LOVE WHAT YOU DO!!

Congratulations to the team! This has been great to follow and lots of work on your part. Very much appreciated

Maree

Reply by Maree

best of luck top 5...

JJMartin

Beki

Reply by BekiGOLD

Catching up with friends :) xx

A HUGE Congratulations to the top 5 You are all amazing

country_angel27

Reply by country_angel27

Congrats to the top 5 first of all...you deserve to be where you are now in this contest.youre all great singers...keep the music coming...secondly...when is the next contest so i can enter?lol

Boney-Jo

Reply by Boney-JoGOLD

best of luck top 5...

JJMartin

Ditto!

JennieSweden

Edited reply by JennieSwedenGOLD

Indigiandragoness

Reply by Indigiandragoness

My congrats to the winners!
You are amazing!
Tanya

Curlyshirley

Edited reply by CurlyshirleyGOLD

Katie

Thank you!Boney-Jo

Please count me in on that. Congrats to the remaining four and Jag Jubi

ME TOO~~!! I am trying some things...but no luck so far!sukiesan

WoW..............Glad i went to bed when i did last night hahaha lol.

Liz I want private tuition on that tutorial......ONE ON ONE or i will never work it out lol. Im one of them people who will read and read and read and read and STILL NOT get it lmao..... If im not doing it all the time i forget how to after a week or so lol.

This has given new excitement to the sight I think.

But Annnnnyway..... Why are you reading this thread when you should be working on your song GET TO FRIGGIN WORK ............ALL OF YOU

Good Luck Guys................wooohoooooo cant wait now

AngelaSweden

Reply by AngelaSwedenGOLD

Its going to be so much fun to watch the Final video/recordings

Indy_Rosser

Reply by Indy_RosserPATRON

Jennie has an unfair advantage! LOL She can get YOU as a video double, Angela!

LeeRogers

Reply by LeeRogersGOLD

Yayyyyy WTG Jag, congratulations!!!! Nice to see another guy!! lol

I was all out numbered:) Looking forward to hearing you all:)

GO NOVELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeeRogers

Reply by LeeRogersGOLD

I said earlier in the round that i am not a cam fan, whilst i love to see others perform on cam i kinda dont like it looking at me! lol I have almost 1000 recordings and only three of them are on cam and thats only cos JCD FORCED me into it! lol

I switched to a mac computer a couple of months ago and Friday was the first time i opened the imovie software. I am Happy to help anybody thats interested in telling them how I did my vid. Yeah I sat up until 4 in the morning playing with the editing but the software is outstanding. Its not me being clever it's down to how good a Mac is!!

and no.....I dont work for Apple!!! lol

Katie-and-Dennis

Reply by Katie-and-Dennis

Katie

That would be Fantastic Liz!...I know there are probably quite a few people who would be interested in seeing that.......

And best of luck to you in this round!

JCD

Reply by JCDGOLD

Heaven by LeeRogers & Me

I said earlier in the round that i am not a cam fan, whilst i love to see others perform on cam i kinda dont like it looking at me! lol I have almost 1000 recordings and only three of them are on cam and thats only cos JCD FORCED me into it! lol

I switched to a mac computer a couple of months ago and Friday was the first time i opened the imovie software. I am Happy to help anybody thats interested in telling them how I did my vid. Yeah I sat up until 4 in the morning playing with the editing but the software is outstanding. Its not me being clever it's down to how good a Mac is!!

and no.....I dont work for Apple!!! lol

LeeRogers

I do think Roger owes me at least some of his winnings, whether it be a month or two of his prize of one year of SingSnap or at least a commission of 5 years should he win the lifetime membership for my GENTLE encouragement in getting him on cam (the use of several very long whips that reach from Canada to the U.K.!) and talking him into getting a Mac (with my fingers crossed hoping he'd like it and not toss it out the window, across the ocean and through my kitchen window!).

What a wonderful contest this has been so far and the best is yet to come! Can't wait to hear our AMAZING 5 finalists! I've robbed my prop bin and have my cheerleader shakers all ready to go!

Thank you Novella, our super-duper mentors and all volunteers who made this happen. I wish Trevor the best in trying to choose a winner from the group of finalists. I am glad I am not you!

SimplyRozzy47

Edited reply by SimplyRozzy47GOLD

Good night... i am off to work! see you in the morning... :) cheers!

Congratulations, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to enter but time would not allow me, but I am so proud of the singers/performers on SingSnap HOW AWESOME, AWESOME INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps next year I might try it!

Deveney

Reply by DeveneyGOLD

Ok.... so i KNOW we probably won't see any entries for a day or two, but that does NOT mean that I won't be here EVERY morning for My breakfast Aunt Bluey!

And seeing how we are no longer in the Super 8 with continental breakfast that we are in the Ritz Carlton I EXPECT some pretty FABULOUS entree's.

SingingRainbow

Reply by SingingRainbowSNAP-STAR +1

J&D's Croonin' & Swoonin' girlie style#8 sign-ups!

Good morning I wanted to come by and say CONGRATULATIONS to the FABULOUS 5!!!! Well done to all of you Can't wait to hear all of you once more
Have a fun time!!
LOL@Deveney and all that up there ^^^ hehehe
Bluey's gonna be cooking all day lol!

Novella

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +16 +32

Good Morning everyone!

Let's have a good day shall we?

Bob-H

Reply by Bob-HPATRON

I've been following this and am truly amazed (I hardly ever use that word!) at the talent! Top four, and the save, were so awesome I went back and listened to the top 24 list! What hard choices to make! I would love to be able to make videos like some I have seen! Just AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING,!! Congratulations to all!

Ms_Truckin_Bluey

Reply by Ms_Truckin_Bluey

Ok.... so i KNOW we probably won't see any entries for a day or two, but that does NOT mean that I won't be here EVERY morning for My breakfast Aunt Bluey!

And seeing how we are no longer in the Super 8 with continental breakfast that we are in the Ritz Carlton I EXPECT some pretty FABULOUS entree's. Deveney

Good Morning all you Talented Snappers....

LOL@ you girl... I brought breakfast.... Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Curlyshirley

Reply by CurlyshirleyGOLD

Where are the Beans Bluey Cant sing without Wind hahahahah

GrannyNan

Reply by GrannyNanGOLD

This has been so exciting!
Congratulations to all and Best wishes!

GrannyNan

freespirit_tx

Reply by freespirit_txSPECIAL-EVENTS +2

Had to pop-in and extend Congratulations to our Top 5 Finalists! Good Luck, Ya'll!!
Besides...heard Bluey was serving Breakfast! Yum!!
~BarD~

Ms_Truckin_Bluey

Where are the Beans Bluey Cant sing without Wind hahahahahCurlyshirley

Yuck!! beans for breakfast...ummmm nevermind. lol

Ms_Truckin_Bluey

Waves to Bard ~~

I am having a bagel with strawberry cream cheese and coffee

Ms_Truckin_Bluey

Edited reply by Ms_Truckin_Bluey

Can't wait to hear the Fantastic Five!!!

Greeneyedkat

Reply by GreeneyedkatGOLD

Magic Man~~~~~~Click Here

Good Morning everyone!

Let's have a good day shall we? Novella

Curlyshirley

Reply by CurlyshirleyGOLD

Where are the Beans Bluey Cant sing without Wind hahahahahCurlyshirley

Yuck!! beans for breakfast...ummmm nevermind. lolMs_Truckin_Bluey

You can't say yuck and then never mind lol...Leaving me wide open to reply to that lol..

The world's biggest full English breakfast, served at Mario's Cafe Bar in Bolton, Lancashire. Photograph: Mark Campbell/Rex Features

Previous Next