Is anyone interested in video?

This topic is listed in General Discussion.
It has been viewed 6,903 times and 263 replies have been made.

- Next
Dinalydia

Edited post by DinalydiaGOLD

Greetings everyone,
I've been on SingsNap just a short time, but became fascinated quickly, and began learning how to make decent quality sound recordings.

I thought most people would be using webcams, so I bought an inexpensive one. Then I discovered very few SingSnappers use cams, maybe 10%. Of those who do, I found only a handful who use video to express themselves.

I see not one recent thread about video, so here I am inquiring. Maybe because I do visual art and dance, I always want to make visual expression part of the recording.

I understand most people just want to sing their hearts out sitting at their computer in their pajamas, without being concerned with How-do-I-look-on-camera.

But to me, it's like I'm at a karaoke bar and all the singers are using pseudonyms and standing behind a curtain. There is something anonymous about it. Maybe that accounts for the manic socializing and breakfast-pic-posting that goes on.

Does anyone have thoughts about this, want to experiment with video, share tips, think up video-related challenges, etc?

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD

I just bought a new cam...so will be doing some videos again...

reasons some folks maybe aren't doing video

1.the room they are in is an absolute mess
2.they think they look ridiculous when they sing
3. if they can't see you while they are singing why should you see them
4.they might think the video eats up some of their computer's resources
5. they might think they need to get all dolled up to be on cam and would rather
just sit and sing in their boxers
6.when they do use video it is out of sync and they look like they are in a bad movie..so they have just given up on the idea

I like using video and hope to get back to doing it more often although don't like my facial gestures when I sing.

Dinalydia

Edited reply by DinalydiaGOLD

HI,
Thanks for the feedback. All those reasons make sense. I probably spend twice the time on a recording with video. A ridiculous amount of time, some would say. If I didn't work from home, I couldn't do it.

Why I do it:
Without video, I'm just another amateur singer like thousands, with a pleasant but unexceptional voice. I've taken a few lessons and I work on my vocals all the time - but I'll never be brillliant.

With video, I can offer more entertainment. And I also find it more fun to do, more creative and I feel compelled to do it.

I sure look forward to seeing yours. About your facial gestures, those can be adjusted with practice, like any other aspect of the art. Myself, I tend to overdo the facial gestures, then I have to go back and re-do it while restraining my hamminess.

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD

LOL at restraining hamminess...loved that..

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

LOL at restraining hamminess...loved that..grammatea4u

Not always entirely successfully.

Defense

Reply by Defense

^^^ Crazy Ex Girlfriend comes to mind LOL

Dinalydia

^^^ Crazy Ex Girlfriend comes to mind LOL Defense

!
Are you going to make sure that abomination keeps popping up to torment me?
They MADE me do it.

Katie-and-Dennis

Reply by Katie-and-Dennis

LOL @ just sit and sing in their boxers.....that cracked me up!!.......lolol.....

I would imagine that more than 10% do video recordings here......they may not do every recording on cam.....but most will try it at some point.....if they actually possess a webcam......

I personally have seen some fantastic videos on this site over the years...some were hilarious...some were sad...and some were just downright entertaining!......

I think the video thing has a lot to do with people's self confidence...people who struggle with that will be more likely just to do the audio recordings.....

I don't think it matters whether a person records audio or video....at the end of the day...if they had fun doing it...then that's what its all about!

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

Katie,
You are right - it doesn't matter how people choose to enjoy the site in their own way. Video sure is not for everyone, considering the extra time it can take up.

But in this thread, I'm encouraging those who ARE interested in video to discuss it, exchange ideas. Any thoughts on the topic are welcome.

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD

Well on that thought...

I wish there was some way to arrange the room to not show the clutter behind me when I'm on cam without having to build some sort of curtain contraption and then feeling claustrophobic

Dinalydia

The way I work it: I am in a small office with a wall and piece of furniture just a few feet behind my chair. I tack a large piece of cloth onto the wall to drape over the furniture as a backdrop. Thus, no clutter showing (of which there is lots).

Now - if you are in a large room with lots of stuff behind you, you COULD build or find a screen or room divider to create a wall or backdrop behind you. I see these screens in secondhand shops often. Or even use one of those long beaded curtains, hanging from hooks on the ceiling, so it's quickly put up or taken down.

I wouldn't feel claustrophobic in the screened-off space, but maybe you would. It's whatever you're used to. Some people work in office cubicles all day long.

Maybe you could simply darken the room behind you - turn off the lights and close the blinds - and arrange lamps to cast soft light on you from the sides and above. You'd have to experiment with that.

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD

hmmmmmmm ya just gave me an idea

Katie-and-Dennis

Edited reply by Katie-and-Dennis

Katie,
You are right - it doesn't matter how people choose to enjoy the site in their own way. Video sure is not for everyone, considering the extra time it can take up.

But in this thread, I'm encouraging those who ARE interested in video to discuss it, exchange ideas. Any thoughts on the topic are welcome. Dinalydia

Point taken......I was going with your "do you have any thoughts on this" anology...

I think it would be great....if people like yourself....made threads with step by step guides on how to do certain things to make the best of what one has.....lighting for example....and people are always wanting to know how to create the black background etc.....

Also....I know lot of people are interested in how to make videos of themselves...piece all the parts together and add them to their recording.....like some of the contestants did in a recent SingSnap contest....what software to use...and all that tech stuff.....

I know it is possible to be creative without the use of software etc......and a lot of it is down to the actual persons performance as well as props......

xCHELLEx

Reply by xCHELLEx

I do use videos generally, I do them now more because my friends complain if there is not a video to go with a song rather than for myself, there is one bad point I find to doing videos over others that have been mentioned and thats the fact generally I get more non commenting views, the singing is no different obviously but the views are generally much higher.

One other point, some people do not want other people to know they are on here and videos obviously give this away, take it from as some of my videos got stolen and ended up doing the rounds at the place I used to work via mobile phones....

Dinalydia

Katie,
So far I have relied on an uncluttered background, plus props, costume, dramatics on some songs.

I am just now beginning to experiment with some of the technical enhancements. I downloaded the demo version of manycams.

I'd be happy to list a few tips and tricks that I've found, lighting and so on, that flatter and create a nice quality video, even at low resolution.

Katie-and-Dennis

Kaite,
So far I have relied on an uncluttered background, plus props, costume, dramatics on some songs.

I am just now beginning to experiment with some of the technical enhancements. I downloaded the demo version of manycams.

I'd be happy to list a few tips and tricks that I've found, lighting and so on, that flatter and create a nice quality video, even at low resolution.Dinalydia

That would be fantastic!.....and very helpful!...

I've always depended on candle light...a dark room...manycam....and crossed fingers...LOL!.......

Defense

Edited reply by Defense

^^^ Crazy Ex Girlfriend comes to mind LOL Defense

CURSE!
Are you going to make sure that abomination keeps popping up to torment me?
They MADE me do it.Dinalydia

And you did it quite well, and yes, I may pop it up every ten minutes like an egg timer LOL No I won't...just kidding

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

Thanx Paul

flatduck

Reply by flatduckGOLD

The gift of life is so much appreciated ,thanks to my donor forever greatfull

singing on cam requires lot of talent that i don t have .......................and i would need ss to create a new option like a mmlb .............on top of the mmsb button

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

I've had an interest in video, and done some editing. I'm new here and I'm not sure what will be possible using the SS recorder and doing the video on the fly. A major point is probably the sync of pre-edited video as the audio gets recorded, or even using a second pass through the recorder to overlay the video on top of the recorded audio.

The SS recorder allows three inputs. It's likely that I would use two cameras and one other video source like a DVD player. It would be nice to have someone to switch from one to the other while I did nothing but sing. I gave the DVD hookup a test the other day, after I edited a clip and burned it to disk. I didn't attempt any real sync as I sang, just ran the video.

Right now I don't have any software that would support live green screen effects, but that would be nice. Maybe I need to look at that many cam thing?

I'm thinking it would be nice to be able to go mobile and make recordings anywhere wifi is available or maybe through a cell phone internet service. I have the equipment for on location audio and video, but lack the internet capability.

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

singing on cam requires lot of talent that i don t have .......................and i would need ss to create a new option like a mmlb .............on top of the mmsb buttonflatduck

A "Make me Look Better" button would help, yeah. However - there is a "motion ghost" button and a "beautify" (soft focus) button - either of those willl skim over minor, um, flaws in your good looks.

I rely on contrived lighting, plus color balance and focus adjustments in my camera software to make me look like a movie star...at least that's the goal...

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

I've had an interest in video, and done some editing... pls8xx

You bring up some good possibilities for video creativity. I myself am not that advanced yet.

I've done a dub effect on one - that is, I did the video and audio separately. I did a audio track first with cam disabled. Then on the duet round I lip-synched to my own audio track. That way I could move and gesture freely without being concerned that the audio would suffer. The video is low-res enough that it isn't obvious.Besides, that is how pro music videos are made, right? The singer lip-synchs to their own audio track.

Of course, we're still tied to our computers for the video track, if we have only the webcam.

If you make a video elsewhere - with a friend's help - say you walking the steets of your hometown, or hanging out in a interesting spot - or a video made from a slideshow of pics you find go well with the song - theoretically that video could be inserted into a SS recording by using manycam.

But I haven't tried it yet.

Nor have I tried the 3 cameras thing. Yes, having an "assistant" to work the controls while you appear on camera would be helpful.

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

VIDEO TIPS
Here's the first thing I discovered:

1. Don't stare at the lyrics.
It's not too interesting to watch a singer with their eyes glued to the screen, moving left to right, left to right, as they read the lyrics. That doesn't look like a natural performance with your audience in mind.

Just like in real-life karaoke, it looks a thousand percent better if the singer knows the lyrics. Most of us know the lyrics to our favorite songs, right? It's okay to glance at the screen from time to time - we're not professionals, after all - but no more than necessary.

I find my timing is also improved when I listen for cues in the music instead of relying on the flow of the karaoke lyrics, which isn't always perfect.

I suggest either make "eye contact" with the audience (look at the camera lens) or let the gaze wander, or close the eyes, as if musing to yourself while singing. Whatever seems natural. It takes a little practice. Watch real singers in live performance or video. What do they do?

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

I'm afraid my computer is too old to run both the SS recorder and many cam at the same time. But I can directly feed the SS recorder by attaching a standard digital video camcorder through a firewire port. Hit play on the camcorder and the video appears as a live camera on the SS recorder, or I can use it as a live camera same as a webcam.

The same can be done with a DVD player through a cheap video capture device. Hit play on the DVD and it appears as a live camera on the SS recorder. That's what I did to get the video on the following song ...

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b35fbd692

Dinalydia

Wow, you did that with a DVD player?

I don't know what a "firewire port" is though, I don't understand how you connected these devices to the computer and to the SS recorder.

Belle_Morte

Reply by Belle_MorteGOLD

It's only mice in the attic ;) r/b278c86a9

I do cams sometimes ... first I have a rather cheap webcam (iHome) so there's no 30fps, then again there really isn't on most of them until you get expensive (can't afford).
In nicer weather when I can, I'm usually getting ready to go garden and no I'm not putting makeup on when I'm going to be out getting sweaty and dirty, LOL. If it's post-gardening, I'm already grubby and now I'm tired

My livingroom is usually a mess because I'm either in the midst of trying to go through stuff to get the clutter down (and it's a whole lot worse while you're mid-process) or it's all just sitting because I'm feeling too sick/am in too much pain to be able to deal with it.

Have very very high ceiling so I can't just hang something from the ceiling to hide any clutter unfortunately. I do sometimes try - set up a clothes rack and drape fabric over it and even try to get manycam to cooperate ... which is hit or miss. Don't have a ceiling fixture either which is a light issue with the cam/manycam backgrounds.

If I'm in a contest? normally I don't cam, I've been told that a lot of judges find them distracting or plain don't like them, period. They just want the sing. I am in a contest right now, 2 songs so far and yes I did cam them both - but with effects because I almost "needed" to cam to totally immerse myself in the songs and get the atmosphere I wanted to go with my sings - and some artists just scream for cam!

Get me on a day when I'm not severely in pain, feeling ok for me, am in the mood and especially for site events? OH YEAH, I can turn into a total ham

In 2009 and part of 2010 I did a lot of cams but I wasn't as tired out from hurting all the time like I am now so cams are more of a special thing. Heck just getting out of bed, stumbling to the livingroom, turning the computer on and singing - and saving it can be as much as I can handle many days!

Dinalydia

offtone,
It sounds like you have many challenges to deal with right now. I would feel it's not worth it to stress yourself out trying to get video recordings right now, because of that. Take care of yourself however you can. Lighten your load however you can.

I too have found that contest judges do not give points for video, unless they specifically ask for it, as one recently did. And I did place in that one.

As you say, it may even be detrimental in a contest, because it's so different from the rest of the entries, it can't be judged the same. I wish there'd be more contests that do ask for video.

But I find that it's more interesting to ME to make a video, and some people do appreciate the visuals. So even if I don't win contests. I'll keep doing it.

I'll check out your videos you mention shortly.

Thanks very much for the feedback.

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

A webcam plugs directly into a computer usb port. Likewise a video capture device has a cable on one end to plug into the usb port same as the webcam. On the other end it has connecters that match up with standard video cables used with a DVD. When the DVD is hooked up and the play button hit, the DVD video will appear in one of the small windows of the SS recorder where you can select it or the webcam, or switch back and forth as you sing the song. The same capture device can be used to hook up an old VHS player or older non-digital camcorder to the computer

The current video capture device I use is a Dazzle, but I have used the cheaper Easycap. Often these come with video editing software that alone is worth the cost of the device.

Jubi

Edited reply by JubiGOLD

Hi Dina,

Great thread. I am sure those who make videos will love the tips.

I don't do videos often for many reasons.

1. My webcam is extremely outdated and has a very small view range. You can't even see my hands move when I sing, and I do sing with my hands. All you see is my shoulders and head.

2. I have a new webcam but can't install it. My cd rom won't read the application disk :/

3. I only sing songs on cam when I know the song by heart. I usually do this for each halloween when I dress up in costume and put on a show. Yes, that has to be done from the shoulders up. There is just so much I can do from the shoulders up. Facial expression, head tilts, wandering gazes, eye contact, and hand movements around the face usually come into play then. One time, I leaned back in my chair dramaticly and swung my head back with two beats of the song during the intermission. Yes, I have to be creative in such a small view range, lol.

4. When I do usually sing, I look icky.

5. I make funny faces on cam, lol.

6. My computer is in my living room also with a high ceiling and poor lighting.

I do however love to make slide shows for my songs. I collect tons of pics and use them.

For those who do use video, I think it is great. I wish I had some of the equipment and applications to do it. Until then, people will just have to hear me sing for the most part.

Dinalydia

Jubi,
You have a beautiful voice and I love your audio recordings - have you flagged. You are one erson who doesn't need enhancement to impress the listener.

About your webcam, can you not back up a few feet, or move the cam further back to get more of your figure in the camera?

I can move my webcam, cause I have an extension cord from the computer recycle store -only cost $1 - that plugs into the cam end and the USB port. I have my cam taped to a DVD case. I move this backward or forward on the computer, or stacked up on other boxes, or move it to a shelf or wherever.

Dinalydia

VIDEO TIPS
#1 Don't stare at the lyrics (detailed above)

#2 Simple background
What you usually want to enhance your home video sing is an uncluttered, undistracting background. (We've discussed this somewhat above). The office, living room, den, or kitchen visible behind you is likely full of furniture and clutter. Some solutions:

a. Darken the room.
This is easier after sundown, or if you have room-darkening shades. But the light from the computer screen alone may not be too flattering. You'll have to experiment with this. More about lighting coming up shortly.

b. Hang a backdrop.
This could be any large solid-colored cloth, an old window drape, several yards of wide fabric, even a bedsheet.
It's easier if the wall behind you is just a few yards back without furniture in the way. Then it can be affixed directly to the wall (via tacks) or hung or draped like a curtain from a rod supended from the ceiling (via hooks).
Consider the color of the backdrop. I'd avoid black, white or very bright colors. If you have light hair, choose a darker color. If you have dark hair, choose a medium-to-light color. You don't want your hair blending into the background.
A beaded curtain might work.

C. Set up a screen or room divider.
You might find a used one in a secondhand store. the surface doesn't matter cause you canm drape it with a backdrop.

Katie-and-Dennis

Hi Dina,

Great thread. I am sure those who make videos will love the tips.

I don't do videos often for many reasons.

1. My webcam is extremely outdated and has a very small view range. You can't even see my hands move when I sing, and I do sing with my hands. All you see is my shoulders and head.

2. I have a new webcam but can't install it. My cd rom won't read the application disk :/

3. I only sing songs on cam when I know the song by heart. I usually do this for each halloween when I dress up in costume and put on a show. Yes, that has to be done from the shoulders up. There is just so much I can do from the shoulders up. Facial expression, head tilts, wandering gazes, eye contact, and hand movements around the face usually come into play then. One time, I leaned back in my chair dramaticly and swung my head back with two beats of the song during the intermission. Yes, I have to be creative in such a small view range, lol.

4. When I do usually sing, I look icky.

5. I make funny faces on cam, lol.

6. My computer is in my living room also with a high ceiling and poor lighting.

I do however love to make slide shows for my songs. I collect tons of pics and use them.

For those who do use video, I think it is great. I wish I had some of the equipment and applications to do it. Until then, people will just have to hear me sing for the most part.Jubi

Hi Jubs...

You could try downloading the drivers for you new cam over the internet rather than using the disk....that is what I did with mine.....

gdwithin

Reply by gdwithinGOLD

I actually will be starting a video contest maybe in about 2 weeks. I too have noticed so little use of webcams.

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

I actually will be starting a video contest maybe in about 2 weeks. I too have noticed so little use of webcams. gdwithin

Excellent! I look forward to it.

Katie-and-Dennis

There is a lot to be said for software like Manycam...

Many people assume that the free version just gives you the ability to add funny hats and stuff......or similar effects to what are already on the recorder...

What many don't realise....is that the free version also allows you to upload pre-made videos to run through manycam as you record......this could be a video you have made yourself using something like windows movie maker....or it could be an original video from the likes of youtube. Manycam does not pick up the sound from the video....so it is ideal to use along with the SingSnap recorder....which allows you to add your own recording to the video........

Some people find it great fun...hunting for videos to match their songs.......

Even using a pre-made video gives a recording a little more interest....and only adds to the overall performance.........

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

I checked out manycam this morning. It looks neat, but I can see it needs a lot more RAM memory than my old bucket of bolts has. In computer years mine is older than I am. I guess I'm stuck with hard wired video sources. Santa better bring me a new computer for Christmas!

Jubi

Reply by JubiGOLD

Many people assume that the free version just gives you the ability to add funny hats and stuff......or similar effects to what are already on the recorder...

What many don't realise....is that the free version also allows you to upload pre-made videos to run through manycam as you record......this could be a video you have made yourself using something like windows movie maker....or it could be an original video from the likes of youtube. Manycam does not pick up the sound from the video....so it is ideal to use along with the SingSnap recorder....which allows you to add your own recording to the video........

Even using a pre-made video gives a recording a little more interest....and only adds to the overall performance.........
Katie

How do you do this?

Katie-and-Dennis

Katie

How do you do this?Jubi

I will pm you Jubs...lol

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

Katie,
Yes indeed! I have a video slideshow in mind to use on manycam that will go with my SS vocal. Forget the funny hats and that nonsense, it's the video upload fuunction I'm interested in.

It also has color and tone adjustment functions, in case your webcam doesn't.

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

If I love the result of the video upload function, I may spring for the pro version. That way, no unattractive manycam logo on your finished piece.

Katie-and-Dennis

Edited reply by Katie-and-Dennis

If I love the result of the video upload function, I may spring for the pro version. That way, no unattractive manycam logo on your finished piece. Dinalydia

The free version allows you to remove the logo...

Click on the effects tab - and then click on "text over video" ....there is a check box along the bottom which allows you to have the logo or not have it.........

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

THANX MUCH!

Jubi

Reply by JubiGOLD

^^^
Katie beat me to it. I was going to tell you the same thing too, lol

Belle_Morte

Reply by Belle_MorteGOLD

your own vids/cams - just do them without the music, save as a format manycam can use (avi, wmv I know it supports), go to the Sources tab, Camera - make sure your cam's there. Then click Movies - you'll see:

Recent Files - this will show something if you've used it, because MC saves whatever you use as a movie or slideshow. If you haven't used it, it's blank and then you'll see:

(a folder) Open new file - click that, browse to where you saved your cam vid and get it in there. There's play, stop, loop buttons. I don't use this much. I did try for Hanky Panky - edited 2 takes of cams I'd done for a group project, but I definitely stink at cam editing I'd also done a cam for Send In The Clowns, but over-edited it, so it ended up a little too short :/

Instead of Movies, if you want a slideshow, what I do is put all the images I want in 1 folder. You can put up to I think? 6 images in manycam using the Open new file (same as above with Movies). I'd done "Bad Things" (for the nth time) with True Blood images as a slideshow and had more than 6. So I just kept adding from the folder I had all my TB images in by clicking to open them. I might not recommend that for everyone or every song, it can get distracting!

Manycam has some great effects. Backgrounds and I normally don't get along - lighting and having things in the background are really important and I don't have even lighting, do have "stuff" lol. I occasionally get lucky, but it's hit or miss.

There's borders, overlays, little fun things to have on screen with you - and you can download more stuff from their site - all for free. And you can add your own stuff in the Objects and Backgrounds categories.

If you go to Effects, there's way cool stuff. I recently did Brain Damage by Pink Floyd, used Alien in Color and Mirror in Lens. Then added the "smoke" effect that's on the SS recording page. I think it turned out really good and that one was sooooooo simple!

I am still using an older version, v. 2.4 because all the newer ones crash or freeze up on me, not sure why but why fight with it, right?

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

offtone.
Thanks very much - I look forward to experimenting with these effects you describe.

I used the "smoke" effect on the SS recorder once- to do "Cruella DeVille." In the Disney animated movie, she was perpetually trailing green, noxious smoke from her cigarette (in a long holder). So that was perfect. I used the motion ghost for "Wear your Love Like Heaven" cause it's kinda trippy.

I have made slideshow videos with Windows MovieMaker, so I know how that works. I have a ton of images, photography is a hobby of mine. But until SingSnap, I had no way to add my own vocals.

Here is one I made for my husband's birthday with a music track that I purchased: "Work to Do" by the Isely Brothers.

I must've used about 30 of my own pics. The images more or less match up with the song lyrics.

This is the sort of thing I'd like to do with Manycam and the SSS vocal.

gdwithin

Reply by gdwithinGOLD

Here you go Dina, I did a video for you. Using plain old SS and my laptop cam

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bcb561926

Dinalydia

Reply by DinalydiaGOLD

gdwithin...........Wow, I am breathless after listening to that....Thanks very much for sharing the visual, but the vocal sure does not need enhancement. Gosh now I am so jealous, why am I not so gifted??? At least I do have ears, I was able to enjoy that....

gdwithin

Reply by gdwithinGOLD

Thank you Dina, I have heard you, you are too VERY gifted!! And your Cruella DeVille....SPECTACULAR!!

Belle_Morte

Reply by Belle_MorteGOLD

offtone.
Thanks very much - I look forward to experimenting with these effects you describe.

I used the "smoke" effect on the SS recorder once- to do "Cruella DeVille." In the Disney animated movie, she was perpetually trailing green, noxious smoke from her cigarette (in a long holder). So that was perfect. I used the motion ghost for "Wear your Love Like Heaven" cause it's kinda trippy.

I have made slideshow videos with Windows MovieMaker, so I know how that works. I have a ton of images, photography is a hobby of mine. But until SingSnap, I had no way to add my own vocals.

Here is one I made for my husband's birthday with a music track that I purchased: "Work to Do" by the Isely Brothers.

I must've used about 30 of my own pics. The images more or less match up with the song lyrics.

This is the sort of thing I'd like to do with Manycam and the SSS vocal.Dinalydia

That YT is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very, very awesome!

You can do that with manycam, but you'll probably have to make your main browser window smaller and have the manycam open (might not hurt to have the folder with all the pics you want on your desktop next to that). I say that only because you are limited to how many pics at a time manycam can hold.

So, you could do the slideshow manually, do your sing and then do the slideshow as your "harmony" or you could use win movemaker (if it'll work - mine loves to crash mid-project LOL) or other software and put everything together and make your slideshow a "movie", save and just put that in manycam and let it run while you sing. Really depends on how many pictures you intend to use. If you were going to run with, say, 30? I'd go with trying to make a movie of them all, that's a ton of looking back and forth and clicking/opening folder/adding to manycam and trying to sing at the same time

Dinalydia

offtone,
Thanks very much for the compliment. I worked really hard to get that slideshow just right.

I agree - I should assemble the slideshow in Moviemaker first, then run it thru manycam as a single video.

Although like you, I too had problems with Moviemaker crashing repeatedly with that many images - so I hit "Save" about every 15 seconds. The Canon movie software that came wth my camera did the same. I wished many times I had a better video editing program.

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD +1

Stop knocking mah cheese offa mah cracker..!

I do video to covey the emotion of the song. I used to fix hair and makeup and worry over backdrop... now I just go on as is. It is the song that matters most to me. I like to be real.

- Next