I Want Fans! Do YOU Want Fans?

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 4,126 times and 182 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
tigers12LEVEL 86

Reply by tigers12GOLD +1

very well said on this hun just reading through xxxx

Asmodeus13LEVEL 54

Reply by Asmodeus13GOLD

I have fans (and favourites) - and fans who are favourites - and vice versa.

Cherokee_RoseLEVEL 86

Reply by Cherokee_RoseGOLD

love this nice info

Uncle-PauleyLEVEL 107

Reply by Uncle-PauleyCHAT-ADMIN +6

Godspeed & God Bless, KellyAnne4Peace! May The Brightness Of Your Soul Light Up Heaven!

Fans are great! Comments are wonderful! SingSnap Rocks My World!

rowenusmcLEVEL 58

Reply by rowenusmcGOLD

Great info!

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 75

Reply by TWEENYPAULINEPATRON +1

LOVE MY FANS AND APPRECIATE THEM, THANK YOU......

zenmachine73LEVEL 36

Reply by zenmachine73GOLD

Thank you for the helpful info!. I want to build a fan base!

mouser2youLEVEL 48

Reply by mouser2youGOLD

There are so many great people here that I love to listen to. I used to be here all the time and now it is so hard to find the time. Been trying to get back into singing more this past year... My voice disappeared so I'm working on getting it back and now I'll be working harder on listening more! Guess that's why God gave us one mouth and two ears! Listen more and more! Thank you for the great article!

PerryCLEVEL 42

Reply by PerryCGOLD

As for me, if i listen I comment, i will be honest, and like the majority i will find something positive to say ALWAYS.

Being partiall deaf (see my profile) i am not in any position to throw stones.
What many dont realise is how much work I put into my songs, i love to sing, but was horrible.

But my dream was to sing well. So first had to take singing lessons with the help of a speech pathologist, then practice, practice, practice.

FF to 2011 when i joined SS: to sing a song i listen to it about a dozen times, then i will sing it, and my wife helps guide me through the parts i cant hear where my voice should be, inflections, nuances, ques, etc. We go through it until get it down, along with timing. Then i practice it over and over. Then record, have wife review, redo if needed. Then finally record and post.
I love music , and a bit of a ham, i try to make it fun unless its a sad song. I get alot of comments on my videos.

I admit, i love getting comments, they encourage me. Sometimes i know they're just being nice. I often wish people would leave constructive criticism so i could contine to improve.
It does make me sad when i work super hard on a song, and feel really good about it, then wife listens and is impressed, post it and it just sits there 0 comments 0 views:-(

not trying to write a book here but,
i have to tip my hat to SS, and the very first friend i met on here. MysticalEyes, strange but as my confidence increased it had a ripple effect.
I surprised my friends getting up at public karaoke, even more surprised i sounded really good.
I was asked to sing at the county fair, and several Italian weddings. Not bad for someone doctor said would never sing, and told me to find a new dream.
Every three years i get new hearing aids, and each time technology improves, and i can hear a bit better. some things i will never hear, but it is what it is. I sing for the joy it brings me, or sometimes to file away feelings.
Best comment i ever got was :
"you dont sound like a deaf person, if i hadn't read your profile i would have never known"

LadyHeathersingsLEVEL 78

Reply by LadyHeathersingsGOLD +3

Everyone who is kind enough to take the time to bless me with a listen I appreciate. I always have something nice to say about every performance I listen to. People r pouring their hearts out for us to listen to. How awesome is that.

DawnNeptuneLEVEL 95

Reply by DawnNeptuneGOLD +3

Everyone who is kind enough to take the time to bless me with a listen I appreciate. I always have something nice to say about every performance I listen to. People r pouring their hearts out for us to listen to. How awesome is that.LadyHeathersings

Yezzzzzzzz

TOMILLERLEVEL 56

Reply by TOMILLER

Everyone who is kind enough to take the time to bless me with a listen I appreciate. I always have something nice to say about every performance I listen to. People r pouring their hearts out for us to listen to. How awesome is that.LadyHeathersings

Beautifully said, Heather!!!!!!!

notevolvedLEVEL 51

Reply by notevolved

PlaydoeLEVEL 47

Reply by PlaydoeGOLD

I would like a stronger fan base but l f just haven't been able to create it somehow, l am most genuinely generous with my present friends !! I would like to be able to remember how l managed dueting a few times but then l forget how to go about it again! I love singing with someone but have offered it up several times with no takers, what am l doing wrong ! Please join me anytime, so many wonderful singers with big hearts!!

fla_beach_bunnyLEVEL 82

Reply by fla_beach_bunnyGOLD

Love my fans and friends

Holly-AnnLEVEL 66

Reply by Holly-AnnGOLD +1

Great article!! I managed to completely unintentionally upset a member VERY early on here, simply by not following them back - I had no idea they had even followed me at all! It's so easy to offend sometimes - I try to be more aware of the various ways we use SS these days, but we are DEFINITELY all here for different reasons, at at very different times! Some fab advice here!

MoonD4234LEVEL 75

Reply by MoonD4234GOLD

DINAMODAZZLEVEL 44

Reply by DINAMODAZZPATRON +4

We come from all walks of life from all over the world, but we come here together and share what we are passionate about....singing! And Boy Do We Have Fun Doing It.

I Love to listen and make friends , singing partners & fans (ps my fans are the most awesome fans in the history of the world )

i Sing For Me! Whenever or Wherever i Feel The Music, But The Fact That Others Enjoy My Singing Too & Leave a nice comment or follow me......Well That Just Makes You Feel Like A SUPERSTAR!

Thanks Snappers
Darren

The_Holy_MoleLEVEL 67

Edited reply by The_Holy_MoleGOLD

I love Snap, been a member for over a decade & it's Community feel has always been somewhat special. That said, I'm amazed if I get 20 views if I don't post a link elsewhere.

However, I have also longed for years for the site to provide a method for members to monetise their efforts. Without this, Snap has stood still while content creation sites such as Youtube have grown to a size where they are a global influencer.

Something like referral commission for signing up new Gold members would work if you don't want to go down the advertising clicks route whilst growing both the membership for the company as well as audiences for creators.

Sure, its a karaoke site and few on here are dreaming of a music career but for those that are, exposure is key. Money follows views and vice versa; & Snap is not a competitor in the Creator market in it's current format.

Flash MUST go too; I find many people on the internet, rightly or wrongly, will not click a Singsnap link for fear of viruses.

heart4u2loveLEVEL 41

Reply by heart4u2loveCHAT-ADMIN

I love commenting on songs n it’s always great to hear new versions of songs too the nicest thing is when u get lovely comments from people u don’t know n not come across before n they say flagged u as fab or fan so it’s great to go return the compliment as it’s good for your soul n makes others feel great too x caring is sharing why not try it
So amazing singers out there go have a listen n duet with them

Dale_SprayberryLEVEL 57

Reply by Dale_SprayberryGOLD +1

Elvis was the man r/b475e1197

Great info. Very helpful.

heart4u2loveLEVEL 41

Reply by heart4u2loveCHAT-ADMIN

Sadly so many people view n listen n say nothing which can impact how others feel n can have a lasting impression I always comment if I listen as it manners to do so n u don’t know how the other person feeling n so nice words n comments can make someone’s day x
Why not make someone’s day by visiting n commenting folks xx

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

100% when ppl come to my songs I hope they are nothing but honest about how I sing because I know if I am good on my songs lol. Like literally I will sing a song listen to it and someone will call it amazing and I will be like you sure cause imo im the one that sing that and listening to myself right now I rushed through the song absolutely terrible on that. I am one of those singers that like critique I like the truth about how I sing because then I find a way to take that critique and use it to grow my voice.

I mean you go to someones song and say OMG what was that that was actually horrible to my ears I have no clue how I sat here and listened to this the whole time.. Thats mean critique. Should never be done thats just called being rude.

But now going to someones song lets say its a contest entry and after listening to the song you can say hey there took a listen to your song and this song is just imo not for your voice. It is too high of a song dont try to strain your voice to hit high notes. If you are not hitting high notes with ease as if you are talking then you are singing wrong. Use less breath remember those high notes dont require alot of breath but a small amount. Sing songs that fit your voice. I feel like a better song should be picked for you or you should pick a better song good luck.

Now see ^^^ that up there is what you call good critique because yes you are telling someone you did not enjoy their sing but at the same time you are telling them advice on how to grow their voice better and I tell ya what no matter what level of a singer from joe to pro if a person gives advice of what they liked/did not like about your song any level of singer should take that critique and grow from it.

Teacup10LEVEL 71

Reply by Teacup10GOLD

Sociomicefox,,

I can relate to what you are saying, and for those of us on SS who are here because we want to improve singing, that remark about a song being wrong for the singer MIGHT get by on the niceness scale. But, the majority of people here just love to sing or are here to help with medical issues (respiratory or memory conditions). They don't want to make it better or work to "get it perfect". If I don't enjoy a song that I hear, I don't wax poetic about how wonderful they did, but I won't tell them any kind of criticism, constructive or not. I don't know why there are there, only that they did a song that they hope someone will hear and enjoy.

Your comments about what song to sing, and the range, is fine for a private message IF you know that person wants help. For me, I'd love to hear ideas about songs the listener might think fits me or suggestions about phrasing, dynamics, etc. Then it's my choice to agree or just ignore the advice. But saying it publically isn't the best way to do it, in my opinion.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't like the way you sang a song, why do you post it to public? Why not just do it again until you get it the way you want it?

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Sociomicefox,,

I can relate to what you are saying, and for those of us on SS who are here because we want to improve singing, that remark about a song being wrong for the singer MIGHT get by on the niceness scale. But, the majority of people here just love to sing or are here to help with medical issues (respiratory or memory conditions). They don't want to make it better or work to "get it perfect". If I don't enjoy a song that I hear, I don't wax poetic about how wonderful they did, but I won't tell them any kind of criticism, constructive or not. I don't know why there are there, only that they did a song that they hope someone will hear and enjoy.

Your comments about what song to sing, and the range, is fine for a private message IF you know that person wants help. For me, I'd love to hear ideas about songs the listener might think fits me or suggestions about phrasing, dynamics, etc. Then it's my choice to agree or just ignore the advice. But saying it publically isn't the best way to do it, in my opinion.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't like the way you sang a song, why do you post it to public? Why not just do it again until you get it the way you want it?Teacup10

Hi there thank you for your post. To answer your question you asked at the end. The way I always did it was if I sing the song and I listened to it and did not like how it sounded I never did post it public. Specially if it was a contest or a theme I would always make sure I was fully satisfied with my songs before posting them publicly.

Teacup10LEVEL 71

Reply by Teacup10GOLD

Thanks for the answer! I've heard people having very different ways to do it here. I'm always curious how others do it.

Diane

BarbaraMasonLEVEL 69

Reply by BarbaraMasonGOLD

I love it if others listen to me.

swtgajeannieLEVEL 79

Reply by swtgajeannieGOLD

interesting to get everyones views on this topic

-Vel-LEVEL 85

Reply by -Vel-GOLD

I agree!

theeheavymetalrick

Reply by theeheavymetalrickGOLD

WHEN A COMPANY RADICALLY SLASHES PRICES, YOU K-N-O-W SOMETHING BAD'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN! FYI!

Seriously? If you NEEEEED people on HERE to tell you you're good, and validate your worth, you have issues that go faaaaar beyond this site.

Brattus

Reply by BrattusGOLD

For me. The Keto diet is the solution to many middle aged health problems.

Seriously? If you NEEEEED people on HERE to tell you you're good, and validate your worth, you have issues that go faaaaar beyond this site.theeheavymetalrick

How correct you are.
People get addicted to the artificial confirmation.
They don't have to actually do anything or even leave their homes to get people telling them how awesome they are as long as they trade back the same artificial confirmation.
It has the same mental and emotional affect on people as an addictive drug.
Similar to the like button on Facebook.

The singing and songs don't even matter on here for the most part.
Most go unlistened to.
They just serve as an excuse to comment farm and tell nice sounding lies to one another.

If SS ever made it where snappers had to actually listen to at least half of a song before it could be loved or commented on SS would turn in to a deserted wasteland of a website.

singerman2008LEVEL 53

Reply by singerman2008GOLD

I love all fans ! I sing for you. I want you to feel what I sing and remember me. I will try harder to comment and thank you. Gary

<< Prev