Beta is total rubbish

This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help. It has been viewed 813 times and 34 replies have been made.

Steve0204

Post by Steve0204GOLD

This new Beta is absolutely rubbish and is totally not worth it's money, it way to many bugs in it and its really pretty much unuseable, if this is the way sing snap is going to be then I am out of here, You really need to sort this out, otherwise this site is going to die a death big time. I am really am not happy with this site at all, This Beta its a total disgrace and now even the old flashplayer version has started with serious issues of timing and stops recording for no reason, even when you clear out all the junk and thecookies like you tell us all to do it still don't work properly.
NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!

Michael1951LEVEL 91

Reply by Michael1951GOLD

Steve,

I hope you are feeding back to SS the issues you are having. It's BETA, it will have bugs to
be fixed. I haven't tried it much yet,but,I will. I will need to see the final product before
judging it, and, even then there may be issues to iron out. Coding is not easy, it takes time.
Hopefully over time it will be even better than before,which is the ultimate goal.

Mike

starsearchLEVEL 107

Reply by starsearchGOLD

this site now is user friendly and easy to find things and see things...
the new site isn't friendly and things are all mixed up...
even the feature page is a mess...
songs are not in sync, sound is missing on some, the lyrics float above the player, nothing works correctly....
there is no customizing and pages are blank and ugly....
the recorder box is huge and sometimes only shows a small square with the live recording in the corner...
the message board is all margins and little space in the center area.....
it's not as eye catching as the site here is ....
I'm not sure it it will ever be as good as it is now....

starsearchLEVEL 107

Reply by starsearchGOLD

I just tried to record on Beta and the recorder won't load to record....sigh

cannotsing24LEVEL 108

Reply by cannotsing24GOLD +6 +3

I just Went to Beta and the Recorder is working fine
set up and lined up volume all good
i have a cheap headphone and am also listening on Beta
i love it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NO COMMENTS

NovellaLEVEL 111

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +19 +18

The website you all use today has been developed for nearly 14 years We've had a lot of time to work out the kinks and make changes based on user feedback.

Beta has only been live for less than one month We are always working to fix bugs and once we have the core features where we want them - then we can focus on the fine tuning things and further developing awesome features Having any solid opinions at this time is pre-mature.

The new site follows the same layout that this site does. It has tabs across the top for Listening/singing/purchases etc.,

The menu bar has all the same features but it is located in the three bar menu, top right. Click on the three bars and a side panel will open. From there, you have all the same options as you do on Legacy - including some bonus features Legacy does not have.

Yes, there are still things to work on and adjust but we're committed and capable and we sure hope people give us a chance If you have any specific feedback, there are threads set up and we'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!
Novella

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Might not be around for a few, another hurricane heading our way!

Beta is working perfectly well for me!

FalsettoLEVEL 32

Reply by FalsettoGOLD

Only a few of my recordings appear on Beta. Most of them won't play. Also, the wording in many cases is so light it's hard to read. I really think it's been a case of form over function, the original version being so much easier to navigate and use. The only problem was that it used Flash. Even this message is breaking the words up onto separate lines as I type them. Bottom line: Beta is unusable as it is at present.

StillBluesLEVEL 5

Reply by StillBlues

The website you all use today has been developed for nearly 14 years We've had a lot of time to work out the kinks and make changes based on user feedback.

Beta has only been live for less than one month We are always working to fix bugs and once we have the core features where we want them - then we can focus on the fine tuning things and further developing awesome features Having any solid opinions at this time is pre-mature.

The new site follows the same layout that this site does. It has tabs across the top for Listening/singing/purchases etc.,

The menu bar has all the same features but it is located in the three bar menu, top right. Click on the three bars and a side panel will open. From there, you have all the same options as you do on Legacy - including some bonus features Legacy does not have.

Yes, there are still things to work on and adjust but we're committed and capable and we sure hope people give us a chance If you have any specific feedback, there are threads set up and we'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!
NovellaNovella

I know the staff must be working hard on making beta usable. With beta being less than a month old, there are a lot of bugs to work out to be sure. Mobile version for example.

No wonder you're working hard - if the site is no longer usable in December you're out of business. This is the 11th hour.

The question I have is why is the beta only a month old?

Singsnap must have been aware for years that flash was in end of life. The final end has been announced in 2017, and flash has been deprecated long before that. There is no excuse for throwing up an early alpha site and calling beta barely 4 months before flash ceases to function entirely. As you said, it took 14 years of work and feedback to get the current site to a good place. (Let's face it, it's not now nor has ever been a masterpiece of web development.)
What can we really expect in 4 months? A disaster?

Behind all the excuses, last minute actions, and pressure on members to spend money is bad leadership.

I, for one, am following the saga of singsnap with interest, amusement, and low expectations. I hope it survives in some form...

schmartypantzLEVEL 43

Reply by schmartypantz

I have an older pc. win 10 though. Just recorded on the beta site.worked very well. I did have to delete the recording because the 5 I have saved have a meaning to me. But that's ok. I know it works for me. For those who it doesn't work I suggest patience.

Michael1951LEVEL 91

Reply by Michael1951GOLD

One of the biggest problems is compatibility across so many
platforms and environments, which you can't see in the lab.
Field testing and feedback is critical to it's success.

Mike

MrNLeeperLEVEL 57

Reply by MrNLeeperPATRON

I don't know how to find songs to sing..I'm used to having a box to type artists or songs in..I have to admit, I am pretty much lost here.

a_god_sLEVEL 111

Reply by a_god_sGOLD

I understand about working out the kinks... really I do! I am willing to try new things (just look at some of the Country songs I've sung! LOL) but this BETA ---- SUCKS!
I tried the BETA... and I ran into all the issues that Starsearch (above) mentioned.The lyrics don't match up. I didn't hear the audio, when I did it would cut out, freeze up. It was impossible to use.
But the BIGGEST problem I have is not being able to record on the legacy SS platform.Being forced to use the BETA isn't working for me.I am uber bummed that I had the auto-pay on for my continued membership because I don't think this is the Community I want to stay with any more
Give me back what I paid for... let me use the remainder of my membership and I'll give the other YEARS that I paid for away to people that want it... I don't.

a_god_sLEVEL 111

Reply by a_god_sGOLD

What happened to my post???

ConnieG

Edited reply by ConnieGGOLD

. .

I know the staff must be working hard on making beta usable. With beta being less than a month old, there are a lot of bugs to work out to be sure. Mobile version for example.

No wonder you're working hard - if the site is no longer usable in December you're out of business. This is the 11th hour.

The question I have is why is the beta only a month old?

Singsnap must have been aware for years that flash was in end of life. The final end has been announced in 2017, and flash has been deprecated long before that. There is no excuse for throwing up an early alpha site and calling beta barely 4 months before flash ceases to function entirely. As you said, it took 14 years of work and feedback to get the current site to a good place. (Let's face it, it's not now nor has ever been a masterpiece of web development.)
What can we really expect in 4 months? A disaster?

Behind all the excuses, last minute actions, and pressure on members to spend money is bad leadership.

I, for one, am following the saga of singsnap with interest, amusement, and low expectations. I hope it survives in some form...StillBlues

From my point of view.. and MY friends that came here same time... this website when first came here.. was immediately in a good place! Everything worked....even the one star ninja's ratings worked.. ahaha.... we came.. saw.... loved.... saved... stayed!! it worked so well it had us all addicted!! More features were added... couple years after... stereo was implemented with testing teams and those bugs sorted... but I don't remember hardly any problems that most had... accept wanting new features.... making suggestions for we used to sit and sing for bloody hours... and duet... and do videos.... so it really didn't take no 14 years... to be a workable buzzing website ?? I shake my head at that one.... things in the last few years seemed to stop working actually ..... ie can't embed ss songs.. the message board search stopped working... ...

LeenyBee

Edited reply by LeenyBeeGOLD

Post by Riddick99 on June 28, 2007

its called singsnap beta not because its there second attempt of making the site its because its NOT the finnished site you will find bugs in the site we are only here to test it and give feedback to help make its the best before SingSnap goes public.

Any Problems you find please let the singsnap team know they will try fix it as soon as they can dont get worried if you cant record or listen to songs it will be fixed ......

all i can say now is please help the singsnap team before they make the site public

As Trevor has explained this site will remain a free Site for as long as possable he isnt planing on making it a pay for site

This is the best Karaoke site i have found its allways having new songs added i was a member on ksolo but they never updated so please help the singsnap team dont hassle them for minor problems just let them know.

Hope Everyone Enjoys Singing On Here
have a good day

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/af2ff2?lastPage=9b1c6&quote=topic#reply

The site was FREE when it was BETA back then! Nothing to lose!

Offer the NEW BETA for FREE instead of making people pay for something that is not a finished product!

Madleine

Reply by MadleineGOLD +2

cannotsing24LEVEL 108

Reply by cannotsing24GOLD +6 +3

I cannot get into my Beta Account
was able but last night it would not
let me in,,,,,,,with my same SingSnap login
thank you Shirley

LeenyBee

Reply by LeenyBeeGOLD

Madleine

Reply by MadleineGOLD +2

Madleine

Edited reply by MadleineGOLD +2

...... Beta is unusable as it is at present.

Yes i know what you mean... sigh.. well...

ragtime108LEVEL 100

Edited reply by ragtime108GOLD +2 +2

I think a lot of progress has been made on the Beta site, and I can see it becoming better in many respects than the old site that seems to be in the process of being phased out (with less and less tech support as the deadline for total transition nears ...) It's always hard to give up sentimental attachments, but when one door closes another opens - or something like that (you figure it out, lol ...)

Aside from the technical changes which will be more challenging for some than for others, the overall aesthetics and personal feel for the new site will naturally take some time to develop, so - like the song says - "all we need is a little patience ..."

For me, the main thing is that Singsnap remains a site where musical (and other artistic) talents can be shared, showcased, inspired and collaborated ...

chanelannLEVEL 46

Reply by chanelannGOLD

Went on Beta, and there was no sound. Issue wasn't with my laptop , I even turned up volume full. Nothing.

Madleine

Reply by MadleineGOLD +2

Went on Beta, and there was no sound. Issue wasn't with my laptop , I even turned up volume full. Nothing.chanelann

Yes, many have that and other problems with the beta...

monique136

Reply by monique136GOLD

So here we go...

[quote=Falsetto]Only a few of my recordings appear on Beta. Most of them won't play. Also, the wording in many cases is so light it's hard to read. I really think it's been a case of form over function, the original version being so much easier to navigate and use.
ote]

I have the same problems with a lot of my recordings not appearing on BETA, and of the ones that are there 40% are not opening. That is just not right !

MabeckS6575LEVEL 100

Reply by MabeckS6575GOLD

I'll wait patiently..for now I can log in but couldn't load any songs from it to record.
It says..'Loading webcam/mic timed out'
Please help if you know what to do.
Thanks.

sweetcherrywineLEVEL 34

Reply by sweetcherrywine

Hi singsnappers I'm very disappointed in this singsnap as Im having so much problems with sound and songs getting stuck and will not play! I just paid $ 183.05 I really dont think this is right! Im 100 % not happy there nothing working right on this site... and dont plan to stay to long here, Its Really sad this use to be fun to come sing here , now its awful nothing works right,,,ho and mine is doing same not loading the song ,,sticking WHAT THE HELL!

Madleine

Reply by MadleineGOLD +2

... I just paid $ 183.05 ........!sweetcherrywine

Hy,

for what did you pay 183.05 $ ?

hugs

MtLM

Reply by MtLMGOLD

Hy,

hugs
Madleine

I can only assume that sweetcherrywine, being Canadian paid the full retail price of 120.00 USD plus applicable taxes which converts to @180.00 CAD give or take depending on the exchange rate and bank fees for converting funds. Yeah, SS memberships are steep for non US citizens. It should be noted that SingSnap is based in Ontario but the membership is charged in US dollars to all members regardless of where they live.

Madleine

Edited reply by MadleineGOLD +2

Hy,

hugs
Madleine

I can only assume that sweetcherrywine, being Canadian paid the full retail price of 120.00 USD plus applicable taxes which converts to @180.00 CAD give or take depending on the exchange rate and bank fees for converting funds. Yeah, SS memberships are steep for non US citizens. It should be noted that SingSnap is based in Ontario but the membership is charged in US dollars to all members regardless of where they live. MtLM

Thank you for your answer .. WOW! Thats tough... i didnt know that... O O

thank you so much for your answer

Havealwaysloved2singLEVEL 74

Reply by Havealwaysloved2singGOLD

Hey there “discouraged Snappers.” We all know how tough it is to deal with any kind of change in the status quo. “If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.” There’s a saying about how many Lutherans it takes to change a light bulb. Of course it only takes 1 to change the bulb, but it also requires a committee of 50 people to talk about how good the old bulb was. It is for change that this new platform has been and is being developed. Since Adobe Flash is on it’s way out the new system had to be designed. Of course this is a big risk for Trevor and the other SS leadership. If everyone jumps ship during the transition that would be horrible. I liked the ease of use and quality of sound of the “legacy” format too but it’s destiny was to go away. Let’s all hang in there together and be patient till this thing is working as it should.

Heart-BeatsLEVEL 41

Reply by Heart-BeatsGOLD

I LOVE this new site!! You actually sound like you're in a studio!!

I wholeheartedly agree!! I’ve had a couple of problems, myself, but, overall, I’m really excited and enthusiastic about the quality of sound on the new system! And, for me, anyway, the sound is what counts the most!! Let’s give them a chance!!

RichAllenLEVEL 76

Reply by RichAllenGOLD

I think at the moment the US Dollar works out about 80p to the British Pound, so a $12 Gold sub works out a bit less than a tenner a month, whoich I can just about afford.

ClarelolaLEVEL 82

Reply by ClarelolaPATRON +2

I think a lot of progress has been made on the Beta site, and I can see it becoming better in many respects than the old site that seems to be in the process of being phased out (with less and less tech support as the deadline for total transition nears ...) It's always hard to give up sentimental attachments, but when one door closes another opens - or something like that (you figure it out, lol ...)

Aside from the technical changes which will be more challenging for some than for others, the overall aesthetics and personal feel for the new site will naturally take some time to develop, so - like the song says - "all we need is a little patience ..."

For me, the main thing is that Singsnap remains a site where musical (and other artistic) talents can be shared, showcased, inspired and collaborated ...ragtime108

Thanks Ron for saying this - I agree. Currently I use the legacy site still as I cannot figure out the new one either, BUT I have looked elsewhere and cannot find the plethora of songs on other sites that are here on Singsnap. I am going to stay and see what happens.

At the same time, as other people on this thread have said, it is also true that there was time to revamp this in the past few years and perhaps not enough advantage was taken of that time than should have been. It's too bad it is not more usable yet.