STARSEARCH 2009 BIWEEKLY ROUND 6

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed. It has been viewed 8,644 times and 496 replies have been made.

Next >>
starsearch2009LEVEL 1

Edited post by starsearch2009

WELCOME TO ROUND 6!!! EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO ENTER THIS CONTEST!

SELECTED SONGS FOR THIS CONTEST WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS OUR JANUARY WINNERS HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR SONG CHOICES FOR THIS 1ST HALF.

CONTEST DATES:
`
CONTEST #1 January winners: Lightwalker and 8Sirena8 (1st & only Biwkly Heat)
`
Contest#2 - 1st Biweekly, Feb 01; End - Midnight, Feb 11; Results: Feb 15
Contest#2 - 2nd Biweekly, Feb 16; End - Midnight, Feb 26; Results: Feb 28
`
Contest#3 - 1st Biweekly, Mar 01; End – Midnight, Mar 11; Results : Mar 15
Contest#3 - 2nd Biweekly Mar 16; End – Midnight, Mar 26; Results : Mar 30
`
AND SO ON. COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE DATES AND RULES.

CONTEST RULES:
1) We WILL NOT accept pre-recorded materials unless you inform the committee as to your intent 3 days prior to closing day per contest. Approval or Denial and reasons therefore will be addressed before closing day.

2) No DUETS allowed meaning any song you place as an entry has to have your voice only (excluding backup singers already in the song) If you must harmonize then that is acceptable. Winners of prior Contests can only select songs for soloists. Duet songs requiring duet partners will not be accepted.

3) There is no limit as to how many awards you can win. After one year, we will tally all the winners and their winnings. The singers that hold the most titles will also be the winners for our final award in both MALE & FEMALE categories. They will receive the SSRC OVERALL BEST SINGER for the year Nov. 2008-2009.

4) SSRC OVERALL BEST MALE SINGER AND BEST FEMALE SINGER for the year Nov. 2008-09 will receive Romance Club Trophies; Personal Websites Designed and Created by Papaver; Prizes from Singsnap Sponsors (we will be canvassing for); and one copy each of a CD of their winning songs produced by Infinity Productions, UK.

JUDGES:
~ Judges will be appointed by our contest committee. Alternate judges are also appointed.
~ We may have the option to use Mystery Judges just to add a little bit of excitement occasionally.
~ As is customary with all our challenges and contests, singers are judged from their singing and overall performance.
~ Usage of Webcam or other technical additions are optional and not of special import to the judges.
~ Judges scores are averaged by the Contest Committee

NOTE: Leave any drama at the door, if you have a problem with anyone or anything, please PM any committee member. We will try to address your problem as best we can. However, we all have day jobs so let’s try and keep the peace as much as possible!
NOTE: ADDITIONAL RULES, REGULATIONS, ADDENDUMS WILL FOLLOW IF NEEDED.
LET’S HAVE FUN!! THAT’S WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!!!
***Moderators: Badigard, Tigess1167, Cat-
***Standby Moderators: Appointed RC Members
***Contest Rules written by Tigress1167
***Public Relations: Cat- aka Cookie-
***Trophies by Cuda & Poppy
***Graphics & BBCodes & Design by Poppy
***Contest Created by: Badigard & Poppy

***IMPORTANT NOTICE:
THE MODERATORS TIGRESS1167, BADIGUARD & CAT- (& STAND-BY SSRC MODERATORS) WILL RETAIN THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF THE BIWEEKLY CONTESTS IF THEY SO CHOSE. THANK YOU.

*************!!!This thread will not tolerate Spamming!!! ***

starsearch2009LEVEL 1

Reply by starsearch2009

starsearch2009LEVEL 1

Edited reply by starsearch2009

SELECTED SONGS FOR THIS CONTEST WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS OUR JANUARY WINNERS ~ LIGHTWALKER AND 8SIRENA8 ( CONGRATULATIONS!) HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR SONG CHOICES FOR THIS FEBRUARY 1ST HALF.

starsearch2009LEVEL 1

Reply by starsearch2009

THIS 1ST BIWEEKLY FOR FEBRUARY BEGINS, FEBRUARY 1ST. THANK YOU.

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Reply by tigress1167

SELECTED SONGS FOR THIS CONTEST WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS OUR JANUARY WINNERS ~ LIGHTWALKER AND JANNIHEAD ( CONGRATULATIONS!) HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR SONG CHOICES FOR THIS FEBRUARY 1ST HALF.

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Edited reply by tigress1167

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO ENTER THIS CONTEST! WELCOME TO ROUND 6!!!
ROUND 6 BEGINS FEBRUARY 1 AND ENDS FEBRUARY 11th! OUR STARSEARCH BIWEEKLY JANUARY ROUND 5 WINNERS HAVE CHOSEN THE SONGS FOR THIS ROUND. YOU HAVE TIME TO LEARN THE SONGS AND NAIL THEM!

HERE ARE THE CHOSEN SONGS FOR THIS ROUND:

Round 4 Winner jannihead's choice for FEMALE CONTESTANTS:
"Wayfarin Stranger" by: Emmylou Harris
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/singandrecord/record?song_id=aa20359
(Other same titled related songs acceptable)

Round 5 Winner Lightwalker's choice for MALE CONTESTANTS: "Oh What A Thrill" by: The Mavericks
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/singandrecord/record?song_id=b52aac3

Contest thread is located at this link : http://www.singsnap.com/snap/forum/topic/ad22da0?last_page=1#last_reply

CAT-LEVEL 7

Reply by CAT-

WELCOME EVERYONE TO ROUND 6!!!

THESE ARE SOME GREATTTTTTTTTT SONGS!!!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Welcome everyone, tell a friend, and share the fun, hello there Cookie my sidekick, hugssssss

CAT-LEVEL 7

Edited reply by CAT-

HIYAAAAAAAAA SIDEKICK!! HUGGSSSSSSSSSSSSS
WELCOME EVERYONE!!!

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Reply by tigress1167

going to put this link on the last one and fix the listening banner to use for this round

CAT-LEVEL 7

Edited reply by CAT-

too late to edit the top one

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Reply by tigress1167

code for songs and comments

tigress1167LEVEL 1

too late to edit the top oneCAT-
I see....sorry for the booboo folks Poppy got Sirena on her mind

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Reply by tigress1167

SELECTED SONGS FOR THIS CONTEST WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS OUR JANUARY WINNERS HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR SONG CHOICES FOR THIS 1ST HALF.

CONTEST DATES:
`
CONTEST #1 January winners: Lightwalker and jannihead (1st & only Biwkly Heat)
`
`
`

CONTEST RULES:
1) We WILL NOT accept pre-recorded materials unless you inform the committee as to your intent 3 days prior to closing day per contest. Approval or Denial and reasons therefore will be addressed before closing day.

2) No DUETS allowed meaning any song you place as an entry has to have your voice only (excluding backup singers already in the song) If you must harmonize then that is acceptable. Winners of prior Contests can only select songs for soloists. Duet songs requiring duet partners will not be accepted.

3) There is no limit as to how many awards you can win. After one year, we will tally all the winners and their winnings. The singers that hold the most titles will also be the winners for our final award in both MALE & FEMALE categories. They will receive the SSRC OVERALL BEST SINGER for the year Nov. 2008-2009.

4) SSRC OVERALL BEST MALE SINGER AND BEST FEMALE SINGER for the year Nov. 2008-09 will receive Romance Club Trophies; Personal Websites Designed and Created by Papaver; Prizes from Singsnap Sponsors (we will be canvassing for); and one copy each of a CD of their winning songs produced by Infinity Productions, UK.

JUDGES:
~ Judges will be appointed by our contest committee. Alternate judges are also appointed.
~ We may have the option to use Mystery Judges just to add a little bit of excitement occasionally.
~ As is customary with all our challenges and contests, singers are judged from their singing and overall performance.
~ Usage of Webcam or other technical additions are optional and not of special import to the judges.

NOTE: Leave any drama at the door, if you have a problem with anyone or anything, please PM any committee member. We will try to address your problem as best we can. However, we all have day jobs so let’s try and keep the peace as much as possible!

***IMPORTANT NOTICE:
THE MODERATORS TIGRESS1167, BADIGUARD & CAT- (& STAND-BY SSRC MODERATORS) WILL RETAIN THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF THE BIWEEKLY CONTESTS IF THEY SO CHOSE. THANK YOU.

CAT-LEVEL 7

Reply by CAT-

HAHAHAHA OK GONNA START HERE..LOL

WELCOME EVERYONE!! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND PRACTICE THESE GREAT SONGS AND LETS HAVE ANOTHER EXCITING ROUND!!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

CAT-LEVEL 7

Reply by CAT-

CAT-LEVEL 7

Reply by CAT-

THIS 1ST BIWEEKLY FOR FEBRUARY BEGINS, FEBRUARY 1ST. THANK YOU.starsearch2009

KittenKatLEVEL 25

Reply by KittenKat

Sooooo, I should sing Wayfaring Stranger between Feb. 1st and Feb. 11th and post it here????

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Reply by tigress1167

yepper you are correct... it would wonderful to hear you sing too, hugsssss

MemphisBluesManLEVEL 44

Reply by MemphisBluesManGOLD

Flagging..............

KittenKatLEVEL 25

Reply by KittenKat

Thanks tigress....flagging!!

Lightwalker

Reply by Lightwalker

Flagged. I'm anticipating a good turn out. I'll invite a few people to join us. Good luck and happy singing to everyone!

badiguardLEVEL 2

Reply by badiguard

HELLO HELLO HELLO!

badiguardLEVEL 2

Reply by badiguard

WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!..i WAS INTENDING TO FLIRT AROUND USING STARSEARCH2009..DANG!..NOW I CAN'T DENY MYSELF SEEING MAMMASAN PLACED MY PIC THERE AS WELL..OHHH FOOEYYYYY!!!

badiguardLEVEL 2

Reply by badiguard

CONGRATULATIONS TO LIGHTWALKER & JANNIHEAD ON THEIR WINNING ROUND 5. MY GRATITUDE TO ALL THE CONTESTANTS THAT PARTICIPATED..I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL CONTINUE JOINING OUR CHALLENGES. EVERYONE IS A WINNER HERE & OUR AIM IS TO ALSO MAKES THIS A PLEASURABLE & FUN CHALLENGE FOR ALL.
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS FOR EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN IN.
THANK YOU AS WELL TO THE STAFF & JUDGES FOR THEIR UNDYING SUPPORT...GROUP HUGS!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

badiguardLEVEL 2

Edited reply by badiguard

Welcome everyone, tell a friend, and share the fun, hello there Cookie my sidekick, hugsssssstigress1167

Reply by CAT-GOLD on January 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM
CAT- congratulations to lee and sirena for the ssrc hof award!!!

WELCOME EVERYONE!!!

LOL!..MY TWO FAVORITE GIRLS!..TAKE A GUESS WHO IS IN THE MIDDLE THEY END UP KICKIN!

CAT-LEVEL 7

Edited reply by CAT-

Welcome everyone, tell a friend, and share the fun, hello there Cookie my sidekick, hugsssssstigress1167

WELCOME EVERYONE!!!

LOL!..MY TWO FAVORITE GIRLS!..TAKE A GUESS WHO IS IN THE MIDDLE THEY END UP KICKIN!badiguard

hahaha studmuffin and dont you forget it ...LOL

CAT-LEVEL 7

Reply by CAT-

CONTEST DATES:
`
CONTEST #1 January winners: Lightwalker and jannihead (1st & only Biwkly Heat)
`
`
`

CONTEST RULES:

JUDGES:

***IMPORTANT NOTICE:

CAT-LEVEL 7

Edited reply by CAT-

ROUND 6 BEGINS FEBRUARY 1 AND ENDS FEBRUARY 11th! OUR STARSEARCH BIWEEKLY JANUARY ROUND 5 WINNERS HAVE CHOSEN THE SONGS FOR THIS ROUND. YOU HAVE TIME TO LEARN THE SONGS AND NAIL THEM!

Round 5 Winner Lightwalker's choice for MALE CONTESTANTS: "Oh What A Thrill" by: The Mavericks

Contest thread is located at this link : http://www.singsnap.com/snap/forum/topic/ad22da0?last_page=1#last_reply

CAT-LEVEL 7

Reply by CAT-

badiguardLEVEL 2

Reply by badiguard

Intermission

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b59f4326

A DUET between JUDGE kryptosteel & myself

WolfieLEVEL 27

Reply by WolfieGOLD

flaggin....

8sirena8LEVEL 4

Reply by 8sirena8

SELECTED SONGS FOR THIS CONTEST WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS OUR JANUARY WINNERS ~ LIGHTWALKER AND 8SIRENA8 ( CONGRATULATIONS!) HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR SONG CHOICES FOR THIS FEBRUARY 1ST HALF.starsearch2009

im really confused...

8sirena8LEVEL 4

Reply by 8sirena8

WELCOME EVERYONE!!!

LOL!..MY TWO FAVORITE GIRLS!..TAKE A GUESS WHO IS IN THE MIDDLE THEY END UP KICKIN!badiguard

ohhhhhhhhhh thanks cookie ur so sweet

hugzzzzzzzzzz tepopz tig shane to everyoneeeeeeeeeeeee

janni----LEVEL 69

Reply by janni----GOLD

Flagging!

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Reply by tigress1167

SELECTED SONGS FOR THIS CONTEST WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS OUR JANUARY WINNERS ~ LIGHTWALKER AND 8SIRENA8 ( CONGRATULATIONS!) HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR SONG CHOICES FOR THIS FEBRUARY 1ST HALF.starsearch2009

im really confused...8sirena8

dont be confused, Poppy was thinking about you, isnt that sweet...we fixed the thread, sorry for the confusion

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Reply by tigress1167

WELCOME EVERYONE!!!

they are love taps.....cause we love you so much Shane,

Poppy

Reply by PoppyGOLD

4 SONGS OR MORE IN 4 DAYS New Recordings Only - forum/topic/c11e5ce6

WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!..i WAS INTENDING TO FLIRT AROUND USING STARSEARCH2009..DANG!..NOW I CAN'T DENY MYSELF SEEING MAMMASAN PLACED MY PIC THERE AS WELL..OHHH FOOEYYYYY!!!badiguard

BUT LOOK AT IT THIS WAY SHANE, THEY WOULDN'T KNOW WHO WAS FLIRTING... YOU, COOKIE, TIG OR ME!!! WOOHOOO!

Poppy

Reply by PoppyGOLD

Poppy

Reply by PoppyGOLD

Poppy

Reply by PoppyGOLD

HOPE YOU DON'T MIND THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. OUR CONTEST HASN'T STARTED YET SO HERE'S THE LATEST ON OUR "MY FUNNY VALENTINE" CHALLENGE. THERE'S STILL A LOT OF TIME TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE!

WHEN WE START FEBRUARY 1, YOU WON'T SEE ANY OTHER CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENTS HERE. THANKS!

Poppy

Reply by PoppyGOLD

PLEASE DO NOT "QUOTE" OR FORWARD, THANKS. XX POPPY

LISTEN TO OUR CURRENT CHALLENGERS & GUESTS:
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/profile/featuredon/ba1868f4

ENTER THE CONTEST NOW!!! CLICK HERE AND SING A DUET
WITH ROMANCECLUB AS YOUR MUSIC BACKUP!

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/profile/recordings/ba1868f4

FOR MORE INFORMATION....
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/member/romanceclub

PLEASE DO NOT "QUOTE" OR FORWARD, THANKS. XX POPPY

Poppy

Reply by PoppyGOLD

amboyLEVEL 12

Reply by amboy

amboyLEVEL 12

Reply by amboy

am confused regharding this..... after i sing, which link should i copy and where to submit??? pls shane help me

CAT-LEVEL 7

Edited reply by CAT-

HIYA AMBOY!
AFTER YOU SING THE REQUIRED SONG FOR THE GUYS:

"Oh What A Thrill" by: The Mavericks

COME BACK HERE TO POST IT...THE LINK YOU WILL USE IS THE "LINK" NEXT TO YOUR PLAYER....DO NOT USE THE "EMBEDED" CODE LIKE YOU JUST DID..USE THE ONE THAT SAYS "LINK"

REMEMBER THE CONTEST DOSENT START TILL FEBUARY 1st....SUNDAY....SO YOU STILL HAVE A COUPLE DAYS TO LEARN IT..IF YOU DONT KNOW IT ALREADY...AND THEN POST IT:-)

I HOPE THIS HELPED AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ENTRY......:-)

Poppy

Reply by PoppyGOLD

amboyLEVEL 12

Reply by amboy

amboyLEVEL 12

Reply by amboy

tigress1167LEVEL 1

Reply by tigress1167

HOPE YOU DON'T MIND THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. OUR CONTEST HASN'T STARTED YET SO HERE'S THE LATEST ON OUR "MY FUNNY VALENTINE" CHALLENGE. THERE'S STILL A LOT OF TIME TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE!

WHEN WE START FEBRUARY 1, YOU WON'T SEE ANY OTHER CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENTS HERE. THANKS!Poppy

amboyLEVEL 12

Reply by amboy

this is my entry for this round

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b2c72bea

Next >>