Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind

This topic is listed in Beliefs - Archive.
It has been viewed 1,367 times and 37 replies have been made.

Darlingrose44

Edited post by Darlingrose44

Paul's conscience was "retrained" by the Holy Spirit. It was possible for God to retrain Paul's conscience and to use Paul as a special Apostle because he had never "seared it (his conscience) as with a hot iron." (I Timothy 4:2). Had Paul repeatedly violated his conscience at any time in his life it might have become "seared" and made him useless for further use by God.

In Romans 13:5 Paul said that the conscience must not be violated, that some things must be done for conscience sake. The conscience trained by the Holy Spirit will help the Christian to walk on the right path. So Paul admonished the Roman Christians not to violate and "sear" anyone's conscience, but to let every conscience be trained by the Spirit. Then the Christian was enabled to follow the Holy Spirit's lead without doubting. Isn't that something of what Paul meant when he said in Romans 14:5, "Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind."

http://www.faithhopelove.net/Romans%20Chap%2014.htm

rojerio

Reply by rojerioGOLD

Paul's conscience was "retrained" by the Holy Spirit. It was possible for God to retrain Paul's conscience and to use Paul as a special Apostle because he had never "seared it (his conscience) as with a hot iron." (I Timothy 4:2). Had Paul repeatedly violated his conscience at any time in his life it might have become "seared" and made him useless for further use by God.

In Romans 13:5 Paul said that the conscience must not be violated, that some things must be done for conscience sake. The conscience trained by the Holy Spirit will help the Christian to walk on the right path. So Paul admonished the Roman Christians not to violate and "sear" anyone's conscience, but to let every conscience be trained by the Spirit. Then the Christian was enabled to follow the Holy Spirit's lead without doubting. Isn't that something of what Paul meant when he said in Romans 14:5, "Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind."
Darlingrose44

...whadda a bunch of "bull scat!"

blaza

Reply by blazaPATRON

Be nice Roj and come watch the movie.

rojerio

Reply by rojerioGOLD

Be nice Roj and come watch the movie. blaza

I shall be nice.

blaza

Reply by blazaPATRON

"(1) Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. (2) One man has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. (3) Let not him who eats regard with contempt him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him.

(4) Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand." Romans 14:1-4.

-Amers-

Reply by -Amers-GOLD

"(1) Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. (2) One man has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. (3) Let not him who eats regard with contempt him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him.

(4) Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand." Romans 14:1-4.blaza

Nice selection Larry

blaza

Reply by blazaPATRON

:o) Thank you Ami. I was just reading the link that Rose posted and thought it appropriate to open it up a little.

T-T-M

Reply by T-T-M

Darlingrose44

...whadda a bunch of "bull scat!" rojerio

Paco is showing his true light here = Gore Vidal,Aristophanes, Voltaire, H.L. Menken among other reknown writers have used satire whose very purpose as you may well know, is to offend, provoke annoy and used as a tool to expose religious nonsense and hypocrisy.......

criss_cross

Reply by criss_cross

Darlingrose44

Paco is showing his true light here = Gore Vidal,Aristophanes, Voltaire, H.L. Menken among other reknown writers have used satire whose very purpose as you may well know, is to offend, provoke annoy and used as a tool to expose religious nonsense and hypocrisy.......T-T-M

If that is true, it seems to me that if there were not things to expose people would not be so offended, provoked and annoyed

T-T-M

Reply by T-T-M

Darlingrose44

Paco is showing his true light here = Gore Vidal,Aristophanes, Voltaire, H.L. Menken among other reknown writers have used satire whose very purpose as you may well know, is to offend, provoke annoy and used as a tool to expose religious nonsense and hypocrisy.......T-T-M

If that is true, it seems to me that if there were not things to expose people would not be so offended, provoked and annoyedcriss_cross

lol,..whooosh,..way over your head.it seems.

criss_cross

Reply by criss_cross

You are not that hard to undertand TTM

T-T-M

Edited reply by T-T-M

You are not that hard to undertand TTMcriss_cross

I am easy to " undertand ",..if you can " twype ploperly " dude boy

criss_cross

Reply by criss_cross

I am easy to " undertand ",..if you can " twype ploperly " dude boy T-T-M
Is insulting my typing all you have left now?

T-T-M

Reply by T-T-M

Is insulting my typing all you have left now?criss_cross

No,.I have shown up your so called intelligence too,..your ancestors were fish....need I go any further ?
do you fancy a juicy worm for breakfast ?

rojerio

Reply by rojerioGOLD

No,.I have shown up your so called intelligence too,..your ancestors were fish....need I go any further ?
do you fancy a juicy worm for breakfast ?T-T-M

Fish is the symbol for christians.....I think.
Question: Why did the X-ian moron swim on his back?
Answer: So that the X-ian Fish could not get his worm!
}:->

sabathiel

Reply by sabathielGOLD

Someone's ancestors were incestuous because they were bonking their own daughters, sons, sisters and brothers. That ain't no better than having ancestors as fish. I like fish but not so keen about incestuous ancestors who shag their own close members of their family just to populate the planet.

sabathiel

Reply by sabathielGOLD

Bonky bonky bonky......LOL

rojerio

Edited reply by rojerioGOLD

Bonky bonky bonky......LOLsabathiel

Oh lord! }:-DDDDDDDDDDDDD

.....and then they cometh....thus sayeth the lord!

T-T-M

Edited reply by T-T-M

Are there any Christians on this thread ,..recently ?
well,..within the last 8 mins

rojerio

Reply by rojerioGOLD

Someone's ancestors were incestuous because they were bonking their own daughters, sons, sisters and brothers. That ain't no better than having ancestors as fish. I like fish but not so keen about incestuous ancestors who shag their own close members of their family just to populate the planet.sabathiel

I gotta laugh again, Sabat......Bonking! Oh lord.
}:-DDDDDDDDD......TITIMAN has to admit there sure was a lot of "bonking" going on there at the Garden... a family who 'bonks" together lives together

rojerio

Reply by rojerioGOLD

well,..within the last 8 mins T-T-M

When the Ship of Christianity begans to sink, the the rats scoot to Noah's ark. (;-/|

T-T-M

Reply by T-T-M

When the Ship of Christianity begans to sink, the the rats scoot to Noah's ark. (;-/|rojerio

Never a truer word was said Paco

criss_cross

Reply by criss_cross

Please go further. When you go down, I would prefer it be in flames.

sabathiel

Reply by sabathielGOLD

Nope! Just a JW and we all know people with those kind of beliefs are not Christians especially if they condone incest in the name of populating the earth. Anyone who feels a sexual attraction towards close members of their family and worse, acting upon that sexual attraction are just sickos. They are not my ancestors! They are in the same rank as people who think little kiddies are sexually attractive and lust on them.

T-T-M

Reply by T-T-M

Please go further. When you go down, I would prefer it be in flames.criss_cross

lol,..I bet you would prefer I go down in flames

T-T-M

Reply by T-T-M

Nope! Just a JW and we all know people with those kind of beliefs are not Christians especially if they condone incest in the name of populating the earth. Anyone who feels a sexual attraction towards close members of their family and worse, acting upon that sexual attraction are just sickos. They are not my ancestors! They are in the same rank as people who think little kiddies are sexually attractive and lust on them. sabathiel

lol,..and you have the Patent on the truth of how mankind expanded ?
thats rich coming from a person who believes that there were " primitive " men / women living outside the Garden of Eden at the same time Adam and Eve were living inside the Garden of Eden and who also believes in Erich Von Daniken's Chariots of Fire,.I bet you believe that there was a man on the Moon before there was a man on the Moon ?

T-T-M

Reply by T-T-M

Waiting on the church of sab twisting the scriptures to reflect his belief lol

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Bengals won legooo and thanksgiving soon!!

Waiting on the church of sab twisting the scriptures to reflect his belief lolT-T-M

You are wearing a dress Ok than... LoL..

blaza

Reply by blazaPATRON

*snickers* :O)

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

Brain________________________________________Coffee_/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\_!

Waiting on the church of sab twisting the scriptures to reflect his belief lolT-T-M

You are wearing a dress Ok than... LoL..socomicefox

It is a Kilt, Chuck.

"The kilt is a knee-length garment with pleats at the rear, originating in the traditional dress of men and boys in the Scottish Highlands of the 16th century. Since the 19th century it has become associated with the wider culture of Scotland in general, or with Celtic (and more specifically Gaelic) heritage even more broadly. It is most often made of woollen cloth in a tartan pattern."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilt

rojerio

Reply by rojerioGOLD

You are wearing a dress Ok than... LoL..socomicefox

It is a Kilt, Chuck.

"The kilt is a knee-length garment with pleats at the rear, originating in the traditional dress of men and boys in the Scottish Highlands of the 16th century. Since the 19th century it has become associated with the wider culture of Scotland in general, or with Celtic (and more specifically Gaelic) heritage even more broadly. It is most often made of woollen cloth in a tartan pattern."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KiltShanda

...don't let them kilt....kid you Chuck. It's a dress.
(;-D

sabathiel

Reply by sabathielGOLD

Nope! Just a JW and we all know people with those kind of beliefs are not Christians especially if they condone incest in the name of populating the earth. Anyone who feels a sexual attraction towards close members of their family and worse, acting upon that sexual attraction are just sickos. They are not my ancestors! They are in the same rank as people who think little kiddies are sexually attractive and lust on them. sabathiel

lol,..and you have the Patent on the truth of how mankind expanded ?
thats rich coming from a person who believes that there were " primitive " men / women living outside the Garden of Eden at the same time Adam and Eve were living inside the Garden of Eden and who also believes in Erich Von Daniken's Chariots of Fire,.I bet you believe that there was a man on the Moon before there was a man on the Moon ?T-T-M

LOL there is no one who twists scripture more than you or anyone who shares Charles Taze Russell's beliefs called the JWs. You have been proven to be twisting scriptures to accommodate and sustain your beliefs even when Scriptures CLEARLY and UNEQUIVOCALLY CONTRADICTS your beliefs. For example the Bible in John 1:3 and Colossians 1:15 states beyond any doubt that the Son (Jesus) created all things and hence He is God Almighty. But you keep saying that arsehole of a dad Jehovah who sacrificed His only Son so mankind can adore how much he loved them so that mankind will worship him is the creator of all things.

I have shown you that there are 2 accounts of creation. One is the creation of mankind outside the Garden which is implied through evolution. The other is a separate creation IN THE GARDEN (a specific area somewhere in the middle east) of 2 chosen persons called Adam and Eve. Only an idiot would deny SCIENCE. Whenever science is in conflict with religious beliefs in history science has emerged triumphant every time. It is just a matter of time before this fairy tale mumbo jumbo nonsense mankind came from 2 incestuous couples will be placed in the dustbin of history. With that Christianity may come to an end as well due to the irrational stubborn beliefs of its people. Interesting enough the Jews do not interpret creation in Genesis the way fundamentalist Christians do. The Jews have little problem accepting evolution side by side with account in Genesis. Genesis is a Jewish book. I think they know what it says and means more than any Christian. LOL

sabathiel

Edited reply by sabathielGOLD

Judaism and Evolution:

Judaism has a continuum of views about creation, the origin of life and the role of evolution in the formation of species. The major Jewish denominations, including many Orthodox Jewish groups, accept evolutionary creation or theistic evolution. Many Conservative Rabbis follow theistic evolution, although Conservative Judaism does not have an official view on the subject. Conservative Judaism however, does generally embrace science and therefore finds it a "challenge to traditional Jewish theology."(102) Reform Judaism does not take the Torah as a literal text, but rather as a symbolic or open-ended work. For Orthodox Jews who seek to reconcile discrepancies between science and the Bible, the notion that science and the Bible should even be reconciled through traditional scientific means is questioned. To these groups, science is as true as the Torah and if there seems to be a problem, our own epistemological limits are to blame for any apparent irreconcilable point. They point to various discrepancies between what is expected and what actually is to demonstrate that things are not always as they appear. They point out the fact that the even root word for "world" in the Hebrew language — (Olam) — means hidden — (Neh-Eh-Lahm). Just as they believe God created man and trees and the light on its way from the stars in their adult state, so too can they believe that the world was created in its "adult" state, with the understanding that there are, and can be, no physical ways to verify it. This belief has been advanced by Rabbi Dr. Dovid Gottlieb, former philosophy professor at Johns Hopkins University. Also, relatively old Kabbalistic sources from well before the scientifically apparent age of the universe was first determined are in close concord with modern scientific estimates of the age of the universe, according to Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan, and based on Sefer Temunah, an early kabbalistic work attributed to the 1st century Tanna Nehunya ben ha-Kanah. Many kabbalists accepted the teachings of the Sefer Temunah, including the Ramban, his close student Yitzhak of Akko, and the RADBAZ. Other interesting parallels are derived, among other sources, from Nachmanides, who expounds that there was a Neanderthal-like species with which Adam mated (he did this long before Neanderthals had even been discovered scientifically).(103)(104)(105)(106)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationism

Footnote sources:

102. ^ Judaism and Evolution, Jewish Virtual Library
103 ^ Aviezer, Nathan. In the Beginning: Biblical Creation and Science. Ktav, 1990. Hardcover. ISBN 0-88125-328-6
104. ^ Carmell, Aryeh and Domb, Cyril, eds. Challenge: Torah Views on Science New York: Association of Orthodox Jewish Scientists/Feldheim Publishers, 1976. ISBN 0-87306-174-8
105. ^ Schroeder, Gerald L. The Science of God: The Convergence of Scientific and Biblical Wisdom Broadway Books, 1998, ISBN 0-7679-0303-X
106. ^ Jeffrey H. Tigay, Genesis, Science, and "Scientific Creationism", Conservative Judaism, Vol. 40(2), Winter 1987/1988, p.20-27, The Rabbinical Assembly

Who is the idiots now? Jews? Atheists? Or creationist Christians who believe incest is OK to populate the earth? Sick!

sabathiel

Reply by sabathielGOLD

LOL

sabathiel

Yeah they twisted Scripture when they said the four corners of the earth was not meant to be taken literally. LOL You still believe the earth is bloody flat? Or the sun orbits around the earth as stated in Joshua? Or the earth is the center of the universe. I can go on and on where Christians have been proven to be wrong from time to time in history and had to adapt to new scientific discoveries. Science never has to adapt to religion! Science is verified and tested facts. Religion is based mainly on mythologised history and many Christians simply believe in outright superstition, myths and fairy tales! An all powerful God needed 6 times 24 hours days to magically create the world and then rested when all He has to do is say "Let there be"? LOL

Not to mention he HAD to sacrifice his only Son to forgive mankind's sins. Either he is not all powerful or he is not an all good god. Anyone who sacrifices their only son in a horrible and gruesome torturous long and slow death simply to spare mankind from painlessly ceasing to exist is some brutal misogynistic sadistic megalomaniac sick monster that doesn't deserve worship.

sabathiel

Please go further. When you go down, I would prefer it be in flames.criss_cross

lol,..I bet you would prefer I go down in flames T-T-M

"Burning burning. I got a fever. I know for sure. There ain't no cure. So feel it don't fight it. Go with the flow. Gimme gimme gimme one more for the road yeah. What do you want? (What do you want?) I WANT ROCK 'N ROLL. You betcha!"

sabathiel

Reply by sabathielGOLD

... who also believes in Erich Von Daniken's Chariots of Fire,.I bet you believe that there was a man on the Moon before there was a man on the Moon ?T-T-M

By the way there are major and credible religions like the Church of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) who believe in life in other planets and that the Lord God resides on another planet in another galaxy who from time to time visits our planet. There are many recently new religions who believe in extra-terrestrial life on another planet who started life on earth such as Scientology and Raelian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raelian

You think humans on earth are the only intelligent life on earth? The Bible seem to imply otherwise! LOL If you believe in a literal chariots of fire such as burning chariot with horses ascending to outer space with Elijah in it then more power to you! LOL But that is irrational superstitious mumbo jumbo BS!

T-T-M

Edited reply by T-T-M

... who also believes in Erich Von Daniken's Chariots of Fire,.I bet you believe that there was a man on the Moon before there was a man on the Moon ?T-T-M

By the way there are major and credible religions like the Church of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) who believe in life in other planets and that the Lord God resides on another planet in another galaxy who from time to time visits our planet. There are many recently new religions who believe in extra-terrestrial life on another planet who started life on earth such as Scientology and Raelian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raelian

You think humans on earth are the only intelligent life on earth? The Bible seem to imply otherwise! LOL If you believe in a literal chariots of fire such as burning chariot with horses ascending to outer space with Elijah in it then more power to you! LOL But that is irrational superstitious mumbo jumbo BS!sabathiel

and if you believe in a literal Erich Von Daniken's Chariots of Fire and you also believe in a literal Hell where God allows you to be burned by fire for a while or forever then more power to you,....................or preferably less power to you and Erich Von Daniken's superstitious mumbo jumbo BS!