0-10? And what to improve.

This topic is listed in Singing & Songwriting Tips. It has been viewed 390 times and 10 replies have been made.

ylletrojanLEVEL 6

Edited post by ylletrojan

M22. Can't read notes, don't know how to breathe properly, have no clue about techniques whatsoever, I work on the road where I'm most of the time alone 40 hours a week so I sing in my lorry.
Singing has been my passion my entire life and I recently decided that it's something I want to explore further. I've already contacted a singing coach and I'll start doing that this fall(they have no spots atm) and another step in the right direction is to write this post to maybe get some tips, or just some nice responses to boost my confidence in singing.
Haven't really had anyone evaluate me before so here it goes, recorded on my phone.
https://soundcloud.com/user-556181116/singing-daniel-merriweather-cigarettes
What I feel personally is my falsetto needs work. I need to work on power to hit those really high notes. At the moment I have to resort to falsetto sometimes to be able to reach those higher notes when artists go full throttle. I have no idea how to use chest or head voice to my advantage I just go by ear and try to hit the notes like the artist in the song is doing. I don't even know if I'm in tune, I literally have no idea wether I'm good or not I just do it cause I like it.

_Cathy_LEVEL 90

Reply by _Cathy_

Welcome to Singsnap, let's here you record one on here

ylletrojanLEVEL 6

Reply by ylletrojan

Is recording on here a requirement to recieve feedback on my singing? New here so I don't know how things go down.

IanHarrod

Reply by IanHarrod

You'll find out about all the unwritten rules here. Lol one of which is not that you must record it here

IanHarrod

Reply by IanHarrod

You sound awesome dude. In your case i can only suggest to keep singing. The more you do it the better it will get. You have a lot of vocal freedom already. Its all about serving the song now.

ZZ-EdLEVEL 67

Reply by ZZ-EdGOLD

Recording here will allow you to hear what you would sound like with a proper music track and background (same thing).

Your voice is unique and very pleasing.

While you are waiting for your voice coach....the best thing you can do is sing.

Sing here. Sing often. Listen. Sing some more. Listen. Sing something else. Listen some more.

Your vocal chords are controlled by muscles. Use them. Exercise them. (But don't ABUSE them) Things will only get better.

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD

Is recording on here a requirement to recieve feedback on my singing? New here so I don't know how things go down.ylletrojan

Yes. It is a requirement. I dont have a clue about singing tips, cause I'm a comedian, (and a bad one at that) But I do know, you wont get any feed back on your recordings if they aren't recorded cause how would anyone hear them? Hahahahahaha!

ylletrojanLEVEL 6

Reply by ylletrojan

^ I was referring to recording on this website as opposed to uploading a soundfile to soundcloud which I have done in my original post

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD

My Bad

Danas36LEVEL 29

Reply by Danas36

You can sing. Singing coach is the way to go. Singyourstyle.com is good but you can also just take free lessons in YouTube. I took lessons and was exposed to singing I front of crowds. Once you do this you just keep going from there. A lot of people can sing but it's a matter of confidence. If you are nervous it's harder to breath. If you are over thinking singing its not coming from the heart but to learn how to use your voice it takes some thinking and a lot of practice. I personally feel like I haven't yet hit where I want to be but I know I'm getting close. Just keep singing and listening to your vocals to hear what you can improve.

Danas36LEVEL 29

Reply by Danas36

Sorry for typos. I should read my stuff before posting. Lol