What's the deal?

This topic is listed in Off Topic. It has been viewed 4,834 times and 304 replies have been made.

Next >>
rokin1LEVEL 46

Post by rokin1

In the US it seems cops against minority or minority against cops or who the heck is the minority?
OMG a serious post from me...shucks.
Looks like this thing ain't going away .sad.

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 83

Reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD

Merry Christmas!

Good cops, bad cops, good Doctors, bad Doctors, good Nurses, bad Nurses, good Preachers, bad Preachers, good Government, bad Government, good Parent, bad Parents and should I go on?

We as a community can be better than that, we can share love, yeah???

Sum_Southern_SugarLEVEL 24

Reply by Sum_Southern_Sugar

exactly rhonda. there are jerk shoe salesmen, doctors and air traffic controllers. doesn't mean u have to go on a shooting spree.

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 83

Reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD

Merry Christmas!

Did not have to! lol!

maybirdLEVEL 43

Reply by maybird

All that has been said above is true...along with the fact that a gun in itself is no danger..until it is put into the hands of someone prepared to use it . Take either one outta the equation and we would have a safer world

NazzoLEVEL 99

Reply by NazzoGOLD

Those who put the term 'Canned Laughter' into unsuspecting heads, have a hell of a lot to answer for

There are two minorities. One is CNN the other Fox News and they fight like crazy on a daily basis.

As such there will never be peace over there, because both sides refuse to listen to the other.

It's that simple.

ImaChristian2

Edited reply by ImaChristian2 +2

All that has been said above is true...along with the fact that a gun in itself is no danger..until it is put into the hands of someone prepared to use it . Take either one outta the equation and we would have a safer worldmaybird

People were killing, one another long before the gun was invented.

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2 +2

Well, we know the outcome of this. Criminals prefer their victim's be unarmed. The second amendment was not written so we could go deer hunting. LOL

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2 +2

I should add My Dad was a police officer and why people don't obey an officer who is telling them to stop and drop is beyond me. Even if your innocent its the safest thing for everyone. Well not so much. Yea I'm way outta my league here . I have nothing to say that would be of any use. My Bad See you all. LOL This is one subject I will back away from every time.

maybirdLEVEL 43

Reply by maybird

All that has been said above is true...along with the fact that a gun in itself is no danger..until it is put into the hands of someone prepared to use it . Take either one outta the equation and we would have a safer worldmaybird

People were killing, one another long before the gun was invented.ImaChristian2

That's is true..but it was said in context about what happened in Dallad

Madleine

Edited reply by MadleineGOLD

In the US it seems cops against minority or minority against cops or who the heck is the minority?
OMG a serious post from me...shucks.
Looks like this thing ain't going away .sad.rokin1

Well, is it new ? No. Since i was in school , i heard over and over again about these kind of happenings in the USA.
Raping, murderer aso.....
It is the worse side of the USA.
But what happened these days to the black people is not only a shame but a real cruel horror.
The dimension of racism is incredible. It was a question of time , when the black people are defending theirselfs.
Yesterday, we saw a video in the TV stations of a black woman in her car, she was streaming it into the internet, meanwhile a cop was holding a gun into her car, while her husband was lying near dead , full with blood on the seat next to her. She was completely terrified and her husband lost blood. The cop still hold his gun into the car. He wasnt inpressed that the man was seriously wounded. He died , later on .
This is shocking. No excuses. Just because of an traffic check. Just because the black man tried to pull out his drivers license out of his jacket. The seemed to be highly out of control, being afraid that the man may would get his gun instead of the drivers license.
What else must happen that the US forbid weapons for the citizens ?
How many people must die ?

M.

I also watched a video yesterday of a man dying in his car seat while his girlfriend kept her hands on the steering wheel and it was sickening and sad. But the video I saw started after the shooting took place so I dunno what prompted that action, if anything. I'm not defending one side or the other, just saying that all the story isn't known, at least to me.

sabathielLEVEL 41

Reply by sabathiel

Yes that was the video but the video makes the officer look like a paranoid nerd who should not join the police force at the first place because he can't handle the pressure and got scared way too early. Why did I say that? Because the person who was keeping the atmosphere calm was the girl when the officer was not even remotely trying to calm the situation. The girlfriend of the person shot dead must be given credit the way she was trying to diffuse the situation especially when her little kid was at the back of the car. Normally it is the woman who gets hysterical but in this case it was the male office who was bordering hysterical. The male officer is probably a nerd who thinks all black guys are tough gangsters and became paranoid when the guy said he had a license to carry firearms and then the male office shot him 5.....not one, not twice, not thrice but five times when the guy slowly proceeded to take out his wallet intending to show his firearm license. Here is the video you judge for yourself if nerds are allowed to join the police force: *Content removed*

well, yes, that's the video i saw and it looks pretty bad i must say. but no, it does not show the shooting itself.

was there any legitimate reason at all for the cop to fire his weapon? maybe there was. maybe there wasn't. i can't tell from that video.

socomicefoxLEVEL 62

Edited reply by socomicefox

[quote=sabathiel]Yes that was the video but the video makes the officer look like a paranoid nerd who should not join the police force at the first place because he can't handle the pressure and got scared way too early. Why did I say that? Because the person who was keeping the atmosphere calm was the girl when the officer was not even remotely trying to calm the situation. The girlfriend of the person shot dead must be given credit the way she was trying to diffuse the situation especially when her little kid was at the back of the car. Normally it is the woman who gets hysterical but in this case it was the male office who was bordering hysterical. The male officer is probably a nerd who thinks all black guys are tough gangsters and became paranoid when the guy said he had a license to carry firearms and then the male office shot him 5.....not one, not twice, not thrice but five times when the guy slowly proceeded to take out his wallet intending to show his firearm license. Here is the video you judge for yourself if nerds are allowed to join the police force:

Why would you post this garbage man.

Edited reply by Sum_Southern_Sugar

i guess then why would you repost it? right?

socomicefoxLEVEL 62

Reply by socomicefox

What that cop in the video should have done is well you kno he have license to carry soooo ask him like they did the girl to step out the car with hands up and then the cop should have search him and check his license and all that.

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 83

Reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD

Merry Christmas!

I was not laughing at the shootings up there, I was laughing at myself for my listing all those professions and I'm sorry!

NovellaLEVEL 110

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +18 +36

It's beginning to look a lot like Snapkus!

I have removed that video. Please do not re-post it. It makes me uncomfortable to even leave this thread but I will as long as everyone remains respectful.

Edited reply by Sum_Southern_Sugar

okay. i think that's all right cuz i must admit it's a pretty awful video. it does reflect what's really happening, but in maybe too graphic a way for many.

but i feel that deleting this entire thread would be a mistake. u'd be wandering into the area of thought police there.

and i think it has been respectful so far

SoloSongstressLEVEL 102

Reply by SoloSongstressGOLD

I should add My Dad was a police officer and why people don't obey an officer who is telling them to stop and drop is beyond me. Even if your innocent its the safest thing for everyone. Well not so much. Yea I'm way outta my league here . I have nothing to say that would be of any use. My Bad See you all. LOL This is one subject I will back away from every time.ImaChristian2

If you're black in America, even if you are following the instructions of the police officer, you could be gunned down.

SoloSongstressLEVEL 102

Edited reply by SoloSongstressGOLD

I have removed that video. Please do not re-post it. It makes me uncomfortable to even leave this thread but I will as long as everyone remains respectful.Novella

Yes, it is very uncomfortable to see murder taking place right before your eyes. It was uncomfortable for me, and in fact both recent videos made me burst into tears. I'm glad that the discussion remains.

SoloSongstressLEVEL 102

well, yes, that's the video i saw and it looks pretty bad i must say. but no, it does not show the shooting itself.Sum_Southern_Sugar

What the video shows is the girlfriend relatively calmly relating what happened just prior to her beginning to film, while the police officer continued to freak out over what he'd just done. He murdered a man for no reason. And now he gets to be on paid administrative leave, even though we've all seen the aftermath of what he did.

Madleine

Reply by MadleineGOLD

I should add My Dad was a police officer and why people don't obey .................ImaChristian2

And this should tell us what ?
Nothing !
Your white dad can be the king of the hill. No one cares.
But i do care if black people are treated like garbage.

SoloSongstressLEVEL 102

I also have relatives in law enforcement. My uncle was Deputy Chief before he recently retired. My brother is a Captain. I have other relatives on the police force. So yesterday when I read that police officers were murdered during a peaceful demonstration, that was another moment where I burst into tears. I feel exhausted after crying all these days in a row. I feel emotionally drained. I feel fearful for my husband and brothers and nephews an cousins and countless others who could be pulled over for a routine traffic stop and end up dead. I am fearful for my brother and other relatives on the police force who could end up dead because someone only sees the uniform that they wear, and not what's in their hearts. I am sickened and heartbroken.

Perhaps the best thing I've seen written about this situation, Solo. Well said.

NazzoLEVEL 99

Edited reply by NazzoGOLD

Those who put the term 'Canned Laughter' into unsuspecting heads, have a hell of a lot to answer for

Best thing I heard about this was less than half an hour ago by a black lady contributor on a Fox News Panel who said, she was tired of The Democrats, in particular telling people with opposite views to theirs to look into their souls before they speak and formulate their opinions. She wen on to say (and correctly I might add) that they (Democrat Leaders) need to stop ad understand how their policies have created the situation we have today. The left bash the right the right bash the left but, till they listen to each other, nothing but nothing but nothing will change.

Then we have this guy

maybirdLEVEL 43

Reply by maybird

Best thing I heard about this was less than half an hour ago by a black lady contributor on a Fox News Panel who said, she was tired of The Democrats, in particular telling people with opposite views to theirs to look into their souls before they speak and formulate their opinions. She wen on to say (and correctly I might add) that they (Democrat Leaders) need to stop ad understand how their policies have created the situation we have today. The left bash the right the right bash the left but, till they listen to each other, nothing but nothing but nothing will change.

Then we have this guy

Nazzo

I think the nail has been hit on the head here.
Nations...governments....regimes throughout history are responsible for putting in place the conditions which have led to some of the aweful situations and injustices we are living with today. ..and no doubt history will show that the actions of our leaders today will lead henceforth to other as yet unforseen circumstances which will cause hardship and despair. In my view most people are in agreement about what a civilised society should be like...
To have adequate affordable (if not free as here in uk) health care available at point of need..for the elderly to be cared for..to be able to walk safely in our streets..all these things and more.
So why does this not happen.....
It comes down to three things in my mind...
Greed...money...and the need for power..
Things will only change when those who are elected to represent us realise it is they who serve US....not the other way around...and that we are listened to...and that promises made are delivered upon

NovellaLEVEL 110

Political discussions about governments, parties, etc., are not allowed on SingSnap. If that line of dialogue continues, I will have to remove the thread

WhIle I understand some may consider them closely algined, you'll have to save that line of thought for another website.

Discussion of recent news events is fine and thus far has been reasonably civil. Thank you for that.

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

I have removed that video. Please do not re-post it. It makes me uncomfortable to even leave this thread but I will as long as everyone remains respectful.Novella

Shannon ..I posted this thread just to see if anyone had any good ideas on how to bring folks together..if we get quarrels and what not then I totally would support your decision to delete.
You know I meant no harm..

NovellaLEVEL 110

I do! So far it's been fine. I just don't want it to get political. xo

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

Perhaps the best thing I've seen written about this situation, Solo. Well said.Sum_Southern_Sugar

Holding my breath waiting for your next post .
I have developed a great deal of respect for you and truly admire your whit as well as your knowlege..
Furthermore there are 2 here that I truly hoped would post .the other was my friend Sue aka maybird whom I am very fond of.:)

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

There are two minorities. One is CNN the other Fox News and they fight like crazy on a daily basis.

As such there will never be peace over there, because both sides refuse to listen to the other.

It's that simple.Nazzo

Do you believe the media stirs tensions up in order to draw ratings?

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

Yes that was the video but the video makes the officer look like a paranoid nerd who should not join the police force at the first place because he can't handle the pressure and got scared way too early. Why did I say that? Because the person who was keeping the atmosphere calm was the girl when the officer was not even remotely trying to calm the situation. The girlfriend of the person shot dead must be given credit the way she was trying to diffuse the situation especially when her little kid was at the back of the car. Normally it is the woman who gets hysterical but in this case it was the male office who was bordering hysterical. The male officer is probably a nerd who thinks all black guys are tough gangsters and became paranoid when the guy said he had a license to carry firearms and then the male office shot him 5.....not one, not twice, not thrice but five times when the guy slowly proceeded to take out his wallet intending to show his firearm license. Here is the video you judge for yourself if nerds are allowed to join the police force: *Content removed*sabathiel

Admit it, you miss me.
Cmere and give me a hug..

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

I do! So far it's been fine. I just don't want it to get political. xoNovella

I mean it...if it does you poof it

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

K so ...notice all these shooters are male...
Hum...maybe if get rid of them then...nm.:(

NazzoLEVEL 99

Edited reply by NazzoGOLD

Do you believe the media stirs tensions up in order to draw ratings?rokin1

No I think they're relatively fair compared with what we have in New Zealand.
In the main I believe the US media are generally genuinely true to their beliefs, which is why they hate each other lol I only wander off Fox & CNN to catch a good game of rugby, a doco or episodes of Family Guy & American Dad

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

Then we have this guy

Nazzo

I think the nail has been hit on the head here.
Nations...governments....regimes throughout history are responsible for putting in place the conditions which have led to some of the aweful situations and injustices we are living with today. ..and no doubt history will show that the actions of our leaders today will lead henceforth to other as yet unforseen circumstances which will cause hardship and despair. In my view most people are in agreement about what a civilised society should be like...
To have adequate affordable (if not free as here in uk) health care available at point of need..for the elderly to be cared for..to be able to walk safely in our streets..all these things and more.
So why does this not happen.....
It comes down to three things in my mind...
Greed...money...and the need for power..
Things will only change when those who are elected to represent us realise it is they who serve US....not the other way around...and that we are listened to...and that promises made are delivered uponmaybird

But suzie....isn't the only real corrective action to be taken to gain control is some kind of radical revolt at this point?

rokin1LEVEL 46

Edited reply by rokin1

It's that simple.Nazzo

Do you believe the media stirs tensions up in order to draw ratings?rokin1

No I think they're relatively fair compared with what we have in New Zealand.
In the main I believe the US media are generally genuinely true to their beliefs, which is why they hate each other lol I only wander off Fox & CNN to catch a good game of rugby, a doco or episodes of Family Guy & American Dad

Nazzo

Thanks for the post Naz...btw nothing personal when I called for the extermination of all men to stop this crap..except me of course cause someone has to stay behind to be able to see if it worked...
Plus I just want to see if all those women who said they wouldnt be with me if I was the last man on earth were telling the truth.

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

I also have relatives in law enforcement. My uncle was Deputy Chief before he recently retired. My brother is a Captain. I have other relatives on the police force. So yesterday when I read that police officers were murdered during a peaceful demonstration, that was another moment where I burst into tears. I feel exhausted after crying all these days in a row. I feel emotionally drained. I feel fearful for my husband and brothers and nephews an cousins and countless others who could be pulled over for a routine traffic stop and end up dead. I am fearful for my brother and other relatives on the police force who could end up dead because someone only sees the uniform that they wear, and not what's in their hearts. I am sickened and heartbroken.SoloSongstress

Praying with you for the safety of your loved ones..thank you for your post.

socomicefoxLEVEL 62

I should add My Dad was a police officer and why people don't obey .................ImaChristian2

Nothing !
But i do care if black people are treated like garbage.Madleine

How do you kno her dad is white? And you kno what ImaChristian2 is right. If a cop tells you to keep your hands up you do that if they tell you to get to the ground you do that. You dont make no moves because you do exactly as cop order you to do.

Now all we kno is the lady say in that video that the cop told them get their hand up and then he ask the man to get his wallet. The cop tho was yelling as the guy was sittin there dieing why did he have to reach for it so likely the cop knew this guy had a gun and license to carry.

Cops wear cams now and if it comes to be that cop asked him to reach for his license and then he killed that man while he was doing what he ask him to do then that pig should go to prison for murder.

But we dont kno all the story. I kno they found weed in the car thats one negative right there dont have weed in your car.

This happens all the time even to white ppl they dont talk bout it on the news but it happens lots cops shoot innocent ppl it just dont make the news. It dont only happen to african americans thats why when they say on news blacklivesmatter nahhh it should be all lives matter. Muslim. African American. White. Whatever all lives matter.

If that was me and cop told me get your hands up and dont move and then he ask me to go for my ID knowin that I have a license to carry I would say to the cop with respect sir for my safety I want you to search me.

Short and simple the girl say the cop asked him to go for his ID. Cop have a different story sayin he told the man not to reach for it. We dont kno the full story.

socomicefoxLEVEL 62

Reply by socomicefox

Now the sterling one... The cops laying on the guy on his left and right hand and then they shoot 5 shots into his chest yeaaa them pigs aint cops they are murderers and yea that was total bs right there. I dont care if the guy had a gun or not or what his record was police officers already have him on the ground on top on him where he cant move sooo yea them police officers 100% was wrong in what they did

Madleine

Reply by MadleineGOLD

Nothing !

How do you kno her dad is white? And you kno what ImaChristian2 is right. If a cop tells you to keep your hands up you do that if they tell you to get to the ground you do that. You dont make no moves because you do exactly as cop order you to do.

Now all we kno is the lady say in that video that the cop told them get their hand up and then he ask the man to get his wallet. The cop tho was yelling as the guy was sittin there dieing why did he have to reach for it so likely the cop knew this guy had a gun and license to carry.

Cops wear cams now and if it comes to be that cop asked him to reach for his license and then he killed that man while he was doing what he ask him to do then that pig should go to prison for murder.

But we dont kno all the story. I kno they found weed in the car thats one negative right there dont have weed in your car.

This happens all the time even to white ppl they dont talk bout it on the news but it happens lots cops shoot innocent ppl it just dont make the news. It dont only happen to african americans thats why when they say on news blacklivesmatter nahhh it should be all lives matter. Muslim. African American. White. Whatever all lives matter.

If that was me and cop told me get your hands up and dont move and then he ask me to go for my ID knowin that I have a license to carry I would say to the cop with respect sir for my safety I want you to search me.

Short and simple the girl say the cop asked him to go for his ID. Cop have a different story sayin he told the man not to reach for it. We dont kno the full story.socomicefox

Bla blah bla

socomicefoxLEVEL 62

Nothing !

Short and simple the girl say the cop asked him to go for his ID. Cop have a different story sayin he told the man not to reach for it. We dont kno the full story.socomicefox

Bla blah bla Madleine

Blocked If you cant reply to my post with not bein respect then I dont want you to reply to my post with negative sorry.

socomicefoxLEVEL 62

I respect cops. Like I say there is good cops and bad cops to me the bad cops is pigs so if ppl find that not respect I am sorry but that is always how I have looked at bad cops as. Yea bad cops is 100% pigs that give good cops a bad name.

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

Awe..I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on in the world with all this and I find those that can't sem to manage having a civil discussion on a snap thread..boggles the mind lol

socomicefoxLEVEL 62

Reply by socomicefox

Awe..I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on in the world with all this and I find those that can't sem to manage having a civil discussion on a snap thread..boggles the mind lolrokin1

On topic like this bro ppl have many opinions some them opinions ppl judge other ppl off of what do you expect?

NazzoLEVEL 99

Reply by NazzoGOLD

I'm struggling to keep up with this thread lol and the news on that horrible incident.

At first it was reported the cop made him pull over because of a broken rear lamp. Then today it was reported the cop said he was pulled over because he matched the description of a suspect who committed an armed burglary.

The world's never going to get on because there are lies everywhere and everyone want's it there way which in itself kind of means that globalisation is a failed experiment

Next >>