How is my singing voice?

This topic is listed in Singing & Songwriting Tips. It has been viewed 1,821 times and 14 replies have been made.

W772LEVEL 5

Edited post by W772

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some feedback on my singing voice. I've always been curious to know what type of voice I have and what people think about it. I also appreciate any constructive feedback. Thanks

_Cathy_LEVEL 90

Reply by _Cathy_

Welcome, try recording on Singsnap

AacchaLEVEL 30

Reply by Aaccha

Yep. I think you've got a voice worth getting lessons for. That is to say, you've got a good voice and maybe lessons will help you find out what you can do with it to make the most of it.

AsamiMizukiLEVEL 19

Reply by AsamiMizuki

i LOVE YOUR VOICE IT'S BEAUTIFUL! I WISH I HAD A VOICE LIKE YOURS!
My voice sucks its nothing like yours. If you don't mind me asking.... how old are you?

W772LEVEL 5

Edited reply by W772

^Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it a lot.

havingagoLEVEL 83

Reply by havingagoGOLD

I've only started practising so I'm not proficient enough to offer advice on singing technique. All I can say is how it sounds to me.

I think you have a great sounding voice. It captures emotion well and comes across as modern and cool. Style wise I can imagine it suiting modern pop, indie, R&B or soul music. It has all those natural qualities. But don't be afraid to experiment and go for whatever you like singing most.

I would be keen to hear some more of your recordings on Singsnap.

XLR8LEVEL 32

Reply by XLR8

Nice. I'd say the only thing that obstructs you from obtaining maximum tonal proficiency is the fact that your palatal resonance is disproportionate. Your sound is slightly on the nasal side, so it gives your tone a dominant nasally sound, which restricts clarity and overal richness. In order to rid yourself of the nasal sound, you must learn to navigate your soft palat and lift it so that it shuts off the main nasal resonators. Apart from that, your singing is nice.

TrilliianLEVEL 34

Reply by Trilliian

Agree with above. You have a sweet quality to your voice, which could be showcased effectively if you rid yourself of your slight nasal tendencies. Make sure to relax and work on creating space at the back of your throat when you sing. You have a tendency to strain into your upper register, so when reaching the higher notes you're actually potentially damaging your voice. Make sure to engage the belt of muscles around your lower-mid section and sitting/standing properly when you sing. This will create a solid foundation on which to use your support your breath and engage your diaphragm so you are singing safely. You'll notice an immediate change to your control once you engage these muscles and come out of your nose and connect to your whole body. Keep at it, nice stuff :)

CrittyCatLEVEL 25

Reply by CrittyCat

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bb93374a9

How's my singing ? I'd like some feedback please and if anyone would like to sponser me for Gold, I would really appreciate it

Breaker123LEVEL 31

Reply by Breaker123

I would appreciatte some feedback on my singing.Thank you.

AliceFayeNelsonLEVEL 65

Reply by AliceFayeNelson

Been a longg time on here.Miss singsnap!God Bless

i automatically thought of christian music ! you have that christian gospel sound! its fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cinderella80LEVEL 73

Reply by Cinderella80GOLD

I happen to like your sound, although it has a nasally quality to it. But that makes it your voice. Very warm tone to your voice. I liked it a lot. The only advice I'd give you is to relax a little...just let those notes flow. There are parts in this performance where I felt you were straining a bit, but overall, you're a great singer. Keep at it

socomicefoxLEVEL 80

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Voting full democrat on my ballot.

your a pro good job

luciemuleLEVEL 20

Reply by luciemule

I agree with what XLR8 says but you have a nice voice. I instantly thought your voice seems very suited to dance music type track, but that's not to say you're voice cannot be suited to other, more classical vocals. With some training and by using your diaphragm more effectively to support your breaths, your sound will become richer and rounder.

trueessenceLEVEL 68

Reply by trueessenceGOLD

I love your voice.!!!