Me and My Harmony Round 2

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed. It has been viewed 2,126 times and 174 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
TheBrimLEVEL 81

Edited reply by TheBrimGOLD

[img]http://i.imgur.com/YUzLUds.jpg[/img]

Welcome to Round Two of Me And My Harmony. Now that the easy part is done it time to bring on the harmony.

Round Two:
This is where things start to get a little tricky. We would like for you to sing the first layer of harmony over the lead track of your song for a total of Two layers for this round.

**** ATTENTION ****

We will be extending the deadline for round two until 8:PM SS time tomorrow.

We will start round 3 at the same time. 8:00 PM SS time.

Please note: Starting in this round we will close the round if everyone is in and start the next Round the morning following the last entry or at the end of the 3 days, whichever comes first.

When posting your entry please post the song title and link only.Please be sure to leave your original recording open so that we can use it for reference as needed.

Your Host and Judges
TheBrim
LivingInPa
BABYBLUE69
Tresses

Notice: Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control Bug needed to drop out, Our thoughts are with her.

Moving forward BABYBLUE69 will be joining the team as our 4th judge. Please give her a warm welcome.

Note: Singing in unison is not the same as Harmony.

Pre-recordings will be allowed in this round as long as that are time stamped after the beginning of round 1

Rules:

Absolutely NO DRAMA

No bold or colored text please.

Gender benders and duets are welcome so long as the original track does not have background singers.

All voices on your recordings must be yours and yours only.

All recordings must be time stamped after the the start of the first round.

Listening and commenting on others is not required only appreciated and you never know, you may pick up a few pointers and make new friends along the way.

Video is not required but welcome if you so choose.

Have Fun.

JUDGING CRITERIA:
Song choice
Recording quality, background noise
Creativity, make it your own
Timing
Use of your harmonies, placement of harmony and echo, repeat
Blending, mixing, use of mixer

Time for some FUN and make some SWEET HARMONY

Remember, Your lead vocal should always be heard over the harmony and be sure not to drown out the music. From here on out it’s all about timing and blending. The mixer is your best friend.

We want to be able to hear each layer of harmony clearly throughout the song from start to finish. This does not mean you should sing harmony word for word unless your song choice requires it.

Please feel free to drop by the Totally Harmony Plus page and check it out. You can post your harmony songs fo use to enjoy, listen to others and join in on the songs if you like. You can also post songs for us to do.

Totally Harmony Plus

Love to see y'all over there with your ideas and songs.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Artist - Contestants

1. Mark49 My Hero's Have Always Been Cowboys
2. CazMania You say
3. -CEZ- Songbird
4. SugarBabe4u Sound of Silence (jb)
5. AnnD3470 Tin Man
6. SHANDEBEL
7. GoldenMan For Emily Wherever I May Find Her
8. Tigerin78 Losing My Religion
9.Time_Passages I Believe in the Man in the Sky
10. JPick The Lion Sleeps Tonight
11. VitaminDee, Withdrawn (Unfortunately) We you hope you feel better soon.
12. VeeGee Bad Timing
13. bdialmedia Bridge Over Troubled Water
14. KaraokeKrackpot Crying
15. RubenG More than words
16. DidLeeSquat I see fire
17. Lily04 Wild Horses
18. dialyone Amazing Grace
19. PostivelyBobby

TheBrimLEVEL 81

**** ATTENTION ****

We will be extending the deadline for round two until 8:PM SS time tonight.(1-15-2020)

We will start round 3 at the same time. 8:00 PM SS time.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Well seeing how I just flipped out I think I'll go see what's on the feature page so I can get my morning sing out of the way LOL

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Reply by BABYBLUE69PATRON

Well seeing how I just flipped out I think I'll go see what's on the feature page so I can get my morning sing out of the way LOLTheBrim

Ok, see ya later Flipper!! LoL
Happy singing!!

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

Hey, I love flipper, that was one of my favorite TV shows when I was a little kid. I got kicked out of swimming lessons BC all I wanted to do was play like I was flipper. LOL I still swim like him to this day LMBO

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Hey, I love flipper, that was one of my favorite TV shows when I was a little kid. I got kicked out of swimming lessons BC all I wanted to do was play like I was flipper. LOL I still swim like him to this day LMBOTheBrim

Too funny!!

I loved that show too, but I swim like a rock!

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

King of the sea

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

Edited reply by VitaminDeePATRON +1

The only person you're destined to become is the person you decide to be / TN, USA meetup Aug 2020

In lei of quoting me & or responding, hit the LIB after you read

This serves two purposes, I don't hijack the thread with a personal issue
and my inbox isn't full of _______ quoted you

typing with one hand
z super exhausted

***********I won't be able to finish the contest***********

What I did yesterday and please learn from my mistake, is I was in a moving vehicle and I adjusted my seat. The seat moved forward instead of back & my finger got caught in the track and the seat was stuck on top of my finger.

My Uber driver pulled over and got my finger out by adjusting the seat I cried like a baby and went to the ER

In pain and exhausted going to rest all day today

In lei of quoting me & or responding, hit the LIB after you read Seeing the LIB is all the love and support i need.

This serves two purposes, I don't hijack the thread with a personal issue
and my inbox isn't full of _______ quoted you

LivingInPa

Edited reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Next time you come up this way Kev that river that runs threw where you go is called the Mon River, it's the only river in the world that the top current runs one way and the bottom current runs the other, I jumped into it off the Monesson bridge 60 feet, when I was about 25 almost drowned and trust me I will never try that again felt like I broke every bone in my body was like hitting cement, knocked the air right out of me

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Next time you come up this way Kev that river that runs threw where you go is called the Mon River, it's the only river in the world that the top current runs one way and the bottom current runs the other, I jumped into it off the Monesson bridge 60 feet, when I was about 25 almost drowned and trust me I will never try that again felt like I broke every bone in my body was like hitting cement, knocked the air right out of meLivingInPa

And now we know LOL I feel every dumb thing I did when I was a young man today and some of the not so dumb things I did LMBO

Tigerin78LEVEL 68

Reply by Tigerin78GOLD

Oh no, Dee. That sounds really painful. Hope it will heal quickly and they gave you some nice pain pills. Get well soon.

Big hugs
Katrin

LivingInPa

Edited reply by LivingInPaGOLD

[Good afternoon folks ...

LivingInPa

Reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Okay folks we got about 5 hours left in this round, still have three people out....

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Good afternoon everyone!
Had to listen one more time to everyone... yep, that makes 4 times listening to each song!
This contest is sooo close!!!
And again, I am so amazed at the talent in here!! Am loving hearing you all sing!
Ok, am off to turn my scores in shortly for those who have submitted entries up to this point.
Hope you all have a blessed day.

Tigerin78LEVEL 68

Edited reply by Tigerin78GOLD

Bedtime in Germany. Goodnight everybody. See you all tomorrow. Can't wait to hear your songs with another layer added. So excited to see what you will do next.

Poor judges .

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

Bedtime in Germany. Goodnight everybody. See you all tomorrow. Can't wait to hear your songs with another layer added. So excited to see what you will do next.

Poor judges .Tigerin78

You got that right young lady. They got some tough work ahead of them.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Countdown to the start of the next round.

TICK TOCK

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

And here we go

FOLLOW ME TO ROUND THREE

TheBrimLEVEL 81

**** ATTENTION ****

For thoses that were not able to get there songs posted before the start of round 3 you will have until 12 noon tomorrow (1-16-20) to get them in. They most be posted on this thread.

DO NOT POST RD 2 RECORDINGS ON THE RD 3 THREAD.

lily04LEVEL 77

Reply by lily04GOLD

JPickLEVEL 72

Reply by JPickGOLD

In lei of quoting meVitaminDee

I guess you mean "in lieu"? Have a nice rest

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

This round is Closed

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

SS staff please move to completed