Me and My Harmony Round 2

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed. It has been viewed 2,163 times and 174 replies have been made.

Next >>
TheBrimLEVEL 81

Edited post by TheBrimGOLD +1

[img]http://i.imgur.com/YUzLUds.jpg[/img]

Welcome to Round Two of Me And My Harmony. Now that the easy part is done it time to bring on the harmony.

Round Two:
This is where things start to get a little tricky. We would like for you to sing the first layer of harmony over the lead track of your song for a total of Two layers for this round.

This round ends at 8:00 AM SS time 1-15-20 (Wednesday morning) Round 3 will posted and began at the same time.

Please note: Starting in this round we will close the round if everyone is in and start the next Round the morning following the last entry or at the end of the 3 days, whichever comes first.

When posting your entry please post the song title and link only.Please be sure to leave your original recording open so that we can use it for reference as needed.

Your Host and Judges
TheBrim
LivingInPa
BABYBLUE69
Tresses

Notice: Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control Bug needed to drop out, Our thoughts are with her.

Moving forward BABYBLUE69 will be joining the team as our 4th judge. Please give her a warm welcome.

Note: Singing in unison is not the same as Harmony.

Pre-recordings will be allowed in this round as long as that are time stamped after the beginning of round 1

Rules:

Absolutely NO DRAMA

No bold or colored text please.

Gender benders and duets are welcome so long as the original track does not have background singers.

All voices on your recordings must be yours and yours only.

All recordings must be time stamped after the the start of the first round.

Listening and commenting on others is not required only appreciated and you never know, you may pick up a few pointers and make new friends along the way.

Video is not required but welcome if you so choose.

Have Fun.

JUDGING CRITERIA:
Song choice
Recording quality, background noise
Creativity, make it your own
Timing
Use of your harmonies, placement of harmony and echo, repeat
Blending, mixing, use of mixer

Time for some FUN and make some SWEET HARMONY

Remember, Your lead vocal should always be heard over the harmony and be sure not to drown out the music. From here on out it’s all about timing and blending. The mixer is your best friend.

We want to be able to hear each layer of harmony clearly throughout the song from start to finish. This does not mean you should sing harmony word for word unless your song choice requires it.

Please feel free to drop by the Totally Harmony Plus page and check it out. You can post your harmony songs fo use to enjoy, listen to others and join in on the songs if you like. You can also post songs for us to do.

Totally Harmony Plus

Love to see y'all over there with your ideas and songs.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Edited reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

Artist - Contestants

1. Mark49 My Hero's Have Always Been Cowboys
2. CazMania
3. -CEZ-
4. SugarBabe4u
5. AnnD3470 Tin Man
6. SHANDEBEL
7. GoldenMan For Emily Wherever I May Find Her
8. Tigerin78
9.Time_Passages
10. JPick
11. VitaminDee
12. VeeGee
13. bdialmedia
14. KaraokeKrackpot
15. RubenG
16. DidLeeSquat
17. Lilv04
18. dialyone
19. PostivelyBobby

TheBrimLEVEL 81

And here we go!

The time has come to make some sweet harmony.

TressesLEVEL 68

Reply by TressesGOLD

Beta...hmmmmmm, keep tryin'

Mornin' ...bring it peeps!!!

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Reply by BABYBLUE69PATRON

Good morning!
Can’t wait to meet everyone and hear their songs!

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

Good morning CJ and Welcome

Tigerin78LEVEL 68

Reply by Tigerin78GOLD

This will be fun. Can't wait to work on my song and also can't wait to listen to all these great singers doing some magic with their songs. Yay!

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

Well you guys are really bringing it for sure. Not making it easy for us.

Tigerin78LEVEL 68

Reply by Tigerin78GOLD

Well you guys are really bringing it for sure. Not making it easy for us.TheBrim

That's the plan .

Thanks for holding that fun contest.

CazManiaLEVEL 100

Reply by CazManiaGOLD +2

Here Flagging...

Sorry Bug had to leave but welcome Babyblue69!

Busy today so will get mine done tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

SugarBabe4uLEVEL 93

Reply by SugarBabe4uGOLD

Dreams are the hearts desire the most!!

Flagging!!
Welcome babyblue69:)

Prayers for Bug:)

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Attention: 10 bonus points to the first one to post their song for this round!

Just kidding, that's not the way we do things in this contest so bring your best and we'll do the rest.

Best of luck, Not for y'all BTW, that for us because you all are KILLING IT!!!

lily04LEVEL 77

Edited reply by lily04PATRON

Sorry to hear about Bug. Welcome CJ!

I've worked out how I want to end my song, now to nail down the rest lol

LivingInPa

Edited reply by LivingInPaGOLD

I'm thinking you other three judges should have to submit a song of your own to show us you can do what your asking everyone else to do...I'm excluded from this because I have amnesty cause I thought of it... Teresa since you'll be on a plane you can sing Silver Wings....lol... if you agree with me hit the LIB if we get 10 then they have to do it...lol

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

I'm thinking you other three judges should have to submit a song of your own to show us you can do what your asking everyone else to do...I'm excluded from this because I have amnesty cause I thought of it... Teresa since you'll be on a plane you can sing Silver Wings....lol... if you agree with me hit the LIB if we get 10 then they have to do it...lolLivingInPa

Your a funny guy, if we do you do LOL

Tigerin78LEVEL 68

Reply by Tigerin78GOLD

All of you judges should do this. Teach us!
Inspire us! Motivate us!

Good idea though!

LivingInPa

Reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Inspire us! Motivate us!

Good idea though!Tigerin78

I have amnesty...lol

Tigerin78LEVEL 68

Reply by Tigerin78GOLD

Inspire us! Motivate us!

Good idea though!Tigerin78

I have amnesty...lolLivingInPa

No, you don't

LivingInPa

Reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Okay well let me go look for a song then do harmony...guess we should post part one and two since its round two

GoldenManLEVEL 65

Reply by GoldenManGOLD

GoldenMan
For Emily Wherever I May Find Her -- Paul Simon
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c59869aef

LivingInPa

Reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Okay well let me go look for a song then do harmony...guess we should post part one and two since its round twoLivingInPa

I looked didn't find one...lol

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

HAHAHA!!!

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

GoldenMan
For Emily Wherever I May Find Her -- Paul Simon
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c59869aefGoldenMan

Thank you, this has been posted above ad added to the playlist.

AnnD3470LEVEL 66

Reply by AnnD3470GOLD +1

AnnD3470
Tin Man - Miranda Lambert
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bc95c097f

AnnD3470LEVEL 66

Reply by AnnD3470GOLD +1

Banner code please

Mark49LEVEL 73

Reply by Mark49GOLD

Mark49
My Hero's Have Always Been Cowboys ~ Willie Nelson
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/be7fb668f

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

[img]http://i.imgur.com/YUzLUds.jpg[/img]

TheBrimLEVEL 81

There ya go, it can also be found it at the top of the page.

Thank you

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

List updated to here

KaraokeKrackpotLEVEL 65

Reply by KaraokeKrackpotGOLD

Flagging!

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Thanks for the warm welcome you all!!!
Been busy with the grandkids. Have had them all weekend, so it will be a slow go for me here today. Sure wish I had just HALF the energy these grandkids have!! They’re making me feel every bit as old as I am!
And nope, not gonna reveal my age!! LoL

KaraokeKrackpotLEVEL 65

Reply by KaraokeKrackpotGOLD

You guys are all early-birds! I'm on a different schedule. I'll be working on my song in the middle of the night when I have quiet from outiside traffic, people and dogs!

TressesLEVEL 68

Edited reply by TressesGOLD

I'm thinking you other three judges should have to submit a song of your own to show us you can do what your asking everyone else to do...I'm excluded from this because I have amnesty cause I thought of it... Teresa since you'll be on a plane you can sing Silver Wings....lol... if you agree with me hit the LIB if we get 10 then they have to do it...lolLivingInPa

When Donkeys fly!!! I'm in Louisiana snuggling my new Grandson...not one chance in H*** I'm doing a layered song on a phone app MUAH TOM!!!

TressesLEVEL 68

Reply by TressesGOLD

If you hit that LIB I auto deduct ten pts from ur score lolol!!!

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

When Donkeys fly!!! I'm in Louisiana snuggling my new Grandson...not one chance in H*** I'm doing a layered song on a phone app MUAH TOM!!!Tresses

Give him H*** Teresa!!! I got yur back!!! LoL

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

HAHAHA!!! When Donkeys fly hahahaha

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

Reply by VitaminDeeGOLD +6

I just heard PositivlyBobby and Dialyone's round one entries!!

WOW just wow-- both are so amazing

I think it's soo cool that we have very understanding and compassionate crew hosting this event

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

Edited reply by VitaminDeeGOLD +6

A Message From Me -- VitaminDee:

I have cleared this with the host. For rounds two & three, I will submit my songs IC for the judging team. I would rather hear everyone's completed song instead of hearing it while under construction.

And with my permanent chronic illness, I have to pick and choose. If i sit up and listen to and comment on 28 recordings, I may not be able to sing my next three layers . CFS/ME & the other stuff I have, don't play around lol

LOVE YOU all and I will hear ya's in round four

Friends/ hosts: In leiu of quoting & responding to me, if you have a moment & wanna hit the LIB button to let me know ya saw this, I would love it. I don't want someone thinking I am not "playing well with others." And it saves posts on the thread.

I plan on being more mischievous on the thread lol this round. I think I owe Mr Brim some chocolate donuts

CJ- WELCOME, sugar booger-- I will get you added to my IC

SugarBabe4uLEVEL 93

Reply by SugarBabe4uGOLD

Dreams are the hearts desire the most!!

Sound Of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/beafb137f

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Artist - Contestants

1. Mark49 My Hero's Have Always Been Cowboys
2. CazMania
3. -CEZ-
4. SugarBabe4u Sound of Silence (jb)
5. AnnD3470 Tin Man
6. SHANDEBEL
7. GoldenMan For Emily Wherever I May Find Her
8. Tigerin78
9.Time_Passages
10. JPick
11. VitaminDee
12. VeeGee
13. bdialmedia
14. KaraokeKrackpot
15. RubenG
16. DidLeeSquat
17. Lily04
18. dialyone
19. PostivelyBobby

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Updated to here

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

A Message From Me -- VitaminDee:

I have cleared this with the host. For rounds two & three, I will submit my songs IC for the judging team. I would rather hear everyone's completed song instead of hearing it while under construction.

And with my permanent chronic illness, I have to pick and choose. If i sit up and listen to and comment on 28 recordings, I may not be able to sing my next three layers . CFS/ME & the other stuff I have, don't play around lol

LOVE YOU all and I will hear ya's in round four

Friends/ hosts: In leiu of quoting & responding to me, if you have a moment & wanna hit the LIB button to let me know ya saw this, I would love it. I don't want someone thinking I am not "playing well with others." And it saves posts on the thread.

I plan on being more mischievous on the thread lol this round. I think I owe Mr Brim some chocolate donuts

CJ- WELCOME, sugar booger-- I will get you added to my IC VitaminDee

Thanks Dee

TressesLEVEL 68

Reply by TressesGOLD

G'nite singers of the songs...sleep well and may you always be harmonious!

LivingInPa

Edited reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Okay folks I'm back, took Nina out to eat and watch the older folks doing the polka...was a lot of fun...

LivingInPa

Reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Well...it's my bedtime so I will say goodnight to all...4 am comes early for us old folks

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

Night Tom boy:)

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD +1

Well Folks

TheBrimLEVEL 81

I Think it's

TheBrimLEVEL 81

just about time