Opinions or Suggestions Needed

This topic is listed in Recording Help & Tips. It has been viewed 452 times and 6 replies have been made.

StEvE_O

Post by StEvE_O

I'm looking to start back recording some pretty soon, but I wanna get away from the cheap headsets. Wanna get something with a little better quality but not be out a fortune for. Preferrably under $100.00. Any suggestions on a new mic and where to get one at? Thanx for any help...

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Edited reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

Wow there are so many people with different sound' set up .. and it is took me a great while to set up my sound the way i prefer it.. and it varies for each song , etc ... If you like, you can PM me and I will give you some details.. also refer you to some other members with great sound . It all depends on your personal opinion and what you like.. but my system is basically 150 or less now.. but depends on e-bay deals..
The first thing I would recommend. is getting a "gold" membership with SS (must).. the Stereo quality/ability on this site is unmatched to ANY other site on the web...
let me know if you want some help.... in Pm..

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Edited reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

These volunteers here for SS are very 'keen" with sound and can help you too.. very helpful indeed

goto

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/member/recording-support

ELVIS_USA

Edited reply by ELVIS_USAGOLD +1

StEvE_O GET SOME SHURE SRH 440 HEADPHONES ALL I USE! CHECK EM OUT http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2350945,00.asp I SPENT 2 HRS GOING THROUGH SAM ASHES HEADPHONE LINE AND AFTER LISTENING TO SONGS WITH THEM FOR CLARITY, BASS BALANCE, SMOOTH HIGHS, AND BALANCED LOWS, THESE ARE WHAT I TOOK HOME FOR MY STUDIO. NOTE: ALLOW 2 DAYS BURN IN TIME!!! BY PLAYING THE RADIO THROUGH THEM ..NON STOP IF NOT THE HEADPHONES MAY SOUND "TO BASSY" OR TO" TINY" WHEN YOU FIRST LISTEN TO THEM.

ELVIS_USA

Reply by ELVIS_USAGOLD +1

Hope this helps. Singen.

moon045

Reply by moon045GOLD

is it possible to record a song with editing options such as, say you do really well until you lose it in the middle ,but want to keep the first half and start from where you messed up ? does anyone understand what i'm trying to describe? i wish i knew recording tech vocab ,but i havent really branched out that far yet....i just press record....') and sing it just is unfortunate to sing a song so good up until you blow it on a note and jack the whole recording up :0

k2501961

Edited reply by k2501961GOLD

A way to do this is with using 3rd party music software and skillz in editing the track so the problematic parts are deleted and the good parts inserted. The Snap recorder does not have these options.

Here's the process in general but I cannot tell you what software to use or how to use it since I do not do this myself but there are some who do. Perhaps someone who does this can chime in.

Record your voice part and then preview it but uncheck the "enable music" option in the preview to only listen to your voice and save it either locally on your computer as a .wav or .mp3 file. Then record the song again and hopefully without making the same mistake Then listen to the preview again and be sure the "enable music" option is unchecked. Then save as an .wav or .mp3 file

Then using the 3rd party music software queue up your files recorded and edit them so one good recording is made and save it.

Then record the song and instead of singing live while recording, play the good recorded file you made while recording. Send the recording for preview, preview it with the "enable music" option checked and adjust the timing accordingly and save it.

It is theoretically possible to do this using multiple tracks recorded on Snap without the backing track but the point at which the unwanted part(s) are not recorded and the good part(s) are inserted can be quite a timing and logistical nightmare. All the parts would need to be saved without using the backing track then loaded and queued up, the recording is started and the parts are started and stopped at the points desired. Once the recording is made, preview it, adjust the timing and volume and save it.

Hope this helps.

~ Chris

is it possible to record a song with editing options such as, say you do really well until you lose it in the middle ,but want to keep the first half and start from where you messed up ? does anyone understand what i'm trying to describe? i wish i knew recording tech vocab ,but i havent really branched out that far yet....i just press record....') and sing it just is unfortunate to sing a song so good up until you blow it on a note and jack the whole recording up :0moon045

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.