I hate the Beta version

This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help. It has been viewed 363 times and 11 replies have been made.

bobbykarlsonLEVEL 52

Post by bobbykarlsonGOLD +1

Why is singsnap trying so hard to drive people away?

CheyennyLEVEL 63

Reply by CheyennyGOLD

Like the old version!

1david-oldiesLEVEL 70

Reply by 1david-oldiesGOLD

After 13 years its great too have an update.
The old system was great but it had become tired.
The new version is going to be better especially for sound.
The lay out is brighter and more modern.
The only thing is that the launch date was probably 3-6 months early with still many bugs.
Give it till Xmas or Jan and things will all good
All beta

ZZ-EdLEVEL 67

Reply by ZZ-EdGOLD

Well...learning anything new is a PAIN.

That said, I'm not crazy about it either.

But...we are told...with time it will improve....

Or we will simply adjust to it.

Or a little of both.

NovellaLEVEL 111

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +19 +18

Why is singsnap trying so hard to drive people away?bobbykarlson

We have been working like dogs for a very long time to bring a new website. Flash is going obsolete at the end of the year and our technology (coding on the website) is also old - All of these changes are necessary in order to ensure the longevity of SIngSnap so we're still around for ANOTHER 14 years. This is a long, challenging and expensive endeavor - we didn't do this because we were bored - we are doing it because it is necessary. There will be a learning curve but we're trying very hard to get things working how they should be so we can continue to develop and improve based upon user feedback. We just hope people give it (and us) a chance

bobbykarlsonLEVEL 52

Reply by bobbykarlsonGOLD +1

A lot of the changes are not necessary. Now in beta my camera won't work, my mike won't work. I can't choose the genre. A lot of unnecessary graphics have been added. Why not just stick to the old format and tweak it a bit the changes are just too extreme.

Jubi

Reply by JubiGOLD

My friends, favs, and fans are the best ! Luv y'all

I have an upcoming year's subscription to fulfill. Yes, I'll give the new site a chance while that membership lasts. That is the best I can say at the moment.

Ro71LEVEL 52

Reply by Ro71GOLD

You’d think that with all this new and fancy web technology it should be possible to build a much better site. I am sure they will fix everything. Anything less would be a scandal.

bettyboop5LEVEL 68

Reply by bettyboop5GOLD

I have no idea where to find my songs and how to play what I have recorded!

NovellaLEVEL 111

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +19 +18

A lot of the changes are not necessary. Now in beta my camera won't work, my mike won't work. I can't choose the genre. A lot of unnecessary graphics have been added. Why not just stick to the old format and tweak it a bit the changes are just too extreme.bobbykarlson

Like I said, it is all necessary. The old technology/coding does not communicate well with the new technology needed to work since Flash is being discontinued If you're having trouble with your camera and mic, use the Feedback Thread to report your issues.

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/b014f9e6

Thanks!

carmerappleLEVEL 88

Reply by carmerappleGOLD

I am just dreading the day it switches over to he point of no return! It's like having to wear a mask over mouth and eyes.. I love ss the way it is... I'm old.. i'm not a techy... If the new is not as comparable with what we're able to do now, it doesn't seem worth it.. But oh.. we are addicted.. and We loved the way it was.. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr... please don't start sounding all political. We should not have to put up with a lot of issues. We should be able to have our backgrounds videos and all... You're not suppose to go backwards... Hey I have anxiety problems like some.. and I come here to unwind not go banshee.. just saying... So If you don't have any great news about the coming attraction please don't respond... This is not directed to anyone as personal.. only about a paid product and what should be expected.. A member who loves our ss family.

TGWestLEVEL 77

Reply by TGWestGOLD

We'll I'm here Looking at It and I do Understand Cinder but as I have some extra moments I will Look around and See What's Cook-n So a lot to Take in But I will See And Always Wish Everyone The Best