Why...

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 417 times and 10 replies have been made.

MonkenLEVEL 29

Post by Monken

...do some people put warnings on others recordings for no reason? Someone has reported many of my recordings as potentially offensive. I guess someone don't like me. lol

This is not a problem to me and I don't care about it very much but I think it is rude.

-Tas-LEVEL 71

Reply by -Tas-

That button is really too close in proximity to the HOF nominating button. In haste people make an error when going to nominate you the HOF. They think they have nominated you to the HOF but in fact marked it offensive. They have no idea they have done this. So just contact staff and they will remove the offensive thingy.

MonkenLEVEL 29

Reply by Monken

Thank you!

werewoofLEVEL 37

Reply by werewoofGOLD

Yeah... that might account for an occasional incident. however, if it's happening more than a time of two, i'd guess you've got a very childish person out there who's "got it in" for you.

Personally, I would hope that the "potentially offensive" button couldn't actually just automatically add the warning to someone else's song, but would rather send a message to staff that they should make that determination and allow them to decide whether or not to slap the warning on it.

Is this not the case?

Because if it really is possible for any random person to alter someone else's song like that without the approval of staff, well then that's just plain stupid.

typomaniacLEVEL 2

Reply by typomaniac

I agree with you. It is rude to mark someones song as offensive ...

If it is done by accident .. the person would not have the screen pop up saying that the song is now in their HOF listing.
They should have notified you or staff if they had hit the wrong one by mistake. That would be the polite thing to do.

donnyxxxLEVEL 25

Reply by donnyxxx

all my songs are offensive.....lol

-Tas-LEVEL 71

Reply by -Tas-

oh I don't get any pop up telling about HOF nominations? I do have my pop ups being blocked..So as I said the people may not realize they are making a mistake..and in the original poster's case he is that great of a singer that it could happen to him often.

typomaniacLEVEL 2

Reply by typomaniac

oh I don't get any pop up telling about HOF nominations? I do have my pop ups being blocked..So as I said the people may not realize they are making a mistake..and in the original poster's case he is that great of a singer that it could happen to him often.grammatea4u

Ah! When I nominate, it takes me to my page listing all the nominations I've made. I didn't know that not everyone had this happen.

I agree.
Monken is that great of a singer that it could happen often to him. He does have a wonderful voice and style of singing, a very talented young man!

Carl_LEVEL 2

Reply by Carl_

Like typomaniac said, when I nomminate a recording it takes me to a page listing all the nominations I have made and when I report a recording as being offensive it takes me to a page like this where I also have to write the reason for report:

Report Recording
If you think the recording listed below could be offensive to some members on SingSnap due to the contents of the video, the song lyrics etc, then please help us by reporting it below.

Report Recording: -
Ref #:b41057351
Date: -
Member: -
Artist: -
Reason For Report: -

DebPG13LEVEL 21

Reply by DebPG13

...do some people put warnings on others recordings for no reason? Someone has reported many of my recordings as potentially offensive. I guess someone don't like me. lol

This is not a problem to me and I don't care about it very much but I think it is rude.Monken

Hi Carl,

I haven't had that happen yet, but if it's someone doing it on purpose it "is" totally rude and childish. I bet Staff could check into for you and resolve the problem.
Hope this helps.

Deb

DebPG13LEVEL 21

Reply by DebPG13

check into "it" for you.....oops....