MLMANDMLM (MONTE) PASSED AWAY

This topic is listed in Birthdays, Dedications & Tributes. It has been viewed 387 times and 20 replies have been made.

Brittany6523LEVEL 43

Post by Brittany6523PATRON

Many of you know my father Monte. Many others know us as the M&M's who run the singsnap contest.

Well back in November 2011 My father Monte, my mother Martha & grandfather George (Fathers's dad) were involved in a car accident from a girl texting and driving, who hit their vehicle head on. Unfortunately George did not survive the accident, Martha was left with brain damage & paralysis and Monte had lacerations to his spleen & chest pains. Back then so many of you were very gracious and reached out to my family with support. You dedicated many song to them during the holidays to lift their spirits. Once again, we just wanted to thank you all for the support prayer and care you have shown my family over the past several years.

Since the accident Martha continues to be paralyzed from the waist down and has currently been diagnosed with breast cancer. Monte was diagnosed with a rare cancer called Mantle Cell Lymphoma. On Monday 6/8/2020, the ambulance was called for Monte as he was in intense pain. He was rushed to the hospital immediately, where they performed emergency surgery to remove his ruptured spleen. Since the car accident & from the cancer, Monte has been in immense pain and not able to afford the proper treatment for chemo so initially the cancer progressed quickly and his spleen ruptured. Due to the rupture, his cancer spread everywhere and his kidney and liver took a major hit with internal bleeding. My father passed away early Sunday morning 6/14/2020 around 2:00 am.

This has been a very difficult and devastating time for our family but we wanted to go out with a bang a do one last M&M Memorial Contest in memory of my father Monte. It doesn't seem right to go on after this contest without our red M&M. Let's make him proud and have him laughing and partying up there cause you know we always have a blast.

Also just wanted to thank Trevor for this awesome site. My dad absolutely loved being on here singing and listening to all of his friends. Singing was a passion of his and I'm definitely gonna miss hearing him recording new songs but treasure the ones I have.

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD

I am so sorry to hear this. I adored your Dads sense of humor. I will always smile when thinking of him. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

BCSchmerker2LEVEL 91

Reply by BCSchmerker2

Thanks for bringing this passing to our attention.

BCS

SingSnap_EventsLEVEL 68

Reply by SingSnap_EventsSPECIAL-EVENTS +2 +2

Shocktober Week #3 Reverend Groove! Take a listen & enjoy! ~*~The Events girls~*~

Brittany, We are so very sorry for your loss Monte was a very kind man. I'm sorry to read everything that has happened to him, it makes me really sad God bless you & your family hon and send our love to your Mama xoxo Your dad was well liked here on the site and will sorely be missed.
Denise & Johnny

starsearchLEVEL 107

Reply by starsearchGOLD

My deepest sympathies! This is a bad year for most with all that is happening in our country and all the people battling the virus too.
This is tragic about your family!
SS is our get a way and musical family!
Your dad will be missed and prayers are sent to you all in your time of grief.
God Bless You All!

Mar

SingingRainbowLEVEL 108

Reply by SingingRainbowSPECIAL-EVENTS +5 +2

J&D's Country girls @ heart#113 Rnd#1 is up!

Brittany, We are so very sorry for your loss Monte was a very kind man. I'm sorry to read everything that has happened to him, it makes me really sad God bless you & your family hon and send our love to your Mama xoxo Your dad was well liked here on the site and will sorely be missed.
Denise & Johnny SingSnap_Events

Hey Brittany, I was signed in to my team's account hon. I just wanted to make sure you knew who I was
Sending you and your family lots of love xoxo
As Mar said, what a tragic loss for your family. Your in my thoughts and prayers girl
Denise~

sjb9031LEVEL 67

Reply by sjb9031GOLD

Thank you Brittany for letting us know..
i am so very very sorry.. we will all miss him..
my heart is broken..

countryfan1959LEVEL 65

Reply by countryfan1959GOLD

Brittany, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I only met your dad through song but I truly came to know and love him! He was a very special man! Always made me laugh and was so supporting! I'm bawling right now! The world is so much darker without him! The only good thing is that he is no longer in pain! Please hug your mom for me! Take care my friend!
Janet

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 76

Reply by TWEENYPAULINEPATRON

Brittany, I am so sorry for your loss. I to met your dad through song, He was very special, beautiful voice. He will be missed so much.Thank you for letting us know,
You have my sincere condolences. He will never be forgotten, and He is no longer in pain.
God Bless Him and your family amen.

hugs Pauline

BugLEVEL 69

Reply by BugGOLD

Britty, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your daddy and our dear friend Monte.
Singsnap will not be the same and he will be sadly missed, but loving remembered.

Prayers for your Mother and family

aqtrcowgirlLEVEL 103

Reply by aqtrcowgirlGOLD +3 +3

So Sorry to hear about your losses and the loss of your dad recently
Have been in a lot of contest with him and your mom
Prayers sent your way ..

Piper-x-333

Reply by Piper-x-333GOLD +2

My deepest condolences to you.

lindy_annLEVEL 94

Reply by lindy_annPATRON

Live for the moments, you can't put into words

Brittany

I am so very sorry to hear this. Your family means alot to us here on the snap and I have had you all favorites for a long time. May God comfort you and your family during this time. My heart goes out to each of you. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Melinda

Txnhere2000LEVEL 69

Reply by Txnhere2000GOLD

I am in shock seeing this....
Your dad and I would comment on each others songs with so much admiration for the other.He always had a light-hearted way about himself that will be missed by all.
One would never have known of his health struggles..
This gives me an even greater appreciation for the man..
Deepest sympathy's to the family..
He will live on in my heart...
~Don

Carolina_Denise09LEVEL 73

Edited reply by Carolina_Denise09GOLD

Thank you Brittany for letting us know. I am so sorry to read about this on another thread Your father was an amazing man and friend. He was one of my biggest encouragers! He will be missed by many. My sincere condolences and prayers for you and your family during this time of grief... Hugs and love to you all

lisaluvsky64LEVEL 73

Reply by lisaluvsky64GOLD +2

Jeis..............thanks for being you, you mean the world to me

Heaven has gained an amazing angel. Monte always lifted me up when i was sad.i will miss him terribly

SHANDEBEL

Reply by SHANDEBELGOLD

Monte was a real sweetheart..........so sorry to hear of all the events that have happened to your family in the past few months. Sometimes one wonders - how much can one family take? Remember there will always be the sun, to warm us on those bleak days. And music will truly always join us all together.
May God be with you, Brittany.

Terri-AnneLEVEL 88

Reply by Terri-AnneGOLD

So sorry for your tragic loss Brittany, Brandon & Martha

Monte was a Wonderful man & friend to so many here! A real gem of a guy with a great sense of humor and a big heart and he always seem to have lots of time for those he cared about. He will be missed here very much

God bless you all and keep you safe & comfort you in your time of need. xxx

QTBUNZLEVEL 90

Reply by QTBUNZGOLD +1

Oh my gosh I am so sorry for all of the tragedy you have faced sweetie. So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. He always made me laugh. He was an amazing friend and an awesome talent. God Bless you and yours in your time of sorrow. Prayers for you and your family.

Hugss and GBU all..Deborah

BrendaS9906LEVEL 70

Reply by BrendaS9906PATRON

So very sorry for all if your losses. Prayers and love for you and your family.

SunshineLEVEL 100

Reply by SunshineGOLD +1 +3

Patience!!!!

Hi Britt! I just heard about your Dad and I am just heart-broken! Him, Martha, you and all of your family have always held a very special place in my heart! Prayers for strength as you continue to face your loss every day!

hugs and God Bless you

Dianne