This topic is listed in Contests - Completed.
It has been viewed 69,181 times and 1,706 replies have been made.

- Next
Novella

Edited post by NovellaSNAP-STAR +33 41

Welcome To The Hottest Duet Contest To Hit The World Wide Web!

Back by popular demand is another SingSnap Official Contest and this one is for big bucks! We are super excited to announce our very first contest with CASH PRIZES!

This will be a 100% singing contest. While cams are welcome and encouraged, the only thing that will be judged is your voice! So if you think you can sing and want to win yourself some money - you absolutely have to enter!

But there's a catch! You Can't Do It Alone - You Will Need To Duet For Dollars!

The Prizes!

First Place Duet: $500 USD each!

Second and Third Place Duet: One Year Gold Membership per contestant!

Duet For Dollars Concept:

We have the most fantastic community on the web, so it's now time to reach out and find that dream duet partner.

We're looking for duet pairs that have vocal chemistry, sing beautifully and mesh harmoniously. Are you up for the challenge?

Round 1 - Auditions: (June 4-10) This round is open to any duet pair. You are responsible for finding your own duet partner. If you would like to post your expression of interest for a partnership, you can do so in the Duet For Dollars Partnership Call Thread. SingSnap will not monitor that thread and is not responsible for finding or assigning partnerships. Both parties must be in agreement and willing participants.

Round 2 - Top 100 (June 11-17) The Top 100 duets will advance into Round two. A new thread will be made and a special panel of invited Judges will be announced, along with the round details.

Round 3 - Top 20 (June 18-24) The Top 20 duets from round two will advance to the semi-finals.

Round 4 - Final Three (June 25-July 2) The top three duets from round three will advance into the finals where they will give it their all in an effort to win $500 USD each! The winning duet will be chosen by Trevor!

Audition Details:

Deadline: 5 PM EST, June 10, 2012.

1. You are responsible for finding your own deut partner.
2. We have developed the Duet For Dollars Partnership Call Thread to assist you in your endeavors.
3. You may sing any song in the SingSnap catalog available to you with the exception of licensed material and original songs.
4. Both recordings must be recorded solely for this contest and after June 4, 2012.
5. Only submit the finished recording. Be prepared to show proof that both parts were freshly recorded upon request.
6. Carefully read the Contest Requirements posted below.
7. Post your duet, in this thread, in the following format:

Username & Username
Song Title
Song Link

Contest Requirements:

Due to the nature of the cash prize, we must strictly abide by international gaming laws. Please carefully read and review the Long Form Contest Rules prior to entering, to ensure your eligibility.

1. No purchase necessary to enter this contest. This is a skill based contest.
2. The contest will run from June 4, 2012 until July 3rd, 2012.
3. Each contestant must have their own account on SingSnap.com.
4. Contest is open to all members. Blue memberships are free. Blue members have an equal chance of winning as that of Gold members
5. SingSnap is not responsible for assigning partnerships.
6. To enter, submit completed audition duets to this thread.
7. The song must be part of the SingSnap catalog.
8. You must sing on the track matching your chosen song.
9. No SingSnap Original or Original music permitted.
10. The song must be dated after this thread has been posted.
11. The audition entry must be a fresh recording, for this contest only.
12. Each contestant can only be part of one (1) duet partnership.
13. One audition entry per duet team.
14. Promotion of non-contest songs is strictly prohibited.
15. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.
16. Web Cams are allowed but not required.
17. Contestants will be judged on vocal performance only. Pitch, Enunciation, Phrasing, Emotional Engagement, and Round Requirements.
18. There are two (2) first place prizes in the amount of $500.00 USD that will be awarded to each member of the winning duet partnership. There are four (4) runner-up prizes (one year Gold memberships valued at US$120.00 each) that will be awarded to each of the members of the second and third place winning duet partnership.
19. All prizes will be awarded on or before July 31, 2012. Cash prizes will be paid to the winners in the form of a US$ money order by registered mail. The Gold Memberships will be applied automatically to the contestants' accounts and notified via Private Messaging when the transaction is complete.The winning entries will be announced in the Round 4 contest thread as well as by video update.
20. The odds of winning each prize is directly related to the number of entrants and the skill level of the participants.
21. The Contest is open only to individuals who are members of SingSnap.com who have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of residence as of the date of Entry and who do NOT reside in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions or the Province of Quebec, Canada. This Contest is void wherever prohibited by federal, state, provincial, municipal or local law. You must be eighteen (18) or older to enter this Contest to be eligible to win. Employees and immediate families or household members of Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, are ineligible to participate in this Contest.

Good Luck!

Novella

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +33 41

Judging Criteria!

We are sharing the judging criteria with you, so you are fully aware of the things the judges will be looking for when scoring your finished duet.

Pitch & Tone - 5 Points: Are you singing the song in a pitch/key that suits your voice? Are the individual notes on point? Do you go off key? Does your voice have a pleasant tone that fits the song?

Phrasing/Enunciation - 5 Points: Is your voice clear and concise? Do you sing the song with the correct phrasing? Do you hold and end the notes well?

Emotional Engagement - 5 Points: Do you connect with the song and deliver it with conviction? Make us 'believe' in the song and that you're telling your story.

Vocal Blend - 5 Points: How well do you and your partner sound together? Did the selected arrangement make the song the best it could be? Were there harmonies or anything else to make the song special or stand out?

Thanks Everyone & Good Luck!

IanHarrod

Reply by IanHarrodGOLD

Oh I m totally there, I will be back flagging.

Bob-S

Edited reply by Bob-SGOLD

Flagging. Just to confirm is this the thread where we post entries?

Novella

Edited reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +33 41

Flagging. Just to confirm is this the thread where we post entries?Shetlandbob

Yep! Post your audition entry right on this thread =)

sweetcheeks27

Reply by sweetcheeks27SNAP-STAR 6

Flagging, Good luck everyone =)

Singingman1996

Reply by Singingman1996PATRON 13

Flaggin foo shoooo.

Singingman1996

Forgot to flag. Duh

Arkain30

Reply by Arkain30 1

Got it flagged... LOVE this idea... now the search for the perfect country partner begins!!! Awesome idea y'all!!

aqtrcowgirl

Reply by aqtrcowgirlSNAP-STAR +5 12

Bbl

flagging

SexyMama47

Reply by SexyMama47SNAP-STAR +3 10

flagging in

Singingman1996

Question.....Does the song have to be a song written as a duet or can it be a song that we can make into a duet......Inquiring minds want to know. thanks.

blue-nightingale

Reply by blue-nightingaleGOLD 9

Wooohoooo I am back online and I can't wait to catch up with my friends hugs Jackie <3

Good evening flagging in :0)

Novella

Question.....Does the song have to be a song written as a duet or can it be a song that we can make into a duet......Inquiring minds want to know. thanks. Singingman1996

3. You may sing any song in the SingSnap catalog available to you with the exception of licensed material and original songs.

So that means any song at all! It can be a non-traditional song turned into a duet if you'd like

gdwithin

Reply by gdwithinSNAP-STAR

OHHHH SOOOO doing this!! I even got my sister to sign up so we can do this!

Chanda

Reply by ChandaGOLD 16

i wonder if i can find a partner

klynne2

Reply by klynne2GOLD 8

Flagging for sure!

maralex

Reply by maralex +1

White_star

Reply by White_starGOLD 3

flagging

OrKo6

Reply by OrKo6GOLD

the hard part is getting a partner hehe

ChelseaBSB

Reply by ChelseaBSBGOLD

I'm in! I need a partner!

shortcakej829

Reply by shortcakej829GOLD

flagged

SimplyRozzy47

Edited reply by SimplyRozzy47GOLD

Sounds Awesome....... Here is a link of a song I've sung if you need a vocal sample. If you are interested please send a PM to me.

Nancy52

Reply by Nancy52GOLD

Someone partner up with Chanda. I wish I had the talent to do this sooooo bad. There are so many talented people out there that just blow my mind when I hear them. I would hate to think one of them couldn't find a partner.

I'm flagging to keep up with the free concerts ; )

GinaMarie11

Reply by GinaMarie11GOLD

Looking for a duet partner, any takers??? Please, I love singing more soft rock genere.

Chanda

Reply by ChandaGOLD 16

I was thinking I wanted to duet.. Per!! ;0)

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD 7

Have awesome week singsnappers

oooooo this contest. Lmao. Money talks I say now. In for sure. Now to find a duet partner.

Mytrueself

Reply by MytrueselfGOLD

Flagged..thanks SS

Jay_Alexander

Reply by Jay_AlexanderGOLD 21

flagged

CherokeeSinger48

Reply by CherokeeSinger48

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............I'M SO IN THIS!!!!!!!!!

socomicefox

Question for staff. Is all effects allowed? Or just MMSB what singsnap gives?

rose2

Reply by rose2GOLD

flagging
my husband and i share the same account
we'll sing together if thats ok.

CatBallou

Reply by CatBallouPATRON 1

flagging

yakkyduck

Reply by yakkyduckGOLD

I love harmony and sound good with so many if your interested please contact me this is gonna be fun and (wink) even a little profit too lol this could pay for 4 years of singsnap if my math is right.

Novella

Question for staff. Is all effects allowed? Or just MMSB what singsnap gives?socomicefox

Vocal effects are allowed.

Novella

flagging
we'll sing together if thats ok.rose2

3. Each contestant must have their own account on SingSnap.com

just-KMS

Reply by just-KMSGOLD

"Ten Thousand Angels Cried" r/c3a913433

flagging... if for no other reason, just 'cause...

socomicefox

Question for staff. Is all effects allowed? Or just MMSB what singsnap gives?socomicefox

Vocal effects are allowed.Novella

Sweet! Thank you.

Novella

Sounds Awesome....... Here is a link of a song I've sung if you need a vocal sample. If you are interested please send a PM to me.
SimplyRozzy47

Please submit your expression of interest in the appropriate thread:
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/ac1a52b8

KNEWGUY

Reply by KNEWGUYGOLD

Alrighty, GentleRaiin and I are in... now to get a song to post before the 10th... Flagged!!

karaokemom40

Reply by karaokemom40

flagging

CatBallou

flagging

3. Each contestant must have their own account on SingSnap.comNovella

If both members have accounts, is using the duet feature required or can it be recorded on one member's account? Tim and I do it both ways, so I want to be sure.

Bry1991

Reply by Bry1991

would love someone to duet with me! male or female! sounds like a great contest! but i am in canada...does that mean i cant enter??

Novella

flagging

If both members have accounts, is using the duet feature required or can it be recorded on one member's account? Tim and I do it both ways, so I want to be sure.CatBallou

Both member names need to appear on the finished duet.

Novella

would love someone to duet with me! male or female! sounds like a great contest! but i am in canada...does that mean i cant enter??Bry1991

Carefully review the contest rules to see if your area of residence is restricted;

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/misc/contest

CatBallou

flagging

If both members have accounts, is using the duet feature required or can it be recorded on one member's account? Tim and I do it both ways, so I want to be sure.CatBallou

Both member names need to appear on the finished duet.Novella

Will do! Thanks!

Novella

No prob!

LilKitty

Reply by LilKittyGOLD +4

No Blues here..lol

Good luck all!! This is one that I won't be participating in...I don't sing all that great, so I'm not even gonna try lol!! But I really do wish everyone that joins the best of luck!!!! I can't wait to see who wins!!

Bubba1

Reply by Bubba1GOLD

Love it! Flagged

-Hartley-

Reply by -Hartley-GOLD

Have a wonderful week, sing, sing, sing. Enjoy life.:)

Flagged and thinking about it.:)

tillyss

Reply by tillyssGOLD

flagging

- Next