Buzzing noise

This topic is listed in Recording Help & Tips.
It has been viewed 445 times and 3 replies have been made.

Arwen

Post by ArwenGOLD

If anyone has advice I would love it. I seem to have this buzzing in my sound both listening and recording. I have tried to adjust the master volume controls, Sound recording and volume but it still stays. I have three different mics and they it is the same on all three.

Any help out there?

thanks
Arwen

07/07/2012

Dinalydia

Edited reply by DinalydiaGOLD

Did this buzzing just start today?

I was recording just fine this afternoon and suddenly the buzzing started for no reason. Singsnap pages had been downloading superslow or not loading at all for a couple hours. I decided to stop and try again tomorrow. I really think the SS recorder has differing quality at different times of the day, maybe depending on how heavily used. I've heard others say this.

Just a guess, if you never had buzzing before.

If you are a new user, it may be something else.

In the "Recording tips" forum there is a tutorial explaining how to reduce noise by turning the Windows sound recorder all the way OFF (if you use Windows) and using the SingSnap recorder to replace that function.

Dina

Boney-Jo

Reply by Boney-JoGOLD

Hiya Arwin

The buzzing noise could come from a few places.

The most common reason for buzzing is your mic lead, if you have another try changing it or if you can borrow one....if that fixes the problem you know what to do.

Sometimes your computer gathers quite a lot of dust, when this happens the fan works in overdrive and causes noises. Clean your computer by using a soft brush, do not use a vacuum cleaner as you will damage parts. This may fix your problem too!

If all else fails, please click on the link below, there are some self help guides or you can chose to submit a help ticket.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/member/recording-support

I hope you get things working.....Happy singing!

Cheers Jo

ELVIS_USA

Edited reply by ELVIS_USAGOLD

SOUNDS LIKE A BROKEN GROUND TO ME WIGGLE YOUR WIRE OR IT COULD BE THE JACK ON THE SOUND CARD ITSELF THEY ARE VARY FRAGILE ONE GOOD TUG AND THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE! THINGS TO CHANGE HEADSET IF YOU USE ONE MICROPHONE CABLE GET A MOGAMI GOLD CABLE AND THAT PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED FOREVER BUT SINCE THE BUZZ IS BOTH WAYS LISTENING AND RECORDING IM BETTING ON A BAD JACK AND A POSSIBLE SOUND CARD REPLACEMENT MA BE IN ORDER :o)

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.