This topic is listed in Recording Help & Tips.
It has been viewed 169,896 times and 315 replies have been made.

maryrocha

Reply by maryrocha

now my voice is off ¬¬

angeleyes2142006

Reply by angeleyes2142006

i have vista as well but when i do what you told me to i only have 2 microphone things and a line in icon no wave mix or anything else close to that. what can i do? and i already put to show disabled divices.

diana317ooo2

Reply by diana317ooo2GOLD

i like how this is the only thread that people are being directed to. i have done everything in here, as well as a number of other things, and when i follow the instructions here, i get my voice but no background music. if i change anything, i get background music with no vocal.

i've noticed other people saying they don't have this problem on other karoke sites, and i think i am just going to give up on singsnap and head somewhere else. LadyArwen

diana317ooo2

Reply by diana317ooo2GOLD

i can not find where to go to set up my mixer just says what to do not where to do it going crazy gonnna give up.asked everyone . got a mixer dont know to to set it on setting get my voice no music ' goinrg back to sims on stage did not hav to set up mixer there to bad i liked it here diana317ooo2 thats my name on sims help me if you can thank hugsssdiana

beth063

Reply by beth063PATRON

*flagging this page

split10

Reply by split10

Singsnap is not the only app having problems with Stereo Mix in Vista.
I made a video here on how you enable it, and I have also tried to explain what issues you might have if you can't get it to work.

In short, it's a nightmare! I like to think I know what I'm doing, but it wasn't easy for me to get decent mic volume once I had it.
I think what annoys me most, is a feature we took for granted in Win9XX is now sort of an extra.
Creative seem to be doing away with it on newer cards / drivers, but no one is really saying why.

Marlene

Reply by MarleneGOLD

Does anyone have windows Vista and an Alesis USB 8 Multimix? I can't get my Mixer to work through USB.. If anyone has this set up and can help me out I would really appreciate it!!

HELP PLEASE!

split10

Reply by split10

Does anyone have windows Vista and an Alesis USB 8 Multimix? I can't get my Mixer to work through USB.. If anyone has this set up and can help me out I would really appreciate it!!

HELP PLEASE!Marlene

See thread.

Marlene

Reply by MarleneGOLD

Hi there split10,

I did see that thread but it didn't help. The levels are totally off still.. doesn't sound clear. On the headphones I can barely hear myself but when I play back I sound much louder than the music. Wish there were someone else on singsnap with this Mixer and Vista that may be able to help me out. Thanks though for trying to help!

Tellisa

Reply by TellisaGOLD

I havent been able to sing on my husbands laptop and I've read and followed numerous peoples advice...to know avail!!!

split10

Edited reply by split10

I havent been able to sing on my husbands laptop and I've read and followed numerous peoples advice...to know avail!!! Tellisa

A lot of laptops with Vista just don't do stereo mix.
I think there may be a few (and I mean few) that have it, but most dont. There isn't really a work round as most have this new express card that can only take one soundcard made by Creative, and that doesn't have mix either
For those who have it, they need to list make and model so others would know what to buy.
It's not easy if you own a desktop either, as a lot of the new cards don't have it and the newer drivers don't include it.
Once again you need people who have it to list exactly what cards they have and what drivers they use.
For example: The Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card - OEM (30SB057000000) has it with the drivers here but the you don't have a mic boost.
The Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 SB0460 has it with mic boost, but you must get that exact card and not the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer which doesn't have it.
Last but not least the old SB Live (SB0060 I have look on ebay) has it in Vista with some drivers written buy a guy on the web, but your limited to 2 gigs of ram.

phondo2

Reply by phondo2GOLD

Hi everyone. Jason can you please help me? I have a new Dell XPS420 with a Creative SB X-fi Gamer Soundcard. I just spent 3 hours on the phone with Dell and we can't get the "What You Hear" to appear in my sound properties. We looked all over the modes in the soundcard, reloade software, nothing worked! Is this card compatiable? If not can you recommend a comparable one that will work? I was using a 7 year old pc, and had high hopes for this new one! Thanks!

split10

Edited reply by split10

I can help you here, tho it's not good news.
This is from Creatives site.

The What U Hear recording option is supported in Windows Vista for Sound Blaster X-Fi series (excluding Extreme Audio series) and Sound Blaster Audigy series (excluding Sound Blaster Audigy LE, SE, and Audigy Value).

If the "What U Hear" option is missing in the Recording menu, it could be disabled or hidden. To make it appear in the list, right click anywhere in the Recording menu, and select "Show Disabled Device", right click on "What U Hear" option and select Enable. Right click it again, and select "Set as Default".

The "What U Hear" feature for Sound Blaster Audigy SE/LS/Live!24 bit cards had changed since the latest driver update. The previous version of Windows Vista driver (SB24_VTDRV_LB_1_04_0065A.exe) for Sound Blaster Audigy SE/LS/Live!24 bit has an option for recording with "What U Hear";

The latest version (SB24_VTDRV_LB_1_04_0077.exe) no longer has the option for "What U Hear" recording with Sound Blaster Audigy SE/LS/Live!24bit.

Both drivers are currently available for download. The only way to get the "What U Hear" back is to reinstall the previous drivers, or roll back drivers.

There is a thread here on it, and I know someone else with a dell 630 with same problem.

Your Dell prolly has one of the Extreme Audio series cards hence you can't find it.

Hmm lot of info above may confuse you, but there is NO driver for yours to enable it!

TRUSSY

Reply by TRUSSY

can someone please help i just got a new laptop but it dont have a line in like my last one or windows xp which i had no problem with the settings for singsnap,ive got vista and ive got all the problems other people are experiencing on here,is there a way of still being able to sing and record on this laptop without a line in ??? do i need some sort of lead ??? my new laptop is an aspire6920g,i want it for games but ill go mad if i cant record on ss as the assistant said it had a line in,,,,bloody liar,,,PLEASE HELP

split10

Reply by split10

Why do you need line in?
You would only use line in if you had an external mixer and I'm assuming you dont?

winniethepooh73

Reply by winniethepooh73

This was most helpful...
Thanks

Rach x

lilkaraokediva

Reply by lilkaraokediva

Hmmm I must have some wierd mixer stuff on this lil lappy of mine! I've done EVERYTHING I could...including the stuff mentioned by the author of this thread..alllllll to NO AVAL!!!! I have an HP Pavillion tx112us Notebook, so if ANYONE knows how to make it work..fabulous!

Guess Singsnap STILL has issues recognizing ALLLLL the various operating systems and quirks...so I guess Singsnap STILL wont be getting my money!

It's kinda sad, cuz Singsnap's Library has a lot of songs others dont...Bix is losin people cuz there song selections are pretty limited...if I went into a bar with that kind of selection, I'd most likely leave.

lilkaraokediva

Reply by lilkaraokediva

Oh and one more thing...other sites recommended a USB microphone, so i got a low end Logitec...works fine elsewhere, but NOT HERE on Singsnap!

sakuralee

Reply by sakuralee

I am using a USB mic and it doesn't have the same options as the 'realtek' mic thing.

Cheekylilvixen

Reply by CheekylilvixenGOLD

System Requirements
Can I use a USB microphone?
No, USB microphones are currently not supported for the following reason: They work independently from the computer sound card where the music is coming from. Because of this, the music and microphone cannot be recorded together. The only option you have would be to record from the USB microphone or the sound card. We are looking at alternate ways of supporting a USB microphone in the near future.

ourpeanuts2

Reply by ourpeanuts2

i have a signma tel high definition audio codec sound on my vista dell e521 computer. i have done the show disabled devices and i still have no what u hear or steroe mixer... what kinda sound cards or whatever do u need on computers in order to get the mixers or what u hear options?

split10

Edited reply by split10

This is from personal experience with Vista.
Assuming you have a spare PCI slot, this will give you stereo mix in Vista if you use the old beta drivers, but it has no mic boost.

Things get complex as you move up as creatives new extreme gamer cards dont have stereo mix (creative call it what U hear)
If it was my money, I'd be looking on ebay for a SB0460.
Thats the "Creative Labs Retail X-Fi XtremeMusic" but make sure you get the SB0460.
That will give you mix and mic boost plus 7.1 speakers if you desire and the drivers are not beta and are freely available for Vista. here
Yoi can prolly get one for the same price as the Audigy SE, but its a MUCHH better card!

Kyronae

Reply by Kyronae

Okay, I've been reading through these posts for the last hour and I'm not getting anywhere...

I just bought a laptop with Vista on it. A previous post mentioned my problem... I don't have the same number of options that a desktop supposedly does. If I go into my speaker levels, there is no option to control the mic. Is there a way to get around this, or is this an insurmountable issue?

Currently, I can select the mic and get my voice and no sound, or I can select the stereo mix and get the sound and no voice. Typical situation, I just can't seem to access the levels I need to fix it.

Kyronae

Reply by Kyronae

Okay, I've been reading through these posts for the last hour and I'm not getting anywhere...

I just bought a laptop with Vista on it. A previous post mentioned my problem... I don't have the same number of options that a desktop supposedly does. If I go into my speaker levels, there is no option to control the mic. Is there a way to get around this, or is this an insurmountable issue?

Currently, I can select the mic and get my voice and no sound, or I can select the stereo mix and get the sound and no voice. Typical situation, I just can't seem to access the levels I need to fix it.Kyronae

I should probably add that this is a Toshiba laptop with a Realtek HD Audio sound card.

split10

Reply by split10

Quick question for you....when you enabled stereo mix and set it as default, did you have to reboot?
I have seen this before, and I'm afraid I don't know the fix..
Have a look at a video I made here and stuck on youtube and tell me what you don't see (as in mic level etc)

Kyronae

Reply by Kyronae

It didn't ask me to reboot (Though I tried, to see if it would help).

Everything is right on par with the video, (except there is to "Custom" tab in the microphone properties) right up until you go into the properties for the speakers. When I click on "Levels" the only options available to me are "Realtek HD Audio Output" (which I assume is overall sound), and "PC Beep" (I have no idea what that does). There is no microphone option, which I'm guessing is my issue. If I can't turn up my mic, I have no volume when trying to record my voice... but it just isn't an option.

If there is such a thing, I need a back door way into the mic volume controls, but I'm losing hope on the whole situation.

split10

Edited reply by split10

I think the lack of microphone is the issue here, and I'm afraid I don't know a work round.
There may be some registry hack that exists, but I've not seen on.
Dell do similar on the new Vostro laptops in XP.
See screenies of two I messed with here.
If I ever find a work round I shall post it, but those are not mine to mess with as such.

Meljoy816

Reply by Meljoy816

Like what jason had said on the fiirst page, i did what you said but on the recording i only had one mic showed up and right clicked it like what you said to show device, the stereo mixer showed up but thats it. And i put it on default and follow all your instruction, but still, only my voice got recorded, no music background. Why is it vista had so much issue about audio sound? I never had issue like this on my other laptop i shouldnt get rid off.
Did anybody figured it out? Can anyone share?

Thanks!

Chicago_Roy

Reply by Chicago_Roy

okay thanx

Meljoy816

Reply by Meljoy816

And by the way, mine is Realtek high definition audio it says on my laptop...

JewelryJunkie

Reply by JewelryJunkieGOLD

Okay....I've read everyone's post and I do not have Vista..thank God! I have XP and I've been able to record on Sims AND on Myspace Karaoke with no problem but on SingSnap I have the voice but no music! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missy3333luv

Reply by missy3333luv

i had the same problem with vista and after sorting everything with putting stereo mix on still nothing

then i clicked on properties on the speakers and the microphone was not turned on just check it

Sensimille

Reply by Sensimille

mmk.... what happened to "plug n play"... its now "plug n f%$k around for 4 days"?...

and yea, when's the vista compatible SS coming out? don't mean to be rude but get on the freakin ball people! how long has vista been out? how many people that are subscribing with their hard earned $crilla are wasting said $crilla on a useless (to them) site?

boo. just boo.

Sensimille

Edited reply by Sensimille

as for my recording, it mixes right with the internal mic (but doesn't sound too good) but only voice when i plug in an external mic (with jack, not usb)

HP Pavillion dv9907 (notebook)
Conexant HD Smart Audio 221
Vista Home Premium

simmie

Reply by simmie

omg im so over this vista and singsnap
i do all the changes
1st no voice, next no music. now sound like a munchkin.. my voice sooooooooooo distorted

helppppppppppppppppppppp!!!

Sensimille

Reply by Sensimille

now sound like a munchkin.. my voice sooooooooooo distorted

helppppppppppppppppppppp!!!

simmie

you can sing the "lollipop guild" song from wizard of oz.... lol =p

islandgirl54

Reply by islandgirl54GOLD +1

Today is the first day of the rest of my life *sigh*

9 months later still can't get it to work

spent 7 hours yesterday

done everything anyone tells me

have my voice
no music

can ANYONE help?

deedeetigger

Reply by deedeetigger

wot can i say......!!!!
i have done all as suggested, to no joy.... either just music or just voice.
i have signed up 6 quid .... have gone to sims now, can record there and hear my voice and music.
will keep checking here though.... as more song choice here.
they need to sort it out for vista pretty pronto to keep ppl coming here

islandgirl54

Reply by islandgirl54GOLD +1

Today is the first day of the rest of my life *sigh*

I've spent 8 hours

had 3 people giving up their time to help me
and still nothing

I can sing but no music plays back

I do not have stereo mix anywhere

giving it until midnight tomorrow

then disabling and forgetting about mixer!

singingconfession

Reply by singingconfession

Hi. When I right click and show disabled devices, nothing new appears. I am running Vista Home Premium. Any suggestions?stefalupagus

Having the same problem.

But mine is Vista Home Basic...

I was able to record on Singsnap on this laptop before, but the hard drive crashed and I had to get a new one. I don't know why that would effect the recording.. Makes me sad.. =[
HELP!

Sunny-Fox07

Reply by Sunny-Fox07GOLD

OMGoodness. I have Windows Vista Intel Premium. And finally got the voice and sound to work. The volume will need adjusting...but I do have both working! Thankyou.
It requires going to the page where you record a song.
Right click on the page anywhere. It comes up with allowing the devices, camera, video etc.

Click settings

Then click Allow and Remember

Then click Advanced..

Download Adobe Flash Player!!!!!

When you download this little booger..it will work! Both sound and music. You of course..will have to work out the volume.. The volume on the mic.. will have to be around 94
and the music around 44.

Also, for you like me....at the bottom of your screen on the lower right side...Everyone knows there is a volume button that looks like a speaker to right click. There is also
a little to the left of it.. a RED speaker button..

RED speaker button on the lower right side of the screen
to the left of the regular speaker button.. It has a whole bunch of cool buttons in it. Make sure your sterio mix is default. Then you can play with all the sound effects. It even has kareoke and tuning devices for pitch. Play with it, till it works.

But numero uno...download the adobe flashplayer. It is not automatically on the VISTA..and it only takes seconds to download.

Thankyou to everyone here. I feel each and every one of you must have spent as much time foooling with it as i did.
Good luck!

Sunny

Sunny-Fox07

Reply by Sunny-Fox07GOLD

mmk.... what happened to "plug n play"... its now "plug n f%$k around for 4 days"?...

and yea, when's the vista compatible SS coming out? don't mean to be rude but get on the freakin ball people! how long has vista been out? how many people that are subscribing with their hard earned $crilla are wasting said $crilla on a useless (to them) site?

boo. just boo.Sensimille

please read above.. i promise it will work..
I know
EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN.

Sunny-Fox07

Reply by Sunny-Fox07GOLD

Ok, 500 takes later, I got the volume controls to a tolerable level. On the red button volume,

Right click, Sound Manager

You have stereo mix check marker default.

On recording volume, recordin volume 96, and playback 92.

Then on line in 84, and playback 65.

On Digital output 51.

I have speakers on 70. Make sure you click OK after each adjustment, or it WILL MOVE...VISTA ...arrrrrgggg...

mmk...going to bed now..

Try this and then sing..play with it until it sounds good to you. We spent an hour to get it to sound this good. I'll post again if I get it better later.

PaintedDzrtRose

Reply by PaintedDzrtRose

U R the frigin BOMB....... i had to buy a new comp... W/ VISTA!!
THIS WAS SO HELPFUL.........

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG HUG! *S*

deedeetigger

Reply by deedeetigger

NO DOWNLOADING FLASH DOESNT WORK FOR ME AS THIS WAS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS I DONE WHEN FIRST HAD PROBLEMS.
IM ELSE WHERE NOW BUT WILL KEEP COMEING BACK TOO SEE IF THEY HAVE RECITIFED IT FOR US VISTA USERS.... AS IT WORKS PERFECT ON OTHER SITE IM ON

BOOOOOO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FIXED BY NOW

Sensimille

Reply by Sensimille

hmmmmmm d/ling the flash made it better, but i see no red speaker button =p

wingsmagee

Reply by wingsmageeGOLD

Vista is not compatible with singsnap although it works great with singshot.com Although I do love singsnap but I need music to sing to with my new laptop and singshot now known as sims on stage works perfect with vista. I will use singsnap with my desk top now and singshot with my laptop. nOW AS SOON AS VISTA WORKS WITH SINGSNAP I AM ALL THERE.. hOPEW THIS HELPS THOSE WHO STILL WISH TO SING..

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +22

Vista is not compatible with singsnap although it works great with singshot.com Although I do love singsnap but I need music to sing to with my new laptop and singshot now known as sims on stage works perfect with vista. I will use singsnap with my desk top now and singshot with my laptop. nOW AS SOON AS VISTA WORKS WITH SINGSNAP I AM ALL THERE.. hOPEW THIS HELPS THOSE WHO STILL WISH TO SING..wingsmagee

SingSnap is currently compatible with Most Vista Users, However, some Vista sound drivers have removed the Stereo Mix Needed to Record with the Current Recorder. Staff is currently working on a New Recorder that will work with any OS and USB mics. This new recorder is currently in the last steps of testing and will be going public to the site soon.

Rob

GreenPixieIL

Reply by GreenPixieIL

help!!! brought a new laptop from dell and inspiron and i have tried everything everyone had done above and i get get either voice or no music or music and no voice.I wnat to pay for Gold but will not until I can get this resolved and know i can sing and record with voice and music. Please help.
i have microphone in and playback Capture are the only options that show up even with clicking what they recommended above if line in is enabled i get voice if playback capture is enabled i get music. aaawww this is soo frustrating.

GreenPixieIL

Reply by GreenPixieIL

it is a IDT High Definition Audio Codec