I don't get it!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 727 times and 38 replies have been made.

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Post by Shalimar

Why even comment on someone's recording if you don't listen! I always listen, ALWAYS! Isn't that what music is for???!!!! TO HEAR!!!!!!!

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

No replies, well that's OK, because basically I am asking the same question that many people have already asked so MANY times! It just bugs me, I'm not a singer but it sure would be nice if people actually listened to me, and told the truth afterwards, if I suck, so be it! I respect honestly more than crapola! lol

TanLEVEL 44

Reply by TanGOLD

5*****s to you
Awesome sing

like that ya mean?

TanLEVEL 44

Reply by TanGOLD

it is just par for the course....just delete it and go on...no sense in letting it rain on your parade.

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

5*****s to you
Awesome sing

like that ya mean?ladylikepsych

lol YEAH!

Thanks for responding!

TanLEVEL 44

Reply by TanGOLD

;o)

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

it is just par for the course....just delete it and go on...no sense in letting it rain on your parade.ladylikepsych

You're right, and I know you're right BUT, it bugs me! I don't lose any sleep over it, BUT, it bugs me, kinda. lol

TanLEVEL 44

Reply by TanGOLD

some days more than others...it happens

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

some days more than others...it happens ladylikepsych

I agree!

CheekylilvixenLEVEL 2

Edited reply by CheekylilvixenGOLD

patience my dear, you only posted this about 20 minutes ago. It is dinner time for most or getting ready for bed, for some.

I agree with Lady. Then their is those who just hit auto-pilot and comment on 100 songs in less than 2 seconds so that they get comments back; obviously, they don't listen but yet expect listens back LOL. You are also correct, this question has been asked a thousand times, and that could also be a reason for lack of responses. As lady said, just shrug it off and don't let it get to ya

typomaniacLEVEL 2

Reply by typomaniac

I always listen ... to the whole song.

TanLEVEL 44

Edited reply by TanGOLD

I do listen to the whole song too.....unless the phone rings...or life calls....or my ears are bleeding....(but if that is the case I don't say anything)

typomaniacLEVEL 2

Reply by typomaniac

Well,
I should say ..
I listen if there is a singer singing the songs... ROTFLOL!!
A few songs that I have clicked on, there was no vocals, Hehehe!
The first time it happened I thought I had broken something on my computer. I spent a good 10 to 20 minutes trying to figure out which plug or wire had come loose! LOL!

TanLEVEL 44

Reply by TanGOLD

Well,
I should say ..
The first time it happened I thought I had broken something on my computer. I spent a good 10 to 20 minutes trying to figure out which plug or wire had come loose! LOL!

typomaniac

hehe.....that is fun to do on one of those days...but I don't endorse it.....not really

typomaniacLEVEL 2

Reply by typomaniac

Well,
I should say ..

typomaniac

hehe.....that is fun to do on one of those days...but I don't endorse it.....not reallyladylikepsych

I didn't read others comments before .. I would listen to the song and make my comment .. go to the next song ..
First time I ever tried to listen to a song like that .. I couldn't find anything wrong with my computer, went back to the song
.. and saw so many comments on how well they sang.

It finally dawned on me what the singer had done, after reading the few comments that had been made about there not being any vocals there.

Now when I see someone has just recorded a 'blank' or only the music. Sometimes I will comment on the fact that there are no vocals. At other times I will make some type of remark .. not the "Excellent and singing! Way to gooo", type of remark, but just a comment to let the person know I was there.

I think it's good for people to do a song without singing it every now and then. I do miss hearing the song when this happens, especially when I really like to hear the person that does this sing.
People don't realize how many wonderful songs they miss by not listening.

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

I always listen ... to the whole song.typomaniac

People like you are few and far beyween! That is the truth! REALLY!

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

patience my dear, you only posted this about 20 minutes ago. It is dinner time for most or getting ready for bed, for some.

I agree with Lady. Then their is those who just hit auto-pilot and comment on 100 songs in less than 2 seconds so that they get comments back; obviously, they don't listen but yet expect listens back LOL. You are also correct, this question has been asked a thousand times, and that could also be a reason for lack of responses. As lady said, just shrug it off and don't let it get to ya Cheekylilvixen

I do mostly, but I dunno.. sometimes I dunno, It bugs me.

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

Life goes on... and that's just the way it is.... but, sometimes it's a disappointment when the realization hits you that people aren't hearing what you put your heart & soul into???????? Or maybe it's just me?????????

RugerLEVEL 41

Edited reply by Ruger

Everyone gets caught up trying to be everywhere at once, so as not to hurt someone's feelings. If someone really loves your singing...they will be there and you will know who they are, they will let you know what a great sing you put forth. You sure can sing sweety...that's the truth!!!

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

Everyone gets caught up trying to be everywhere at once, so as not to hurt someone's feelings. If someone really loves your singing...they will be there and you will know who they are, they will let you know what a great sing you put forth. You sure can sing sweety...that's the truth!!!whisperingghost

You know what, I love you so much, but then you know that don't you?!! Well of course you do!!

hobo56

Reply by hobo56

Everyone gets caught up trying to be everywhere at once, so as not to hurt someone's feelings. If someone really loves your singing...they will be there and you will know who they are, they will let you know what a great sing you put forth. You sure can sing sweety...that's the truth!!!whisperingghost

well said its a big place and its really hard to get everybody and we cant be on here 24 /7 so some do it one way others do it another . its all done on ones own free will . some just do it to get listens some do it because they enjoy hearing someone sing. me im just about ready to just sing and put all my songs in private and enjoy singing . not because someone doesnt comment or listen to me . just so i dont get labeled like others do for not commenting or return listening as fast as some would like me too . it is hard to get around and hit all my friends and i miss getting to them alot .

Carl_LEVEL 2

Reply by Carl_

Many people don't listen and copy and paste their comments so they can comment on as many songs as possible to get return visits. They are like this:

(¯`'·.¸(¯©©NEVER LISTENED©©¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)©
(¯`'·.¸©©NOT INTERESTED©©¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)©¯'
(¯`'·.¸©©¯`'·.¸©©JUST WANT©©¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)
(¯`'·.¸¯`'·.¸©©RETURN VIEWS©©¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)
(¯`'·.¸'·.¸©©& COMMENTS TOO©©¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)©
(¯`'·.¸(¯ BUT NOT SPAM PLEASE¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)©
(¯`'·.¸(¯ AS I GIVE IT BUT DON'T¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)©
(¯`'·.¸(¯ WANT IT IN RETURN!!!!!!!¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)©

I always listen when I comment and I try to say something personal so they know that I have listened. Very often I also leave multiplie comments on a song. Then they can see how long I have listened if they look at the time between my comments.

typomaniacLEVEL 2

Reply by typomaniac

I am in full agreement with you whisperingghost. Shalimar can sing!
I remember the very first song I ever heard her sing ..

'Ironic' by Alanis Morissette ..

I didn't comment on it though .. Such a wonderful job she did on that song .. I didn't know what to say!
That's how much she impressed me.

cantareLEVEL 6

Reply by cantare

'Ironic' by Alanis Morissette ..

I didn't comment on it though .. typomaniac

This may be the first instance of actual irony connected with this song...what with there being none in the lyrics.

MonkenLEVEL 29

Reply by Monken

They are like this:

Carl_

On my last recording American pie I didn't sing a note and still got a few comments on my "awesome singing". lol

typomaniacLEVEL 2

Reply by typomaniac

They are like this:

Carl_

On my last recording American pie I didn't sing a note and still got a few comments on my "awesome singing". lolMonken

LOL!! What a coincidence. The very first person that I ever didn't get to listen to, no vocals, no music .. and lots of "Wonderful song and singing!!" comments to him! Made me look my computer over and check each and every setting concerning my sound card .. I checked everything ..to see where and what I had messed up or broke. LOL!!

Hi Carl, ..

{I saw those comments... You are a talented pianist and singer .. ... People really do not know what they miss out on when they don't listen and just leave a comment and run.}

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

They are like this:

Carl_

On my last recording American pie I didn't sing a note and still got a few comments on my "awesome singing". lolMonken

LOL!! What a coincidence. The very first person that I ever didn't get to listen to, no vocals, no music .. and lots of "Wonderful song and singing!!" comments to him! Made me look my computer over and check each and every setting concerning my sound card .. I checked everything ..to see where and what I had messed up or broke. LOL!!

Hi Carl, ..

{I saw those comments... You are a talented pianist and singer .. ... People really do not know what they miss out on when they don't listen and just leave a comment and run.} typomaniac

This is true!

ShyLynnLEVEL 3

Reply by ShyLynn

No, it's not just you Shalimar.

I talk a lot in my recordings. I know EXACTLY who listens and for how long.

The people that actually listen become my friends and I make a point of trying to listen to all their recordings (within reason.. some sing 10 songs a day!) and if I listen, I listen to the whole song.

What's the point otherwise? I don't get it either.

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

No, it's not just you Shalimar.

I talk a lot in my recordings. I know EXACTLY who listens and for how long.

The people that actually listen become my friends and I make a point of trying to listen to all their recordings (within reason.. some sing 10 songs a day!) and if I listen, I listen to the whole song.

What's the point otherwise? I don't get it either.Monique

I KNOW! I listen because I WANT to hear how they interpret their music! Makes no difference if they are stellar performers!

kyafirstLEVEL 50

Reply by kyafirstGOLD

Sometimes comments aren't what they seem and by that I mean you can't always tell who is listening and who isn't.

To some it might appear I am not listening because I will often go load up a bunch of songs to listen to while I am cleaning house or doing hubbys paperwork so I don't comment right then and there but I do go back and leave a comment. So at first glance if someone is watching it might look like I have just popped in to the song and dropped a comment but in reality I may have already listened to the song once or even more if the player has gone through more than once.

I know there are those that will throw comments on songs without listening at all but it isn't always the case..

woollie2002LEVEL 21

Edited reply by woollie2002

Good Topic.and here are my two cents.
I always listen to the whole song, why would I not? Cause sometimes the ending could also be different, a giggle or anything.I would hate to miss that. And on some the killer smile at the end makes me smile also.
I feel I would be a phoney if I just pop in and leave a comment and hurry on to the next one.
But now again I noticed a NEWBIE is catching on to the paste and run commenting.
Two songs in one second!! So I just shrug it off. Makes me think though why someone does that. Cause knowing that person tried to pretend he listened to both, which we all know is not possible. Now of course I have no way of knowing if he stayed after the second song for a few bars or not......LOL
I don't care how many comments I get, I am a lousy singer and don't worry about a lot of comments, my friends put up with me and support me....LOL. I don't need the hit and run comments.

Yeah Carl I remember your beautiful piano playing and also saw some stupid comments about how great your singing was.

I had same thing happening to me.I did a poem and was told beautiful song and singing......there was no singing at all.........LOL.

so Yeah that is life.............smile.....
Have a wonderful day all.and keep singing!!

(edited for being again QUEEN of typos...lol)

woollie2002LEVEL 21

Reply by woollie2002

OMG sorry for the novel!! I just kept typing 'n typing.....lol

typomaniacLEVEL 2

Edited reply by typomaniac

woollie2002,

#1.) You cannot be Queen Of Typo's .. that is my realm of expertise!

#2.) You are a wonderful singer. The gentle tone and way you sing makes any song you choose a pleasure to hear.

#3.) I remember that very beautiful poem (and the comments about the "fantastic singing.")
I loved that poem and you made it go *Poof*.. :*( ...

I sound like a broken record, but people really do not know what they miss out on when they 'hit and run'.

Edit to add: You don't write novels either. I do. !!
Just ask anyone who has ever received a P.M. from me!

JaneymeLEVEL 24

Reply by Janeyme

I dont comment that often so when I listen, I listen if that makes sense lol

ShalimarLEVEL 2

Reply by Shalimar

I dont comment that often so when I listen, I listen if that makes sense lolJaneyme

Makes sense, ditto!

singerladyLEVEL 2

Reply by singerlady

I always listen to a full song...and then comment..i have been known to comment sometimes while i am listening to a song..but if i do that i always still finish listening to the whole song.
I have been busy lately so i haven't been able to catch up my listening..or recording..i haven't recorded in months lol..i miss it so much,.! everytime i try i just can't seen to get it right either!! lol!
But even though i hardly ever get any comments when i record a song..i don't really care..i just know that I put all my heart and soul into every song that I sing..and have a blast singing them.
I am very blessed to have great friends that the friend that sponsered me as agold member...I have thanked her a million different times and i will thank her a hundred more times too lol..!! She is the best!! I need to get here more often so i use my new gold membership to its full advantage!! Yay!! And listen to more songs!!

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

I do listen to the whole song too.....unless the phone rings...or life calls....or my ears are bleeding....(but if that is the case I don't say anything)ladylikepsych

Bwahaha... if your ears are bleeding you should call 911.

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

I have never, repeat, never, ever and never ever will copy and paste a comment on someone's recording. Give me a stack of Bibles and I'll swear.

If I don't like what I hear I leave the building on my tip toes... hehe. :))

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

P.S. This is another good reason for the 'Approve Comments' feature I so wish for... ::hint, hint, Per::