Blue

This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help. It has been viewed 17,605 times and 649 replies have been made.

Next >>
Texas-TamiLEVEL 85

Post by Texas-TamiGOLD +2 +3

Love me like Lightning ...... Kiss me like Rain

Is it true that if we are BLUE on July 15th you guys are going to delete all our recorded songs but 5 ?

cannotsing24LEVEL 108

Reply by cannotsing24GOLD +6 +3

Never heard of that???

OriginalsLEVEL 74

Reply by OriginalsGOLD

Cant see them doing that

Texas-TamiLEVEL 85

Reply by Texas-TamiGOLD +2 +3

Me either. But that is what I was told by a good source. Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard it. I’m BLUE so I’m concerned

aniretak92

Reply by aniretak92

Oh it's real all right. Tami, you're gold right now, so you probably didn't get this email:

Hello,

We wanted to reach out to give you the heads up to some changes that will be happening to your account on SingSnap. Starting Wednesday, July 15th, the number of recordings Blue SingSnap Members (free accounts) can keep will decrease from 100 to 5. You currently have more than five recordings, so we're sending you this to give you the opportunity to either retain your recordings or select which five you would like to keep prior to these changes being implemented.

What can I do?

- Log into your SingSnap account, go to your recordings & selectively remove some of your recordings until you've decreased the number to the allowed maximum of 5.

What happens if I do nothing?

- If you choose to take no action, on July 15th, your recordings will be deleted starting with the earliest you have recorded, until you are at the allowed maximum of 5.

What if I don't want to remove any of my recordings?

- To help ease this transition - and to coincide with SingSnap entering our 15th year in business, Trevor would like to invite you to become a Gold member at the original pricing SingSnap had when we first started so many years ago! This will allow you to save an unlimited amount of recordings, plus enjoy all of the other amazing benefits that a GOLD membership provides!

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

Reply by Bucks_FizzGOLD +1

Cant see them doing thatOriginals

I didn't think it could be true either, but I've been told by someone who checked with Staff and this is apparently true.

OriginalsLEVEL 74

Reply by OriginalsGOLD

I didn't think it could be true either, but I've been told by someone who checked with Staff and this is apparently true. Bucks_Fizz

Oh, bit of a drastic change if its true!

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

I didn't think it could be true either, but I've been told by someone who checked with Staff and this is apparently true. Bucks_Fizz

Oh, bit of a drastic change if its true!Originals

Indeed!

CurlyshirleyLEVEL 99

Edited reply by CurlyshirleyGOLD +2

Very Harsh.

A lot of people will be looking else where to sing because of this i think.

Speaking as a gold member.
Also, If you have been a gold member for a long time and suddenly you cant be any more then all the songs you did as a gold member should not be taken away from you.

They where a purchase you have paid for so should not be taken off you because you have turned blue. You cant sing them again once you have turned blue after all. some may be memories for someone who they lost and can come back here to listen to there mother, father, son, daughter or a relative they have lost who did 100's of songs but when it turned to blue they still at least had 100 to visit will now be reduced to 5 because there gold had turned blue.

Its not like we can download them to keep if you cant stay gold.

So in my personal opinion no song should be deleted when you paid to be able to sing it in the first place.

OriginalsLEVEL 74

Edited reply by OriginalsGOLD

I agree,anything sang whilst gold should be yours until "YOU" delete, or what are we actually paying for? 90% of songs now are what WE uploaded but we dont get any money for it,so especially if we uploaded the song and recorded it,it should be ours, i know servers cost money and staff etc but come on 5 recordings?? From 100 to 50 understandle, 100 to 5 diabolical. Without us the business would not be here, come on 5 is ridiculous,people will go elsewere

Texas-TamiLEVEL 85

Oh it's real all right. Tami, you're gold right now, so you probably didn't get this email:

Hello,

We wanted to reach out to give you the heads up to some changes that will be happening to your account on SingSnap. Starting Wednesday, July 15th, the number of recordings Blue SingSnap Members (free accounts) can keep will decrease from 100 to 5. You currently have more than five recordings, so we're sending you this to give you the opportunity to either retain your recordings or select which five you would like to keep prior to these changes being implemented.

What can I do?

- Log into your SingSnap account, go to your recordings & selectively remove some of your recordings until you've decreased the number to the allowed maximum of 5.

What happens if I do nothing?

- If you choose to take no action, on July 15th, your recordings will be deleted starting with the earliest you have recorded, until you are at the allowed maximum of 5.

What if I don't want to remove any of my recordings?

- To help ease this transition - and to coincide with SingSnap entering our 15th year in business, Trevor would like to invite you to become a Gold member at the original pricing SingSnap had when we first started so many years ago! This will allow you to save an unlimited amount of recordings, plus enjoy all of the other amazing benefits that a GOLD membership provides!aniretak92

May Texas-tami account is Blue.. this saddens me to my core.. I joined this site in 2013 and hate the thought of my memories being deleted.. how oh how do I pick and choose 5 out of hundreds of songs that have some great memories attached..

I can't understand why Trevor or anyone sees the need to do this.. not everyone can afford a Gold membership and this place is an escape for so many.. especially the lonely.. My heart is troubled and overwhelmed..But I'm not in charge so I guess this is just how it is..

I think you will loose lots of people do to this move.. I hope it was made with all of us in mind..

thank you for letting me know ..

OriginalsLEVEL 74

Reply by OriginalsGOLD

Especially now when many people are not allowed to go out cause of isolating

OriginalsLEVEL 74

Reply by OriginalsGOLD

Also to Admin: why only blue members mailed about this? Shouldent we All know? If we had no choice to turn blue and knew nothing about it,then suddenly we got 5 recordings,no time to choose,hardly right

Texas-TamiLEVEL 85

Edited reply by Texas-TamiGOLD +2 +3

Also to Admin: why only blue members mailed about this? Shouldent we All know? If we had no choice to turn blue and knew nothing about it,then suddenly we got 5 recordings,no time to choose,hardly rightOriginals

Thats my question as well.. this effects us ALL.. no one of us knows when the day will come that we might have to go BLUE..

I'm just at a loss.. this world is in a mess and so many people are hurting financially.. just bad timing and all of us should of got the same message

Texas-TamiLEVEL 85

This is my thinking.. I've paid for everyone of them damn songs when I was GOLD and no one has the right to take them away from me

Okay I'm done venting.. guess I'd better get deleting so I can at least pick my top 5

eaglesflightLEVEL 51

Reply by eaglesflightPATRON +2 +2

this news saddens me I have grown to love being able to come on here and sing when I feel like it that makes me so happy and with the way things are in the world today with the covid19 we are safe on this side of the screen.... 2020 really does suck this is just one more thing to add to the terrible year we are all going thru I will have to leave the site I cannot afford to be a gold member I am sure there is many more free sight out there
I will miss the wonderful talent on singsnap as well as the friends I have made
I do not want to have to choose 5 recording out of all the ones I made each song I sang meant something to me at the time I sang it !
so I guess July 15th I will shed a few tears and delete singsnap sadly

ZZ-EdLEVEL 67

Edited reply by ZZ-EdGOLD

feeling a bit skeptical....

ZZ-EdLEVEL 67

Reply by ZZ-EdGOLD

Hmmm. Saw it mentioned in another thread.

It's becoming a little more believable.

Still...I like to see some SS comment.

MasquaradeLEVEL 70

Reply by Masquarade

Just saw this pop up in my email. What I read between the lines of this announcement and all the extended sales that he was running is a death knell for this site, and that Trevor is simply trying to squeeze the last tiny bit of money out of people before the business dies completely.

I was considering becoming active again, but as a result of this move I will not be coming back to this site EVER.

As for the rest of the inmates, consider carefully the permanence of your recordings on this site. Let your membership lapse and years of songs and memories are gone.

Texas-TamiLEVEL 85

Just saw this pop up in my email. What I read between the lines of this announcement and all the extended sales that he was running is a death knell for this site, and that Trevor is simply trying to squeeze the last tiny bit of money out of people before the business dies completely.

I was considering becoming active again, but as a result of this move I will not be coming back to this site EVER.

As for the rest of the inmates, consider carefully the permanence of your recordings on this site. Let your membership lapse and years of songs and memories are gone.Masquarade

I think there is lots of money from the site.. I dont feel its going to die one bit.. but all I can say is we paid for a recorded service and should be able to keep it..
Sorry your leaving us.. but totally understand

MasquaradeLEVEL 70

Reply by Masquarade

As for the rest of the inmates, consider carefully the permanence of your recordings on this site. Let your membership lapse and years of songs and memories are gone.Masquarade

I think there is lots of money from the site.. I dont feel its going to die one bit.. but all I can say is we paid for a recorded service and should be able to keep it..
Sorry your leaving us.. but totally understandTexas-Tami

I may be wrong, but we all know this site has not kept up technologically. My theory is that it is continuing to bleed members as they find better places to sing. Eventually there will no longer be a critical mass of people to sustain activity resulting in even faster losses. Finally the site will shut down. But hey, I totally understand your loyalty to this site. I spent a lot of time here too which is why I looked at the announcements...

BCSchmerker2LEVEL 91

Reply by BCSchmerker2

That's a shock! I wonder whether there's an issue converting pre-existing Recordings (shockwave-flash files) to the video file format the new SingSnap® will use?

Darman48LEVEL 31

Reply by Darman48GOLD

I paid for the right to record, these belong to me, find a way to turn them into an MP3 or some other format and GIVE ME MY SONGS. dont tell me I will lose them, some took days to get right, many cost a membership in order to be able to record them. find a way to make them mine, even if I have t pay again some small amount do not take away something that came from me that I may never be able to create again due to age or health. this is WRONG.

DerekgnrLEVEL 41

Reply by Derekgnr

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. But I saw something like this coming. The whole lowering gold while the pandemic was going on I didn't agree with either. It was part of "Singsnap cares". They care alright, they cared about getting more gold members while the free members got absolutely nothing. I said something about that a while back and all I got was "it's a business blah blah blah". I've been on this site since 2007. It was a great community. Then it slowly started becoming more of a make more money site. I've been gold multiple times and I agree with others that we should keep all those songs since we paid for them.

kiddosmumLEVEL 104

Reply by kiddosmumGOLD

This news has really made me sad. I have been a member on SS since 2007 & most of that time I was a gold member but because of circumstances have been blue for sometime now. I have recordings where I sang with my mum before her dementia got too bad, she went to heaven 2013. I also have recordings when I sang with 4 of my 5 sons, such wonderful memories. How do I choose what recordings to keep. I understand fully why SS want us to purchase gold but that's not always possible. We should be allowed to keep our songs & maybe SS could make this rule of keeping 5 songs as from now not impose it on folk that have been loyal for years erasing such special memories. I just don't know what to do.

drumdudeLEVEL 12

Edited reply by drumdude

Here's the full text of the email that I received last Friday, June 12.

------
Although a long time member(January 2008), I have not been actively singing here for quite some time(November 2011). I am currently deciding as to whether I should buy the reduced rate of $7 a month or $70 a year(versus the current rate of $12 a month or $120 a year). Here's the purchase page display when I clicked on "PURCHASE".

---------
I am assuming that if you did not receive this email; your BLUE membership is safe from the new recording threshold of 5 versus the normal 100 recordings AND that you are not eligible for the reduced rate.

Ro71LEVEL 52

Reply by Ro71GOLD

This is Not ok. I had gold while I made my recordings but haven’t been active for a while. I have a gold gift membership in my account that I was going to activate whenever I felt up to recording again but if everything up to the last 5 recordings gets erased if I have an inactive period again it is less of a point to it, isn’t it. Don’t think I can afford to pay for gold just to store these recordings and to be honest I don’t have that many and they aren’t too good. I guess I will have to let it go.
I guess gold paid for music rights in the past and now it pays for the server space as well?
May I suggest a “silver” level that only pays for the server space?

MgSacto

Edited reply by MgSactoGOLD

In my opinion .... if storage space is an issue ... they should consider placing a limit on Gold members who have over a stupid number like 10,000 songs ... or maybe even 5,000 ... I mean at some point with that many songs there has to be tons of duplicates on some accounts .. I click on some song archives and I see the same person singing the same Buddy Holly song over and over ... That is ridiculous ... I regularly go through my own archives and if there is a song I have recorded more than 5 or 6 times ... I browse through them .... keep the ones I like and delete the others ... Some people need to get real ... I have been here since Jan 2008 .. Do I think people are going to go back to listen to me sing Merle Haggard in 2011 or Ricky Nelson in 2014 ... I am sure I could remove 2000 songs without even blinking .. Let the blue members keep their minimum 100 songs ..

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 88

Reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD

^^^ I agree 100% and I am working on removing a lot of mine, did so last night for 2 hours and it will take some time!

flatduckLEVEL 59

Edited reply by flatduckGOLD

if they keep 5 songs that means they can t record anything where s the fun , if you going to come here just to be member and only listen ............pretty sad

Jubi

Reply by JubiGOLD

My friends, favs, and fans are the best ! Luv y'all

In my opinion .... if storage space is an issue ... they should consider placing a limit on Gold members who have over a stupid number like 10,000 songs ... or maybe even 5,000 ... I mean at some point with that many songs there has to be tons of duplicates on some accounts .. I click on some song archives and I see the same person singing the same Buddy Holly song over and over ... That is ridiculous ... I regularly go through my own archives and if there is a song I have recorded more than 5 or 6 times ... I browse through them .... keep the ones I like and delete the others ... Some people need to get real ... I have been here since Jan 2008 .. Do I think people are going to go back to listen to me sing Merle Haggard in 2011 or Ricky Nelson in 2014 ... I am sure I could remove 2000 songs without even blinking .. Let the blue members keep their minimum 100 songs ..MgSacto

I have been here since 2007 and have 108 public songs. I did not get that small number of songs by hardly ever singing, but by deleting older songs and saving the new. I have a little over one year before my membership goes away. If this news is true, all but five of my songs will go away. How sad that the blue members might not be able to keep at least 100 of their songs

Andi_BeckhamLEVEL 64

Reply by Andi_BeckhamGOLD

I'm very upset about this. When I signed up I did not hesitate to be a paid member. I always used the app on my tablet where I could use a landscape version and have much better sound quality than my laptop.
Since they updated due to ios updates, the app is not set up as landscape version and the typographical errors are just awful. I don't know if it's because of the portrait view only what. Anyway, I halted my gold membership until it is fixed, as I have two paid years sitting in my account waiting to be applied. Now to add insult to injury I'm losing all but five of my songs.

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 88

Reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD

It would be nice if the staff would chime in, just saying!

I might be doing all this deleting and not make a hill of beans, so maybe I will stop!

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 88

Reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD

I have a grandfathered price and then I have a $39.00 in stash that I wish I had not bought cause it might be blown in the wind.

I was deleting to maybe help others, seems it won't help anyone!

Time_Passages

Reply by Time_PassagesGOLD

Here's the full text of the email that I received last Friday, June 12.

------
Although a long time member(January 2008), I have not been actively singing here for quite some time(November 2011). I am currently deciding as to whether I should buy the reduced rate of $7 a month or $70 a year(versus the current rate of $12 a month or $120 a year). Here's the purchase page display when I clicked on "PURCHASE".

---------
I am assuming that if you did not receive this email; your BLUE membership is safe from the new recording threshold of 5 versus the normal 100 recordings AND that you are not eligible for the reduced rate.drumdude

What an excellent deal - going back to subscription rates from 2011. If I didn't take advantage of the sales earlier for $39US, I would certainly consider it if my annual was coming up. Regarding the reduction of 100 free recordings to 5 - that is another point of discussion that people will get emotional about.

And Rhonda...deleting won't make a difference to others who might be in this boat and have to make a decision. I'll be deleting older recordings but have been thinking about it for some time now. Counts, views, etc. don't mean a darn thing to me anymore.

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 88

Reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD

^^^ Thank you!

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 88

Edited reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD

I have always dearly loved Singsnap and hope to continue!

ZZ-EdLEVEL 67

Reply by ZZ-EdGOLD

(my too long to read post)

Pretty upsetting ...right?

But...

What you "paid for" is whatever you agreed to when you joined.

Even now if you are Gold and go back to blue...then all but the most recent 100 are deleted.

There is no "I earned" anything.

Just like people who think they "deserve" something are wrong.

If you pay to have a website...and you have it for 10 years...have you "earned" the right to keep it if you stop paying for it?

Lots of Internet businesses are built on FREE...FREE....FREE...

Until it's not.

You can't blame a fellow for trying to keep the money flowing.
Who knows what the real numbers are these days.
With the world economy doing what it's doing now...
Could be this might be seen as a strategy to keep SS afloat.

Or maybe he's just one greedy S.O.B.

If that's so, that's just as valid a reason as any.

It's called free enterprise.

----------------------------------------------------

Once upon at time there was a fellow who did something rather remarkable. He was fluent in machine language and wrote an audio editing program that would run on an inexpensive computer. This was no small feat. (it was a very long time ago you understand) And...part of his pitch was a "lifetime upgrade and support" deal.

Well...that lasted quite a few years but then...you know what?

It ended.

He did it by abandoning the program. Declaring the business no longer in existence and forming a NEW company with a NEW name and a much more sophisticated version of the exact same program.

Was this fair?

Probably not. But he did it and is still plugging away to this day.

The moral to this story is...

Sometimes in business people are so desperate to be successful that more is promised than can realistically be delivered....FOREVER.

Free use of SS is a pretty good deal, don't you think?

And you can't be blamed for being sore if the Ice Cream truck that delivered you free Ice Cream for the last 10 years all-of-a-sudden runs out of gas.

Simply count your blessings that you got fat off of someone else's time and effort in the first place.

Those who pay NOTHING are NOT customers so....

Losing them will probably not cause SS management to lose much sleep.

Harsh.

But, I think, true.

(If you reached this point in my little rant, then obviously you have too much free time on your hands and you need to find something more useful to do. Like...gardening...maybe ...that might be nice. Think of all the fresh air. Away from this computer!)

Lavender79LEVEL 101

Reply by Lavender79GOLD +2 +1

This comes as a Shock for sure.....
reading all, I also believe Mike MrSacto and Jubi hit the nail on the head also with us in Gold... I need to get more responsible for my abundance and give it serious attention which may also help anywhere I sing. Tami thanks for Sharing this Important Info ~Lavender79

wellfieldLEVEL 68

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Hmmm'...this is the biggest surprise I've came across on Singsnap...good thing .just renewed my gold when it was $39...they should have made this decision while the $39 sale was on

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 88

Reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD

Thanks for the thread and all of the input!

After sleeping on it, I will not let the $39.00 blow in the wind, I will give it to someone else unless this site goes under!

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

I just think Singsnap should be making it known to all members so that we don't have to find out via a blue member. Bear in mind some gold members will not see the message boards as they don't look here. After all, everyone is here for a slightly different experience right? I get that they have a right to change things whenever they like, but surely if when we signed up to the site we signed up under one set off rules, how can you just change that so drastically at the drop of a hat? Maybe change the rules for new members signing up. It's then their choice to decide whether they want to do that or not. However, I still think cutting down to 5 is pretty drastic and imo won't encourage new members at all.

Another thing that crossed my mind with this. Trevor makes accounts for the Singsnap angels gold if asked, which is very generous. However, if a member has less than 100 recordings presumably relatives don't ask as it's not necessary. So what will happen there? Will all of their recordings just disappear. A relative may then come back to listen to find only 5 recordings left. How very sad.

A proper announcement from Trevor, Novella or Staff would be welcomed here by many members. If "Singsnap cares" surely we should be kept informed properly of what is going on. Especially if we have paid out money for gold to hang on to and use as and when we need it. Or should we be worried that the rules on that will change too?

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

People, read the terms of use of this, and any other site that you use, and if you don't agree with their terms, then don't use the site! For this site, you can find those terms at the bottom of every page!

wellfieldLEVEL 68

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

People, read the terms of use of this, and any other site that you use, and if you don't agree with their terms, then don't use the site! For this site, you can find those terms at the bottom of every page!jeannetteb

I agree with you Jeannette,but the site staff keep quoting how we are all one big family,and are different from other sites,and Trevor & Novella giving their heartfelt video speeches...'Bucks Fizz hit the nail on the head by saying Trevor or Novella should have brought up this prior to dropping this "BLUE BOMBSHELL'....This was not handled properly at all.

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Yes, we're a great big family, but this is Trevor's house and he has all the rights that go with owning it, not you, nor I, we're just visiting!

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

Yes, we're a great big family, but this is Trevor's house and he has all the rights that go with owning it, not you, nor I, we're just visiting!jeannetteb

It is his house Jeanette but if he is changing the rules he still needs to let us know. The change mentioned in this thread is not mentioned on the site anywhere as far a I can see. The terms and conditions do not mention specifics. You can't just say we can change the rules but then not notify of the changes. You have to advise of the changes you make otherwise how do people know!

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

No, they don't have to advise! Not legally!

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Anyway, I personally, don't have a problem with whatever change they make, because if I'm on here, it's because I accepted their terms! And that's all!

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Oh, and BTW, he did advise those concerned, he sent them an e-mail, and normally, when your gold is close to expiring, you receive an e-mail informing you, before it happens, and it tells you that when, and if, your accounts becomes blue, you will only have space for a determined number of recordings, being what that number will be at the time that happens!

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Ok, I'm out of here! Have a great day!

socomicefoxLEVEL 80

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Voting full democrat on my ballot.

People, read the terms of use of this, and any other site that you use, and if you don't agree with their terms, then don't use the site! For this site, you can find those terms at the bottom of every page!jeannetteb

LMFAO ^^^

Next >>