MERLE HAGGARD TRIBUTE

This topic is listed in Birthdays, Dedications & Tributes. It has been viewed 1,300 times and 50 replies have been made.

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

Edited post by yellowRose2013GOLD

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

Edited reply by yellowRose2013GOLD

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

DO NOT POST YOUR SS TRIBUTE SONGS HERE...

YOU MAY HOWEVER POST YOUTUBE SONGS AND RECORDINGS.. POST THOUGHTS ABOUT MERLE, youTube VIDEOS, EXPERIENCES, POEMS, NOTES, PHOTOS MEMORIES AND MESSAGES OF TRIBUTE TO MERLE AND HIS FAMILY ETC HERE ON THIS TOPIC... HOWEVER TO POST YOUR SONGS ON OUR ANNIVERSARY TRIBUTE TO MERLE HAGGARD PLAYLIST PLEASE GO TO
a Taste of County... BY CLICKING HERE OR THE LINK BELOW, ***NEW RECORDINGS IF POSSIBLE.. IN ORDER FOR IT TO BE A REAL TRIBUTE IT SHOULD BE A RECORDING MADE THIS WEEK.. BUT IF YOU ARE ILL OR AWAY AND CANNOT SING FRESH I WILL ACCEPT SONGS SUNG PREVIOUSLY... UP TO THREE SONGS PER MEMBER.
THANKS, Rose

MY PARTNER HERE ON a Taste of Country, TED (OLDERSINGER75) IS A CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND OF MERLE'S FOR OVER 50 YEARS... TED SAW MERLE IN THE HOSPITAL JUST TWO WEEKS BEFORE HE PASSED... TED WILL BE VIEWING THIS WHEN HE IS ABLE TO GET ON HIS LAPTOP AGAIN AND I AM QUITE SURE HE WILL TELL HIS FRIEND THERESA (MERLE'S WIFE) WHAT HE FINDS HERE...

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

THERE ARE ALREADY OVER 80 SONGS ON OUR TRIBUTE TO MERLE PLAYLIST..... COME TO a Taste of Country AND ADD YOURS.. KEEP 'EM COMING..

CLICK BANNER TO LISTEN

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

Reply by yellowRose2013GOLD

HE WON'T EVER BE GONE...... TRIBUTE BY WILLY NELSON

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

WILL THERE EVER BE ANOTHER COUNTRY SINGER THE LIKES OF MERLE HAGGARD?

He was raised in a boxcar and turned 21 in San Quentin. Then he became one of country music's greatest stars. The life and times of an American outlaw : ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE article read more here: THE FIGHTER, THE LIFE AND TIMES OF MERLE HAGGARD

PHOTOS OF MERLE THROUGH THE YEARS ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

PLEASE SEND PRAYER'S FOR THERESA HAGGARD...

Theresa Ann Lane is the widow of great legend and country outlaw Merle Haggard. The truth is that although Merle Haggard was married four times before Theresa, his marriage of her was his longest.

The couple was married for 23 years and now a year after his passing Theresa says that she is barely picking herself up out of the mud. Theresa spoke with Rare Country talking about attending the Sing Me Back Home: The Music of Merle Haggard tribute concert in Nashville.

Merel's widow says that it was extremely emotional for her because Haggard was her world and she can’t even listen to his music without crying.

“It’s very emotional,” Theresa tells Rare Country. “I kind of tiptoe in there because I’m just now picking myself up out of the dirt, and barely. I’m barely walking, cause I lost my everything. He was my world. I don’t know.
I haven’t really been able to listen to it without really crying and just being too emotional.” READ MORE....

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

Edited reply by TWEENYPAULINEPATRON +1 +2

HAPPY & HEALTHY XMAS AND NEW YEAR 2019 TO ALL MY DEAREST FRIENDS LOVE YOU ALL. <3

I LOVED MERLE HAGGARD MUSIC, AND ALWAYS WILL, MY HUSBAND ALWAYS SANG HIS SONGS, HE WAS IN A BAND WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER, HE PLAYED THE DRUMS,....WHAT A BAND....REAL COUNTRY MUSIC, THATS HOW I GOT STARTED LISTENING TO IT. BUT MERLE VOICE STOOD OUT, HE WILL ALWAYS LIVE ON IN PEOPLE`S MUSIC, BECAUSE THEY DO SING HIS SONGS, HE WAS THE GREATEST SHOW MAN EVER......MAY YOU REST IN PEACE MERLE YOU HAVE EARNED IT.

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

HAPPY & HEALTHY XMAS AND NEW YEAR 2019 TO ALL MY DEAREST FRIENDS LOVE YOU ALL. <3

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

Reply by TWEENYPAULINEPATRON +1 +2

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

MERLE, YOU WERE THE GREATEST, I HOPE YOU ARE SINGING IN HEAVEN.....

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

THE COVER SAYS IT ALL.......

cannotsing24LEVEL 105

Reply by cannotsing24 +4 +4

I always loved
his singing got
me glued to his
recordings

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

THE COVER SAYS IT ALL.......TWEENYPAULINE

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

I love this... my best friend Ted who actually came up with the idea for a Taste of Country dedication to Merle forum right after his death has been a close personal friend of merles for over 50 years... he is going to love all you are posting here... We all grieve in our own way... It is an honor for me to be able to do this for Merle & Theresa..

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

LOVE THIS.....HOW ABOUT YOU???

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

MY FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME.........THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME PUT MY PIC. OF THE MAN WHO COULD SING THE PHONE BOOK......LOL....HUGS

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

MY FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME.........THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME PUT MY PIC. OF THE MAN WHO COULD SING THE PHONE BOOK......LOL....HUGSTWEENYPAULINE

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

LOL YESSSSS...... AND WRITE US A NEW ONE.... WHAT AN AMAZING ARTIST, PERFORMER, FRIEND HE WAS.... YOURE MOST WELCOME.

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

MY FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME.........THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME PUT MY PIC. OF THE MAN WHO COULD SING THE PHONE BOOK......LOL....HUGSTWEENYPAULINE

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

What song lol...
Bring us the youtube video ..

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

I JUST LOVE IT......HOPE YOU WILL TO.......LOL....HUGS...PAULINE

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

Last July, GQ’s Chris Heath spoke with the country music rebel, who died this week, for one final conversation

Merle Haggard, who died yesterday on his 79th birthday, last spoke with GQ one afternoon in July before he played a show in Tilton, Georgia. The ostensible focus of the conversation was his longtime friend, Willie Nelson, with whom he’d recently made Django and Jimmie, their third in an occasional series of album collaborations. Maybe that’s why Haggard, well known for his refusal to suffer fools and their questions, was so amiable and easygoing, right up to his breezy final sign off: “Alright…bye bye” But as Haggard contemplated another legend of country music in his later days, perhaps inevitably he also found himself reflecting on his own life, too—about the kind of man he is, and his own journey and where it has brought him. Just a few more words from Merle Haggard that feel worth hearing—a last dose of his gentle, grizzly wisdom.
You brought a few songs to this new album, including “The Only Man Wilder Than Me.” Was that specifically written about Willie or did it just seem to fit?
Well, actually both of us wrote that song. Somebody said his name is not on it. He and I both wrote that thing, on the phone. I wrote one line and he’d write the other, back and forth.
Who’s idea was that?
I don’t remember. It just kind of came up. Maybe I said it first, I think: ‘You’re the only man wilder than me.’ And we went from there. We had it written in a very short time.
So which of you, thinking about it now, do you reckon is the wilder?
[chuckles] That’d be hard to say, I think. It’d be a good run for the money.
What makes Willie wild?
Well, his disposition. He caters to no one, except the people he wants to. He’s just his own man, always has been. And so am I.
What do you think made him that way?
He came out like that. He’s been that way all of his life. Ever since I’ve known him—I met him sometime in the early ‘60s, probably ‘63, ‘64, and he’s always been, I guess what people would describe as a rebel. He just does things his own way, and not the way that they’re being done.

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

I JUST LOVE IT......HOPE YOU WILL TO.......LOL....HUGS...PAULINE TWEENYPAULINE

I have never seen that video.. Yes I love it but more of a Willie Nelson song.. I wish Merle had sung more on it.. There are photos of kids at the end? Willie? Anyway thanks for posting.. Willie Nelson is another favorite of mine.. I was supposed to meet Merle Last fall but he passed away before I got to.. Our friend Ted (Merle's friend) took it very hard... Nice meeting you.. I will be back and forth listening and checking here later tonight.. have a drs appointment.. BACK LATER, Rose

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 73

It's lovely meeting you as well, your stories interest me, I would love to know more about Merle, and yes I love Willie Nelson as well, looks like we have something in common. Well it's midnight here in Spain. Rose keep in touch, I would like that . God bless you my friend.
Lol...hugs..Pauline

BCSchmerker2LEVEL 87

Reply by BCSchmerker2

Thanks for the heads up on a running Challenge. Haggard covered a lot o' topics in his originals, even a scenario of possible Utopia in:

RAINBOW STEW (MCA/Universal single 53538)
(Merle Ronald Haggard) Shade Tree Music/Universal Music - Careers, BMI

Marking in Favorites to track future Replies.

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

Hope to see you post a few fresh Merle songs there... feel free to post other stuff for Merle here... photos, you tube videos , memos, well wishes and prayers for Theresa and his sons etc...... thanks for dropping in.. Rose

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

Thanks for the heads up on a running Challenge. Haggard covered a lot o' topics in his originals, even a scenario of possible Utopia in:

RAINBOW STEW (MCA/Universal single 53538)
(Merle Ronald Haggard) Shade Tree Music/Universal Music - Careers, BMI

Marking in Favorites to track future Replies.BCSchmerker2

I will have to look that one up.. Yes he certainly was one of a kind... thanks for stopping by.. I hope to see you in a Taste of Country also.. maybe doing a Merle song? Rose

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

MERLES FINAL RECORDING.... KERN RIVER BLUES

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

MERLE'S FULL MEMORIAL MAY 10th 2017
aproximately one hour... Beautiful touching service...

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

THE OLD RUGGED CROSS.. BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE TO HIS MOTHER.. TALKING POEM IN THE SONG THAT IS A POEM HIS MOTHER WROTE... GORGEOUS... A MUST LISTEN....

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

COME JOIN US ON a Taste of Country ALL COUNTRY ALL THE TIME.. CLICK BANNER

A taste of country is an all country music thread here on singsnap... ALL COUNTRY ALL THE TIME... This country music channel thread was opened in tribute to Merle Haggard after his death in 2016.. All Merle Haggard songs are playlisted here but you may post any country songs you like in the thread... no matter who the artist is.. Just as long as it is COUNTRY! drop by and leave a song or two..I try to listen to every single song in the thread... *** Be sure to listen to a few others as well....thanx, Rose

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

MERLE'S FULL MEMORIAL MAY 10th 2017
aproximately one hour... Beautiful touching service...

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

PART OF MERLE HAGGARD'S LIFE STORY THROUGH SONG

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

BEAUTIFUL INTERVIEW WITH MERLE HAGGARD

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

BAKERSFIELD ANNOUNCES THE DEATH OF COUNTRY LEGEND MERLE HAGGARD

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

MERLE AND SISTER LILLIAN THEIR CHILDHOOD BOXCAR HOME
BOXCAR HOME SET UP AS AN HISTORIC MONUMENT

yellowRose2013LEVEL 66

SCOTT HAGGARD "MY STORY"

STARDUST_ON_MY_HAND

Reply by STARDUST_ON_MY_HAND

Here is a recording I made of my favorite 'Hag" tune.
"Keep Me From Crying Today"

https://soundcloud.com/user-33222681/keep-me-from-crying-today-merle-haggard-cover

if anyone is interested in doing this, I can remove my vocal and upload it to the Community Songbook.

Rest In Peace Merle. Thank you for all that you have given us!

STARDUST_ON_MY_HAND

Edited reply by STARDUST_ON_MY_HAND

Just read the full intro to this page, I apologize for the link above. If you can remove it I'd appreciate it.

Sherman_WilkinsonLEVEL 49

Reply by Sherman_WilkinsonGOLD

Merle doing impressions

DyeHardLEVEL 73

Reply by DyeHardGOLD

DyeHard

I Think I'll Just Stay Here And Drink

Merle Haggard
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c3ba624c5

R.I.P. Merle Haggard
You will be missed.
I hope you like it.