This topic is listed in General Discussion.
It has been viewed 8,194 times and 162 replies have been made.

- Next
trevor

Edited post by trevorSTAFF +35 +34

Coffee, I need some Coffee!

Introducing: New Monthly Pricing

SingSnap prides itself on providing the biggest and baddest karaoke experience on the world wide web. We do our very best to listen to customer feedback, act upon it and make continued efforts to constantly improve our service.

We currently have a 'Summer Gold Special' where our members can purchase a one year or two year membership at a reduced rate! This sale runs until August 31 so if you haven't taken advantage of this discounted rate, you still have time!

Effective immediately all new monthly memberships will be $15 USD per month. If you currently have an active monthly PayPal subscription, do not be alarmed...your rate will remain at $12 per month as long as your PayPal subscription remains active. This increase does not affect those subscribed on 3, 6, 12 or 24 month plans.

All Current & Active PayPal Subscriptions Remain at $12 USD

If you have a current and active PayPal subscription that automatically renews at $12 USD per month, your membership price will not change as long as your PayPal subscription remains active. If you cancel your PayPal subscription and then re-subscribe, you will be billed at the new price.

New Prices Do Not Come Into Effect Until September 1, 2012 For Current Members

If you joined SingSnap on or before June 6, 2012 you will not be affected by this change until September 1, 2012. This grace period is our way of giving those who are on the site but perhaps busy during the summer, an opporunity to re-subscribe at the $12 USD per month price. It also provides members time to either save money so they can upgrade to a 3-month or longer membership or at least prepare themselves financially for the increased pricing.

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

3 dollars more not that much!!! Specially for all the fun at singsnap. I like

soundchris

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

Why the increase?

flyme2rio

Reply by flyme2rio

If you added more songs outside of the same genres and repetitiveness of the same recycled songs, I might be receptive to the increase but as it stands, I find myself singing the same old stuff that SS consistently repeats!
Several times I have requested various songs from different genres but my requests appear to be ignored.
In my opinion, there are not enough songs in the 'blues', 'rhythm & blues', 'jazz' and 'international' categories, outside of the repeated few that you offer.
I have to assume that the majority of your patrons/members have a preference for country music, which is fine but not all of us wish to sing from that category.

blueeyes572005

Reply by blueeyes572005GOLD

I will pay 3 dollars more if you fix your video software updating to make videos in HD..I see videos recordings and almost all of them have a lot pixels and blurr...instead to say you will increase the memership you want to work first to make better your video software..if you do I'll still paying my gold memebership or I'll be blue....and maybe others singsnappers will do same...
thanks

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

I will pay 3 dollars more if you fix your video software updating to make videos in HD..I see videos recordings and almost all of them have a lot pixels and blurr...instead to say you will increase the memership you want to work first to make better your video software..if you do I'll still paying my gold memebership or I'll be blue....and maybe others singsnappers will do same...
thanksblueeyes572005

I think you should check out your own software 1st. On my end I see no blur in the HD Videos. Specially if a person is using 720p webcam.

flatduck

Reply by flatduck +1

newswowwwwwwwwwwwwwww surprisinggggggnews

LilKitty

Reply by LilKittyGOLD

Can you feel it 2 rnd 3!

Introducing: New Monthly Pricing

All Current & Active PayPal Subscriptions Remain at $12 USD

If you have a current and active PayPal subscription that automatically renews at $12 USD per month, your membership price will not change as long as your PayPal subscription remains active. If you cancel your PayPal subscription and then re-subscribe, you will be billed at the new price.

New Prices Do Not Come Into Effect Until September 1, 2012 For Current Members

If you joined SingSnap on or before June 6, 2012 you will not be affected by this change until September 1, 2012. This grace period is our way of giving those who are on the site but perhaps busy during the summer, an opporunity to re-subscribe at the $12 USD per month price. It also provides members time to either save money so they can upgrade to a 3-month or longer membership or at least prepare themselves financially for the increased pricing.trevor

^^^^there, you're saying all CURRENT & ACTIVE PayPal Subscriptions Remain at $12 USD....THEN you say "New Prices Do Not Come Into Effect Until September 1, 2012 For Current Members...it's puzzling to me....I have a PayPal account, that's how I pay for my subscription here...so I'm understanding you to say, as long as I have that PayPal acct., my price here will stay at $12 USD monthly, but if I should decide to stop my subscription thru PayPal, & then wish to start it back, THEN my montly price would be $15...or are you saying, my monthly price will be $12 a month UNTIL September 1, THEN it'll change to $15 monthly..??

Novella

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +27 +19

Mmm.. Candy!

It means;

For as long as your monthly subscription remains ACTIVE, you will be charged $12 USD.

1. Should your subscription expire after August 31, 2012 and you re-subscribe, you will be charged the new rate of $15 USD.

2. Should your subscription expire this Summer, and you re-subscribe prior to August 31, you will still get the $12 USD price.

LilKitty

Reply by LilKittyGOLD

Can you feel it 2 rnd 3!

Ahh..so mine will be $12 monthly as long as I keep my PayPal acct. open then

Novella

Mmm.. Candy!

Ahh..so mine will be $12 monthly as long as I keep my PayPal acct. open then LilKitty

Yep! Just be sure to keep the current subscription active. So if you change bank cards or anything like that, be sure to update them on Paypal and everything should b A OK!

musique913

Edited reply by musique913GOLD

I'm struggling to even justify the 12 bucks, and I just did a yearly membership. I will keep it up, for the year now at least..LOL. 15 I probably wouldn't do as a new member because like someone else said, lots of repetitive choices and the quality of the background stuff is not always that great.

Still love ya, Snap, but I can see why some are not loving it.

P.S. For example, song by Adam Lambert from back on his LAST album. It was available at my local karaoke place in 3 versions. Just got added to Snap today.

Gail

Reply by GailGOLD

I am also struggling to pay the 12 dollars monthly! If we had tech support 24 hours a day then I could understand the increase.... they have to be paid after all. But we don't. We have support staff but they can't help with technical problems. They are fantastic people tho, don't take this the wrong way.
There are tooooo many times that the mixer doesn't work properly and we can't get anyone to fix it in time to save our songs that get stuck in there. If the site worked perfectly and were maintained perfectly 24/7 then sure it might be worth it then.
But it absolutely does NOT and IS NOT.
I LOVE singing on SS. But I won't pay more. Not now. Not ever. I already consider this an extravagance that I shouldn't really be shelling out for every month.
So.... good luck with that. There are surely many more like me out there.
I hope this doesn't sound too critical or over the top. I'm counting on the fact that you will want to hear constructive and informative feedback.
Wishing you all the best,
Hugs xo
Gail

MNM1983

Reply by MNM1983GOLD

So is the is new 15$ going to be via Paypal as well? I have tried the paypal 12$ monthly one once and I will NEVER do it again. If I could pay it via credit card without having to go through paypal with it I would be very happy.

What I also don't understand is why the 12/15$ one is the only that has to be paid via Paypal when the others like the 35$ one for 3 months and such can be paid via credit card without having to go through Paypal....

flyme2rio

Reply by flyme2rio

From $12 to $15 does not seem like a lot but recognize that it is a 25% increase!!!!! just saying........................

DaveHall

Reply by DaveHallPATRON

If you added more songs outside of the same genres and repetitiveness of the same recycled songs, I might be receptive to the increase but as it stands, I find myself singing the same old stuff that SS consistently repeats!
Several times I have requested various songs from different genres but my requests appear to be ignored.
In my opinion, there are not enough songs in the 'blues', 'rhythm & blues', 'jazz' and 'international' categories, outside of the repeated few that you offer.
I have to assume that the majority of your patrons/members have a preference for country music, which is fine but not all of us wish to sing from that category.flyme2rio

DaveHall

Reply by DaveHallPATRON

As someone who also likes singing blues and jazz, I think it might be just the lack of available karaoke versions, and not that singsnap doesn't offer them. I have searched most of the karaoke producers, and can't find many blues and jazz songs.

godssoulsinger

Reply by godssoulsinger

I would like to remind the people complaining, that SS said a few months back that they were doing the tokens, which are optional, in hopes it would stave off increasing the membership cost, but guess what, people bitched so much about that, they seemed to have stopped them, and look, now a price increase, big surprise there!

Sorry whiners, you shoot yourselves in the foot.

alsdad

Reply by alsdadGOLD

What it comes down too ..is this ..its our choice if we decide to stay with SS .. I have been on here over 5 years...I personally have seen this site change alot .. not always what i want however its my choice again to stay.. I chose to stay..however i too am strugglin with the new rate ..I am fortunate right now i am sponsored however that runs out at the end of june ..I was a gold member on my own..

I have to remember this is also a business .its here to make money ..its also here to make alot of people enjoy another part of their lives ..

However what I struggle with is the raise of over 25% if i walked into my fav store and saw that I would have to think about finding somewhere esle to shop..Its also about the quality of product that is something else i have seen change too.

I quess what i am saying is this its my choice whether I stay or not..can i justify the price i will have to pay ..My money is stretched to the limit now..with new medical costs.

We see all the time prices go up .. just part of life ..however again its my choice to stay or leave ... just ike finding a new place to shop:)

At the end of May i had ended my gold because of other reasons ..then paypal made a ooooooooooops and i was to stay till the end of june ..I then decided to pass the rest of my gold on to a newbie and loves to sing..

and then someone was going to be away and passed their gold onto me for the rest of june.. I will not most likely renew my gold .
its just my person choice not too..

I will still sing just in blue I in good consciene can not pay that much right now..

again it comes down to choice

I have met alot of great folks on here and will continue too however it will have to be in blue color :))

countryfan1959

Reply by countryfan1959GOLD

Yeah...the price increase of 25% is high but...just think...if you went to a Karaoke bar only once you would spend much more than $15.00 on drinks alone. This is entertainment and to have it available for a month for $15.00 it's not that bad! So...grab your drink of choice and start singing!

Katie-and-Dennis

Reply by Katie-and-Dennis +1 +2

Just a reminder...that if you purchase a years subscription before midnight on Aug 31st......it works out to be $6.66 a month........that is quite a saving!.....almost 50%...........$80 for 12 months......that is £51.70 at the current exchange rate if you are in the UK.....and £4.31 per month......

LilKitty

Reply by LilKittyGOLD

Can you feel it 2 rnd 3!

People, they ARE giving everyone the chance to keep the $12 monthly rate..I pay thru PayPal, and I intend for it to remain active, therefore keeping the $12 monthly fee...and also the 3, 6, 12 & 24 month plans are not affected...
Countryfan is absolutely right!! I used to go to bars just for karaoke, and even if I didn't drink alcohol, I'd be drinking soda's or bottled water with crystal light, so I'd still have to pay for those, PLUS pay the entrance fee..I don't think there's any bar or place that offers "free" karaoke, and even if there were, they certainly wouldn't offer free drinks, etc....it'd cost a LOT more than $15 monthly..cos I used to go at least once a week, but here, I can be here EVERYDAY, NIGHT, or WHENEVER..OPEN 24/7..and it's for (as long as I keep my PayPal ACTIVE) $12 monthly...and if I mess up, then a lot of people won't hear it..lol!!

Chanda

Reply by ChandaGOLD +1 +1

It means;

For as long as your monthly subscription remains ACTIVE, you will be charged $12 USD.

1. Should your subscription expire after August 31, 2012 and you re-subscribe, you will be charged the new rate of $15 USD.

2. Should your subscription expire this Summer, and you re-subscribe prior to August 31, you will still get the $12 USD price.Novella

question.. mine just renewed lately for 3 months I didnt catch it in time to stop it but i wanted to do the 2 year thing.. so i cancelled my subscription so when it went to renew again it wouldn't.. NOW WHAT?? dang!!!! i shot myself there didn't i?

blaza

Reply by blazaPATRON +2

Only in the foot Chanda. I'm sure staff will fix you right up again. :O)

Novella

Mmm.. Candy!

It means;

2. Should your subscription expire this Summer, and you re-subscribe prior to August 31, you will still get the $12 USD price.Novella

question.. mine just renewed lately for 3 months I didnt catch it in time to stop it but i wanted to do the 2 year thing.. so i cancelled my subscription so when it went to renew again it wouldn't.. NOW WHAT?? dang!!!! i shot myself there didn't i?Chanda

Wait a week or so, to get under the 90-day mark, and then you should be able to extend your existing Gold and select the 2 year option

ronnie67

Edited reply by ronnie67

The price increase is not surprising in my view and a year ago projecting it might occur because of rising costs. At the same time I won't berate anyone for voicing their perceived negative opinion (like one post above), because in this tough economy many are like me counting every penny. As pointed out its no different than any product one might buy and the feeling of 'sticker shock'. Singsnap has always been about allowing community feedback whether it be good or bad and none should feel ostracized in doing so. I've enjoyed watching this site grow and evolve having no doubt more great things are on the horizon.

Ritch

Reply by RitchGOLD

I dropped my Gold down to a Blue status as the song selection has become atrocious for people in my age bracket. I like the 50's 60's and 70's songs but unfortunately the selections offered this past year were terrible for me. I would suggest that rather than bombarding us with a load of one particular genre of songs, just offer us 25% or less of each category each week. That way we will know that everyone is represented in your weekly listing of new selections and can continue to enjoy Singsnap participation.

I know that everyone feels the same about their particular style of songs and we think you can do a much more fair selection than what you are giving us now.

thanks

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +8

I dropped my Gold down to a Blue status as the song selection has become atrocious for people in my age bracket. I like the 50's 60's and 70's songs but unfortunately the selections offered this past year were terrible for me. I would suggest that rather than bombarding us with a load of one particular genre of songs, just offer us 25% or less of each category each week. That way we will know that everyone is represented in your weekly listing of new selections and can continue to enjoy Singsnap participation.

I know that everyone feels the same about their particular style of songs and we think you can do a much more fair selection than what you are giving us now.

thanksRitch

The weekly song additions are based on what our suppliers provide us with. Unfortunately, many karaoke producers are focusing on newer songs. We can't control the genres we receive. The producers create karaoke versions based on what is popular and selling right now. For the most part older songs aren't being produced into karaoke tracks right now due to the low demand for them.

Hope that helps explain things some.

mysticaldreams

Reply by mysticaldreamsGOLD

With the new rate hike of $15...I definitely intend to keep my paypal active for the $12...($13.42 total with transaction bank fee and foreign country fee through my bank). I won't be able to afford $15 a month with added fees then I'll be over $16 a month. I'm hoping before August 31st to get in on the summer special for a year. My question is when that runs out does it renew at that price again or go up? And if I stop it I'll then get hit with the $15 a month right?

MoDean

Reply by MoDeanGOLD +1

Fame Recording Studios, Muscle Shoals, AL.

I'm disabled and live on SSI alone.

Sure there are plenty of things to gripe about here on S/S (like the new recorder that constantly goes out of pitch on songs once you decide to accept what you have. Then there are songs that begin before the S/S intro plays (Jackson Brown/Doctor My Eyes" for one example), piss poor choice of versions ("Fleetwoods/Mr Blue" for example), "Sound Choice" versions that don't even have proper starts ~ they just jump in at some point), et cetera (yada, yada,yada). I probably shouldn't even ention the artists they don't carry at all (or have only one or two songs by).

On the other side of the coin, $12 per month was too high for my $698 disability paycheck (on top of the $39.95 a month I already consider to be splurging (for 3M high speed internet) to begin with!

S/S personnel say I'm comparing apples to oranges by comparing S/S/ to other entertainment venues (like Netflicks) which already charge considerably less per month than does S/S, but if you're having fruit salad to begin with, the comparison is mute.

Still (even on disability), I did manage to cough up the $80 for the year membership (NOTE: this time around) ~ Like Katie said (see above comment), "that works out to $6.66 per month (okay $6.67 for one of those months)."

As already stated, I survive on disability checks alone (and I know of several other S/S members who are likewise). ~ Considering that I don't know that many people here, that tells me something!

I personally think S/S is cutting off it's own nose (so to speak) with a 25% rate increase (especially considering what they have, plus the very limited amount they add). ~ Personally, I'm beginning to feel that maybe they're looking for an excuse to close up shop (it's called "karaoke burn-out").

"Chartbuster Karaoke" is defunct now. Maybe S/S can do some sort of deal for their catalog (I've never had the problems I've experienced with "Sound Choice" ~ and I ran karaoke shows professionally for nearly 5 years. ~ BTW: Not even once did I increase my rate for shows ~ too much competition out there willing to scab for less than what I was already charging). ~ Maybe S/S/ would do good to take that into consideration (before doing a 25% increase for the SOS)!

Oh, well!, Maybe S/S won't go out of business before my year sub is up!

Anna

Edited reply by AnnaGOLD

With the new rate hike of $15...I definitely intend to keep my paypal active for the $12... *snip* I'm hoping before August 31st to get in on the summer special for a year. My question is when that runs out does it renew at that price again or go up? And if I stop it I'll then get hit with the $15 a month right?mysticaldreams

What she said! ^^^^^
I understand the special year long offer won't continue after that year (right?) but if I go back to paying monthly again after that year, will I have to pay $15 per month then?

I'll be keeping an eye out here for an answer :))

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Ok this morning I was hit with the BLUE name when I got on!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!! Lmao..

When I went back to go to gold again I indeed had 12 dollar for singsnap and then it was somethin new!!!! 5 dollar for processing fee for using credit cards!!! Dang credit cards lolll...

All in all came to a total of 17 dollars.. You can not beat that for much as fun you can have at Singsnap!!! Contests.. Forums to talk to ppl. And a very very fun staff team hehehee

trevor

Reply by trevorSTAFF +35 +34

To clarify, anyone who takes advantage of this sale price will renew at the $80 sale price. In effect the sale will continue for those who switch to Annual or Biennial at the lower price. But you need to do this before the end of August.

In terms of monthly, any existing monthly subscription will continue at $12. Any new monthly purchased from Sept 1st on will be at $15. If you have a monthly sub at $12 and let it lapse after Sept 1st, you would renew at the higher price.

If you have a current longer term subscription 3,6,12,24 months and you change it to monthly after Sept 1st, it will be at $15.

Joec073

Reply by Joec073

im having fun the way it is now...lol.but i know that eventually i will have to start paying or i wont be able to put my songs on here anymore.Darn that stinks! i know nothing is for free anymore...lol. but i will have fun until then.

Fastcop69

Reply by Fastcop69

The "we want to hear your opinion" survey stuff from a couple of months back was about one thing and one thing only, what can we do to sell more yearly memberships..you could tell from the way the questions were worded. The thing is, the loyal monthly members who pay month-to-month without ever lapsing should not feel the pain. The price increase is aimed to penalize those slackers like me who find the new song offerings mostly awful, and only purchase a single month or so gold membership once every few months whenever enough decently suitable song offerings accumulate to keep me busy a few days, then drop to blue again...now that the loophole is closing, there is not enough value for me to continue my membership. I am a k-solo/myspace karaoke refugee and was already spoiled by the great current hit song choices and cool voice effects synthesizers on the recorder from that now-defunct site, so paying almost the same for a bunch of obscure euro-pop stuff no one has ever heard of and the clunky recorder just won't cut it... oh well best wishes to those of you who still enjoy the site. Cheers!

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

The "we want to hear your opinion" survey stuff from a couple of months back was about one thing and one thing only, what can we do to sell more yearly memberships..you could tell from the way the questions were worded. The thing is, the loyal monthly members who pay month-to-month without ever lapsing should not feel the pain. The price increase is aimed to penalize those slackers like me who find the new song offerings mostly awful, and only purchase a single month or so gold membership once every few months whenever enough decently suitable song offerings accumulate to keep me busy a few days, then drop to blue again...now that the loophole is closing, there is not enough value for me to continue my membership. I am a k-solo/myspace karaoke refugee and was already spoiled by the great current hit song choices and cool voice effects synthesizers on the recorder from that now-defunct site, so paying almost the same for a bunch of obscure euro-pop stuff no one has ever heard of and the clunky recorder just won't cut it... oh well best wishes to those of you who still enjoy the site. Cheers! Fastcop69

Now I will agree with the Ksolo audio effects. It would be nice if Singsnap got something like that. I am sure alot of members would join Singsnap even more and alot would have fun with a Audio effects buttons.

And yes we have MMSB but fastcop is talking about effects such as Reverb and Flange and Fade you could lower the pitch to where the song could fit your voice to how you want it to indeed ya know there is many things that Ksolo had that would make Singsnap a even more excellent site if they added things like the above.

How bout it Singsnap!!! In the singsnap recorder have effects like Reverb. Flange. Make your voice a certain way kinda like autotune robot voice good for songs haha... And also in the recorder give us a way to even lower the pitch more in songs to where it is confortable to our voices .

flatduck

Reply by flatduck +1

the number of people who have monthly subscription is so low that it will probably won t be include in the offers anymore pretty soon ?

Joney

Reply by JoneyGOLD

When I went back to go to gold again I indeed had 12 dollar for singsnap and then it was somethin new!!!! 5 dollar for processing fee for using credit cards!!! Dang credit cards lolll...

socomicefox

We pay extra $5 when using credit card ????? Is that a fact????????????

I already pay our bank an 'international transfer' fee

Ruger

Reply by RugerGOLD

thanksRitch

The weekly song additions are based on what our suppliers provide us with. Unfortunately, many karaoke producers are focusing on newer songs. We can't control the genres we receive. The producers create karaoke versions based on what is popular and selling right now. For the most part older songs aren't being produced into karaoke tracks right now due to the low demand for them.

Hope that helps explain things some. Rob

That's why it's not worth it to me anymore..but I still enjoy listening to my favs.

CKat

Reply by CKat +2

I see mostly all duplicates of songs you already have that are being added as "NEW"... or DEMOS which are NOT karaoke. I would say that you should get NEW SUPPLIERS, then. Yes, a lot of the songs are also newer ones... and they aren't the best. I go out to karaoke 2-5 times a week as I have many friends "out there". They range in age and there are a LOT of younger people, meaning in their 20's.... while some do the newer stuff (the KJ's keep up with it and can download anything you want on request), it is not so common... they actually seem to prefer a lot of classic rock from the 70's as well as jazz and blues standards... the newer music that is being made today... well MOST of it... is not really "singable"... it's RAP or over produced studio stuff... and little of it requires any vocal range, style or emotion... aside from Adele and maybe Katy Perry, there is little in the way of music made for singers today.... Perhaps you can find ways to obtain the MANY older tracks that have been made (with many of the songs I have requested but still don't see here... I've even requested some newer songs and they are STILL not here).
Yes, your song selection gets BORING once you've sung the ones you want... get a new supplier, if you're legally allowed (I know, licensing/publishing) get some of the older ones missing from your library.... you can find the disks in shops with old inventory, ebay, etc..
Also... if you're relying STRICTLY on some 3rd party supplier... don't bother asking us for Song Requests. I have never had ONE SINGLE request met... and they were all classics or popular songs of different time periods.... this puts a member off...
This is why I also suggest INSTRUMENTAL ONLY tracks as an alternative. Yes, I know these aren't for everybody and you cater to the NON-singer here as there are more of them but there are also many REAL singers here and they just might enjoy finding new songs.... and even non-singers might enjoy this and NOT AT ALL mind getting the lyrics elsewhere (it's a very simple thing to do to get lyrics to ANY song on the internet). It is STILL karaoke as we are singing with a track.... Perhaps you keep them separate from the CDG styles... as I think you should do with the DEMOS.... I find it such a huge waste of my time to have to scroll through those... THOSE are NOT KARAOKE and they're on the site so WHY NOT INSTRUMENTAL ONLY for the few of us who would be hungry for new songs...

As it is.... I am still distraught over all the problems with recording I have on this site these days... it's too stressful to sing here now, there's always SOME problem... I'm thinking only to renew as I have so many songs hosted and I have outsiders who come listen at times... I also have met some very nice people here and singers I enjoy listening to... so will probably renew in spite of my disgruntlement with the library and the new recorder... and who knows, it's probably all the internet changes effecting things, too...

Well, way too long.... just wanted to add my suggestions again.... I see others have similar issues....

socomicefox

Edited reply by socomicefoxGOLD

CKat

I see mostly all duplicates of songs you already have that are being added as "NEW"... or DEMOS which are NOT karaoke. I would say that you should get NEW SUPPLIERS, then. Yes, a lot of the songs are also newer ones... and they aren't the best. I go out to karaoke 2-5 times a week as I have many friends "out there". They range in age and there are a LOT of younger people, meaning in their 20's.... while some do the newer stuff (the KJ's keep up with it and can download anything you want on request), it is not so common... they actually seem to prefer a lot of classic rock from the 70's as well as jazz and blues standards... the newer music that is being made today... well MOST of it... is not really "singable"... it's RAP or over produced studio stuff... and little of it requires any vocal range, style or emotion... aside from Adele and maybe Katy Perry, there is little in the way of music made for singers today.... Perhaps you can find ways to obtain the MANY older tracks that have been made (with many of the songs I have requested but still don't see here... I've even requested some newer songs and they are STILL not here).
Yes, your song selection gets BORING once you've sung the ones you want... get a new supplier, if you're legally allowed (I know, licensing/publishing) get some of the older ones missing from your library.... you can find the disks in shops with old inventory, ebay, etc..
Also... if you're relying STRICTLY on some 3rd party supplier... don't bother asking us for Song Requests. I have never had ONE SINGLE request met... and they were all classics or popular songs of different time periods.... this puts a member off...
This is why I also suggest INSTRUMENTAL ONLY tracks as an alternative. Yes, I know these aren't for everybody and you cater to the NON-singer here as there are more of them but there are also many REAL singers here and they just might enjoy finding new songs.... and even non-singers might enjoy this and NOT AT ALL mind getting the lyrics elsewhere (it's a very simple thing to do to get lyrics to ANY song on the internet). It is STILL karaoke as we are singing with a track.... Perhaps you keep them separate from the CDG styles... as I think you should do with the DEMOS.... I find it such a huge waste of my time to have to scroll through those... THOSE are NOT KARAOKE and they're on the site so WHY NOT INSTRUMENTAL ONLY for the few of us who would be hungry for new songs...

As it is.... I am still distraught over all the problems with recording I have on this site these days... it's too stressful to sing here now, there's always SOME problem... I'm thinking only to renew as I have so many songs hosted and I have outsiders who come listen at times... I also have met some very nice people here and singers I enjoy listening to... so will probably renew in spite of my disgruntlement with the library and the new recorder... and who knows, it's probably all the internet changes effecting things, too...

Well, way too long.... just wanted to add my suggestions again.... I see others have similar issues....

You can put emotion into rap just as much as you could any song and yes you can indeed sing Rap. Do you know how much breath control/support is needed to sing rap? Lots more then your average country/rock/blues/r&b singer

See to lots of ppl Rap isnt sung. But in order for a person to feel the rap song or see it as a sing they must know the rythm. They have to feel the flow ya know? The beat carries on you just have to get to feel it and youll like it just like you would any song.

LiL Wayne- How to love- Rap song- Sung. For example

And although rap may not have good words in the song. It is good on the ears. And ill tell you why. It trains your ears to know notes. To feel as I said rythm! One of my little tricks I use that taught me to sing. Along with breath control I can hold long notes for a long time on any song thanks to rap songs

bibsi6666

Reply by bibsi6666GOLD

I love singsnap and i think its a brill idea offering it cheaper !!! Thank you for that !!! hugs Marianne

djp5050

Reply by djp5050GOLD

I sure do enjoy this site.... Got my SS keychain just the other day too!! WOO HOO!!! :)

Peoplel talking about "how cool" ksolo was and all, might want to realize that Ksolo shut down! Evidently it wasn't making enough $$ to keep it afloat???? It's pretty simple really.... SingSnap is free. If you don't like the "free" offerrings, then ante up, and shut up LOL

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

I will say this bout songs tho. I do feel that we in the US should be allowed to sing the songs that are license.

socomicefox

Edited reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Peoplel talking about "how cool" ksolo was and all, might want to realize that Ksolo shut down! Evidently it wasn't making enough $$ to keep it afloat???? It's pretty simple really.... SingSnap is free. If you don't like the "free" offerrings, then ante up, and shut up LOLdjp5050

Whats good Danp ksolo was cool yea I like singsnap better I wish they would get the recorder ksolo had though with all the effects and stuff.

To gold members. Singsnap is not free that is for sure

BoefjeB

Reply by BoefjeBGOLD

thanksRitch

You say "The weekly song additions are based on what our suppliers provide us with." and you can't control the genres you recieve!

Well that explains why I can ask for songs and never get it..... so what is the purpose of a song request?????

BluePassion

Reply by BluePassionGOLD +2

...the way people 'love' one another, breaks my heart...

I am annoyed by people who want freebies they feel entitled to. But I am even more annoyed by those who call people whiners and complainers because they have an issue with paying more for poor song selections, poor recording equipment, and they just don't feel it is a legitimate reason to bust a budget. Maybe those who tell them to shut up (and then laugh) should take their own advice. I for one am glad to hear rational dialogue on all sides of this. Perhaps Sing Snap would prefer people just left without a word. Are those who call others who raise concerns...complainers and whiners the voice of Sing Snap?

Donahoo

Reply by DonahooGOLD

If you have an annual subscription paid up through some time next year; you can't take advantage of the summer special that is going on now. It is only for people who need to renew at this time. Next year when my subscription runs out, the annual one will probably be higher.

trevor

Reply by trevorSTAFF +35 +34

If you have an annual subscription paid up through some time next year; you can't take advantage of the summer special that is going on now. It is only for people who need to renew at this time. Next year when my subscription runs out, the annual one will probably be higher.Donahoo

You can modify your subscription now so that it renews next year at the sale price. If you need help doing this, please contact support and we will gladly help you

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +8

thanksRitch

You say "The weekly song additions are based on what our suppliers provide us with." and you can't control the genres you recieve!

Well that explains why I can ask for songs and never get it..... so what is the purpose of a song request?????BoefjeB

When song requests are reviewed we double check the regional licensing status (if applicable), double check the availability through our suppliers and check availability of the track through various producers.

It's in our best interest to try and fill song requests. We do our very best to add the content people ask for. It's not always possible though. There are many factors like licensing, copyrights, etc that come into play. It's not as easy as finding the track anywhere and adding it to the site. We have to maintain a legal library of songs to remain viable. That unfortunately does mean we may not be able to offer some content.

- Next