Karaoke SuperStar: Round One!

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed.
It has been viewed 53,423 times and 1,908 replies have been made.

- Next
Novella

Edited post by NovellaSTAFF +29 +59

Karaoke SuperStar: Round One!

The auditions have ended and one thing is for certain - there is no shortage of SuperStar's in SingSnap! Holy smokes, the talent presented during the auditions has left the judges bewildered. Fabulous job to everyone who auditioned and gave it their all!

If you are fortunate to advance on to Round One please please read over both the vocal and video requirements for this round. If you do not advance, please stand up and take a bow because you still did a fabulous job. We hope you'll stick around and cheer on your favorite competitors!

I also want to thank the Judges and Annie for working tirelessly behind the scenes in an effort to make this contest run smoothly!

The Top 200:

Without further delay, I announce the Top 200 in alphabetical order. If your name appears on this list you have advanced on to Round One! Please read the rules carefully!

1Bluesman
69mammaz
Ahpurruh
akapossum
AmandaShuler
americanblueipie
AmyRobert
AngelaSweden
Annie_deer
ashleyftorres
asimplemelody
Atemptress
awetteland
bluekentuckygirl
blue-nightingale
Bob-H
BrazenRaisin
BroadwayBroad
Burkjr
caligirl81
Carla68
Caseylu
Cat1
-Caz-
CC_McCoye
cdh1432
cgarza0702
ChaLuv
Chanda
chattycathy52
Chelsi
chenili
Cinderella80
CityandMusic
CJsmith
colekat
COZYTOM
countrycharley
Curlyshirley
CurtisRay
DABRINA
Dalejr
Dan_O
Dannyeboy
Darin_Sharon
DarkGable
DaveHall
DebraDuncan
dede25
derrickjohn
Dinalydia
DIVO257
DJ_RoseDelecrois
DollDuffer
dollyette
dsmitty59
-Eclipse-
Egidio
Eleanor61
Ereal
flashman107
Goldfishing
Goofydeb
greeneyes56
GWright38
heartymary
-HYLANDRA-
ilovemylord
ImaNutbar
Its_Paz
jackalson
jackiesunflower
JaguarJ
Jay_Alexander
Jay2367
Jazzysinger
JeanneMarie
jeannetteb
jeannielynn1973
JennieSweden
jettabentham
jimbridger
JJMartin
JoiaRox
jrnyman
juanroberto
KansasGirl
katiaportugal
Katie
kdgraham
keepsmiling
Kelvis
kimo4u
ktinabeena
ladycampion
Lady-clarrisa
ladyforonce
ladyj41
ladyjerusalem
laney52
Leezianne
LindaAdams
-Liz-
luvs2singa
MarcelleBeavers
MarianneMontana
maryhein
mcjessica
Melanie65
mgsacto
Michelle_Loveland
MichelleRoze
Mike_Deth
MikeN1
mimi123
Mirame
MistyBlue32
Mitchc
moon045
Moustigri_qc
mrboojangles
MRI
MrsChase
Mrswhalin
musikbaby1987
mustang97
muzikslinger
Nsideout
o2baladyvol
ObiWanBOB
OHlittleredhead
peggyjoy
pennydollar
philosoraptor
polishpipes10
PteCrash
Ray_
rburtcher
redhdangel
redletterbound
reginalove
Retta_4_U
Rhapsody
Rickles1972
rider4life
rommel_v
RussDCrooner
Rutly
SABOL
SaCaChAu
SallyB
sandar2020
sandman1229
sanra
Sassavs
scarlettohall
shago
Shetlandbob
Shilohkoko
Shine4Him
ShineOnLove
Silverpslm
SimplyBabette
SimplyRhonda
Singer4G
singingsister57
smallstrangegod
SmoothPower
songbird51003
SpikeTheDark
stargirl
SteveAllen
StevenHughes
superchick83
SuzieG
-Tamera-
Tammylynn62
TCANDEL
Terry
tgl030
thatonechubbyguylol
The_Holy_Mole
TheBoopsta
trampexx
TrishAnita
turtlerox
TuxBurke
Tyboogie
Vane-viv
VeeGee
VikkiChick
weegeegirl
WildcatKevin
willis99
wvtwinmom
xx-markintexas-xx
Yippi-Kai-Yay
zenkipe3ck
Zigster
---ZOL---

Top 200 Auditions Playlist!

Round One Requirements:

Vocal Portion - 20 Pts: You must sing any song out of the three remaining genres. Rock, Country, Pop or R&B/Soul - with the exception of; licensed material,original and demo. You may not sing a song from the same genre you selected for the auditions.

In the song comment section, you must supply your audition link and genre in the following format:

Audition: Song Link
Genre: Rock,Country,Pop,R&B/Soul.

This is being done for verification and your entry will not be accepted until this information appears in the song comment section of your Round One performance.

Video Portion - 15 Pts: Your video presentation is worth 15 points of your overall score. It is absolutely pertinent that you get creative, make an effort and put thought into your performance. Just sitting there on cam singing is not going to cut it this round. Editing is not permitted. The video must be shot in one take. You may use ManyCam but absolutely no video editing is allowed.

Tell a story with your video, use your body language, facial expressions, etc., Select a song that resonates with you and that you're able to convey in video. Use every day household objects, dim the lighting, candles, download Manycam, etc., We cannot stress enough that the videos should be entertaining, emotional or somehow engaging. Don't be shy! Set the mood! Create an atmosphere!

To help your creative process we have compiled some videos from previous contest entrants (who are not competing in this contest) to give you an idea of what is possible if you put a little bit of thought into it!

Inspirational Sample Videos

Round One Requirements:

Deadline: Sunday 4 PM EST, July 29, 2012.

1. You may sing any song in the SingSnap catalog available to you with the exception of; licensed material,original and demo.
2. The song must be from one of the following genres with the exclusion of whichever genre you selected for the auditions; Rock, Country, RnB/Soul or Pop.
3. The song must be recorded fresh, for this contest and dated July 24, 2012 or after.
4. Video is required and will be worth 15 points, so be creative.
5. You may sing your song first and then 'harmonize' with yourself to do the video. If you do this, include the singing portion only link in your song comment section for verification.
6. Your song will not be added to the playlist until verified.
7. Carefully read the Contest Requirements posted below.
8. Post your song, in this thread, in the following format:

Username
Genre (Rock, Country, RnB/Soul or Pop)
Song Title
Song Link

Novella

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +29 +59

Invited Panel & Judging Criteria!

We aim to please and wanted to respond to some feedback we received from the last contest. We have held Auditions for judges for our official contests. While the auditions will be ongoing, we have selected an invited panel of judges who will be responsible for narrowing down the talent and eventually selecting our Top Ten Performers!

Please join me in giving a huge round of applause for the Invited Panel. In agreeing to judge this contest, they are forfeiting an opportunity to compete for these amazing prizes! They're donating their time and talent to helping ensure that SingSnap has a fair, fun and fabulous contest!

The Invited Panel

Chay34
ConnieG
JCD
JohnnyAngel
Princess_Junne
StarsSailor
Mr_Ada

Round one will be judged solely by the Invited Panel.

Judging Criteria!

Below is the criteria in which you will be judged on. Keep in mind that both vocal and video are important. Consider these questions/tips when preparing your audition!

Vocal Criteria (20 Points):

1. Pitch & Tone - 5 Points: Are you singing the song in a pitch/key that suits your voice? Are the individual notes on point? Do you go off key? Does your voice have a pleasant tone that fits the song?

2. Phrasing/Enunciation - 5 Points: Is your voice clear and concise? Do you sing the song with the correct phrasing? Do you hold and end the notes well?

3. Emotional Engagement - 5 Points: Do you connect with the song and deliver it with conviction? Make us 'believe' in the song and that you're telling your story.

4. Overall Song Choice: - 5 Points: Does the song showcase your voice? Does it fit tone? How well does your song choice challenge you? Is it a difficult song or way too easy? Do you make it 'sound' easy? Does it fit the genre requirements?

Video Criteria (15 Points):

1. Look - 5 Points: Costumes, make-up, appearance. Make an effort to 'look' the part of whatever you may be performing. Use facial expressions and play up the emotional/fun factor.

2. Staging/Blocking - 5 Points:Set the scene! Use props, body positions, lighting, camera filters? Move, create shadows, use body language! Set the tone and feel for the video.

3. Over All Presentation - 5 Points: Make sure your video matches your song choice. Make a creative connection! Tell a story! You are not allowed to edit so use your imagination and create a story line! Make the judges feel your song throughout your presentation. Connect the song/your voice with the video.

Good Luck Everyone!

Novella

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +29 +59

Contest Requirements:

Due to the nature of the cash prize, we must strictly abide by gaming laws. Please carefully read and review the Long Form Contest Rules prior to entering, to ensure your eligibility.

1. No purchase necessary to enter this contest. This is a skill based contest.
2. The contest will run from July 17, 2012 until August 14, 2012.
3. Each contestant must have their own account on SingSnap.com.
4. Contest is open to all members. Blue memberships are free. Blue members have an equivalent chance of winning as that of Gold members
5. To enter, submit completed audition songs to this thread prior to the deadline.
6. The song must be part of the SingSnap catalog.
7. You must sing on the track matching your chosen song.
8. No SingSnap Original or Original music permitted.
9. The song must be recorded fresh dated after this thread has been posted.
10. Only those from the Top 200 are permitted into Round One.
11. One song per Top 200 contestant.
12. Promotion of non-contest songs is strictly prohibited.
13. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.
14. Web Cams are required.
15. If you won the last SingSnap Official Contest, you are not elligible to enter this one.
16. Volunteers are permitted to enter provided they meet the remaining contest criteria.
17. Contestants will be judged on vocal performance as well as video performance.
18. There is one first place prize in the amount of $1,000.00 USD that will be awarded to the winner. There is one second place prize in the amount of $500.00 USD that will be awarded to the runner-up. There is a third place prize in the amount of $250.00 USD for third place. Fourth-Tenth place will receive a prize in the amount of $100.00 USD.
19. All prizes will be awarded on or before September 31, 2012. Cash prizes will be paid to the winners in the form of a US$ check or money order by registered mail or via Paypal. The winning entries will be announced in the "Finals" contest thread as well as by video update.
20. The odds of winning each prize is directly related to the number of entrants and the skill level of the participants.
21. The Contest is open only to individuals who are members of SingSnap.com who have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of residence as of the date of Entry and who do NOT reside in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions or the Province of Quebec, Canada. This Contest is void wherever prohibited by federal, state, provincial, municipal or local law. You must be eighteen (18) or older to enter this Contest to be eligible to win. Employees and immediate families or household members of Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, are ineligible to participate in this Contest.

Good Luck and Happy Singing!

Yankee_Julie314

Reply by Yankee_Julie314GOLD +1 +3

My friend Amereck is back! Ty for the duet, Dave! r/b4ae022d1

omg!!

bluekentuckygirl

Reply by bluekentuckygirlGOLD

Wooo HOO

DIVO257

Reply by DIVO257

WAHOOOOO! Thanks judges!!!!

Yankee_Julie314

omg!

Yankee_Julie314

NO WAY!

Yankee_Julie314

HAHAHA! I guess a thank you is in order after I recover.

mgsacto

Reply by mgsactoGOLD

FLAGGINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.... YAYYYYYYYYYYY

Jules

Reply by JulesSPECIAL-EVENTS +3

Congrats to everyone who made it to round one! Sorry to the rest of the people who auditioned but you were all fabulous. Hope you'll stick around and see who wins that huge prize!

Terry

Reply by TerryGOLD

Flagging..and double checking that I DID see my name up there....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....thanks!!!!

now what to do...what to do?

congrats to all here...I'm tickled to have done this!!!

Jami19

Reply by Jami19GOLD

Good luck all!

Vane-viv

Reply by Vane-vivGOLD

that is what I say Sister singer....

NO WAY... WOOHOOOOO

I am so excited.....................

CONGRATS TO ALL 200.............. THANK YOU JUDGES.....

SABOL

Reply by SABOLGOLD

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TOP 200!!!!!!!

mgsacto

Reply by mgsactoGOLD

Wow..... what are the odds.... the top 200 finished in alphabetical order...

KS_Kutie

Reply by KS_KutieSPECIAL-EVENTS +1 +2

Congrats to everyone who made it to round one! Sorry to the rest of the people who auditioned but you were all fabulous. Hope you'll stick around and see who wins that huge prize!Jules166

what she said =)

Yankee_Julie314

Congrats to everyone who made it to round one! Sorry to the rest of the people who auditioned but you were all fabulous. Hope you'll stick around and see who wins that huge prize!Jules166

Boy,that's for sure. Now I'm scared. lol

WildcatKevin

Reply by WildcatKevinPATRON

Holy cow, how the heck did that happen???

OK my last day of vacation and Im going to the beach, I'll have to look again when I get back to make sure I'm not dreaming

Zigster-Angel

Reply by Zigster-Angel

cool.........can I do an oldies song now.......lol

Yankee_Julie314

Wow..... what are the odds.... the top 200 finished in alphabetical order... mgsacto

hahahahaha nut!

removed1234

Reply by removed1234

Woohoo! Congrats to everyone! Thanks judges!
I went from excited to instantly worrying about what to do next! So much talent here, congrats again to everyone. Now which genre??

Jules

Reply by JulesSPECIAL-EVENTS +3

I thought some of you might need this

Yankee_Julie314

cool.........can I do an oldies song now.......lolzigster

Your Steppenwolf was pretty old lookin' with those gray streaks, Ziggy. lol

VeeGee

Reply by VeeGeeGOLD

So excited!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

SassyMama2

Reply by SassyMama2GOLD

Whew.......computer is much better now:D

Didn't make it but sure had a fun time, Thanks to all that heard/saw my video:D:D:D

Curlyshirley

Reply by CurlyshirleyGOLD

My Daughter had a little Girl and she is in total Shock, in a happy way. Name to be announced on Sat

Wow im on that list.................. Thanks Judges.

Congratulations everyone.

Thank You I dont know what to say here to be honest LOL shack but a nice shock.

chenili

Reply by cheniliGOLD

Hello, nice people. How are you?

Wooty WOOT woooot!! Yay! Very excited to get started on the next round! Thank you, judges!

Yankee_Julie314

Woohoo! Congrats to everyone! Thanks judges!
I went from excited to instantly worrying about what to do next! So much talent here, congrats again to everyone. Now which genre?? StevenHughes

I did too!!! There is no way in blazes I figured. I was just coming to see how many of the ones I anticipated would be here really were so then I could relax. That excited moment didn't last long, Steven. lol

Yankee_Julie314

Wooty WOOT woooot!! Yay! Very excited to get started on the next round! Thank you, judges!chenili

Bet you already have your house set up for the scene, Erin. lol

Terry

Reply by TerryGOLD

Wow..... what are the odds.... the top 200 finished in alphabetical order... mgsacto
amazing, isn't it?? :))

Yankee_Julie314

Wooty WOOT woooot!! Yay! Very excited to get started on the next round! Thank you, judges!chenili

Bet you already have your house set up for the scene, Erin. lol Or called the neighbors telling them you need their yards. lol singingsister57

Yankee_Julie314

hahaha well I meant to edit that. I seldom quote myself. lol

SABOL

Reply by SABOLGOLD

WHOO HOOO IM TICKLED PINK!! HEHE CONGRATS EVERYONE!

chenili

Reply by cheniliGOLD

Hello, nice people. How are you?

Will there be a playlist of the 200?

Yankee_Julie314

Edited reply by Yankee_Julie314GOLD +1 +3

notice how everyone is going "no way!" and "OMG." Zig says, "cool" lol You know you're good. You born-to-be-wild-man. lol

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Internet is finally back! Will be catching up on listens over the weekend! :)

OMG! I thought I saw a nice comfy chair up there! Where is it! Too late, just hit the floor!

cdh1432

Reply by cdh1432GOLD

Very happy to be here!!

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

OMG! OMG! OMG! LOL!

weegeegirl

Reply by weegeegirlGOLD

OMG!!!! YAY!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M IN!! I'M SOOOOO EXCITED! ITS MY FIRST CONTEST!

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Hey just kidding! I meant to say "Cool"!

mgsacto

Reply by mgsactoGOLD

notice how everyone is going "no way!" and "OMG." Zig says, "cool" lol You know you're good. You born-to-be-wild-man. lolsingingsister57

Yeah.... but look how far down on the list he is... lool

Cinderella80

Reply by Cinderella80GOLD

Woooohooooooo!!!!!! OMgoodnessss!!!! Thank youuuuu!!! I'm soooo stoked! Congrats Everyone!

Double checkin....

Yep! Wooohoooo!

JohnnyAngel

Reply by JohnnyAngelGOLD

Will there be a playlist of the 200?chenili

YES.

It's being worked on by the Events Team, as we speak.

nursenessa

Reply by nursenessaPATRON +14

Is working Sat & Sun from 7am to 11pm. Have a great weekend Mdf's :-) God Bless <3

WOW, CONGRAT'S EVERYBODY....THIS IS A FUN CONTEST!

JohnnyAngel

Reply by JohnnyAngelGOLD

CONGRATS EVERYONE

you all did a FANTASTIC job!!!!!

Good luck in ROUND ONE!!!!

JUDGE JOHNNY ANGEL

beevee

Reply by beeveeGOLD

On my hiatus for a while.....All songs on private..Need to clean up my library....

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII didn't make it but my son Jay_Alexander did...Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

So that means we made it!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to all, but a special shout out to my son Jason...............( SHOUTING ) HEY JASON U MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankee_Julie314

notice how everyone is going "no way!" and "OMG." Zig says, "cool" lol You know you're good. You born-to-be-wild-man. lolsingingsister57

Yeah.... but look how far down on the list he is... lool mgsacto

hahaha yeah, he always just slides through by the skin of his teeth. lol

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD +1

•••Something Wicked This Way Comes•••

Thank you for the opportunity and congratulations to those who made it past the audition phase. Good luck to all!

Yankee_Julie314

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII didn't make it but my son Jay_Alexander did...Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

So that means we made it!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to all, but a special shout out to my son Jason...............( SHOUTING ) HEY JASON U MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!beevee

Awwwww, now I love this!!! concrats mom and Jason! You passed that singing gene on to him, Mom.

Mitchc

Reply by MitchcGOLD

Wow!........don't believe I got through.......there was so much talent out there.
Got to get my thinking cap on now for my next offering!!

- Next