Dream Video: The Candy Man

This topic is listed in Promotion. It has been viewed 364 times and 9 replies have been made.

BCSchmerker2LEVEL 88

Post by BCSchmerker2

Recently, I recorded a track for the Happy Halloween achievement as part of "The Badge Is Back ... Is Back!" The piece?

THE CANDY MAN / SAMMY DAVIS JR. w/ THE MIKE CURB CONGREGATION
(Leslie Bricusse/George Anthony Newley) Taradam Music, BMI

This is one piece that would've been more fun, had I a headworn mic, a confectioner's apron, and a usable set with miniclouds rising from the back counter and two temperature-controlled ovens. Some of our fellow 'Snappers would have been go-to's for extras, and some edibles (e.g., dessert-sized matzo dishes with a very light sugar icing on the goods side) would have been ideal props for the video shoot: "All right, everybody, gather 'round, the Candy Man is here! What kinda candy do ye want?"

Verse 1: I could picture me with a Hawai'ian-style fruit cake, a Microplane® grater and a hand each of ginger and taro roots, a 50°C pot of bittersweet chocolate (60% cacao) and a wood-handled stainless-steel ladle, and a jar of sprinkles for garnish.

Verse 2: Lemon pie under construction here - Graham-cracker crust and an appropriate filling. A second pie would have already finished baking, ready for the cooling rack at action.

Any suggestions for set details and the dessert to build for Verse 3 ("Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream....")? Let's read 'em.

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD

Crykey! So your the one who invented the whole "Chain fruitcake" thing, eh? How many years does it take for the fruitcake to come full circle, since most of us re-gift the fruitcake? Even though the cost of shipping it is outrages, since it weighs forty pounds, its worth not having to barf. BAAHAA hahaha! LOL! Jus kiddin BCSchmerker2. LOL! I love your post, it is really fun. I'm going to listen to your song now and I wish you luck passing that yummy fruitcake off. ON. I MEANT ON! LOL!

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

I'm not sure what your intent is? Are you going to do a new video for the song? What is it you're asking for, ideas for the video, video elements or clips you can use?

One thing that could use some improvement is video quality (maybe a different format).

James

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD

I'm not sure what your intent is? Are you going to do a new video for the song? What is it you're asking for, ideas for the video, video elements or clips you can use?

One thing that could use some improvement is video quality (maybe a different format).

Jamespls8xx

He is asking for ideas as to his set. Props that relate to the song. He would also be open to ideas as to the deserts he will be creating as he sings. Honestly, I don't understand what he says half the time, he's super intelligent so his vocabulary contains terminology I didn't know existed. But I'm getting used to him. LOL

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

My ideas only seem possible if he does an edited video production.

He might borrow a background for his green screen image from willy wanka.

And the candy man should have a magic wand, correction, a magic spoon. Dip the spoon in a honey vat and wave it overhead creating a string of golden bubbles. In swoops a hummingbird to feed on the bubbles.

Mix up honey, peanut butter, and chocolate. Pour it out in globs for the Easter Bunny, touching each glob with the magic spoon to change it into brightly colored eggs.

Edited video is only limited by one's creative imagination.

BCSchmerker2LEVEL 88

Edited reply by BCSchmerker2

Looks as though one of my fellow YouTubers found the ideal set: To cap off her recent visit to New York, NY, USA, Jillian "Pixielocks" Vessey, of Charlottetown, PE, CAN, was guest of honor at a Confetti Club meet at Dylan's Candy Bar (1011 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10065-8501, USA). A closer-to-practical for me would be Dylan's Left Coast branch store (6333 West Third Street, Los Angeles, CA 90036-3109, USA).

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

I couldn't find any video there, but the site does have some great still photos that could be used for a background as well as close up pics of treats. Looks very adaptable to your song theme.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 99

Reply by VitaminDeePATRON +10

Wow 10 years on SingSnap-- thanks for all the songs, fun and amazing friendships

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b986c31fd

Here is a video I made involving sweet treats

Pm me if you Would like to try and collaborate.

BCSchmerker2LEVEL 88

Reply by BCSchmerker2

As it turns out, VitaminDee used quite the video trickwork on her take of:

I WANT CANDY / BOW WOW WOW (The Strangeloves cover)
(Robert C. Feldman/Gerald Goldstein/Richard Gottehrer/Bertrand Russell Berns) Grand Canyon Music/Web IV Music, BMI

A different direction from what I picture for a re-shoot of:

THE CANDY MAN / SAMMY DAVIS JR. w/ THE MIKE CURB CONGREGATION
(Leslie Bricusse/George Anthony Newley) Taradam Music, BMI

in one of the six locations of Dylan's Candy Bar, all working candy shops with interiors to promote the confections for sale.

BCSchmerker2LEVEL 88

Reply by BCSchmerker2

That's all this Topic, folks! Thanks for your input.

B. C. Schmerker