•Smiley Programs ›

This topic is listed in Profile & Thread Design.
It has been viewed 6,048 times and 55 replies have been made.

- Next
--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Edited post by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

Hello friends and Members... An assortment of new smiley programs for you to enjoy. These will work easy for you. I have had a few people using these and testing them for me so I will release them now. ( thank you friends) .
This program will install nicely and create a desktop shortcut...This App will rest nicely on top of your SS pages. ( songs or forums). With smileys in
"real time" animation for easy visual selection, You simply 'mouse over' on the image of your choice and drag and drop the image right into your text area box where ever you comment, site wide. The program will produce the image link for any smiley in songs or threads.
Note: This program is not an "official" Singsnap program. If the site decides to change HTML settings , the program may not work in the future if a change is made by the SS developers.

• Demonstration/Example of the Drag and Drop Smileys: Works properly in Songs/PM's and Threads/Forums. Watch closely.

___

• Select the proper code selection, depending on what area of the site you are visiting, song/PM or Thread/Forum. Simply left click on the image you like and drag the image into the text area (button pressed). You can repeat this as many times as you like and/or different images. This makes it very easy and quick when commenting. You can also depict the App size or minimize it as well if needed. If you want to add more smileys of your own? Read the thread below for editing instructions

As of now We have 3 different Smiley Apps to chose from. More will be coming soon for different events and seasons Mac and Linux users?.. I will have the Apps available soon if there is interest in them.

• First batch of Smileys: These are Yahoo Messenger Smiley replica's . Animated in the App & Animated in the comment you send.

______
________

• Second Batch are familiar looking for Skype Users (Replica Smiles). Unfortunately these seem to only work well on Lighter backgrounds and a little fuzzy on darker backgrounds.

______
________

• Thus far, the third batch are a huge variety. These
seem to look fine everywhere. Thank you Nance for rounding
these all up for me =).

______
________

• Mac or Linus Users?. If there is interest in these Apps I will have more soon.

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Edited reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

•Optional Features for these Apps. Edit them!

______ ______

This program consists of 2 files. The smiley " executable " file and the "icons" (XML)file. If you're an somewhat experienced coder... you can edit the program you're self. You can add your own smiley links (if you have images hosted on your photobucket or etc).. or say you have certain image links you like to present when you comment?. Well you can add these to the App utility so they are easy to drag and drop right into the text area on songs or forums.

you will find the file which is located in your "program files"
START>>>
MY COMPUTER>>>
LOCAL DISK (C:)>>>
PROGRAM FILES>>>
SS Smiley (file)>>>
Icons (XML)

Now right click on your "ICONS" file... and "OPEN WITH" your "NOTEPAD". Now you will see

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

.......so
.............on
...................so
........................on

So on .. and so on... at the bottom of the codes.. or anywhere you would like your image to be seen within the App, you will continue the image link of your choice
so !.. say we have a cool image, you will just add your own code with link example below says :

Okay... you will definitely need to change the id="98" to a number larger than the last ID ... so add an ID= to a different number..

and if you have a lot of new images? you want the App to show, well you will continue the id="100"
id="101"
id="102"
id="103"

and when you're done adding the new images.. you will re-save the "icons" folder and there you go!.. you now have new images.

aqtrcowgirl

Reply by aqtrcowgirlGOLD +2 +8

flagging .. Thanks sweetie .. I love 'em!!!

Luvnmyheart

Reply by LuvnmyheartGOLD

Flagging as well... Thanks Your awesome!!

ricky_dale

Reply by ricky_dalePATRON

Thanks much***********

---Nancy38---

Reply by ---Nancy38---GOLD

Me and My love.. Nice WeeKend ~ r/aa7c799b1

Hey Dennis ....

I'm glad you finally finished your smiley program ... You're the best coder and designer of the SS .. Oh yes , Trust me !!!.... I believe in your talent and you my friend ....God Never doubt you ... People love you little sun ... I warmly thank you ... Finally!! Now we have fun ... YOU Are you Dennis .. You Are .....

---Nancy38---

Reply by ---Nancy38---GOLD

Me and My love.. Nice WeeKend ~ r/aa7c799b1

Aww Dennis, You Welcome sweet.... it is a pleasure to help you ...You Rock LOLLL......

Shilohkoko

Reply by ShilohkokoGOLD +4

Denny? You are da bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Lovin this! Thanks so much!!!!

Shilohkoko

Reply by ShilohkokoGOLD +4

Right on my brotha! Right on! ...............

Misty_Rose

Reply by Misty_RosePATRON +1 +5

To u i know i Cant come crying to u love ya any way sweet cheeks

FLAGGING

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

Hi Everyone.. thank you for dropping in... have a wonderful weekend ~!!! Hope these work well for you.

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

test test

STRESSARELLA

Reply by STRESSARELLAGOLD +3

Shocktober week 3: r/b1a4b8199

you are so awesome, Denny

I love how you put everything so even a blonde like me can understand, lmbooooooo

thanks sweetie

bigg huggs~nea

flagging

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

Thank you Nea.. appreciate you writing.. lemme know if you have any problems..

Yeah i have to write things out in detail to make sense of it for myself too..hehe..

have a great Snap adventure! hugs!

Kimeroo

Reply by KimerooGOLD +1

Ugly Girl ........r/a5691bab1

flaggin~ yay!!!!

LoisRV

Reply by LoisRVGOLD +4 +14

Another escape to our fav campsite like in profile pic this week to enjoy autumm scenes and colors

Thank you Dennis for everything that you do to make SS more fun... joyful!

Beebopgrasser

Reply by BeebopgrasserGOLD

TY So much Denny...I still have my 2 pages U made me a couple years ago...Appreciate U bunches & bunches my friend!!!

mirame

Reply by mirameGOLD

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

I like this so enjoy your Themes Ty so much

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

You all are very welcome, I enjoy making themes and programs to make SS even happier and funner... ,...

hope you all are having a great weekend !!

carrievargas

Edited reply by carrievargas

starsearch

Reply by starsearchPATRON +1

flag

Jayda

Reply by Jayda

flag

BarbieLynn65

Reply by BarbieLynn65GOLD +2

wooohoooo..something new to play with..Thanks toni(cowgirl) for sending me this link..thanks denny for working to hard and keeping new things coming out..I have not been around in a while,,I had the old smily..from wheeeeeeeeeeeeew way back..LOL

aqtrcowgirl

Reply by aqtrcowgirlGOLD +2 +8

ur welcome sweetie ..

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

wooohoooo..something new to play with..Thanks toni(cowgirl) for sending me this link..thanks denny for working to hard and keeping new things coming out..I have not been around in a while,,I had the old smily..from wheeeeeeeeeeeeew way back..LOLBarbieLynn65

GOOD to see you Barbie.. welcome back..lol.. You always make SS fun!... and thank you for commenting. Hope everything is going great!

ur welcome sweetie ..aqtrcowgirl

You're always a sweet friend to all Toni.. hugs.. hope you're doing great! ...

vcglancs

Reply by vcglancs

Hi Denny,
I wonder if you can help!
When I tried to download your smiley program and clicked to "run" it I got a warning bar saying "The publisher couldn't be verified and downloading could harm your computer, are you sure you want to run the program?"
I'm not very computer savvy and would like to know if this is normal and am I ok to continue?
Thank you for any advice you can offer!!
Viv x

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

vivienne, i understand your concern, you are first i have with this issue ^ looking into this matter... i spent a lot of time building this.. this is the last thing i want to hear .. nothing i produce will harm your computer. i promise... i will make it right if i need to publish it differently . ... ect...but I know it is safe.. thanks for letting me know..

--CherAlyn--

Edited reply by --CherAlyn--GOLD +4 +9

Hello Denny, big hugs!! I know you very well and I know without a doubt, you would
never produce nor publish anything that would harm anyone's computer. You
spent many long hours developing this program, testing it, and making sure it
worked properly before releasing it to be used by SS members. I use it and
enjoy it a lot. Thank you for sharing your talent with us and making SS fun.
Hugs, CherA~

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Thank you baby~ Chera.. appreciate you saying that~!
As far as publishing and copyrights?.. i don't believe in making programs for SS as MY own copyrighted and publishing when SS reserves all the rights... merely helping to make the site even funner

I promise these programs are safe to use~

Vicster

Reply by VicsterGOLD +5

Happiness is...

Hi Denny,
I wonder if you can help!
When I tried to download your smiley program and clicked to "run" it I got a warning bar saying "The publisher couldn't be verified and downloading could harm your computer, are you sure you want to run the program?"
I'm not very computer savvy and would like to know if this is normal and am I ok to continue?
Thank you for any advice you can offer!!
Viv xvcglancs

First...congrats Denny on getting your Smiley program up and running! I haven't tried it yet as I just haven't had much time to play here but I will when I have more time. Excellent job!!!!

To Viv and to clarify for all...
Rest assured, no cause for alarm. I have many years of computer/web design experience...think I have seen that same message a zillion times. That is a standard warning that would apply to many program downloads if the creator/publisher is not a big company that is "verifiable" like Symantec (Norton), Microsoft, etc. Companies who produce programs used by the masses can be verified as safe due to the large number of users and again, just the fact that they have a history of producing programs for the masses and are well known.

"publisher couldn't be verified" - that would be because "the publisher" is Denny and he is not one of those big "verifiable" companies. Just a generous person that has put his talents and time into making a great program for others to enjoy.

"could harm your computer" - They only say "could" because they don't know Denny and are not familiar with his programs/work. So, just a caution IF you don't know the creator/publisher of the program...but in this case we do so all is good.

I know that anything Denny would put together would NEVER contain any malicious components like viruses, trojans or anything of that nature. In fact, I would even bet chocolate on that! (chocolate is way more serious than betting money on something lol)

I hope that helps!

Vicki

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Hi Vicki..
I really appreciate you taking time to comment and explain as you did.. you're very kind to do so... you certainly explained it well.. you are very adept with your skills in computer design and made a lot of sense... this is actually my first program... and I certainly only tried to provide some more fun with commenting ~ ~ .. I love exploring new programs and fun~ .... I adore you ... & the time you have taking to explain... you're awesome Vicki~... I am actually learning even more thanks to all this and you ...

vcglancs

Reply by vcglancs

Woo Hoo Denny, It works brilliantly
As you assured me I have had no problem at all with my computer after downloading.
Also it must be completely safe if any woman bets chocolate on it, (Vicki)
Thank you so much for all your help and for making our commenting and messaging more fun. You definitely deserve one of these

Cheers Viv.
xxx

vcglancs

Reply by vcglancs

Oh bother, they mustn't work on threads!!!!
Never mind, they work everywhere else:-)
x

vcglancs

Reply by vcglancs

Well I'm such an idiot I've just seen the options on top, let's see if this works

vcglancs

Reply by vcglancs

Yeah,
Now I'll give you one of these Denny
Thanks again:-)
Viv X

LilKitty

Reply by LilKittyGOLD

flagging!!

GentleRaiin

Reply by GentleRaiinGOLD +1 +1

Ty kindly for your listens n comments msf. hugs n blessings! :)

oh this sounds super.......flaggin'

KellyAnne4Peace

Reply by KellyAnne4PeacePATRON +4

Over 210,000 views?! Thank you Snappers!! ((HUGS))

Denny, If you send me an email address I can zip hundreds of smilies to you...

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

Hi Everyone..

Happy 4th of July~!

Denny, If you send me an email address I can zip hundreds of smilies to you...KellyAnne4Peace

That would be great.. as soon as i can get time.. i would love that! ... Your art graphics are amazing Kelly~ !

KellyAnne4Peace

Working on them... I bought a duplicate program to save us both some work. Sent you two zipped folders already. The rest as soon as the contest I'm judging ends.

Thanks Denny... What you do is amazing too, ya know! I can't do what you do!

tikililly

Reply by tikilillyPATRON +9 +16

Hi Denny, I downloaded your Yahoo replica app and installed it no problem, it's only when I double click on the app icon I get a message "The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000135) Click on OK to Terminate Application. What could be the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Sandria

Reply by SandriaGOLD +2

grabbed a set of smileys too...Thanks!!

Sandria

Edited reply by SandriaGOLD +2

Sandria

Reply by SandriaGOLD +2

my bad lol its working, thanks again!

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

any issues?.. download and update to current Microsoft .NET Framework and everything will work fine..

always good to be updated anyway as newer stuff comes out ...

when i have time i will be making some changes to improve this program better yet..
i will have these working for mac as well..

Twirl

Reply by TwirlGOLD +6

Update for KellyAnne4Peace member/twirl Thank U for Prayers

Thank you so much Denny for all the time you give to make things so awesome for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank you so much for all your time helping me get it downloaded.....you rock!!!!!!!!!!
Also love the awesome background pages you made!
hugs deb

Reply by 0k

/

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Internet is finally back! Will be catching up on listens over the weekend! :)

Patiently awaiting mac version! Smiles!

KellyAnne4Peace

Denny... Where are you?

sharelle78

Reply by sharelle78

testing

~Shameka~

- Next