Dressing up web page

This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help. It has been viewed 1,029 times and 7 replies have been made.

spoonLEVEL 25

Post by spoonGOLD

Does anyone know how to dress up web page? I want to add pics.and backround Images to my page. Chris

kit001LEVEL 3

Reply by kit001

go to a sight that has "myspace" graphics and copy the html code, place it the box after your personal info on your profile. if you want to use graphics in your comments to people on the songs & singing, do the very same thing, then place your comment in the box then paste the html code in with it, hit the submit button and your done.

spoonLEVEL 25

Reply by spoonGOLD

Thank you I will give it a try..Chris

kit001LEVEL 3

Reply by kit001

yvw :o)

ShyLynnLEVEL 3

Reply by ShyLynn

Just be careful not to go overboard like some do Chris. Makes it so hard to even read. I hate myspace codes and delete any comments that have them and/or graphic. Check out connieg's page for an example of an amazing page that is completely free of persky graphics and sparkly things.

ShyLynnLEVEL 3

Reply by ShyLynn

Just be careful not to go overboard like some do Chris. Makes it so hard to even read. I hate myspace codes and delete any comments that have them and/or graphic. Check out connieg's page for an example of an amazing page that is completely free of pesky graphics and sparkly things.

ShyLynnLEVEL 3

Reply by ShyLynn

whoops, that darn submit key get stuck again?

DoneasterLEVEL 47

Reply by DoneasterGOLD

Well, here is my take on all these moving graphics and slide shows, they take up a lot of bandwidth and cause problems. They can cause the site to slow down to a crawl and cause the kinds of problems like they have over at Bix. As an example, causing audio skipping and sometimes your recordings not being saved because it's taking too long and the server times out. I think the administrator of these sites should inform people of the problems that can be caused by putting these types of things on their profile pages and ask that they stop doing it. I'm sure that most people would be glad to refrain from doing these types of things if they realized that it was causing problems with the speed of the website.