PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING OR HOSTING A CONTEST!!!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 28,015 times and 591 replies have been made.

Next >>
MilesLEVEL 55

Post by MilesGOLD

I've run a couple of contests now & been in several & thought it might be useful to offer some suggestions to both contestants & hosts before either entering or hosting a contest!!

HOSTS

1. Plan your contest carefully before you start. The most successful contests are those which seem to have everything in place before they commence...know how long they will run, how long each round will last, what themes you will use, how many will be eliminated each round, how many will be in the final, what, if any, prizes will be awarded. Know also what you will allow & what you won't. Are harmonies ok? What about prerecords? All audition rounds seem to use prerecords but think about using them in the contest itself...remember that real life gets in the way for contestants at times & they sometimes end up with no time to record...allowing prerecords frees up a lot of time for your contestants & also saves people recording the same song over & over again!

Also, have your judging sorted before the contest starts. Are you alone judging? Will there be other judges? How will the judging be done? What happens if there is a tie at any point in the contest? Forward planning can save you a lot of headaches & panic in the event of circumstances which seem to crop up regularly in contests!!!!

2. Make sure you explain what your contest is about right from the start. I've seen several contests which basically say "Let's have a contest...audition here", without giving potential contestants a clue as to what it's all about. By doing this you run a very big risk of losing people who make it through auditions if they find it wasn't what they were looking for.

Be concise & clear when saying what your contest is about. Explain how long each round is, how long it will run, what happens regarding judging, what the basic concept of the contest is, what is & what isn't allowed. Always give clear & precise information regarding the deadline for each round. The more people know about what is needed, the fewer problems you should have.

3. Be prepared to spend time on your contest....they don't generally run themselves & a good host is seen regularly on his/her contest threads, encouraging contestants & answering questions...& keeping the whole thing fun. People like song updates...lists of the entries so far...don't go overboard with these...they don't need to be after every single new entry...1 or 2 per page is adequate (too many can overrun a thread & actually make it harder to follow what's going on!!). A basic knowledge of how BB Code works is useful though not essential...using colours, italics or bold text will make certain things stand out...& certain pictures or graphics may be useful too...but don't clutter your thread with them or else the important stuff may get lost!

4. Be prepared to do a certain amount of chasing up. You WILL get contestants who seem keen & ready to do everything in auditions, yet during the contest seem to almost vanish. If your contest is a long running one & doesn't have any eliminations this point becomes even more relevant. You'll be amazed how many competitors let time run away with them or even forget about your contest completely for days or weeks!!! & don't be surprised when people drop out...because every single contest I've ever been in has had "no-shows"...sometimes through unforeseen circumstances, sometimes through forgetfulness, sometimes through apathy...but it WILL happen & much of this can be avoided by some gentle prodding. Make your topic heading distinctive...the contest I'm running right now I was putting the round at the end of the heading...& it wasn't showing on the contest page...by moving it to the front it meant everyone could then keep track of it a LOT easier! When each round finishes, put a link in to the next round so that your contestants can find the new thread easily too!

5. Keep it fun & try to avoid or fend off any drama. Most problems arise from people not understanding what was required or from judging issues...if you make things clear from the start then a lot of these problems can be avoided. SS is all about having fun with singing...it's not a site for professionals even though a great many here are good enough to be...contests & challenges are a great way to channel that fun...many people here are competitive, but even the most serious contest here is still just a bit of fun...none of this is life or death...so don't get too caught up in the actual competition side of it & let the fun slip out of the contest!!!

MilesLEVEL 55

Reply by MilesGOLD

CONTESTANTS

1. Make sure you know what the contest you are entering is all about. Does it have details of how it will run? Do you know or trust the host &/or judges? Are you fully aware of how long it will run for & what you will be required to do? Don't just enter a contest because you want a certain song heard in auditions...if you get through then you're going to be expected to compete...hosts generally put a lot of time & effort into contests & they want people who really want to be there. If you have any queries about a contest then ASK before you enter...it may be that contest isn't for you...or it may be the most ideal thing you could ever enter...but make sure you know before you commit to it. It's no good entering a contest that runs for 2 months if you're off on a 3 week holiday in a fortnight!!!

2. Remember that you become an integral part of any contest you're in & so treat them with respect. Pay attention to what each round is about or when it ends...it's a major headache for hosts not knowing what some contestants are doing or where they are! If you know you will be away or may have problems with a particular song or round then let your host know...as much for them as for your own benefit. If nothing else it may save you getting more & more frantic PMs asking where you are or what's going on!

3. Know when the deadlines are for each round & stick to them. It's easy, especially if you are in several contests, to lose track of what finishes when...you could be missing out on winning a contest by not paying attention...& also potentially cause a lot of confusion in your contest too. A good idea is not to enter too many contests at one go...unless it's something you can deal with properly!!!

4. Have fun during your contest...joining in on contest threads can be a great way of making friends & getting more out of the whole experience. Try to avoid any drama where possible...whole contests have imploded because of peoples' issues before now & that spoils it for everyone. If you have any problems, speak to your host about them...too often people fly off the handle or go with assumptions when simply talking to your host or judge could resolve everything before it gets out of hand. Also, don't take everything too seriously...remember, this is all for fun, so there's no need to make anything contest related life or death!!!

5. Once you have made it into a contest, stick with it. After all, you wanted to be there & all contests NEED contestants...the last thing ANY contest wants it's people dropping out or not particpating for whatever reason. This is where point #1 comes into play...if you don't think a contest is for you then don't enter!!! If you know you will be around for the duration of the contest & it's your kind of thing then go for it & stick with it!!! IF something happens which forces you to have to withdraw or be absent for a while...let your host know...they WILL understand & for all you know may even find a way to accomodate whatever your circumstances are & allow you to continue!

6. You won't win them all! You may not even win any! Not all judging decisions will be something you believe are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone is different, we all like different things & what YOU may think is fantastic may leave someone else cold...& vice versa!!! Be prepared to accept your judge's verdict. You may find that some contests appear to be biased...if that's the case then don't enter any more contests by that host!!! DON'T automatically assume that your judge doesn't like you though, or that they must be friends with someone else...this WILL be the case on occasion, but often isn't...& this is where knowing a little about a host or judge is useful before entering. Even then, some results may be not what you expected...but them's the breaks I'm afraid...if it was always down to the best singers then the same people would win everything...thankfully we DO all like different things & so lots & lots of different people have won contests here (even me...once lol!!). If you get knocked out of a contest, don't be angry, because it WILL happen...often when you least expect it! Just try again with another contest...persistence pays & even if you never win anything, enjoy the ride!!!!!!

7. Don't be half-hearted with entries...if you want to do well then put your all into your submission...if you think "Ah well that'll do!" & THEN get knocked out then you can't really be surprised!!! Ideally find what it is your judges are looking for & try to give them that...use contests & challenges as a way to stretch yourself, to learn new things, to improve areas of your singing & most of all to have a great time being involved with them!

Hopefully these points will help both contestants & hosts to get more from contests here :))))

LilliaLEVEL 84

Reply by LilliaGOLD

I hope they make this sticky so everyone will see it! Thanks for being so informative

typomaniacLEVEL 2

Reply by typomaniac

Thank you. I agree with all you said.

sneezymonkeyLEVEL 5

Reply by sneezymonkey

Very good post Mr Borg. Very well said!

I will pass you one of my home made biscuits through the monitor for having the patience to type an essay that long

LaNellLEVEL 33

Edited reply by LaNell

There are a few things, that come to mind, at the moment...that I'll add. I've been in a lot of contests, over the past year, but have only hosted one & that was just recently. It turned out very well, I might add.

For the hosts:
1. Try not to make the contest about yourself. In other words, do not start a contest, to showcase your own songs, or to get more attention. The contest should be about your contestants.
2. Respect your contestants. Do not "talk down" to them.
3. Your rules need to be clear, but not too "wordy." Too much info is boring & will likely not be read, in it's entirety.
4. If you're going to start a contest, please finish it out & don't leave people hanging.

For the Contestants:
As miles pointed out, take responsibility for the contests, that you've entered. (Do not expect to be notified, when your entry is due, for example.)
The most important tips: have a thick skin & have fun! :))

jujubesLEVEL 2

Reply by jujubes

I agree this should be sticky....

it's definitely in the interest of everybody who wants to run or enter a contest to read it.......

jimbuhu

Edited reply by jimbuhuGOLD

OMG you don't win all that you enter Please tell me its not so ....

I am crushed .... I may never ever recover ....

Ba ahahahahahahahahaah

As a side note: If someone runs a COntest and its not ever finished or does not seem to be a good contest .. Them I figure that you should enter into maybe 5 more they run ... since surely it will get better ... and hey if not ... Why would you ever complain.

jimbuhu

Reply by jimbuhuGOLD

I do like the info .... and agree should be a Sticky ...

Too many folks start someothing without planning or realizing how much REAL time it takes to properly run one ...

jimbuhu

Reply by jimbuhuGOLD

Very good post Mr Borg. Very well said!

I will pass you one of my home made biscuits through the monitor for having the patience to type an essay that long sneezymonkey

Be careful Miles .... I have eheard rumor of the cats head biscuits ... bahahahahaahah

jujubesLEVEL 2

Reply by jujubes

bump

stannyyjoeLEVEL 38

Reply by stannyyjoe

Once again Miles you are the voice of reason/sense and sensibility......I would expect no less of you

--Katie--LEVEL 48

Reply by --Katie--GOLD

#BeKind

Well said Milo!

johnnybrewLEVEL 49

Reply by johnnybrew

Nice one, Miles...:)

WiggyPiggy

Reply by WiggyPiggy

There are a few things, that come to mind, at the moment...that I'll add. I've been in a lot of contests, over the past year, but have only hosted one & that was just recently. It turned out very well, I might add.

For the hosts:
1. Try not to make the contest about yourself. In other words, do not start a contest, to showcase your own songs, or to get more attention. The contest should be about your contestants.
2. Respect your contestants. Do not "talk down" to them.
3. Your rules need to be clear, but not too "wordy." Too much info is boring & will likely not be read, in it's entirety.
4. If you're going to start a contest, please finish it out & don't leave people hanging.

For the Contestants:
As miles pointed out, take responsibility for the contests, that you've entered. (Do not expect to be notified, when your entry is due, for example.)
The most important tips: have a thick skin & have fun! :))

LaNell

Yeah I couldn't agree more LaNell about the showcasing statement.I've seen a few contests where you could blatently see the host's intention was just to post his own song links with each round.The idea was just to inflate comments and views cheaply.Hence the contest became just a side issue.The contests on here should be taken with a pinch of salt.

SheilaLEVEL 52

Reply by SheilaGOLD

I do like the info .... and agree should be a Sticky ...

Too many folks start someothing without planning or realizing how much REAL time it takes to properly run one ...jimbuhu

It's good to see you in public and not hiding!!! LMBO!

Miles, I agree with your post. I will even tell a shameful secret on myself as a contestant. At one time I was so addicted to the contest portion of this site that I was in twelve contests at one time. I could not keep up with them all so I kept a notebook of deadlines, etc., just so I could know what I was supposed to be doing.

jimbuhu

Well ah I admit I do more lurking then posting ba hahaahahah Amazing what ya read at times .... also dang if ya have a memory ... then you have a lot more insight at to things you see ..

And heads up Since I discovered the dang Flag function on Contest it is like a piece of cake bahahahaah

I used to do the same thing .. as you .....

I will say when I decide to do the blues Contest down the road I will make sure I am not in many or possibly any contest as I do know how dangt hard it is to run one as best you can and be fair to yourself and contestants ..

jimbuhu

HI

trkndufferLEVEL 5

Edited reply by trknduffer

You've got my vote for this becoming a sticky!
(In addition to possibly being adopted as the basic premise for SS policy in regards to contests.)

Just now in the ending stages of my first SS contest as a host, I must say that your post says a lot as to how things SHOULD be. (Three years experience as a 'live' KJ speaking here..) Many of your observations are not even considered by those who THINK they can host a contest, much less those who THINK they deserve to win every contest they enter as a contestant.

Plan your contest carefully before you start -
Proper planning leads to success. Plan your work and work your plan. Making up the rules as you go along does not exhibit the type of leadership necessary to guide ANY number of people to wherever you are going, ESPECIALLY if you don't even know which road you're going to take to get to wherever the destination is.

Have your judging sorted before the contest starts -
More important than the host, judges can make or break a competition, plain and simple. Fair, honest and uncompromised judging is essential. The commitment made by ANY judge must exceed that of any and all contestants. (Or host, for that matter..)

Always give clear & precise information regarding the deadline for each round -
The more people know about what is required, the fewer problems you should have. The more information the contestant is given up front, the less time spent answering the multitude of PMs trying to reply to basic questions. (Now all we need is to get people to read the directions!!!)

Hosts generally put a lot of time & effort into contests & they want people who really want to be there -
The obligation of running a contest should never be entered into lightly by a potential host that doesn't have (or doesn't want to commit to) the time and desire to do the WORK involved. Contestants need to be respectful of these efforts by being knowledgable as to what is going on and committing only to competitions they desire to actually be involved in - not just simply having a convenient place to post songs.

If you have any queries about a contest then ASK before you enter -
It is MUCH simpler to answer a question than to have to constantly chase after those that choose to think that the host is somehow responsible for their errors or misunderstandings. There's no such thing as a stupid question.. only stupid assumptions that result in someone else having to play 'babysitter'.

If you don't think a contest is for you then don't enter! -
(See above paragraph AFTER reading the host's rules and instructions.) DON'T waste your time AND that of the host and judges just trying to get your song 'heard'.
Spam is spam, no matter how you disguise it!

Use contests & challenges as a way to stretch yourself, to learn new things, to improve areas of your singing & most of all to have a great time -
If anyone thinks they are such a teriffic singer that they have nothing to learn and can't get any better, head for your nearest recording label studio.

Sorry, LaNell: "Your rules need to be clear, but not too 'wordy'. Too much info is boring & will likely not be read, in it's entirety" -
If you have a driver's license, please let me know when you are gonna be out on the highway. Every driver's manual gives you the rules of the road.. Doesn't do you any good to tell the cop that just pulled you over for driving on the wrong side of the road to tell him you didn't feel like it was important enough for you to read that section. If you don't have the time or inclination to read all of the instructions, then maybe you don't have time for the contest.

LaNellLEVEL 33

Edited reply by LaNell

Sorry, trknduffer. That's way more info, than I'm willing to read. LOL
I have a very good driving record...thank you very much. :))

I never said that the rules weren't important enough to be read. I just said that they will, more than likely, not be read. There's a big difference there.

Btw...your post, above, is very confusing. I think you must be quoting part of miles post & then part of mine, at the end. You should make it more clear, as to what you, yourself, are saying. If you post your rules like this, your contestants are going to be as confused, as all get-out. :))

trkndufferLEVEL 5

Reply by trknduffer

You wouldn't go to bake someone's wedding cake without reading and following the recipe and all of its directions, would you?

Even if the rules are only two lines long, there's folks out there that won't even read THEM - Just post whatever they feel like and expect to be in. And THEN they whine about being told they didn't do it right.

LaNellLEVEL 33

Reply by LaNell

How many contests have you been in, since you've been on the site, trkn?

trkndufferLEVEL 5

Reply by trknduffer

Haven't counted, really.. 4 or 5.. your point?

LaNellLEVEL 33

Reply by LaNell

I rest my case. Good night. ;))

trkndufferLEVEL 5

Reply by trknduffer

And your case is...??

Maybe it was too much for you to read in my first post. Regardless of how many (or how few) contests I've been a part of on this website, I DO speak from experience.

My case is this: Despite those who think they know it all (or are above everyone else), it comes down to RESPECT.

The host that put out the effort to put out all the information - Is that effort to be ignored? The contestant that gets DQ'd because of rules infraction (That out of laziness or just outright disrespect was disregarded?) - who's fault is that?

It has to be a two-way street - if contestants want respect and recognition for their time and efforts, they should be willing to give it to those who are doing the work.

AnnieLEVEL 86

Reply by AnnieGOLD

I'd like to add one little thing if I may...

....if you are going to require contestant voting, state that up front in the audition thread...PLEASE. I try to make a point to listen to as many people as I can in the contests I join, but it's not always possible. Knowing that I will be REQUIRED to listen to 50 or more people in order to vote will most likely steer me away because I KNOW I will not have the time to do that.

...also as a contestant...if you ARE required to listen to each other and vote...please make sure that you do. I've been in too many contests where the contestants simply submit names without ever having listened to everyone.

Ok...that's my two cents. G'night all.

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Edited reply by ConnieGGOLD

Add this in..

Don't expect to get through a round just because you take it upon yourself to bump somebodys contest up or you take it upon your self to make song lists or if you go off to find people to help the contest by applying or because the song is dedicated to your deceased grandma.

bbettyLEVEL 46

Reply by bbettyPATRON

Great advice here all around...great advice.

jujubesLEVEL 2

Reply by jujubes

And add this in.....

I have never nor would ever attempt to run a contest........I will freely admit my time, patience and imagination would be sorely tested by it......

So I am truly greatful and respectful of those who do put the time and effort into well run, well planned competitions.........HATS OFF!!!!!!! to you all.....xx

-Tas-LEVEL 71

Reply by -Tas-

Oh brother now I have to rename the contests I run..because of the inference that the ones I run titles Let's do this that or the other aren't any good...If anyone reads them though they will see how well thought out etc they are and how well run they are. So I would say I agree with everything Miles wrote up there, but ouched at the inference to contest titles that others copied immediately.

MilesLEVEL 55

Reply by MilesGOLD

Oh brother now I have to rename the contests I run..because of the inference that the ones I run titles Let's do this that or the other aren't any good...If anyone reads them though they will see how well thought out etc they are and how well run they are. So I would say I agree with everything Miles wrote up there, but ouched at the inference to contest titles that others copied immediately.grammatea4u

Tas, my initial statement wasn't about contests CALLED "Let's have a contest" or something similar, it was regarding the introductory post of ANY contest which says NOTHING about the contest except "This is a contest, please enter" (or something equally NON-HELPFUL!!)....obviously what a contest is actually CALLED makes no difference at all!!!

Also, regarding a host making a contest about themselves, I would agree here, although I've been in contests in which the hosts &/or judges also submit songs each round...indeed both contests I've run I've done the same thing...the important difference though is that anyone doing such a thing doesn't make the whole thing about THEM (as stated), setting a theme for a round & then joining in or doing a song as an example doesn't hurt at all PROVIDED that the sole aim of the contest isn't to just promote the host's/judges' own songs...I don't believe any of the contestants in either of my contests would have thought that...I certainly hope not anyway!!! lol

The whole "Too much information & people won't read it" is valid, but too LITTLE information is even worse because it runs the risk of contestants not understanding. I would say that every round should state PRECISELY what is required from entrants & that ALL CONTESTANTS SHOULD READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS...I would definitely, 100% recommend ANY contestant or judge in ANY contest flag that thread as soon as they see it (& this can be done by just clicking the little flag next to the topic heading on the threads page...it CAN also be done by replying to the thread & clicking the "FLAG TOPIC" next to the comments box before submitting...but isn't necessary!

I would also suggest as well that it's a good thing & also very polite for all contestants to make it known that they know the thread is there & what the theme is about so that their host/judges know that they are aware of it. There's nothing more frustrating than being on the last day of a round & wondering if 14 contestants even know the round is going...this leads to the dilemma of whether to contact those 14 or risk them all dropping out. A judge's or host's responsibilities shouldn't have to include running around after their contestants who are too lazy to bother!!! Obviously anyone running a contest wants all the contestants to submit or else the contest fizzles out, so we tend to lapse into chasing around after people...this just makes even more work & in a lot of cases is totally unnecessary!!

JulesLEVEL 97

Reply by JulesGOLD

Great thread, Miles. I agree that this should be sticky'd!

hunnyl0vaLEVEL 37

Reply by hunnyl0vaGOLD

Hi Miles! Thanks so much for this informative thread... flagged it I've just started participating in contests (so much fun!) and I'm starting to think that one day I'd like to host my own. This is some great advice, thanks a million!

jujubesLEVEL 2

Reply by jujubes

bump

MandyLEVEL 24

Reply by MandyGOLD

To anyone that is thinking of hosting a contest. Can you make sure you call your contest the same thing throughout its entirety -- From Auditions and every round you do In Progress.

My eyes go wonky at times trying to find a contest that has been renamed, especially when there is more than one person hosting it!

Also! Try to remember to leave a link for the next round on the old round..I quite often have to direct contestants who are lost!

Thanks!

wizard_of_ice

Reply by wizard_of_ice

This is great stuff. I have been in many and hosted many. It is great fun to do both. Some people are good sports and take getting eliminated ok and some do not. Too bad it is that way but it is. Some people are never going to beleive their song was not the best, but it is highly personal as to what some judges like or do not like. Sometimes it is almost impossible to choose anyway. The thing is I have met some really great people here doing contests and that is what makes it worth it. If i have ever treated someone wrong in a contest I am truly sorry and would like them to know it was not my intention. It is really tough o be fair to everyone sometimes. No matter what ya do someone is not gonna like it sometimes.

that said most people I see in contests are very good sports but a lot of them will never read the rules or the challenges to be done. Sometimes it really surprises me because some of them are really good most of the time, heck I have even missed a deadline or two, it happens. And if it does it is not the end of the world. Keep on hosting and entering contests.....it is more fun than working LOL

A10cgirlLEVEL 2

Reply by A10cgirl

Great thread and some fantastic advice! I've ran a few contests and entered many others. I enter them for fun and when I host I try to make them fun for everyone. As for the host or hostess singing in each round....I do always sing along with my contestants but I've always stated in my rules that I love to sing along with them but it's not required they listen or comment on my song. Running a contest is very hard work if you are truly dedicated to it so my little outlet is to sing along.

I never judge contests I'm hosting anymore...I did the first one and I find it's better to have the judging done in other ways. I like being able to mingle and mix with the contestants and make them feel welcome. It's hard to do that when you are judging. I like contests where the host or hostess is free to have some fun with the contestants. I've been in contests where the host or hostess seems so stuffy and I know that's not the case because they just can't have a good time with the contestants for fear they would be charged with favoritism. If the outcome of my contests are out of my hands then I feel free to have a good time, too.

LaNellLEVEL 33

Edited reply by LaNell

A10cgirl, you're one of the best hosts...that I've come across. I would enter one of your contests any day!

I don't see anything wrong with hosts posting a song, at all. My reference was to hosts, who are, blatantly, calling attention to themselves, under the guise of running a contest. For example, I was in a couple of contests, quite a few months ago....where the host was posting more songs than the contestants. That was about the only time he was visible on the thread, too. lol
Also, not long ago, one host admitted that she wasn't getting any attention, so she just started having contests of her own. She started about 10 of them, at the same time.

~~~~~~
That also reminds me of something else that is a no-no, for a host, in my humble opinion.
Please do not enter your own contests, whether it is under your own name...or an assumed name. :))

jimbuhu

I see nothing wrong with Judges doing a song ... in the Genre or Artist being sung .... as long as it does not take away from a contestant. Some folks think a Judge should be able to sing .. to judge ... Personally I dis-agree .. Tons of folks with good ears .. that know a lot about music and can't sing that well. I see some contest and will never enter them ..based on the Person running it ... I see others with a Particular Judge or Contest Organizer and know it will be a decent one. NOthing wrong with playing or picking on contestants ... ba hahahaah Like telling them they might have to Yodel the next round .... Imagine that .. Yet when Judging on a Song .. to me I prefer an impartial banner. Showing no favortism ... if at all possible. I really like Mile's defined information he took the time to write down ... I save that kind of good stuff for late on ...

jimbuhu

To anyone that is thinking of hosting a contest. Can you make sure you call your contest the same thing throughout its entirety -- From Auditions and every round you do In Progress.

My eyes go wonky at times trying to find a contest that has been renamed, especially when there is more than one person hosting it!

Also! Try to remember to leave a link for the next round on the old round..I quite often have to direct contestants who are lost!

Thanks!Mandy

Personally I feel you should totally rename it each round to keep the contestants on their toes ba hahahahaahahah

For Example:
Kickin Country Auditions
Country Time Round 1
Bass Ackwards Kuntry Rd 1x
Sing Now for Blackberry Cobbler Rd #3
Possum the Other White Meat Rd XXXX
Semi -Finals Bubba-Bubbete Yodels V
Finals - Sing a Song of CUntry ..

Thats not hard to follow .... I mean really

LaNellLEVEL 33

Reply by LaNell

Maybe not for you, jim!!! Bahahahaha

jimbuhu

Reply by jimbuhuGOLD

Hmmn One final Thing ...

I don't think Folks in a Contest need to read anything
or follow any rules ... or conditions set forth by the person/s oranizing the contest .

Why that is just not fair ...

How dare an Contest Organizer ask for such things as

Artist - Song
Link to song ...

or maybe to tell what that song means to them ...

I mean that is tough stuff ....

Surely no one should be subjected to that sort of unfair treatment ...

And Hey My Song is the best and has won contest many times .......

All the women love it .... Men too ...

Bla bla bla ...

Dang I am having flashbacks ba hahaahahahahah

(All written with tongue in Cheek ... must have been the Coffeee I had ... I have turned into a SAFA for sure this morning ...)

SAFA = Smart Ass from Alabama

jimbuhu

Reply by jimbuhuGOLD

Hi Lanell .... Now fess up ... that was not hard to follow ... ba hahahahaahahahahahaha

angimacLEVEL 10

Reply by angimac

I want that coffee you're drinkin' jim

jimbuhu

I want that coffee you're drinkin' jimangimac

Not a Problem ... Was kinder wierd they were servig it in this ceramic Jug ....

I know it was Fresh Brewed too ..

angimacLEVEL 10

Reply by angimac

yup, definitely need some of that

jujubesLEVEL 2

Reply by jujubes

going up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Binky-LEVEL 8

Reply by Binky-

i have NOT read all this but am going to... I just want to say to host that put graphic on such as FIREWORKS that make sounds on a song might need to re-think that i had 2 kinds going off in every which way I thought that why Snap went down even i had to delete comments anyways so you could hear SONG even........ good grief i wish there was a size limit on them too

OldLadySalLEVEL 3

Reply by OldLadySal

Amen, Binky! People with dial-up have to spend 'way too much time waiting for those stupid graphics to load and when they're the glittery, wavy, noisy ones, it's impossible. I think there's a time and place for graphics but I do wish people would be more considerat of others. We all know how to post them so it doesn't show anyone how smart or artistic the poster is. One of my pet peeves, too!

Binky-LEVEL 8

Edited reply by Binky-

i love graphics but i choose small and NEVER use glitter space type ones because they only INTERFERE with my page.... huggs sorry its one of my pet peeves i used to have dial up i understand.....

*** edited *** to say i really thought that the last comment i got from a judge caused my problem not being able to get on Singsnap i cleaned and rebootted pc and still couldnt get on first thing i did was DELETE the darn fireworks.....

OldLadySalLEVEL 3

Reply by OldLadySal

I'm lucky enough to have high speed internet but some of my friends aren't as fortunate and their frustration is palpable. And, frankly, I think some of the graphics are just plain tacky and overdone. We have lots of company in this peeve!

Next >>