This topic is listed in Challenges & Themes - Completed.
It has been viewed 8,189 times and 282 replies have been made.

- Next
Novella

Post by NovellaSNAP-STAR

Do You Dig It?

We have reached Week One of the March Through March Get Healthy Challenge! The goal of this month long challenge is simple - We want to encourage Snappers to start taking small steps in an overall effort to improve their health. This is for people of all ages, sizes and physical ability! As always, check with your doctor before beginning any new physical or dietary regimen if you have any health concerns.

Each week we will have a theme and while the challenge will always remain the same - we will post some tips, relating to this weeks theme, to hopefully help you toward your goal of getting more healthy!

It's Earth Week!

The theme for this challenge are the four main elements of existence and this week, we're pulling up our sleeves and digging deep. Earth, the ground, mother nature - the very core of our beings. This week is all about FOOD! Everyone loves food, we require it to grow - to survive. The most healthy of foods are those which comes from the soils that Mother Nature has created herself.

However, it's not just about the foods you consume - it's HOW you consume them. Here are some helpful hints;

Set Yourself Up For Success: Don't stress about counting calories or magically turning into a health nut over night. Pace yourself, take small steps and make tiny changes (like eliminating soda from your diet) that eventually will become habits.

Add a salad to your dinner menu, switch from butter to olive oil, use fat free milk! As time progresses you can make healthier choices that will become second nature. Every tiny improvement you make, counts.

Moderation: It's okay to give into temptation and to treat yourself sometimes. You only live once. Just remember to have things in moderation. Less often or smaller proportions!

Manage HOW You Eat: Eating is often times emotional. Try to eat with people as often as you can. Allow time for your family to enjoy your meals together. Put more emphasis on making the meal about being together, as well as nourishing your body. Listen to your body. Are you really hungry? Have a glass of water to see if the cravings pass before indulging in snacks. More (smaller) meals, frequently the day actually increased your metabolism and is healthier than one or two BIG meals. Spread them out, keep your body fueled!

Source: Health Guide. Check out the source for a really great article and more fabulous tips about how to make food work for you!

Your Earthy Challenge:

Part A - Song Challenge Sing any song from the Feature Page on March 9, 2012. The song must be dated March 9th to be eligible.

Part B - Fitness Challenge Your Fitness challenge this week was to increase your current fitness regime by 5 minutes, three-five times a week.

In your song comment section - simply tell us how it is going. Have you gotten any exercise in? Are you walking? Stretching? Remember, the level of activity you add to your day is 100% your choice. Whatever you comfortable with - just let us know how you're doing! Also, tell us YOUR idea of a healthy snack! Share a recipe if you have one.

Cam users, if you want to get featured; Show/Make us the snack on cam! Work out, or sport your most fabulous aerobic outerwear!

Rules & Guidelines:

1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday March 9, 2012! The song must be dated March 9.
2. No Two-Person duets allowed. You may harmonize with yourself.
3. Gender Benders are acceptable
4. You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!
5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.
6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.
7. Challenge is open to all members.
8. One song per Snapper.
9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.
10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.
11. Did I mention you must have FUN?
12. The song must be submitted in the following format.

Username
Song Title
Link

Happy Singing!

Nick1992

Reply by Nick1992

will read later!!

White_star

Reply by White_starGOLD

flaggings first one wohooo

White_star

Reply by White_starGOLD

lolll

Tigerlee

Reply by TigerleeSNAP-STAR

Have a wonderful day!

FLAGGING!!!! SEE YA FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Nick1992

Reply by Nick1992

sounds good.....

dsider63

Reply by dsider63SNAP-STAR

Flagging

Jules

Reply by JulesSPECIAL-EVENTS

Get those fitness levels up and see you all on Friday

Daydreamer2008

Reply by Daydreamer2008SNAP-STAR

Not feeling so good today..... :/

Flagging

jimscot

Reply by jimscot

Flagging

LilKitty

Reply by LilKittyGOLD

hey everyone!!! gettin' ready for week 2!!

Novella

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR

W00t!

SoftiSings

Edited reply by SoftiSings

WOW THIS IS GREAT SEE YA ALL ON FIRDAY HAPPY BEING HEALTHY

Novella

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR

I started my March Through March stuff last night with a walk with the doggies.

Went well. I need new running shoes though, I have nothing but gravel to walk on back here lol hurt my feet.

SoftiSings

Reply by SoftiSings

OPPS FORGOT TO FLAG :))

KS_Kutie

Reply by KS_KutieVOLUNTEER-VIP

See Ya Friday =)

ShineOnLove

Reply by ShineOnLoveSNAP-STAR

Summerfest Week 4 Once Upon A Time Wild Thing r/bcaeb073b

Flagged

SexyMama47

Reply by SexyMama47SNAP-STAR

Had a big day worked 11 hours and did my landry at the landrymat tired

FLAGGING IN WILL READ LATER

annabella122

Reply by annabella122GOLD

i am in

cannotsing24

Reply by cannotsing24SNAP-STAR

HI,DON'T LEAVE ME OUT AM JUMPING INTO THE BUS TO.............

cannotsing24

Reply by cannotsing24SNAP-STAR

THANKS FOR HAVING ME ...........

lynn266

Reply by lynn266

I am In

ladystormannie

Reply by ladystormannie

Flaggie

13gloria

Reply by 13gloriaGOLD

count me in please
flagging

sandylynn52

Reply by sandylynn52GOLD

IM IN FLAGGING

tree1

Reply by tree1SNAP-STAR

the winds of march into march.

Iceman1967

Reply by Iceman1967CHAT-ADMIN

woo hoo

Silver-Mom

Reply by Silver-MomGOLD

I am flagging early.

singin_peanut2014

Reply by singin_peanut2014GOLD

woo hoo

Tanama

Reply by Tanama

flagging

songbird1952

Reply by songbird1952

see ya there

Terry

Reply by TerryGOLD

flags....will be leaving early on Friday...might have to stay up late Thursday night to get this done early....:)

Sparrow5

Reply by Sparrow5SNAP-STAR

flagging yes

chelle190281

Reply by chelle190281GOLD

flagging

Jami19

Reply by Jami19SNAP-STAR

Flagging, and Trevor get singing, ya lost the bet (he went five minutss , so one minute over,lol)

Handmaiden777

Reply by Handmaiden777GOLD

Okay I am in! week one, I donr remember seeing a notice for last week? If there was I missed it. So, make up assignment needed one of the weeks.

I am in. Will do the challenge this week.

As far as making a healthy difference, I have already begun than Jan 15th.
1. I joined out YMCA
2. I workout 5 times a week- 1 hour on the gym equipment and 1 hour swim aquamotion.
3. I have joined a Pilates class this month, so the 5 mins extra is covered each week with 1 hour pilate class.
4. I eat a balanced 1200 calorie , I follow a diabetic diet, I am not a diabetic, but that diet is really good to loose weight by.
5. connect with the spiritual side as well...A soul, spirit mind and body = wholeness thing.
Since Jan 15th I have lost 25 lbs, toned and built muscle, lost over a whole dress size. I feel great and have lost of energy,

Anyone wanting recipe exchanges feel free to message me.

kaylee

Reply by kayleeGOLD

HAPPY MARCH THROUGH MARCH,,,GET HEALTH,,,,WILL BE FLAGING

Ladycutup1

Reply by Ladycutup1GOLD

FLAGGING................
EXERCISE....LOL WHAT KIND OF EXERCISE WILL I DO....
I EXERCISE JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW TO EXERCISE....
WHAT A SCREAM I WILL BE...

ffbaynatalie

Reply by ffbaynatalieGOLD

flagging

Belle_Morte

Reply by Belle_MorteSNAP-STAR

flagging

KARINA_50

Reply by KARINA_50

flaggingofftone

LadyFairiedust

Reply by LadyFairiedustGOLD

I'm flagging

chattycathy52

Reply by chattycathy52GOLD

FLAGGING.......

lovingtheson

Reply by lovingthesonGOLD

Guess I better check thisn out...I need healthy not fat....lol...
Flagged

mickey-lee

Reply by mickey-leeGOLD

I'm so sad so many 4got me here only a few know me it's like i died here my birthday is 9-29-14

Flagging, and Trevor get singing, ya lost the bet (he went five minutss , so one minute over,lol)Jami19
yes jamie ya sure won for sure ya get TREVOR to sing papa loved mama it's
garth brooks tune well if not a lic. song

KrazyBoutKatz

Reply by KrazyBoutKatz

Flagged!!!!!

marywuls

Reply by marywulsSNAP-STAR

Flagging

davidmarxm

Reply by davidmarxmSNAP-STAR

I AN IN

lion

Reply by lion

Missed first challenge due to illness...can I make up for it at some point, as I'd like to do this challenge?
I am in this week and ty feeling much better now.

- Next