Round 3 Me and My Harmony

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed. It has been viewed 1,413 times and 122 replies have been made.

Next >>
TheBrimLEVEL 81

Edited post by TheBrimGOLD

[img]http://i.imgur.com/v8GWOTg.jpg[/img]

Welcome to Round Three of Me And My Harmony

Now that the first layer of harmony is down it's time to find a place for the next one.

Round Three:
Adding the next layer of texture. We would like for you to sing the the second layer of harmony of your song for a total of three layers at the end of this round.

This round ends at 8:00 PM SS time 1-18-20 (Saturday evening) Round 4 will posted and began at the same time.

Please note: We will close the round if everyone is in and start the next Round the morning following the last entry is posted or at the end of the 3 days, whichever comes first.

When posting your entry please post the song title and link only.Please be sure to leave your first two recording open for reference if needed.
You may put them in IC for the judges if you like "however" we must have access to them throughout this contest.

Your Host and Judges

TheBrim
LivingInPa
BABYBLUE69
Tresses

Note: Singing in unison is not the same as Harmony.

Pre-recordings will be allowed in this round as long as that are time stamped after the beginning of round 1

Rules:

Absolutely NO DRAMA

No bold or colored text please.

Gender benders and duets are welcome so long as the original track does not have background singers.

All voices on your recordings must be yours and yours only.

All recordings must be time stamped after the the start of the first round.

Listening and commenting on others is not required only appreciated and you never know, you may pick up a few pointers and make new friends along the way.

Video is not required but welcome if you so choose.

Have Fun.

JUDGING CRITERIA:
Song choice
Recording quality, background noise
Creativity, make it your own
Timing
Use of your harmonies, placement of harmony and echo, repeat
Blending, mixing, use of mixer

Remember, Your lead vocal should always be heard over the harmony and be sure not to drown out the music. From here on out it’s all about timing and blending. The mixer is your best friend.

We want to be able to hear each layer of harmony clearly throughout the song from start to finish. This does not mean you should sing harmony word for word unless your song choice requires it.

Please feel free to drop by the Totally Harmony Plus page and check it out. You can post your harmony songs fo use to enjoy, listen to others and join in on the songs if you like. You can also post songs for us to do.

Totally Harmony Plus

Love to see y'all over there with your ideas and songs.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Edited reply by TheBrimGOLD

Artist - Contestants

1. Mark49 *** My Hero's Have Always Been Cowboys***
2. CazMania ***You say***
3. -CEZ- ***Songbird***
4. SugarBabe4u ***Sound of Silence***
5. AnnD3470 ***Tin Man***
6. SHANDEBEL ***Words***
7. GoldenMan ***For Emily Wherever I May Find Her***
8. Tigerin78 ***Losing My Religion***
9.Time_Passages ***I Believe in the Man in the Sky***
10. JPick ***The Lion Sleeps Tonight***
11. VeeGee***Bad Timing***
12. bdialmedia ***Bridge Over Troubled Water***
13. KaraokeKrackpot ***Crying***
14. RubenG ***More than words***
15. DidLeeSquat ***I see fire***
16. Lily04 ***Wild Horses***
17. dialyone ***Amazing Grace***
18. PostivelyBobby  ***Feeling That Way***

TressesLEVEL 68

Reply by TressesGOLD

Okay, singers of the songs.... bring it for us and maybe mess up some so we don't have such a hard time judging??? LOL......... Off to bed with me, just got back from a great trip seeing my brand new Grandson and I'm POOOOOPED!!!!!

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Reply by BABYBLUE69PATRON +2

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

Okay, singers of the songs.... bring it for us and maybe mess up some so we don't have such a hard time judging??? LOL......... Off to bed with me, just got back from a great trip seeing my brand new Grandson and I'm POOOOOPED!!!!!Tresses

Sleep well, Teresa. Will see you tomorrow, girl.
Glad you had a great time with your new grandson.

DidLeeSquatLEVEL 34

Reply by DidLeeSquatGOLD

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

Round 3
I See Fire
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/be9da8aa7DidLeeSquat

WOW! that was quick, I got ya added up there.

We had a bet on who would bring it in first and how long it would take. I lost LOL

GoldenManLEVEL 64

Reply by GoldenManGOLD

Round 3
For Emily Wherever I May Find Her
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c19c52b0f

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

Round 3
For Emily Wherever I May Find Her
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c19c52b0fGoldenMan

This has been added above and to the playlist

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

Sorry, been on the phone.

Can’t believe how fast the entries are already pouring in! Guess I better get my earbuds in and start listening! LoL

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

Till the AM, hope y'all have a good night.

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

Will be off here watching The Twilight Zone...a show about where I live..lol
Have a good night.
Will try to check back on here before I call it a night. Otherwise, will see y’all in the morning!

VeeGeeLEVEL 84

Reply by VeeGeeGOLD

CazManiaLEVEL 99

Edited reply by CazManiaGOLD +1

Flagging...

Busy today and on the road tomorrow, helping my sister move furniture into her Holiday home.
So I won't be able to record until Saturday I'm afraid.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

Good morning all

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Artist - Contestants

1. Mark49 *** My Hero's Have Always Been Cowboys***
2. CazMania ***You say***
3. -CEZ- ***Songbird***
4. SugarBabe4u ***Sound of Silence***
5. AnnD3470 *** Tin Man ***
6. SHANDEBEL ***Words***
7. GoldenMan ***For Emily Wherever I May Find Her***
8. Tigerin78 ***Losing My Religion***
9.Time_Passages ***I Believe in the Man in the Sky***
10. JPick ***The Lion Sleeps Tonight***
11. VeeGee***Bad Timing***
12. bdialmedia ***Bridge Over Troubled Water***
13. KaraokeKrackpot ***Crying***
14. RubenG ***More than words***
15. DidLeeSquat ***I see fire***
16. Lily04 ***Wild Horses***
17. dialyone ***Amazing Grace***
18. PostivelyBobby  ***Feeling That Way***

TressesLEVEL 68

Reply by TressesGOLD

Good morning bringers of the beauty... what a delicious sound to go with my delightful coffee!!!

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

Good morning everyone!
Just woke up. Will make some hot chocolate and head to VeeGee’s song.
Hope you all have a blessed day!

LivingInPa

Reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Good morning folks .

AnnD3470LEVEL 64

Reply by AnnD3470GOLD

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

Round 3
Tin Man
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bf799ebf7AnnD3470

Thank you, this has been added above and added to playlist

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Added Mark above

Mark49LEVEL 70

Reply by Mark49GOLD

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Just off doing my lunch time singing. yum yum LOL

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

Guess I better get back on my listens!
Had to get a shower... trying to get warmed back up and hair dried. Joe is gonna try getting here before the ice storm hits. Hopefully he can help me get some things done around here.

Tigerin78LEVEL 68

Reply by Tigerin78GOLD

TheBrimLEVEL 81

OH PLEASE Lord help me baby Jesus! Holy cow guys, y'all are bringing it this round!!!

SugarBabe4uLEVEL 93

Reply by SugarBabe4uGOLD +4

Dreams are the hearts desire the most!!

Sounds Of Silence ~ Simon and Garfunkel
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b8756ec07

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Making it happen, well done folks

LivingInPa

Reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Listened to here

bdialmediaLEVEL 57

Reply by bdialmediaGOLD +1

Bridge Over Troubled Water (No Backing Vocals)
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bc6abe177

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Name that tune.

I can in 8 beats.

You?

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

I’m behind.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

They be coming in like a runaway train girl LOL

lily04LEVEL 77

Reply by lily04GOLD

Well guess what. So since I was having technical difficulties recording on my computer I recorded on the android app. I just discovered that the app only allows you to harmonize with yourself one time because although I have my 2nd recording set to Allow Duets/Jams I'm not able to And if you record on the app you can't duet your recording on your computer. So it looks like I'm out. What a bummer!

I love me some harmony so I'm gonna keep up with you guys But now I'm gonna go to bed and cry lol just kidding! I worked 2 shifts yesterday and didn't get to bed until after midnight then up at 4:45 for a 6am shift today. I'm too old for that gig lol so I'm beat!
Have a wonderful evening! I'm looking forward to hearing your beauties after work tomorrow afternoon!

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Edited reply by BABYBLUE69PATRON +2

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

Well guess what. So since I was having technical difficulties recording on my computer I recorded on the android app. I just discovered that the app only allows you to harmonize with yourself one time because although I have my 2nd recording set to Allow Duets/Jams I'm not able to And if you record on the app you can't duet your recording on your computer. So it looks like I'm out. What a bummer!

I love me some harmony so I'm gonna keep up with you guys But now I'm gonna go to bed and cry lol just kidding! I worked 2 shifts yesterday and didn't get to bed until after midnight then up at 4:45 for a 6am shift today. I'm too old for that gig lol so I'm beat!
Have a wonderful evening! I'm looking forward to hearing your beauties after work tomorrow afternoon!lily04

Oh no!!! That sucks!
They should fix the app where they’re duetable! (Not sure that is a word...lol)

Hope you have a wonderful evening too, Sue. Get some rest...you work too hard!

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Have a wonderful evening! I'm looking forward to hearing your beauties after work tomorrow afternoon!lily04

OK, this is something we can check on. I know on the Ihpone you can put as many as 5 or 6 layers on it from the phone. Let me do some checking into that for you before you throw in the towel please. you still have a few days

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Due table???? is that something LMBO

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Edited reply by BABYBLUE69PATRON +2

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

Due table???? is that something LMBOTheBrim

Not sure, but it SHOULD be a word!! LoL
Duetable, meaning a song that you are able to duet.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

Due table???? is that something LMBOTheBrim

Not sure, but it SHOULD be a word!! LoL
Duetable, meaning a song that you are able to duet. BABYBLUE69

I LIKE IT!!!!

Time_Passages

Reply by Time_PassagesGOLD

#9 Time_Passages
I Believe in the Man in the Sky
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c1ad23017

Time_Passages

Reply by Time_PassagesGOLD

So sorry to hear that Suzy.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

****Updated to here****

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

OK folks, time to hit the rack, see y'all in the AM

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

Listened to here.
Am off to bed, so will see you all in the morning!

LivingInPa

Reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Good morning people

LivingInPa

Reply by LivingInPaGOLD

Crazy Pa weather, 70 day before yesterday, 54 yesterday, 16 this morning...lol.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

Reply by TheBrimGOLD

Top of the morning folks

BABYBLUE69LEVEL 98

Prayers for us ALL!! +++

Morning everyone

TressesLEVEL 68

Reply by TressesGOLD

Good Morning!! I was tired and we need to figure something out for Lily04 that is really a bummer!

TheBrimLEVEL 81

I agree this issue with the app I don't think any of us saw coming. I have used the old app many times in the past but had no clue that this new version would be so limited. I know the limits of the older version and just dealt with it but have not had to deal with this new one.

I know that many of us don't even use the mobile apps and don't really know what we are talking about so I'll try and explain a little for you all.

SingSnap has had an APP for the Apple Iphones for some time "however" it has its limits such as you can not change the pitch like you can here and the mic volume and mixer can be hard to use.
I've used it enough now to know how to work within its limits. But it does make picking songs a little harder bc some songs I won't sing (wait I can't sing anyway lol) if I can change the pitch. Also it can be hard to navigate through the songs to find something to sing.
On the plus side of the older IPhone all, you are able to sing duets or harmony layers over your recording, as many as you can stand and also open them on your computer and record on them.

With the new version of the Apple app and the "ALL new Android" versions they both have some really good stuff going for them that you can not do with the older version. However there are some things that they will not let you do AT all.

One of them is that you can not sing a duet/harmony layer on your recording from your computer if it was recorded using the app. From what I understand you are also limited on recording duets/harmony from the app once you have it saved.

This is the case with one or more of our very talented singers. Unknowingly they recorded the for the last round on their phone and now is finding that they can not get back in it to record for this round.

PLEASE use caution when using the mobile APPS! If by chance you have found yourself in this position, please please let us know and we will work with you to find a solution.

TheBrimLEVEL 81

>>>>>>>>>> Notice <<<<<<<<<<

For those experiencing issues with the mobile APP's, we are going to extend the deadline for this round (if needed) to give you the chance to record and enter your songs for the next round if you should so choose.

Please send either me or one of the other judges a PM to let us know what is going on.

Thank you,
Kevin

Next >>