Need to get with it sing snap

This topic is listed in Website Suggestions.
It has been viewed 612 times and 22 replies have been made.

redneckrayder

Post by redneckrayder

wow been a member for a lond time and still the same old song.Wow i need to find a site thats upo to date if it don't get better then this.

WHAT AMY I PAYING FOR FROSEN MEAT>>>>....

beebetter

Reply by beebetterGOLD +1

I know I am flagged as some type of rebel rouser but I really dont think I am....I think Sing snap is really a great place otherwise I would not have been here this long.....But as I look at the Sing Snap I joined Just a couple of years ago to what it is today and the direction it seem to be heading I am concerned and frustrated....Now I would like to just address the features section at this time.....when I joined the features were diverse there was selection in most every category...OK Blues and Bluegrass were pretty thin even back then But NOW unless Your POP ROCK or Counrty you have no representation in the features...R&B still has a page....Zero selection Jazz Bigband....Now come on I am a Babyboomer....I think there is still a lot of us out there....Jazz and oldies are still the catagories of choice and 50/60 Country.....but all these are being thinned to nothing...

Christian Holidays....Christmas, Easter....I have no idea how the Christian community on here is letting SS get away with this.....again Just refering to Features...This Easter no additional Gospel or Hymns at all in the features....Last Christmas....no additional Christmas songs until it was brought to Trevors attention....then there were 25 of the most obscure Christmas songs and most stayed in the selection until 3 days before Christmas and still not a classic Christmas song....If Sing Snap was in the States they would have every local church on their doorstep....With signs...

In summation...It is my belief that you have someone choosing feature songs that does not have the best intrust of Sing Snap at Heart....Has a personal agenda of Making Sing Snap a Country Karaoke site.....Hates Christians and more than Likely Jews since nothing was done for Hanukkah either.....and may also believe that all people over 60 should be put to death so it does not slow his plan down...OMG you dont have a little short dark haired guy with a black croped Mustache that speaks German do you))) Seriously I am very concerned.....jay...Beebetter

Per

Reply by PerSTAFF +3 +1

I think this illustrates how difficult our job is:

i need to find a site thats upo to date if it don't get better then this.redneckrayder

Zero selection Jazz Bigband....Now come on I am a Babyboomer....I think there is still a lot of us out there....Jazz and oldies are still the catagories of choice and 50/60 Countrybeebetter

... it's hard to please everyone

We will do our best though. It's obviously in the best interest of SingSnap and its customers that we have both new and old songs.

beebetter

Reply by beebetterGOLD +1

Totally Agree....need both new and old songs...my point is... then Why have the Old songs... IE jazz and Band been taken out of the features all together? still a lot of young people that love jazz...great style of music.....and Yes.. you have a very difficult job.....there is no way to please everybody..
I have no idea what the demographics are here at SS but if your song categories are determined or based on demographics....just based on my friends the 55 and up has to be a pretty large % of your base....I might be worth looking at again
In the event that nobody is singing them was an issue there is a reason thats happening too.....repetition of the same songs and song choice....really great to see someone looking at what is being suggested.....after trying two or three others and getting no response.......jay...beebetter

Joney

Reply by JoneyGOLD

I know I wouldnt like the job of picking the feature songs. I take my hat off to the person/s who organise it cos they know they cant and wont please some folks but they do their best, fersure.

Novella

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +29 +59

RE: Feature Page ...

Since the conception of the Feature Page we've been trying to adjust this Feature Page.

Originally we had an entire team doing hand picked features. We got bad feedback.

Then we got automated with more popular, and everyone said it was too repetitive and wanted the old way back.

Then we brought in those hand picked features two days a week, along with the auto generated. When we did that, people complained.

So now we are back to auto generated but allowing no repeats within a 15 days period.

In doing so, it's going to affect how much of a representation we're actually able to have within a genre but I am sure there is still room for improvement with the formula. Feel free to send us a note at SingSnap Support and let us know what genre's you would like to see more of and if the response is consistent enough I am sure Tony can look into it

redneckrayder

Reply by redneckrayder

the concept is to put more new songs of all styles and old... lust tired of same old songs i look at the new list and new songs but all old

The_Holy_Mole

Reply by The_Holy_MoleGOLD +1

Too sick to sing :( I miss doing Rocktober

The religious accusations above are absurd and totally in contradiction to everything I have ever experienced in terms of inclusiveness; even when I've been picking theological fights in the religious threads..

Christianity is represented far more heavily than any other faith on this site; not that I believe religion should have any relevance on a karaoke website. I would much prefer a separation of Church & Snap

If you think your faith isn't getting coverage, try being a lonely Dudeist! (And yes, I do genuinely practice this new ideology)

redneckrayder

Reply by redneckrayder

i see your point hope that trever will look in to this and make it right or ill leave and so should others.
We pay good money to we shoulh have the right to sing what we want as so all others, but they seem to think that it fine just the way it is.
well i been a member for a long time know and pay there 66$ fore six month and thats a lot of new song i payed for = fore some one elce to sing THATS NOT RIGHT.
huh cds caust about $5.99 to $30.00 what the hell am i paying for...???

redneckrayder

Reply by redneckrayder

ooo i know i pay for them to put money in there pockets and not taking care of us

redneckrayder

Reply by redneckrayder

and another thing is the hall of fame wow people pick there friends and dont base it on there singing abuilaty why??? tHAT IS WRONG NO MATTER WHERE YOU FROM...

Katie-and-Dennis

Reply by Katie-and-Dennis

I don't think that they think it is fine the way it is at all.....

Look at it this way.......to have a full library of songs available to everyone in every country would only benefit SingSnap. Basically...they give us access to what they are allowed legally to give us access to. It is not a case of holding things back for the sake of it.....it is more a case of following the licensing rules and keeping this site legal...which by all accounts is much more important I would say.

If an artist or publisher does not want to allow us to sing their songs.....there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it....not us...and certainly not SingSnap......it is not a money thing.....it is not a trying to be difficult thing......it is just the way it is......

If you want someone to blame.....then you need to look at the record companies and music publishers...and on occasion the artist themselves.....

You also need to remember....that you are not just singing karaoke songs here on this site like you would do in a bar or at home...you are also recording them and they are public......that alone brings a whole new set of rules with regards to licensing.....

You are paying to use a site that already has the largest legal library of tracks available on the internet......you are paying to use a recorder that in my opinion cannot be equaled......you are paying for all the other perks that gold members have...like MMSB...playlists....stereo recording.....and so many other cool things...that they continue to add to and work on to make even better.......

Katie-and-Dennis

and another thing is the hall of fame wow people pick there friends and dont base it on there singing abuilaty why??? tHAT IS WRONG NO MATTER WHERE YOU FROM...redneckrayder

There is no longer a hall of fame...and hasn't been for quite some time now.....

redneckrayder

Reply by redneckrayder

dosent matte if there is or is not a hall of fame.
what matters is that all people that pay should have a good choice on what they sing weather it be new or old i think the sing snap comunity needs to bee heard and and that we should get what we want ..
not lies and run arounds!!!

redneckrayder

Reply by redneckrayder

and i think they need to work harder to get newer songs on the list ..
im not saying any one is wrong for what they do just remember that if there is no new songs this site is dead. so if this is what they want then so be it ill not pay or return to this site..
TREVER if you ever reed this there is not disrespect intended just pist that you keep buying old songs and not new one's..

The_Holy_Mole

Reply by The_Holy_MoleGOLD +1

Too sick to sing :( I miss doing Rocktober

I would imagine the addition of repeat tracks will be due to changes in licensing terms requiring some sort of reboot when terms change as well as to try an provide better quality options.

Having been a KJ in the past I know buying tracks is expensive; one would imagine the cost for global distribution would be a great deal more...

That said, I challenge your premise, I see quite regular editions of current songs. I would certainly imagine there are more songs available right now than the 25 you have recorded.
I'm not challenging your rights as a consumer to state a grievance, however, you seem to be underestimating the size of the Snap populous and the diversity of tastes contained therein. I think it is a little short-sighted to view the work of the site purely in terms of song numbers when it is apparent that Snap also functions as a social network, chat-hosting space and performance area.

redneckrayder

Reply by redneckrayder

i have song over 300 songs m8 sence a member but alote was lost i tried to get them back and diden't make dead line so wioth that fact brought the fack of i sang evey thing from new to old and still all they get is old songs and call them new tired of paying for nothing new ...

i under stand the polacies they go through but to keep buying the same old song and to say there new wow bolws my mind

we pay to sing and we get nothing in retyurn thats what im saying all i see is old songs with new tricks... for this i will not waste my time on this sit any more
as far as im consurned it's a joke and wont wast time here agen .. and thats sad because i meat a lot of good people on here and they sing great but still dont count for what is going on we pay for old songs thats been here for ever ..
im not paying for that any more not that i dont like the old songs but i like to sing new ones to.. dont under stand is why we pay for some thing thats just for older generation that all .. it's not about them its about all of us .. you will see it to some day

Katie-and-Dennis

i have song over 300 songs m8 sence a member but alote was lost i tried to get them back and diden't make dead line so wioth that fact brought the fack of i sang evey thing from new to old and still all they get is old songs and call them new tired of paying for nothing new ...

i under stand the polacies they go through but to keep buying the same old song and to say there new wow bolws my mind

we pay to sing and we get nothing in retyurn thats what im saying all i see is old songs with new tricks... for this i will not waste my time on this sit any more
as far as im consurned it's a joke and wont wast time here agen .. and thats sad because i meat a lot of good people on here and they sing great but still dont count for what is going on we pay for old songs thats been here for ever ..
im not paying for that any more not that i dont like the old songs but i like to sing new ones to.. dont under stand is why we pay for some thing thats just for older generation that all .. it's not about them its about all of us .. you will see it to some day
redneckrayder

Well I am from the UK......

Having checked the new releases...SingSnap has mostly every new song that is being played on the radio here at this present time...and continues to update these every week as new ones become available to them...

So for me....they are adding new stuff as well as older stuff.....

They are also adding newer versions of some songs that are already here which I don't think is a bad thing....and they are also adding new tracks of older songs that were not already here...

I have seen them add a whole load of country lately which I think is good as there is obviously a high number of country fans on the site...

So I cannot agree with you that they are adding nothing new.....just because what they are adding does not suit you....does not mean that they are not adding new stuff...they certainly are.....every week from what I can see.......

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Edited reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

Mark70

Reply by Mark70GOLD

not even close to having everything that is on the radio!!!!!! REALLY!!!!!!!!

Katie-and-Dennis

not even close to having everything that is on the radio!!!!!! REALLY!!!!!!!!Mark70

I did say....I was in the UK!........LOL

Again...I would suggest to you...that you put your suggestions in via the request page....

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/member/singsnap_feedback#requests

xenomark

Reply by xenomarkCHAT-ADMIN +1

not even close to having everything that is on the radio!!!!!! REALLY!!!!!!!!Mark70

depending on the music you listen to... if you listen to the very latest music, most of it doesn't HAVE a karaoke version available yet... but if you listen to classic rock or whatever, there's plenty to sing....

karaokegod73

Reply by karaokegod73PATRON

Then a lot of modern rock falls under the licensing issues so... there is little new music added here that I am interested in. Maybe outside the US where these licensing issues don't seem to apply...I know the songs are available for karaoke because I buy them for my business.

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.