This topic is listed in Recording Help & Tips.
It has been viewed 542 times and 15 replies have been made.

Rubyroo

Post by RubyrooGOLD

Happy hump day!! :)

I recently had my pc fixed and windows re installed. I now cannot get my settings on snap right, my voice i can hear fine, however, the music sounds doubled. Been playing around with my settings, but to be honest, dont know what the heck im doing...so....could someone point me in the right direction please! i used a thread before which set me up tickety too , by peachy (i love her)...but cant find it..so need a wee pointer or two! please! ta muchly!

Rubyroo

Reply by RubyrooGOLD

ignore this...its right underneath me ....how did that get there???!! doh!!!

Rubyroo

Reply by RubyrooGOLD

it still doesny work....pffttt!
(goes off in a huff!)

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

These tutorials should help you get set up correctly for recording:

Windows XP: http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/bc2c74c

Windows Vista/7: http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/b11924e

~ Chris

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Just recently my playback audio on singsnap recordings (windows 7) is seriously broken and distorted on any and every song I play...any ideas please....Campbell

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

I'll bet you're running Adobe Flash version 11.2

To check, right-click in any Snap or YouTube video and it'll display the version.

If you're running version 11.2 go to this thread for the fix:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/a817aaac

~ Chris

Just recently my playback audio on singsnap recordings (windows 7) is seriously broken and distorted on any and every song I play...any ideas please....Campbellwellfield

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Thanks Chris...I'll check it out!

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Hi again Chris...I downloaded 'google chrome' and 'firefox' so I now have (internet explorer) ( googlechrome) and (firefox)....I uninstalled my 11.2 version and installed the Adobe Flash Version 11.1 to my (googlechrome) and (firefox) .......the (internet explorer) wouldn't accept it.......but the bottom line is,my audio is still distorted and breaks up........this doesn't happen in 'Realplayer' or 'Reverbnation'....Hmmmm'

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Just went back to 'Firefox' and the sound is OK now!!!....here's hoping!!!...Thanks Chris

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

vyw -

Sometimes the uninstallers have to be run from the both add/remove programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Settings (Vista/7/8) and the uninstaller listed on the thread:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/a817aaac

Run the uninstaller(s) from add/remove programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Settings (Vista/7/8) first. There may be two of them - one for Internet Explorer and one for other browsers.

Reboot the computer.

Then run the uninstaller listed in the thread and follow the directions there to install version 11.1 for both Internet Explorer and other browsers.

Reboot the computer once more and you should be all set.

~ Chris

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

I'll check it out Chris,but thank you for getting my sound back,the helpful info given by you on here is well worth the admission alone!.....Campbell

wmccorm

Reply by wmccormGOLD

flagging

luv2sing4eva

Reply by luv2sing4eva

Hi Chris, I have been having trouble with all videos, either on singsnap, youtube, the weather channel, and my local news broadcast videos...I just right-clicked on a video of mine that I did, and see that I have version 11.3.300.262...
That's the version that when I update critical updates for my computer was installed. Is this my problem? Can you tell me what to do? Sound is distorted, stuttering, skipping, you name it, I have that problem. I haven't been able to enjoy my computer for a couple of weeks now...

luv2sing4eva

Reply by luv2sing4eva

Hi again Chris. Please disregard my last post. I, on a whim, tried the removal tool, at your suggestions and links above meant for someone else. I initially didn't think that they'd work for me, because I had such a newer version installed. But, I tried anyway, and weeks of headaches are gone for me for video playback....Trevor needs to give you a raise if you work for him, and if not, he needs to hire you somehow!! I'm so very happy that I came across your advice. Thank you so much for posting it! Now if only I could find out what went wrong with my built-in mic, without plugging in my headset's mic, then Id be all set. LOL, Just wanted you to know, that a week ago, I tried the un-installer on my own after searching Adobe's website for help myself, before I came here to Singsnap and saw this thread.....and I had no success. Maybe it was your awesome, step-by-step instructions, I don't know...But thank you!

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Me again Chris.......I uninstalled my mozila firefox then reinstalled it,reason being,it doesnt want to play my singsnap song/video.....the screen just says 0% buffer....any sugestions?

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Me again Chris.......I uninstalled my mozila firefox then reinstalled it,reason being,it doesnt want to play my singsnap song/video.....the screen just says 0% buffer....any sugestions?wellfield
Just ignore this Chris,I'm working on it....Thanks

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.