Slowwwwwww......

This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help. It has been viewed 1,225 times and 11 replies have been made.

Soulrebel1LEVEL 7

Post by Soulrebel1

Is it me, or is everything running r e a l l y slowly today on singsnap?
I've also had to give up on doing vids, cos it takes ages to send once recorded and then my vid looks like still CCTV images from a tiolet! LOL!
My average upload is around 100kbps, is that not enough ya reckon?

Soulrebel1LEVEL 7

Reply by Soulrebel1

or me on a toilet even...Please can we have an edit messages function! LOL!

LAngeloMysteriosoLEVEL 1

Reply by LAngeloMysterioso

I experience occasions of the site gagging. Had one about 15 minutes ago that lasted maybe 5 minutes. 98.4176% of the time it's fine for me.

JasonLEVEL 48

Reply by Jason

I upped the video bandwidth the other day, I guess I will put it back down. It seems most people have around 100kbps upstream connections, and I am cutting it too close.

We are also experiencing a server problem, unrelated, that i'm correcting now.

/jason

lisamarieLEVEL 41

Reply by lisamarieGOLD

it had a burp a bit ago should be fine now...try it again..see what happens...

Soulrebel1LEVEL 7

Reply by Soulrebel1

Cheers Jason, appreciate your damn fine work!

LaNellLEVEL 33

Reply by LaNell

Are you guys still working on this problem? My videos have been freeze-framing for about a week now, I think. It was working fine before that. It is also taking longer for my recordings to process.

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

lol@toilet!

Soulrebel1LEVEL 7

Reply by Soulrebel1

Yes, still freezing on mine, I have totally re-installed windows, updated my webcam drivers, reset my router, unplugged cables and put in other ports, I havent anything running in the background in windows, I really feel sory for everyone deprived of seeing me properly...;) LOL!

MarilynDavidLEVEL 3

Reply by MarilynDavid

We are having all the same problems with video freezing up. It worked great until november 14th and freezes each and every time now. But other sites works just fine. Marilyn

MarilynDavidLEVEL 3

Reply by MarilynDavid

Also we had the cable company come out and check our connections and all is great... and bought a new camera..... but alas..... same problem with video freezing up since november 14th! Marilyn

JasonLEVEL 48

Reply by Jason

Hey people,

If you didn't see the news story on the home page from today, please check it out. Marilyn, are you still getting the same problem?

Jason