SingSnap Songlist

This topic is listed in Website Suggestions.
It has been viewed 1,835 times and 9 replies have been made.

EricB

Post by EricBGOLD

Trevor et al:

Suggestion 1:
The way the songs are listed is not great. It should be vertical, for ease of finding things. Same thing goes for artists. I'd much rather scroll that look at all the jumble of names.

Suggestion 2
Provide a current visable, and downloadable list of songs available on the site, in plain text format. Then members can dowload and peruse the list, or use the online display. To that end, I've created one for ya, which I believe to be correct. I just did a little Perl script to parse the html from the WatchandListen "All" songs page.

Here's the URL where you can grab it from folks:
http://www.cadns.ca/SingSnap_Nov12-D06_songlist.txt

LMason

Reply by LMason

That's awesome.

Janey

Reply by JaneyGOLD

thanks ericb

Wayne_ky

Reply by Wayne_ky

Now go back over the list and type the artist's name next to each song, then place then songs into proper categories.. Get back with me this afternoon when you've finished....

LAngeloMysterioso

Reply by LAngeloMysterioso

Like Trevor said on his latest update; this is the kind of help from users that will help keep singsnap free. Great work Eric!

llamiguana

Reply by llamiguanaGOLD

LOL Wayne! Ur 2 funny

Karaokelady38

Reply by Karaokelady38GOLD

Thanks! Printed up nicely at work today!! (LOL)

Djbabes

Reply by Djbabes

Damn! Does anyone still have this that can upload it?
x thanks!

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

Trevor et al:

Suggestion 1:
The way the songs are listed is not great. It should be vertical, for ease of finding things. Same thing goes for artists. I'd much rather scroll that look at all the jumble of names.
EricB

I agree...

if youre meaning the way songs are illustrated in the "search".. although the search feature works great for most song'.. / artists... I tend to like to look in the list per' alphabetic order @ times.. and find it really messy..
even though the scroll may be a mile long.. i would still like see the artists OR songs in a vertical view.. instead of searching right to left.. and left to right in a mess!

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Edited reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--

off topic .. but this site should have a CSS selection to option font sizes as well ( a selection to Opt your font size if need be) .. i have been working different sites now.. and amazing what people use now on the monitors.. this site is VERY hard to read fonts with higher resolutions.. I am serious.. it is very hard to see peoples statuses or such... fonts on this site when you using modern resolutions.. say 1600 x 900 ( recommended) and such..

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.