This topic is listed in General Discussion.
It has been viewed 15,394 times and 468 replies have been made.

- Next
Novella

Post by NovellaSTAFF +39

Need time to slow down or I need more hours in the day!

Everyone Gets Lucky on SingSnap!

Last month was full of love - so we're making this month all about luck! Brought back by popular demand are those neat and nifty little icons next to your name - but this time instead of hearts - they're lucky shamrocks!

This program will run from Tuesday March 6, through until Sunday March 18th - so the sooner you share your lucky shamrocks, the longer your friends will have them! If you're feeling lucky or want to share the luck with all your SingSnap friends - this is your chance to give the luck o' the Irish!

How To Buy Lucky Shamrocks!

1. Visit the Purchase Page.

- You can click on the little shamrock at the bottom of any page, or on the promotional banner at the top of the page.

2. Select the desired number of Shamrocks and 'Check Out'.

3. Once you're finished you will be re-directed to the Shamrock Distribution Centre.

4. Deliver your shamrocks and watch the luck spread!

Good Luck!

miamiwildflower

Reply by miamiwildflowerPATRON

Am curious-
how much, if any, of the proceeds for these lucky shamrocks will be going to charity?

prezley

Reply by prezleyGOLD

So many take themselves so serious here, jeez , it's just karaoke, nothing special about it

yes, where is the money going? Charity I hope...this site is very expensive, if the money is used to improve the site , great! If not, please donate these funds to charity

Novella

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +39

The money definitely goes to improving, expanding and ensuring the longevity of the site! =)

miamiwildflower

Thanks for your reply Novella...
I thought that's what our GOLD memberships were paying for...

Nick1992

Reply by Nick1992GOLD

will read later!

torchie

Reply by torchieGOLD +4

i trust anything Novella puts on here""" mikey

--Kikip-

Reply by --Kikip-

Am curious-
how much, if any, of the proceeds for these lucky shamrocks will be going to charity?miamiwildflower

Here, here! :o)

Novella

miamiwildflower

Our site has a very large pool of expenses. Trevor outlined in his video announcement what the money goes towards. This is a fun, optional, endeavor that goes along side membership revenue. So yes, Gold helps that too. =)

Things like this make it possible for us to not constantly raise membership prices and such and offer a little bit of entertainment, good will and warm fuzzies across the site. =)

Nick1992

Reply by Nick1992GOLD

well sounds like fun.....

pogmothoin

Reply by pogmothoin

now in me entire life i never saw a four leaf shamrock lol..........

Novella

LOL Pog!

Four Leaf Clover takes up a lot of space lol!

And hey - now you KNOW it's good luck because they're so rare =)

-CEZ-

Reply by -CEZ-GOLD +4

You never leave my mind, even when I have better things to think about you lol <3

You better keep some rose icon all over the year so we can buy for our friends birthdays. I personaly will buy some rose icons for them.. . but thinks like that are really not soo ineresting.
Was fun for Valentine's day, but now its too much.

Risky

Reply by Risky

now in me entire life i never saw a four leaf shamrock lol..........pogmothoin

lol too funny

pogmothoin

Reply by pogmothoin

LOL Pog!

Four Leaf Clover takes up a lot of space lol!

And hey - now you KNOW it's good luck because they're so rare =)Novella

we'll have to import these new four leaf shamrocks to be sure, to be sure..
the top o' the morning to you and the rest of the day to meself

--Kikip-

Reply by --Kikip-

miamiwildflower

Our site has a very large pool of expenses. Trevor outlined in his video announcement what the money goes towards. This is a fun, optional, endeavor that goes along side membership revenue. So yes, Gold helps that too. =)

Things like this make it possible for us to not constantly raise membership prices and such and offer a little bit of entertainment, good will and warm fuzzies across the site. =)Novella

It would be great to see those "lic" songs lifted! WE WANT ABBA and Billy Joel!!!

Novella

I would LOVE to sing Bon Jovi! Lord knows, we'll never stop trying so if they become available you can bet we'll get them! lol

slipnot

Reply by slipnotGOLD +4

With due respect, enough of these money-making extras .. I just want to enjoy Music here without the 'distractions'. I assume our monthly fees at set to cover running costs .. this new trend is annoying ... just my honest opinion.

kiwiland

Reply by kiwilandPATRON

[quote=slipnot]With due respect, enough of these money-making extras .. I just want to enjoy Music here without the 'distractions'. I assume our monthly fees at set to cover running costs .. this new trend is annoying ... just my honest opinion.

i agree :))

Katie-and-Dennis

Reply by Katie-and-DennisGOLD +4

I think it is a brilliant idea.......I need all the luck I can get!.......

LOL!

Jami19

Reply by Jami19GOLD

Baxk to normal

Sounds fun, and Trevlore, get that wog pit, you went five minutes!!

kiwiland

Reply by kiwilandPATRON

There is also a lot of us on here that sponsor SingSnappers with a Gold membership as well, maybe we should be given luck to keep sponsoring lol!!!

miamiwildflower

There is also a lot of us on here that sponsor SingSnappers with a Gold membership as well, maybe we should be given luck to keep sponsoring lol!!!kiwiland

AMEN to that (and I'm not even religious!)

One would think that if these funds are going to be kept "in-house" vs given to charity, that at a minimum, the recipients of aforementioned hearts or shamrocks benefit from it by way of discounts toward their next GOLD purchase. That's just my 2 cents on those $2 html codes.

--Kikip-

Reply by --Kikip-

There is also a lot of us on here that sponsor SingSnappers with a Gold membership as well, maybe we should be given luck to keep sponsoring lol!!!kiwiland

AMEN to that (and I'm not even religious!)

One would think that if these funds are going to be kept "in-house" vs given to charity, that at a minimum, the recipients of aforementioned hearts or shamrocks benefit from it by way of discounts toward their next GOLD purchase. That's just my 2 cents on those $2 html codes.miamiwildflower

:o)

Ramzey

Reply by RamzeyGOLD +6

No singing today I have the Flu...

I Stil lthink you should be Allowed to have the Choice of Accepting these addon to your Profile or Name It's an Irish related thing What if your not Irish .... On St Andrews day Will we have a Scottish Flag Option ? Another money making racket Singsnap is costing ppl Enough money.....

Risky

Reply by Risky

Huh Ramzey i doubt it very much ..& i agree about the choice thing too
$2 for something that is not even a shamrock is wrong in my opinion..
but nae1 listens to me LOL

Ramzey

Reply by RamzeyGOLD +6

No singing today I have the Flu...

miamiwildflower

Things like this make it possible for us to not constantly raise membership prices and such and offer a little bit of entertainment, good will and warm fuzzies across the site. =)Novella

Novalla you say this is Fun Optional ... So why cant we have the Option of Refusing the Shamrock I dont particularly Want a shamrock on my Name I'm Not Irish why cant we have it Removed if wish with After all It's Optional

miamiwildflower

I Stil lthink you should be Allowed to have the Choice of Accepting these addon to your Profile or Name It's an Irish related thing What if your not Irish .... On St Andrews day Will we have a Scottish Flag Option ? Another money making racket Singsnap is costing ppl Enough money..... Ramzey

I am sure we can expect these add-ons for every future upcoming holiday.
Perhaps it will be trees/wreaths or mistletoe on xmas- bunnies/eggs on easter... hmmm... the possibilities are endless

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--GOLD

I think it is a brilliant idea.......I need all the luck I can get!.......

LOL! Katie

Me too!

BodaciousLaLas

Reply by BodaciousLaLas

If the upgrade includes the improvement of track quality I would be all for it but it's clear it wont' be because Singsnap's method of "keeping kosher with the copyright laws" is to modify the tracks by tweaking the timing and pitch and thus giving us crappy sound quality.
Unless Singsnap becomes more legit I won't be shelling out another penny for any cause and certainly not another manipulative marketing scheme like we all saw during Valentine's Day.

It aint April and I aint no fool...

no thanks Singsnap

miamiwildflower

Since we're talking improvements, I'd like to see the following:
*be able to actually listen to people sing- half the time songs won't load
*would love to be able to record a song without fear the mixer won't release it
*would love to stop being signed out mid-song or mid-comment! (I'm not the only person experiencing these difficulties since these "improvements" have been implemented.
just saying..

kiwiland

Reply by kiwilandPATRON

I Stil lthink you should be Allowed to have the Choice of Accepting these addon to your Profile or Name It's an Irish related thing What if your not Irish .... On St Andrews day Will we have a Scottish Flag Option ? Another money making racket Singsnap is costing ppl Enough money..... Ramzey

I am sure we can expect these add-ons for every future upcoming holiday.
Perhaps it will be trees/wreaths or mistletoe on xmas- bunnies/eggs on easter... hmmm... the possibilities are endlessmiamiwildflower

I like you style :)) so true!!

Kerri_A

Reply by Kerri_AGOLD

Well I love the idea and have already shamrocked my friends. Those that don't like it don't have to spend any money on it. ya know.... that's my opinion.

kiwiland

Reply by kiwilandPATRON

*would love to stop being signed out mid-song or mid-comment! (I'm not the only person experiencing these difficulties since these "improvements" have been implemented.
just saying..miamiwildflower

Gosh you took the words right out of my mouth :)))

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Well to be honest I dont think thats a singsnap issues. That is the issues on your half. Songs load well for me play well for me and I never get signed out. Get a better internet connection and stop blaming Singsnap.

I said that in most nice way I could lol.

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Well I love the idea and have already shamrocked my friends. Those that don't like it don't have to spend any money on it. ya know.... that's my opinion.

Kerri_A

Agreed.

miamiwildflower

Well to be honest I dont think thats a singsnap issues. That is the issues on your half. Songs load well for me play well for me and I never get signed out. Get a better internet connection and stop blaming Singsnap.

socomicefox

excuse me- but I've been a member for over four years- same internet connection- and have NEVER HAD A PROBLEM PRIOR TO THESE IMPROVEMENTS... lucky you that you aren't experiencing this, but I'm not the only one here on the site facing these exact issues!

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--GOLD

Kerri_A

true dat!

miamiwildflower

socomicefox

to add to what I just said, I will say the following:
Furthermore, I don't have issues with videos loading on, say, youtube, for example... so clearly, it isn't a problem on my end...

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

socomicefox

excuse me- but I've been a member for over four years- same internet connection- and have NEVER HAD A PROBLEM PRIOR TO THESE IMPROVEMENTS... lucky you that you aren't experiencing this, but I'm not the only one here on the site facing these exact issues!miamiwildflower

So you a singsnap vet. Niceeeeeeeee And again im sure if you and others are actually having this problem Per is always doing what he can to make this site all better when it comes to internet and all that geeky stuff No offense Per lol.

xCHELLEx

Reply by xCHELLExPATRON

socomicefox

excuse me- but I've been a member for over four years- same internet connection- and have NEVER HAD A PROBLEM PRIOR TO THESE IMPROVEMENTS... lucky you that you aren't experiencing this, but I'm not the only one here on the site facing these exact issues!miamiwildflower

I had these problems a few months back and I had been here 4 years and it turned out to be my internet provider, absolutley nothing to do with Singsnap.

Just like Singsnap changes so does your isp in its level of service.
I moved to a isp who didn't cut bandwidth and everything works perfectly now =)

Novella

If you're having issues recording, please send us a message to SingSnap Support and we'll be delighted to assist you there

The improved recorder is designed to make your recording experience better. We will constantly be working to make it efficient and effective for everyone. It does work for a lot of people but if you are one of those who experience trouble, please let us know =)

Thanks in advance for keeping this thread on topic.

Good Luck Everyone =)

Annie

Reply by AnnieSTAFF +37

We appreciate everyone's feedback on these tokens. We do understand your perspective, and I would hope that those who are critical of this endeavor will try to understand ours.

SingSnap isn't the type of business where the more people that purchase, the costs of 'manufacturing' the product go down. Just the opposite, in fact. Every week we add new songs, we are continually improving our technology and expanding our online capacity to accommodate the growth. Love or hate the songs, recorder, site - the fact is, we are continually expending resources to attempt to continue providing the most diverse, largest, and superior online karaoke experience for everyone.

To offset those costs we could:

A) Eliminate free memberships thereby reducing storage and bandwidth costs
B) Raise prices on existing memberships
C) Offer voluntary contributory items such as patron fund, sponsoring and hearts/shamrocks, etc.

We find C to be the most community friendly as it is not compulsory and it allows for our members to give something to each other while also allowing SingSnap to keep the lights on.

As far as anyone NOT wanting the token next to their name, feel free to contact us at SingSnap Support and we will remove any that were given to you and return them to the friend(s) who thought enough of you to purchase them for you.

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

miamiwildflower

Novalla you say this is Fun Optional ... So why cant we have the Option of Refusing the Shamrock I dont particularly Want a shamrock on my Name I'm Not Irish why cant we have it Removed if wish with After all It's OptionalRamzey

LoL Nice shamrock my rizzle.

texasbabygirl

Reply by texasbabygirlGOLD

National child abuse hotline: 1-800-4-a-child (1-800-422-4453) please do not hesitate to report it!~

People.... it is optional.... you can either buy them or not buy them and this is not a professional recording studio that you are gonna record money making albums with. It is a have fun, share with others and make new friends kinda karaoke site and personally, anything that can keep my membership down every month I am ALL FOR IT!~ Even if the money were profit for Trevor I would say why not!~ }{imself and all his workers make this place what it is!~(jus sayin) It is fun to be here and just let loose!~ Lighten up and ENJOY!~

xCHELLEx

Reply by xCHELLExPATRON

People.... it is optional.... you can either buy them or not buy them and this is not a professional recording studio that you are gonna record money making albums with. It is a have fun, share with others and make new friends kinda karaoke site and personally, anything that can keep my membership down every month I am ALL FOR IT!~ Even if the money were profit for Trevor I would say why not!~ }{imself and all his workers make this place what it is!~(jus sayin) It is fun to be here and just let loose!~ Lighten up and ENJOY!~ texasbabygirl

Well said, I am glad you did cos you put it far nicer than I was attempt to, point is if you don't want to join in with various promotions don't but don't ruin it for those who do by constantly complaining about everything and anything=)

Defense

Edited reply by Defense

Thanks to whoever sent me the shamrock...now I want a Shamrock Shake, and we just did healthy day...I'm never gonna kick my sweet tooth hahahahha

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD +1

Thank you to whoever gave me some irish blessings with the shamrock..as the Greeks would say..Efharisto kai kali tyxi...Thank you and Good luck

Defense

Reply by Defense

ummm, if I tried to pronounce that, I'd have to wipe off my monitor I think

xCHELLEx

Reply by xCHELLExPATRON

Thanks to whoever sent me the shamrock...now I want a Shamrock Shake, and we just did healthy day...I'm never gonna kick my sweet tooth hahahahhaDefense

- Next