The Battle - Official SingSnap Contest!

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed.
It has been viewed 83,216 times and 2,911 replies have been made.

- Next
Novella

Edited post by NovellaSTAFF +29 +59

Welcome To The Battle Of A Lifetime!

It's time for a battle of epic proportions, right here on SingSnap! Do you love to sing? Do you like to compete? Do you thrive in putting on a complete show? Are you ready to literally, battle it out, with other SingSnappers to win this contest and be crowned 'The Champion'!

This will be a four round contest with each round lasting approximately one week. If you advance into Round 3, a webcam will be required.

The Battle - The Concept:

The idea behind this contest is to impress someone with your voice first, your ferocity second and your showmanship third! We are not looking for the youngest, hippest, most attractive person on the site. Rather, we want someone who has a star-quality voice, who isn't afraid of a showdown and who can truly entertain us and put on a show!

Round 1 - Battle Audition: This round is open to any SingSnap member who wishes to participate. You may select any song on the site and perform forty-five (45) seconds of a song A Capella. You are not allowed to sing with music or musical instruments. Reverb and vocal effects are acceptable. We recommend you choose a part of a song that showcases the best part of your voice. Your performance must be 100% vocal only - so - no camera's! Showcase your talent using your voice only.

Round 2 - Duet Battle: The Top 40 contestants will move onto Round 2. You will be randomly placed into one of our four mentors' teams. The mentors are; Annie, Novella, Rob & Ralph. This is also a competition for your mentors! They will be working with the members of their teams towards the ultimate goal of crowning one of their competitors - The Champion! In Round 2, your mentor will pair you up with someone else on your team to perform a duet. Your mentor will assign a song for you and your partner. You may have to learn a song quickly, so be prepared! Your mentor will offer any pointers/suggestions as to how they want you to sing and showcase your voice! The mentor will be solely responsible for selecting which one of the duet pair advances. The winner of each duet battle will move into Round Three!

Round 3 - Team Battle: The Top 20 Contestants will now battle head-to-head within their own team. They will be given a list of songs to choose from and they will have to record their best all-around performance on camera and showcase their Star-Quality! We are looking for someone who puts their all into their performance. Set the stage, show your personal/individual style. Get creative and make sure your voice is showcased and your performance is entertaining. The Top 20 will be judged by all mentors. The top scoring person from each group will advance into The Finals!

Round 4 - Final Four Battle: The final four will all be given a prize! Trevor, The Master of Ceremony, will hand-pick the winner based on the person who delivers the most stellar performance. Be prepared to step up your game and bring everything you've got to the table!

The Prizes!

The following prizes will be awarded:

First Place - The Champion: Life-Time Gold Membership!

Second Place: One Year Free Gold!

Third Place: One Year Free Gold!

Fourth Place: One Year Free Gold!

Contest Requirements:

1. If you decide to audition, you must change your avatar to the following picture and keep it for the duration of the contest (For as long as you're an active participant)

1. Right click on the graphic and save it to your computer. (Remember where you save it!)
2. Click on the ACCOUNT tab.
3. Scroll down to the "Profile Picture" section.
4. Click on the "Choose File" button.
5. Select the Battle_avatar photo and press Upload!

We are doing this to keep your identity hidden. You may already be known on the site and to the judges/mentors, but please still change your avatar. If, after following the tutorial you still have trouble - contact the SingSnap Events Team.

Audition Now!

We will be accepting Auditions - NOW! Every round AFTER the auditions will be posted in a brand new thread. If you wish to audition for this contest, please follow these guidelines: Read Carefully!

Audition Deadline: 5:00 PM EST April 15, 2012! The audition song must be received prior to 5 PM SingSnap time to be accepted. No exceptions.

1. The song must be part of the SingSnap catalog.
2. You must sing on the track matching your chosen song.
3. No SingSnap Original or Original music permitted.
4. You must sing A capella (see below for instructions).
5. Your audition may not exceed more than 45 seconds. (Online Counter)
6. The song must be dated after this thread has been posted.
7. The audition song must be a fresh recording, for this contest only.
8. Your avatar/profile picture must be changed prior to submitting your audition entry.
9. Contest is open to all members.
10. One audition song per Snapper.
11. A web cam is not allowed for the audition. Audio Only.
12. Promotion of non-contest songs is strictly prohibited.
13. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.
14. The song must be submitted in the following format:

Username
Song Title
Song Link

Good Luck!

Novella

Edited reply by NovellaSTAFF +29 +59

Record Audio Only (A Capella) - First Things First!

Prior to doing anything, open any song to test on. Record as you normally would and proceed to the preview stage. DO NOT ENABLE MUSIC, if there is a check-mark next to enable music, please de-select it.

- If you hear ONLY your voice, your system is set up to record A capella. You do not need to complete any of the tutorials. All you have to do is;

1. Select the song you wish to sing for the contest.
2. Turn the music volume all the way down on the player.
3. Sing your audition piece.
4. Proceed to preview.
5. Ensure "enable music" is NOT selected.

You should then be left with a 45 second recording of your voice only!

- If you DO hear music then find the tutorial below that fits your operating system.

Record Audio Only (A Capella) - Windows XP:

Step One:

Right click on the speaker icon by your system clock and select "Open Volume Control". A Volume Control window will open.

Step Two:

In the top left corner of the Volume Control window you will see "Options". Click on "Options" and select "Properties". This will open a Properties window.

Step Three:

In the "Adjust Volume for" section of the Properties window you will see that you are currently set on "Playback". Click the white circle by "Recording" to change to your recording properties.

Just below the "Adjust Volume for" section you will see "Show the following volume controls". Make sure that you have a checkmark next to "Microphone" and click "Ok". This will open the "Recording Controls" window.

Step Four:

Place a checkmark below the "Microphone" slider on the Recording Control window. This will set your mic to your default "Recording Device".

Step Five:

4. Proceed to preview.

Record Audio Only (A Capella) - Windows Vista/Windows 7:

This tutorial is for Windows 7 and Vista users.

Step One:

Right click on the speaker icon by your system clock and select "Recording Devices". The Sound window will open to the Recording tab.

Step Two:

To show all recording devices right mouse click on the devices area. You will be given the option to Show Disabled Devices and to Show Disconnected Devices. Make sure both of these options are selected (indicated by a check mark). If they are not selected click on the options to select them.

Ensure that your Microphone (or the device you wish to record with) is selected as your default device. The default device is shown with a green circle containing a check mark. If your Microphone (or the device you wish to record with) is not set as your default device right mouse click on the device and select "Set as Default Device".

Step Three:

Speak into your microphone and ensure the level meter is moving. You should see the level meter move by your default device. If the meter is moving, but not shown as your default device follow the instructions in Step Two to set the device to default.

Step Four:

Right mouse click on Microphone (or the device you chose) and select Properties, or double click the device, to open the Properties window.

Click on the Levels tab to view the device sound adjustments.

Set your Microphone (or the device you chose) to about 75%. If a Microphone Boost option is offered set it to +10.0db. Note: These settings can be adjusted later if needed

Close the Properties and Sounds windows.

Step Five:

4. Proceed to preview.

Record Audio Only (A Capella) - MAC:

MAC Users - Please review This video

SimplyRozzy47

Reply by SimplyRozzy47GOLD +1

I have returned my visits and comments logging off hear you later... :)

I am in........ I Think...

Mike_Deth

Reply by Mike_DethGOLD

cool this sounds fun

Ms_Truckin_Bluey

Reply by Ms_Truckin_Bluey

Good Luck everyone..Woohoooo is going to be Snaptastic!!!

dsider63

Reply by dsider63GOLD +6

Flagging

ranmodan

Reply by ranmodanGOLD

Totally AWESOME!!! I am so in!! How do you want our recordings posted? Just

Name
Song/Artist
Link

Good enough?

xCHELLEx

Reply by xCHELLEx

Hmmm......

mysticaldreams

Reply by mysticaldreamsGOLD +3

flagging

AndyGoin

Reply by AndyGoin

I'd be down and just to be clear, in these instructions:

4. Proceed to preview.

You should then be left with a 30 second recording of your voice only!

We need to manually stop the recording at 30 seconds, correct? Thank you for the contest!

Novella

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +29 +59

Totally AWESOME!!! I am so in!! How do you want our recordings posted? Just

Name
Song/Artist
Link

Good enough?ranmodan

YEP!

LOVE that you have the Avatar changed already!

ChelseaBSB

Reply by ChelseaBSBGOLD

I'm in!!

AndyGoin

Reply by AndyGoin

Also in the first post, it talks about 45 seconds, the later instructions say 30:

Round 1 - Battle Audition: This round is open to any SingSnap member who wishes to participate. You may select any song on the site and perform forty-five (45) seconds of a song A Capella.

I'm probably befuddled, apologies. Just ensuring I don't hurt folks' ears longer than required ;D

Jules

Reply by JulesSPECIAL-EVENTS +3

Yay, we're off! Good luck everyone

KrazyBoutKatz

Reply by KrazyBoutKatz

hello..this sounds very interesting ......

Novella

I'd be down and just to be clear, in these instructions:

4. Proceed to preview.

You should then be left with a 30 second recording of your voice only!

We need to manually stop the recording at 30 seconds, correct? Thank you for the contest!AndyGoin

45 seconds.

Sorry we changed this to give you guys a bit more time and the judges sufficient time to judge your vocals but forgot to change it in the A capella instructions. But yes, stop the recorder from recording after the 45 seconds pass.

AndyGoin

Reply by AndyGoin

Thank you, Novella!

Novella

Also in the first post, it talks about 45 seconds, the later instructions say 30:

Round 1 - Battle Audition: This round is open to any SingSnap member who wishes to participate. You may select any song on the site and perform forty-five (45) seconds of a song A Capella.

I'm probably befuddled, apologies. Just ensuring I don't hurt folks' ears longer than required ;DAndyGoin

Sorry! lol! We changed it to give both you guys and the judges enough time to judge the voices but got so excited forgot to change it in the A capella instructions. I corrected it there!

Terry

Reply by TerryGOLD

flagging....to follow along and watch/listen....:)

Waitressangel

Reply by WaitressangelGOLD

flag!!!!

Novella

Thank you, Novella!AndyGoin

My pleasure

Novella

flagging....to follow along and watch/listen....:)Terry

And participate.

MRI

Reply by MRIGOLD

I. love. this. song! r/b0aee7f29

Oh my goodness, yes, please.

Novella

This is going to get confusing with us all having the same avatar but I totally love it! LOL

Vitorro

Reply by Vitorro

is this open only to GOLD Members?

Zakiya

Reply by Zakiya

Hmmmm...interesting indeed...

Novella

is this open only to GOLD Members?Vitorro

Nope! Everyone!

missmegelizabeth3

Reply by missmegelizabeth3

When again is the deadline? And, is there a limit to auditions...example: Taking the first 30.

Bellasunshine

Reply by Bellasunshine

Ok I'm in sounds like fun !

Novella

Audition Deadline: 5:00 PM EST April 15, 2012! The audition song must be received prior to 5 PM SingSnap time to be accepted. No exceptions.
Novella

We're accepting ALL entries by the deadline.

lundkri06

Reply by lundkri06

I am so doing this...thanks Novella....

CelticWitch1971

Reply by CelticWitch1971SPECIAL-EVENTS

This is going to be so freaking AWESOME!!!!

Jinkinly

Reply by JinkinlyGOLD

Flagging*

KS_Kutie

Reply by KS_KutieSPECIAL-EVENTS +1 +2

Good Luck Everyone !!! =)

scillz

Reply by scillzGOLD

cool...cool, cool, cool...

Annie

Reply by AnnieSTAFF +10 +17

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see who I get on my team....which will totally rock and absolutely blow away Novella, Rob and Ralph...hehe.

lundkri06

Reply by lundkri06

Novella...do we post our audition acapella piece on this thread? That's the only thing I am confused about.

Novella

Novella...do we post our audition acapella piece on this thread? That's the only thing I am confused about.lundkri06

Yep, Auditions are accepted right here on this thread =)

Vistadeck

Reply by VistadeckGOLD

Bless you all at SingSnap for doing this! I am so delighted you all are stepping up to hold a for-true competition with a real reward staff participation we have all come to trust. You have a monumental task ahead and I wish you every bit of success with this and will watch and participate throughout! Cudos to you SingSnap for stepping up to the plate and raising the bar on this marvelous community and serving your Customers who just want to have fun!

Novella

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see who I get on my team....which will totally rock and absolutely blow away Novella, Rob and Ralph...hehe.Annie

DREAM ON Sistah. Whomever is on MY team is going to bring home the victory... I once worked with Elvis Presley you know.

Okay, not really but I heard his song on a record once.

Novella

Bless you all at SingSnap for doing this! I am so delighted you all are stepping up to hold a for-true competition with a real reward staff participation we have all come to trust. You have a monumental task ahead and I wish you every bit of success with this and will watch and participate throughout! Cudos to you SingSnap for stepping up to the plate and raising the bar on this marvelous community and serving your Customers who just want to have fun!Vistadeck

Aww! That was a nice note I know we all appreciate it! We do love doing site wide challenges where everyone is a winner but once and awhile it is good for the soul to do something different I think! Thanks for the encouragement!

Irreplaceable_Mushy

Reply by Irreplaceable_Mushy

oooooo this sounds good! Flag

Tinamichelle

Reply by Tinamichelle

so do we post a link on this page?

SingingRainbow

Reply by SingingRainbowSPECIAL-EVENTS +1 +8

j&d's country girls@ heart #41 round#2 is up ladies!

LOL@Elvis Presley Shannon (just choked on my diet soda) while reading bahahahah!

arra

Reply by arraCHAT-ADMIN

I love u too Mhell

i am in

Tinamichelle

Reply by Tinamichelle

Novella...do we post our audition acapella piece on this thread? That's the only thing I am confused about.lundkri06

Yep, Auditions are accepted right here on this thread =)Novella

nm just saw this..lol

Wysper

Reply by Wysper

Im IN =)

singinmommy

Reply by singinmommy

Wow this is gonna be EPIC!!!! Love it!!!!

I am flagging to return tonight to place my audition in
Can't miss a contest of these proportions...

See u all tonight!!!

SingingRainbow

Reply by SingingRainbowSPECIAL-EVENTS +1 +8

j&d's country girls@ heart #41 round#2 is up ladies!

Woohooooooooooooo! Have fun everyone

lefty

Reply by leftyGOLD

where do you post your capella and if not a gold member,,you cant sing any song you choose from the site,,,how is that goin to work?

Greeneyedkat

Reply by GreeneyedkatGOLD

Out Of Tears~~~~>Fresh off the mixer

flagging

- Next