Anyone post songs on FB

This topic is listed in Off Topic. It has been viewed 859 times and 21 replies have been made.

ncarolinaLEVEL 38

Post by ncarolinaGOLD

Just wondered how you all handle negative comments on FB, like hey that was out of pitch & you can do better, well darn, just can't please everyone, but anyway, most ppl on here are so kind and supportive & they are also supportive out in the karaoke world. I hear singers with all kinds of voices, we just don't comment, this is our hobby no matter. Like my DJ says, this is not American Idol. It's just that the comment came from a singer that sings professionally out in the world, smh here. I don't mind critique in a gentle manner, in fact i love to hear ideas, esp tech stuff like the use of the microphone & the buttons on here to make us sound better. I do have problems shifting from the highs to low register, but that's another problem. Should i just carry on like the song says, and forget that comment, but really it has bothered me.

schmartypantzLEVEL 42

Reply by schmartypantz

"..Should i just carry on like the song says, and forget that comment,.."

yep. Just have fun. That's what you are here for

ZZ-EdLEVEL 65

Reply by ZZ-EdGOLD

Just wondered how you all handle negative comments on FB, like hey that was out of pitch & you can do better, well darn, just can't please everyone, but anyway, most ppl on here are so kind and supportive & they are also supportive out in the karaoke world. I hear singers with all kinds of voices, we just don't comment, this is our hobby no matter. Like my DJ says, this is not American Idol. It's just that the comment came from a singer that sings professionally out in the world, smh here. I don't mind critique in a gentle manner, in fact i love to hear ideas, esp tech stuff like the use of the microphone & the buttons on here to make us sound better. I do have problems shifting from the highs to low register, but that's another problem. Should i just carry on like the song says, and forget that comment, but really it has bothered me.ncarolina

You might try creating your own FB Group and posting your songs there. In this way you have complete control over who gets notices of your new songs and also who can comment. If you throw it out to the entire world...you'll get comments like you might on the street. And...the street can be a mean place.

If you get a comment from a professional singer. Well...they are going to have a different standard than good ol' SingSnap.

However, saying "you could do better" isn't necessarily an insult.

SoloSongstressLEVEL 102

Reply by SoloSongstressGOLD

I do post my songs on Facebook sometimes, but haven't dealt with any comments quite like that. But think of it this way, a professional singer thought enough of you to listen to your song and provide feedback. I think that I would probably just thank that person and tell them that I would continue to strive to improve. Just keep singing and keep sharing your music. And have fun!

I've asked myself what I would do if someone were just outright rude or mean with no constructive value in their comments. I think that I would probably say "Thank you for your unsolicited negativity" and keep singing.

For me, the criticism has been more about the types of songs that I sing. My mother-in-law posted on one of my songs that she didn't like it, because she feels that I should be singing Gospel music. One of my sisters had the same type of comment. So, I sang a Gospel song and dedicated it to them (they liked that). My husband has commented that I sing a lot of sad songs and heartbreak songs, and I've explained to him that before I met him, I was sad a lot and may have gravitated to those types of songs back then. On SingSnap, I sing a wide variety of songs from the mild to the wild, but because of my Facebook audience, I limit what I post there to mainly love songs. I still get criticism sometimes from my mom-in-law that I'm not singing Gospel, but then I say that I'm singing about love, so how can that be wrong.

One of my sisters commented that I'm "wasting my talent", and that comment does still bother me. If I'm singing and I'm sharing my voice, how is my talent going to waste? I'm going to have to ask her to elaborate. One of the reasons that I found SingSnap so appealing was that I could sing here without stage fright, which is something that I struggle with as a solo singer. It has bothered me in the past that on occasions when I was asked to sing, sometimes I would say "no" out of fear. Lately, I've been saying "yes", even if I feel terrified. So I guess that whatever my sister tells me when I ask her to elaborate, I can thank her for her opinion and tell her that I'm still striving to improve.

sabathielLEVEL 41

Reply by sabathiel

.... One of the reasons that I found SingSnap so appealing was that I could sing here without stage fright, which is something that I struggle with as a solo singer......SoloSongstress

Don't worry about stage fright......there is a fix for that......just imagine everyone in the audience are in the nude......the fright will go away........INSTANTLY! Works every time.

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 108

Reply by Bucks_FizzGOLD +1

I have only ever posted one of my songs on Facebook. I'm just not comfortable putting my recordings there. Plus I would be nervous about what people thought regardless of whether they post it or not.

Personally, I worry too much about what people think of me so prefer not to create a reason for people to criticise me.

I guess if you are going to post stuff you have to not care what people think or say and be able to ignore any negative comments. If you can't then maybe it's best not to post them there.

Posting on singsnap is one thing, because you know that most people here are encouraging regardless of your abilities, but outside of here they may not be so kind.

-Bev-LEVEL 102

Edited reply by -Bev-SPECIAL-EVENTS +1

Come and join the fun in the Singsnap Chorus forum/topic/b4196354

I post songs on there but only my friends and family can see them...and not had any negative comments as of yet...but wouldnt bother me I aint singing to please other folks...I sing for my own pleasure...if they dont like it then I say dont listen ...it aint compulsory!

Lisa_ReneLEVEL 61

Reply by Lisa_ReneGOLD

I post mine on FB sometimes. Usually just my friends and family see them.. I usually just post on my FB page. I usually have 1 maybe 2 people who will hit "like" or comment.....I'm quite used to a small following and that's Ok. I sing as a way of relaxing.

cleoelcaLEVEL 36

Reply by cleoelca

I like the anonymity here at SingSnap so haven't dared post on FB. I think we all have a common appreciation here so the support is great. Not sure that many people on my FB even know my secret hobby lol

RichAllenLEVEL 67

Reply by RichAllenGOLD

I used to link to my stuff on there, but I don't any more, too many negative comments from people who are clearly a bunch of morons.

PetesecretLEVEL 84

Edited reply by PetesecretGOLD

I have a fb karaoke page for folks to post their singing ,,,we don't allow critique full stop I have over 900 members

I am also an admin in the sing snap ..singing chat room where again critique is not allowed. .Come join us meet new friends with likewise interests

PoitereriskLEVEL 4

Reply by Poitererisk

I used to link to my stuff on there, but I don't any more, too many negative comments from people who are clearly a bunch of morons.RichAllen

it's your FB wall, you can post anything you want.

mlhooperLEVEL 60

Reply by mlhooperGOLD

.... One of the reasons that I found SingSnap so appealing was that I could sing here without stage fright, which is something that I struggle with as a solo singer......SoloSongstress

Don't worry about stage fright......there is a fix for that......just imagine everyone in the audience are in the nude......the fright will go away........INSTANTLY! Works every time. sabathiel

The fright goes away, but the nausea goes on for hours.

The_Holy_MoleLEVEL 64

Reply by The_Holy_MoleGOLD

As a KJ, the most common advice I would give was "Don't forget to have fun & feel the song"

Yes, we all want to be note perfect but what does that even mean, really? That you want to duplicate the original? A good song is sung a 100 ways by a 100 different singers.

From what I heard in your recordings, your tuning is generally fine. You would get more positive feedback from finding the meaning behind the lyrics and expressing that.

That said, if its on FB that you're getting negative comments, I'd advise better friends too!

Get back to the mic!

Madleine

Reply by MadleineGOLD

Just wondered how you all handle negative comments on FB, like hey .......ncarolina

Simply dont post on FB , just come in for the joy to sing and nothing else.
I even dont have a SpyBook Acc.

Thats the best way to avoid anything like that.

socomicefoxLEVEL 62

Edited reply by socomicefox

Just wondered how you all handle negative comments on FB, like hey that was out of pitch & you can do better, well darn, just can't please everyone, but anyway, most ppl on here are so kind and supportive & they are also supportive out in the karaoke world. I hear singers with all kinds of voices, we just don't comment, this is our hobby no matter. Like my DJ says, this is not American Idol. It's just that the comment came from a singer that sings professionally out in the world, smh here. I don't mind critique in a gentle manner, in fact i love to hear ideas, esp tech stuff like the use of the microphone & the buttons on here to make us sound better. I do have problems shifting from the highs to low register, but that's another problem. Should i just carry on like the song says, and forget that comment, but really it has bothered me.ncarolina

Tbh if you got a comment on facebook from a random person that sings professionally and they gave you critique do not be offended if anything be honored. This professional singer took the time of his day to listen to some random person sing a song. You cant please everyone op when you sing not even the best singers can do that. If you get a comment that is rude/insulting like making fun of you personally I understand how that can be a rude comment.

But. Getting a comment saying step your game up you can do better than what you are doing or hey in my opinion thats the wrong song choice for your voice or hey try a lower pitch or something because that was off pitch like crazy see I dont consider these rude comments I consider them great comments and ppl who actually listened!

You see op thing is when a person gets these comments of oh that was awesome singing 5***** most likely they did not listen to the song at all and are just saying that. Be honored that a person took the time to listen to you sing and also took the time to offer you free advice to help you better your singing. So in my honest opinion you should not feel offended you should feel thankful.

Me myself. I have been not hitting the record button when I sing. I lost my uncle and my grandma and my aunt throughout the years and I know when I sing I know they are listening. To me its not about how I sound. I careless how ppl think I sound. I have rapped in clubs I have sing in restaurants but everytime I pick up the mic myself its not about worrying about how I sound or how others think I sound I sing because in life there is hard times and those hard times leave not good memories but singing and music itself even when recording or not recording helps heal those memories.

So again find a reason why you sing. And thats your reason and dont care about how you sound or what ppl thinks of your singing. But if they do offer you critique take it as a honor and grow from it.

SingerwithawalkerLEVEL 24

Reply by Singerwithawalker

I post all of my songs to Facebook.

dhazemanLEVEL 46

Reply by dhazemanGOLD

I haven't posted one but I think I will in the near future. I think the first one I will sing and sound as bad as possible super pitchy and my name will probably be Bobby Joe and yes that was me who asked my ex wife to marry me by climbing the water tower and spraying those words beby wu ju miery mee? lol I will brag and brag about how great I sound and that I'm truly the G.O.A.T. And destroy the heck out of a song just to hear feedback then I will sing the same song with my normal voice and tell them all to kiss my ass. And I will try to get them to remember the only times they sing or try for that is after 2 hours of liquid courage. lol wish me luck

ButcherbhoyLEVEL 68

Reply by ButcherbhoyCHAT-ADMIN

I do,why worry about comments on FB from strangers,if they dont like your songs,they aint worth worryin about

daphneloungesingerLEVEL 40

Reply by daphneloungesingerGOLD

I've posted some of my songs on Facebook and like to see how many shares I get. I wish we could post on YouTube. I would try not to dwell on negative comments - not everyone has the same taste. Some people like Simon and Garfunkel (me) and some people like rappers (not me). It seems to be common that no matter how much love and praise we get it is the one bad criticism that keeps running through our mind.

geezerbillLEVEL 63

Reply by geezerbillGOLD

I post to FB occasionally, but NEVER get comments, good or bad.
Well, my daughter did once say a song was her favorite.

But then, one can only say that once, right?

ncarolinaLEVEL 38

Reply by ncarolinaGOLD

My DJ posted a couple my songs on YT that is worse scary lol, but it helps seeing myself how freaking scared I was & maybe next time chill out lol. I can "see" what I do wrong out in the world, karaoke world, but you know the other ppl don't notice, they chit chat, as long as we sing something we are ok, my DJ always says it's all about fun, we not on American Idol. But yea YT is not what I thought, I went nooo, I don't act like that, scared lol.