LOGIN KEEPS SWITCHING TO DAUGHTER'S LOGIN

This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help. It has been viewed 918 times and 21 replies have been made.

Sierra

Post by Sierra

Hi Trevor....lately when I sign in and try to send comments to other Singsnap members, it automatically switches to my daughter's page! Then my comments look like they're from my daughter Sierra instead of me...of course, I don't find this out until I've already hit submit, only to see her face come up! Anyway you can look into this problem? Thanks, and am really having a blast here at Singsnap -- thank you so much for this wonderful site. XXOOVictoria

VictoriaLEVEL 37

Reply by VictoriaGOLD

See, it just happened again, even with this message I'm sending you! THIS MESSAGE IS FROM VICTORIA - LOGIN NAME, NOT SIERRA WHO IS MY DAUGHTER....could you please look into why this is suddenly happening? Even if I log her off several times, and then re-log myself in several times...it still bounces back to her login...

divatauniaLEVEL 4

Reply by divataunia

Hey Victoria,

I know I'm not Trevor, but I thought I'd suggest something while you were waiting to hear back from him. It's probably your cache / cookies causing the problem. You'll probably just need to clear your cookies each time you switch usernames. If you're using Internet Explorer, you can find how to do that here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/using/howto/customizing/clearcache.mspx

Hope that helps! -Taunia

melLEVEL 19

Reply by melGOLD +1

and close the browser window and open a new one! i have to do it too! clear cache and cookies and open a new window! then it should work

Per

Reply by Per +1

Hi, I have made some changes that should get rid of this issue. Please let me know if it happens again!

Thanks.

MmeOdileCLEVEL 35

Reply by MmeOdileCGOLD

I am afraid to even try per....I forgot to delete cookies one day..was working on my profile..and zapppp....my hubby's profile bounced into mine..took hours to redo..but..hmmm I now pasted my code on desktop...hmmmm maybe I should try...or NOT? will have to make sure all the profile codes are up to par first..or did I say up to per? heheheh

melLEVEL 19

Reply by melGOLD +1

when did you do those changes? last time it happened to me was yesterday!

BluesEngineLEVEL 1

Reply by BluesEngine

i checked it per! yes same error! i logged out then logged in to BluesEngine account, then went to see the new comments ... and saw the comments for MY (=mel's) account

BluesEngineLEVEL 1

Reply by BluesEngine

funny thing that i'm posting in BluesEngine account here, though ... strange
ok it shows my comments and says i'm BluesEngine ... don't understand ... but this is how it is!

melLEVEL 19

Reply by melGOLD +1

hey per you can soon call me "official singsnap problem finder" LOL (with all those problems i had in only 1 week) haha

melLEVEL 19

Reply by melGOLD +1

haha you know what i didn't change accounts!

melLEVEL 19

Reply by melGOLD +1

must be multiple personality then

BluesEngineLEVEL 1

Reply by BluesEngine

well but at least i can now read the BluesEngine comments while logged in to the BluesEngine account (I wonder who I will come out to be now haha)

BluesEngineLEVEL 1

Reply by BluesEngine

LMAO! ok now you know what happened to me since i logged into BluesEngine account at 12:10pm approx... it keeps switching

NovellaLEVEL 111

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +26

Yeah.. this has been happening like MAD to me for the past few days...switching from my account, to my friends even to my friend's account I hadnt logged into in ages.. I hate cleaning my cookies everytime because I loose it for all other websites as well.. but I did it this morning and it seems to be okay now.

Per

Reply by Per +1

Yes, please clear your cookies and THEN try it. Thanks in advance!

MmeOdileCLEVEL 35

Reply by MmeOdileCGOLD

I am chicken heheheh

BluesEngineLEVEL 1

Reply by BluesEngine

test (should be BluesEngine)

melLEVEL 19

Reply by melGOLD +1

test (should be mel now)

Quartastrophy

Reply by Quartastrophy

test (should be quartastrophy)