Country Music Summertime Showdown

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed. It has been viewed 19,366 times and 809 replies have been made.

<< Prev Next >>
removed1234LEVEL 2

Reply by removed1234

Tommy thanks so much for all of the work on the playlist. Awesome idea and very professional. Thx!

TommyDaleLEVEL 53

Reply by TommyDale

YW~~~ LOVE THIS TALENT

JaguarJLEVEL 25

Edited reply by JaguarJ

HOWDY---lol---Think I'll troll the featured page for a good country tune to enter with....This one looks like fun....Thanks for the Invite!JaguarJ

Holy Crap---Had a BIG Weekend and almost forgot about this....lol....brb.....

Singingman1996LEVEL 53

Reply by Singingman1996GOLD

Caught up to here.

CallmetheGlassman

Reply by CallmetheGlassman

You have to post the FIRST SONG that pops into your head!!
What is your all-time fav country song?StevenHughes

WOULD HAVE TO BE GEORGE JONES
"WHO'S GONNA FILL THEIR SHOES"
ONE OF THE BEST SONGS EVER WRITTEN AND IT SURE TELLS THE TRUTH! HECK, I STILL WONDER WHO CAN FILL THE SHOES OF SOME OF THE TRUE COUNTRY LEGENDS!
HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING OK TODAY! GONNA GET ME SOME LISTENS IN AFTER A BIT! AWWWW HAWWWW!

CHARMMER

Reply by CHARMMERGOLD

morning every one!!! wooooo its monday... lots to do i have listened to here!!! see all you talented singers in a bit.

removed1234LEVEL 2

Reply by removed1234

You have to post the FIRST SONG that pops into your head!!
What is your all-time fav country song?StevenHughes

WOULD HAVE TO BE GEORGE JONES
"WHO'S GONNA FILL THEIR SHOES"
ONE OF THE BEST SONGS EVER WRITTEN AND IT SURE TELLS THE TRUTH! HECK, I STILL WONDER WHO CAN FILL THE SHOES OF SOME OF THE TRUE COUNTRY LEGENDS!
HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING OK TODAY! GONNA GET ME SOME LISTENS IN AFTER A BIT! AWWWW HAWWWW!CallmetheGlassman

Awesome choice, one of my all time favorites! There are very few these days that are keeping it country, Jamey Johnson comes to mind and a few others. We'll prob never hear a guitar like Waylon's again. Most these days are singing what they think will sell and what others want to hear instead of writing their own stuff and sticking to their own sound. 'Dirt Road Anthem' and songs like that prob have the founders of country music shaking their head and rolling in their graves.

I actually made a video to 'Who's gonna fill their shoes' if you want to check it out.

CallmetheGlassman

CAUGHT UP ONCE AGAIN YA'LL! THE TALENT IS HUGE IN THIS WONDERFUL CONTEST AND I AM SURNUFF LOVEIN WHAT I AM HEARING FROM EACH OF YA SO FAR TOO! CAN I GETTA YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW?

CallmetheGlassman

AWWWW YESS! I CHECKED THAT VIDEO OUT EARLIER MY FREIND AND IT WAS AWSOME!!!!!!!! YOU SURE CAN SING THE HECK OUT OF IT TOO! REALLY ENJOYED IT!

CallmetheGlassman

YES SIR, COUNTRY JUST AINT COUNTRY ANYMORE AND ONLY A COUPLE ARE TRYN TO STAY WHERE THE TRUE COUNTRY ROOTS CAME FROM! THE NEW STUFF IS MISSIN A VERY IMPORTANT PIECE OF THE PUZZLE! IT'S MISSN THE HEART AND SOUL THAT REAL COUNTRY HAS AND IT'S A DAYUM SHAME!

TommyDaleLEVEL 53

Reply by TommyDale

<---AUDITION Playlist...Click to Play It.

OK UPDATED TO HERE!!

NetragrahsLEVEL 38

Reply by NetragrahsGOLD

Wow!! This is heavy competition!!

CallmetheGlassman

IT SURE IS A HEAVY COMPETITION FRIEND!
CAME BY TO SEE WHAT WASA SHAKEN! LOOKN LIKE IT'S JUST ME! LOL
CHECK IN LATER I REKN!
HAVE A GOODN!

GrandpajoeLEVEL 49

Reply by GrandpajoeGOLD

Just pokin' my head in for a second. Still working but I'll do some more catchup tonight. Hope ya'll are having a great day!

Joe

CountryMomma29LEVEL 3

Reply by CountryMomma29

I would like to give this a try. Will be back later with song. Thanks.

GeorgiaPeachMarie

Reply by GeorgiaPeachMarie

Goodnight.

rockchic6LEVEL 3

Reply by rockchic6

I've been recording songs when I can to get that elusive perfect take... hmmmm... does that exist... well.. still working on what I feel happy to submit, seeing as I have time top be fussy... plus the bandwidth here is erratic, can't record much at all at home cause my neighbour wants complete silence... after the new lady that's moved in the other side, I'll seem like a wonderful dream...lol.. anyway, will submit real soon & will start listens tonight cause I'll be at home...x

GrandpajoeLEVEL 49

Reply by GrandpajoeGOLD

All caught up!! Nite folks!

Jessi04

Reply by Jessi04GOLD

Good morning, to all. I am back to listen some more. I can tell this is a contest I just would not want to judge. It is amazing how much talent is out there. zoooooooommmmmm off I go.... hugs Jessi

removed1234LEVEL 2

Reply by removed1234

Good morning everyone! Thanks so much for all of the interest and participation so far. You all are sounding great! Gonna be a great contest and tough to judge! You just might be one of the top 20 contestants that makes the auditions cut, so go ahead and start practicing those assigned songs while you can. Remember, don't just sing the songs, feel them and do your best to pull us judges into the song with you. This isn't just a vocal contest, we want to be entertained, we want the lyrics to be delivered so that we feel the words, not just hear them. Show us that you feel the songs that you are submitting. Put yourself into the story within the song and do your very best to place us panel members in that story along with you. Music is all about expression. Good luck to you all. Give it all you have to get your name on the banner and snag that gold membership!

If you have any questions, issues or concerns feel free to contact any of the following panel members:

Jeremy Hughes/stevenhughes/Host, Admin, Judge
Karen Bagno/TXTONY-N-KAREN/Admin
Allison Delgrosso/AllisonD/Judge
Joe Alexander/Singingman1966/Judge
Linda Baxter/CHARMMER/Judge
Tommy Phillippe/TommyDale/Alternate Judge

Support your fellow contestants and HAVE FUN!

Singingman1996LEVEL 53

Good mornin Peep's....gettin a late start to my day...overslept....now problems tho, I'm retired.....This is the life. I'm blown away by the talent we have in this contest audition. This is really gonna be tuff pickin the top 20, all of you are amazing. Love ya's keep sangin Peep's

CHARMMER

Reply by CHARMMERGOLD

checkin in ok guess ill go sing a song or 2 or 3 have a great day everyone

CallmetheGlassman

SLIDEN IN TO CHECK THANGS OUT! HMMMMM.......NOT MUCH A NUTN GOIN ON! LOL
ALRIGHT, YA'LL HAVE A GOODN AND I'LL SEE YA LATER!
JASON

TommyDaleLEVEL 53

Reply by TommyDale

OK UPDATED TO HERE!! TommyDale

Singingman1996LEVEL 53

Just a checkin in to see if'n I missed sompin. Well might just go and sang a couple din.

Chay34LEVEL 41

Reply by Chay34

Flagging! Whew! What a POWERHOUSE of a contest! Want to watch this one!

~wAvEs~
chay

BillkinsLEVEL 4

Reply by Billkins

Thank the Lord I stumbled across this contest!
I do a lot of random listening and obviously need to go to forums etc. more often!
Will definitely keep an eye on this and submit an entry soon!
Flagging!
Now back to the playlist!
There are so many talented people in the world!
Wonderful listen!
Thankyou

realthingLEVEL 44

Reply by realthingGOLD

I would like to audition for your contest
here is my audition entry
I Know She Still Loves Me - George Strait

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b8951459e

CallmetheGlassman

JUST CHECKN IN~GOOD TO SEE YA GOT US A SONG TO LISTEN TO REALTHING! SOUNDED GREAT!
YA'LL HAVE A FABULOUS DAY FRIENDS!

CHARMMER

Reply by CHARMMERGOLD

checking in thank you for the song realthing good luck
slow day for me,,,,,,,, have to sing a song myself for a contest guess id better get on it , you all have a great day. check back in latter,,,,bye all

CountryMomma29LEVEL 3

Edited reply by CountryMomma29

Audition song:

CountryMomma29
Help Me Make It Through The Night-Martina McBride
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bd85298ce

TommyDaleLEVEL 53

Reply by TommyDale

OK UPDATED TO HERE!!

removed1234LEVEL 2

Reply by removed1234

Caught up to here! 44 entry's in 9 days! Thanks to everyone for the turn-out so far! You all are sounding mighty fine! Don't forget to check out your other competitors using the playlist Judge Tommy is posting. Keep in mind that the first 5 songs of the playlist are panel members 'just for fun' entry's.

*Just a quick note: Once an audition entry is submitted it CANNOT be redone. Imagine yourself getting one audition attempt while standing in front of us panel members. When you record your entry and post it on the thread there's no turning back, lol. Good luck to all of you. Hope everyone is having a great week.

sdingus

Reply by sdingus

wow...ust checkin in and reading some i missed and you are right country isnt what it used to be...once in 2000 i loved way out in the country ..no radio signal and two cd...george jones and conway....love them both my favs and it dont get anymore country then that....I myself try to sing country but it always comes out more blussy...just the way my voice is....and i have a deep voice so even if i made it through.....which with all the talent it is very doubtful, i would have to change the females song up a bit to even sing them i believe...the talent is so awesome here..I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THERE IS MORE TALENT IN THIS CONTEST THEN IN ANY CONTEST I HAVE BEEN IN...NOT THAT I HAVE BEEN IN MANY BUT WOOOOZER!!! LISTENING IN THIS CONTEST IS A PLEASURE.....NOT A CHORE....YEAH MY SPELLING IS HORRIBLE..LOL....GOOD LUCK ALL..HUGS SHEILA

Cooper-Jay-DanielsLEVEL 43

Reply by Cooper-Jay-Daniels

Cooper Jay Daniels

Rodney Atkins
Watching you

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/bbb86247e

sdingus

Reply by sdingus

NOW JOE if i could talk my redneck country singing daughter so enter here....NOT FOR THE CONTEST!!!! unless i can talk her into it...
Redneck WOmen
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b799f659e

TommyDaleLEVEL 53

Reply by TommyDale

GrandpajoeLEVEL 49

Reply by GrandpajoeGOLD

wow...ust checkin in and reading some i missed and you are right country isnt what it used to be...once in 2000 i loved way out in the country ..no radio signal and two cd...george jones and conway....love them both my favs and it dont get anymore country then that....I myself try to sing country but it always comes out more blussy...just the way my voice is....and i have a deep voice so even if i made it through.....which with all the talent it is very doubtful, i would have to change the females song up a bit to even sing them i believe...the talent is so awesome here..I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THERE IS MORE TALENT IN THIS CONTEST THEN IN ANY CONTEST I HAVE BEEN IN...NOT THAT I HAVE BEEN IN MANY BUT WOOOOZER!!! LISTENING IN THIS CONTEST IS A PLEASURE.....NOT A CHORE....YEAH MY SPELLING IS HORRIBLE..LOL....GOOD LUCK ALL..HUGS SHEILAsdingus

You are right about Country not being what it used to be. When I turned on my local Country station and actually heard a famous Country artist (who will remain nameless) actually rapping in one of his songs, I just about swerved over to the side of the road to throw up. I could not believe it. And shame on country radio for even playing it. But that's just my humble opinion.

Joe

Singingman1996LEVEL 53

wow...ust checkin in and reading some i missed and you are right country isnt what it used to be...once in 2000 i loved way out in the country ..no radio signal and two cd...george jones and conway....love them both my favs and it dont get anymore country then that....I myself try to sing country but it always comes out more blussy...just the way my voice is....and i have a deep voice so even if i made it through.....which with all the talent it is very doubtful, i would have to change the females song up a bit to even sing them i believe...the talent is so awesome here..I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THERE IS MORE TALENT IN THIS CONTEST THEN IN ANY CONTEST I HAVE BEEN IN...NOT THAT I HAVE BEEN IN MANY BUT WOOOOZER!!! LISTENING IN THIS CONTEST IS A PLEASURE.....NOT A CHORE....YEAH MY SPELLING IS HORRIBLE..LOL....GOOD LUCK ALL..HUGS SHEILAsdingus

You are right about Country not being what it used to be. When I turned on my local Country station and actually heard a famous Country artist (who will remain nameless) actually rapping in one of his songs, I just about swerved over to the side of the road to throw up. I could not believe it. And shame on country radio for even playing it. But that's just my humble opinion.

JoeGrandpajoe

I second that emotion

Liz_AnnLEVEL 27

Reply by Liz_Ann

Liz_Ann
I was Country when Country wasnt cool
Barbara Mandrell
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c58a4748e

CallmetheGlassman

A SURNUFF SLEEPLESS NITE HERE UNDER THESE GA STARS YA'LL! DANG I HATE NITES LIKE THIS BUT IT SURE IS NICE SITTIN HERE LISTENIN TO ALL THIS AWSOME SINGIN! YEEE HAWWWW!
CAUGHT UP I REKN BUT LOOKN FORWARD TO MORE ENTRIES!!!!!
AMEN BROTHER BEN, SHOT THE ROOSTER KILLED THE HEN, HEN DIED ROOSTER CRYED, THATS DA END OF THIS CHICKEN JIVE! LMAO! DADGUM, AM I DELERIOUS NOW? WELL IF THATS WHAT GOOD COUNTRY MUSIC DOES TO YA THEN I IZ GUILTY! LOL!
YA'LL HOLD EM DOWN AND I WILL BE BACK!
JASON

CHARMMER

Reply by CHARMMERGOLD

[quote=CHARMMER]ive been asked if a song from another contest can be used..... YES AUDIO ONLY AND RECORDED AFTER MAY 15, PLEASE POST A COMMENT ON YOUR SONG LETTING THE JUDGES NOW THAT YOU WILL BE USEING THE SAME SONG FOR THIS CONTEST AS WELL.

CHARMMER

Edited reply by CHARMMERGOLD

Liz_Ann
I was Country when Country wasnt cool
Barbara Mandrell
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c58a4748eLiz_Ann

liz ann your audition song was recorded on may 2 please could you bring a song dated after may 15 audio only please thank you.

TommyDaleLEVEL 53

Reply by TommyDale

JoeGrandpajoe

OK JOE COUNTRY EVOLVES LIKE EVERY OTHER THING!! THE 5O'S ROCK AND ROLL WAS THE DEVIL'S MUSIC!! ELVIS MUSIC WAS SCORNED! BUT TODAY ELVIS IS IN THE COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME!! WHO PLACED ANYONE IS CHARGE ?!?!?! I LOVE TODAY'S COUNTRY AS MUCH AS I LOVE THAT REBEL HANK SR WHO BR0UGHT THE ELECTRIC GUITAR TO THE RYMAN ! REALLY!, THE SLICK COUNTRY STUDIO MUSIC OF THE 70'S LIKE RAY PRICE MEANS AS MUCH TO ME AS THE POP COUNTRY TODAY LIKE KEITH URBAN.... IT IS TRUE MUSIC....WITH FEELING AND MEANING THAT COMES FROM THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE .....QUALIFY YOUR STATEMENT

CallmetheGlassman

WELL HAY THERE TOMMYDALE! I SEE THERE'S A LIL TALK GOIN ON HERE AND I'M NOT TRYN TO PRY!
IT'S JUST LIKE JOE SAID IN HIS LAST FEW WORDS UP THERE,"JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION" IS HOW I STATE MY WORDS HERE TOO! I RESPECT ALL SINGERS FROM ANY KINDA MUSIC BACKGROUND BUT FOR ME I LOVE CLASSIC COUNTRY THE ABSOLUTE BEST. YES, I DO LIKE SOME OF THE NEW COUNTRY SONGS BUT I CAN'T GET THE FEEL OF WHAT MOST OF THE NEW SINGERS ARE TRYN TO DO! HECK, SEEMS TO ME THEY ARE JUST SINGIN WITH DOLLAR SIGNS IN THEIR EYES AND NO OTHER FEELING OR EMOTION TO IT! THE HANK SR'S, THE KEITH WHITLEYS, THE MERRLE HAG'S, THE POSSUM AND GOSDIN CAN NEVER BE REPLACED IN MY EYES! THEY LIVED WHAT THEY SANG AND THEY MAKE YA FEEL EVERY SINGLE WORD OF THEIR SONGS! YOU CAN HEAR THE HEART AND SOUL POUR OUT WHEN THEY SING! I HAVE SURNUFF TRYED LISTENIN TO THIS NEW HIGH TECH POPCOUNTRYROCKABILLY STUFF THEY PLAYN NOW AND I GET TO PLUM UPSET AND WONDER HOW ANYONE COULD REALLY LISTEN TO IT!
NOW SEE HEAR, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND I AINT TRYN TO START NO FUSS, JUST CALLN EM LIKE I SEE EM!
MUSIC SPEAKS TO EVERYONE IN A CERTAIN WAY AND TO EACH THEIR OWN! RIGHT MY FRIEND? RIGHT! LOL

Singingman1996LEVEL 53

Caught up to here. Man o Man....WOW

GeorgiaPeachMarie

Reply by GeorgiaPeachMarie

Good Morning

removed1234LEVEL 2

Reply by removed1234

Good morning Georgia and everyone. Caught up to here. Great stuff! Don't forget to support your fellow contestants by using the playlist that Judge Tommy is posting. Keep in mind the first 5 songs on the playlist are the panel members' 'just for fun' entry's. Ya'll have a great day!

*Interaction with panel members and other contestants on the thread is encouraged. But please keep the conversations relaxed and on a mature level. Please be kind and respect others opinions, but feel free to join in any conversations and chat about whatever you want. Thanks and good luck to all!

CHARMMER

Reply by CHARMMERGOLD

checking in how is everyone hopeing you all are haveing a beautifull day.

GrandpajoeLEVEL 49

Edited reply by GrandpajoeGOLD

JoeGrandpajoe

OK JOE COUNTRY EVOLVES LIKE EVERY OTHER THING!! THE 5O'S ROCK AND ROLL WAS THE DEVIL'S MUSIC!! ELVIS MUSIC WAS SCORNED! BUT TODAY ELVIS IS IN THE COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME!! WHO PLACED ANYONE IS CHARGE ?!?!?! I LOVE TODAY'S COUNTRY AS MUCH AS I LOVE THAT REBEL HANK SR WHO BR0UGHT THE ELECTRIC GUITAR TO THE RYMAN ! REALLY!, THE SLICK COUNTRY STUDIO MUSIC OF THE 70'S LIKE RAY PRICE MEANS AS MUCH TO ME AS THE POP COUNTRY TODAY LIKE KEITH URBAN.... IT IS TRUE MUSIC....WITH FEELING AND MEANING THAT COMES FROM THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE .....QUALIFY YOUR STATEMENT
TommyDale

Happy to qualify my humble opinion. It's my belief that Rap does not belong in Country Music. I was not referring to anything else. There is a lot of newer Country that I like! Trace Adkins, Miranda Lambert, Josh Turner, Toby Keith, and Joe Nichols are just a few of my favorite artists. I even enjoy some of the more pop type performers like Darius Rucker and Rascal Flatts. But there are some that I do not like and I guess that's no different than any other era of music. But my personal opinion is that RAP specifically does not lend itself to Country Music.

<< Prev Next >>