It's Time For A Mid-Week Challenge!
Do You Want A Job on SingSnap? Click Here For More Info!
Sign up to browse without ads and record songs → Click to Create Free Account
Read the official SingSnap blog and stay up to date with everything that's going on around here.
Posted by Novella +22 +34 today at 10:54am (8 hours ago).
Attention Potential Hirees:
Have you ever wondered how SingSnap Staffers came to be? As a result of a recent question/suggestion from snapper butt_ugly_mama, we've been inspired to host a mock-interview/audition for all of you - our beloved SingSnap family! If you've ever dreamed of working at SingSnap, this is your chance to make an impression!
Your Interview Challenge:Please ensure you complete both Part A and Part B of the challenge.
I Need A Job Challenge - Part A: You may sing any song from the Anything Goes Feature Page on Wednesday March 12, 2014! If you already know what song you would like to sing, you can request it here.
I Need A Job Challenge - Part B: In your song comment section, we want you to list three qualities/skills that you posses that would make you a great addition to the SingSnap Staff team! If you're doing a video, go all out and really show how fun and creative you can be to increase your chances of Trevor considering your for a position!
Please Note: This challenge is just for fun and is not an actual interview
Rules & Guidelines!
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Wednesday March 12, 2014. The song must be dated March 12.2. You are permitted to sing any song from the 'Anything Goes' Feature Page.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4. No Duets. You may harmonize with yourself.5 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!6. Post your challenge link back in this thread.7. Web cams are encouraged but not required.8. Challenge is open to all members.9. One song per Snapper.10. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.11. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.12. Did I mention you must have FUN?13. The song must be submitted in the following format.
UsernameSong TitleSong Link
*Disclaimer: SingSnap will not answer anyone's inquiries as to whether or not they have or have not been featured. Being featured is a privilege, not a right or expectation. You will likely not be featured each and every challenge, and our team does not have the resources to be answering these inquiries while trying to keep everything moving along. Thank-You for your understanding!
Posted by Novella +22 +34 today at 10:10am (9 hours ago).
Hosting A Successful Contest!
Contest can be a fun and exciting experience on SingSnap but they do require some work! Please read through the following tutorial prior to hosting your own. It would also be a good idea to enter a few first to get your feet wet so you can see for yourself what is expected!
For the most part, contests begin in the "Audition" section of the message board. Click on the Community Tab and then "Message Board" from the sub-menu. From there look for the Contest - Auditions folder.
However, prior to posting your thread - the first thing you need to do is plan out of your contest. When SingSnap members enter your contests, they will have certain expectations. The following items are things you should prepare and determine prior to posting your audition thread.
1. Contest Duration - How long will your contest be? How many round will you have? How long will each round be? You need to determine the start date of your contest, the end date and all the deadlines in between. Contestants need to know if they have enough time to commit to your contest.
2. Contest Theme, Intent and Objective - SingSnap members tend to look for contests or themes that suit their musical preference. It is important that your thread is very clear and detailed outlining the theme and your expectations. Will your contest cover all genres, or focus on one? Will they be expected to learn specific songs of your choosing or select any song they know within a certain genre? Are they allowed to use pre-records (songs already recorded in their studio) or will they be required to sing a song, fresh, dated after your contest commences? Are you looking for the best singer, or most emotionally engaging?
3. Judging Criteria - It is good to let your contestants know what you are looking for and how you intend to score. What is most important; Emotional Engagement? Perfect Pitch? Phrasing? And also, who will be doing the judging? Will you be solely responsible for selecting the winners or will you have assistance?
5. Have A Presence & Be Organized - Be prepared to be present often! You will need to check into your thread often to answer questions, keep it updated and to give the contestants confidence that you're going to follow through. Be prompt, polite and courteous. It is also a good idea to be very organized. Keep a running list of your contestants and/or entries. Keep everyone informed of your progress! It is also vital you use your 'real' account. Do not create a fake account to host a contest.
6. Winners and Prizes - Every good contest must come to an end! If you decide to make banners for the winners of your contest, be sure to hand them out upon completion of the final round. If you create a new thread for the awards, place it in the "Contest - Completed" section of the message board. It is recommended you let people know during the auditions what your intent is for the winners. Some hosts just announce winners, some give award banners and some even offer free Gold. Determine your prizes prior to beginning the auditions.
7. Zero Tolerance For Drama - We highly suggest you make it clear that you will not tolerate any drama. Should people have questions/concerns about the contest, it is best to direct them to send you a Private Message. Keeping drama out of the contest thread increases your chances of having a fun and successful contest!
8. Have Fun! - If you want your contestants to have fun, you should too! Get to know your new friends, chit chat on the thread and make the experience fun for everyone! The more fun you have, the more fun your contestants have and the better your chances are of having them re-join future contests of yours!
For more tips from another SingSnap Member, check out this thread!
Posted by Novella +22 +34 on March 3 at 11:17am.
Post Your Feature Page Suggestions/Requests Here!
Do you have a song you would like to sing on Friday and have it posted on the feature page? Then let us know and post the links here!
Be sure to read this tutorial carefully and post the recording link. Do not the song title or artist or links to recordings already made.
Example Recording Link:
How to Post Your Links!
1. Click on the Record Tab 2. Find the song you want on the Feature Page and click Record 3. Copy the URL and paste it in this thread (See Below)
Please post your requests by Thursday @ 4 pm SingSnap time.
If you have multiple song requests we will do our best but depending on the volume of requests we may not be able to get them all featured. We will start with adding the first one from every member who suggests a song, then the second, etc..
Posted by Novella +22 +34 on March 3 at 9:32am.
Everyone Gets Lucky on SingSnap!
You've felt the love for the past 28 days but do you feel lucky? Last month was dedicated to love and this month is dedicated to Luck! We're paying homage to those lucky friends across the pond and have some really cool products this month!
Introducing our new (and totally fabulous) rainbow usernames! And of course at the end of every rainbow is a Pot of Gold! But what would a Luck filled month be without Lucky Clovers? You can have it all and help your friend get lucky on SingSnap!
How To Buy Lucky Clovers, Pots of Gold and Colorful Usernames!
1. Scroll to the bottom of any page on SingSnap and click on the small clover icon.
2. You are now on the Purchase Page. Select the product that you wish to purchase.
3. Select the Value Package that best suits your needs.
3. Now you're ready to Buy! You can pay by either Paypal or Credit Card.
4. Complete the transaction and proceed to the Distribution Center.
5. Select the product you wish to distribute.
6. You can now either select names from the list (hold down the CTRL button to select multiple people at once) OR type in the exact username of the intended recipient. Click Next.
7. Select the number of items you wish to give to your friend. Click Next!
7. Should you wish, you may now send along a personalized message with your trinket! If you do not want to send a personalized message, simply leave the box blank. Once you're done, press the "Distribute" button and your trinkets will be delivered!
The first Lucky Clover or Pot of Gold a member receives will give them the icon next to their name. Every trinket after that will be displayed as a numeric value next to the icon.
7. If you purchased a colored nick, please allow up to 10 minutes for activation!
Posted by Novella +22 +34 on March 1 at 10:02am.
Patron Fund Awards For March 2014!
The following members have been selected to be the recipients of a one month Gold Membership compliments of our Patrons and the Gold Patron Fund!
Click here to donate, Click here to nominate!
Posted by Novella +22 +34 on February 26 at 10:11am.
A Great BIG Thank-You!
SingSnap has the best community in virtual existence. A big part of that is our volunteer family. These individuals donate their time in various areas of the site to try and help make everyone's experience the best it can be.
Volunteering can often be a thankless job but we want to ensure our volunteer team knows just how grateful we are for the contributions they make towards the site. We have decided to bring back the Volunteer Appreciation Program known as "Volunteer VIP". This highlight two volunteers a month for their dedication and contribution towards the site!
How It Works!
Every two weeks we will be featuring a new 'Volunteer-VIP' on the Community Page! A few of their songs will be highlighted, as well as a small blurb outlining their role on the site. They will also sport a nifty new tag that says "Volunteer-VIP"! Their songs will also receive 24 hours in the Big Box video on the Featured Page at some point during those two weeks! We are letting the community know so you can join us in celebrating the volunteer team, as well as showing some love!
If there is any volunteer in particular you feel should be nominated, feel free to contact Novella with their name and your testimony.
Thank-You to the entire volunteer team. You are a vital part of the success of this site and we hope you know just how much you are valued and appreciated!
This Week's Recipient!
We are thrilled to announce that our first Volunteer-VIP has been selected! Please visit the Community Page and check out their songs!
Each week we will also feature a Mini Question and Answer period, highlighting these special people! Click here to meet LiliMooka!
Flag this thread and check back periodically to find out who the next VIP will be! You can view the volunteer team by visiting the Staff & Volunteer Page.
Posted by Novella +22 +34 on February 25 at 9:16am.
Do You Love Your Computer?
Welcome to the final challenge for The Month Of Love! This challenge is destined to make you want to hug your computer! We've said it 1,000 times in the past - we all came to SingSnap for the music but we stayed for the friendships! It is most likely that through modern technology such as computers (and now iOS devices) we have been fortunate enough to make a friend that we may not have made otherwise and THAT is what this challenge is all about!
I Love My Computer Challenge Details:Please ensure you complete both Part A and Part B of the challenge.
I Love My Computer Challenge - Part A: You may sing any song from the Anything Goes Feature Page on Friday February 28, 2014! If you already know what song you would like to sing, you can request it here.
I Love My Computer Challenge - Part B: We want you to do something really scarey ... We want you to imagine life without SingSnap! Yes, I know even the thought is terrifying but what do you think you would be doing - right this minute - if SingSnap never came into your world. What would your life be like? In your song comment section, we simply want you to tell us what you think your life would be like if you hadn't made the connections and friendships that you have made. How would you feel? What would you do with your spare time! Share your SingSnap story!
Remember, if you want to increase your chances of being featured - get creative, have fun and put some extra effort into your video!
As part of being the Spotlight Challenge Honorary Host, Uncle-Pauley has completed his challenge entry! Check him out singing With A Little Help From My Friends!!
Rules & Guidelines!
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday February 28, 2014. The song must be dated Feb 28.2. You are permitted to sing any song from the 'Anything Goes' Feature Page.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. One song per Snapper.9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
UsernameCam/Audio ChallengeSong TitleSong Link
Posted by Novella +22 +34 on February 18 at 8:59am.
Let The Good Times Roll!
We are excited to parade through the SingSnap Streets in our fun and festive gear to celebrate in our very first 'I Love Mardi Gras' challenge! It's time to sport the feathered masks, beautiful beads and groove to some fantastic beats!
Your Mardi Gras Challenge!Please ensure you complete both Part A and Part B of the challenge.
Mardi Gras Challenge - Part A: You may sing any song from the Anything Goes Feature Page on Friday February 21, 2014! If you already know what song you would like to sing, you can request it here.
Mardi Gras Challenge - Part B: If you're on cam, we want to .... you guessed it ... dress the part! Show off those beads, masks and colourful costumes! If you're doing audio only, at the start of your song we want to hear you say "Throw me some Beads Mister!"
As part of being the Spotlight Challenge Honorary Host, MNM1983 has completed her challenge entry! Check her out singing Down At The Twist And Shout!!
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday February 21, 2014. The song must be dated Feb 21.2. You are permitted to sing any song from the 'Anything Goes' Feature Page.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. One song per Snapper.9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
Posted by Novella +22 +34 on February 11 at 9:19am.
Happy Valentine's Day SingSnap!
Whether you are celebrating Valentine's Day or Single's Awareness Day - this challenge is for you! We want to celebrate today by singing your heart out, but it is up to you if you go it alone or find a partner! Or you can do both because you're allowed two songs and we're just that nice! Read below for all the details.
Your Valentine Challenge!Please ensure you complete both Part A and Part B of the challenge.
Valentine Challenge - Part A: You may sing any song from the Anything Goes Feature Page on Friday February 14, 2014! If you already know what song you would like to sing, you can request it here.
Valentine Challenge - Part B: If you're on cam, we want you to dress the part and turn yourself into a walking valentine. Sport the red, white and pink, decorate your cam and get into the loving spirit! If you're doing an Audio-Only challenge, just write us a little love poem in your song comment section. Your poem must be four lines long and contain the following words; Love, Song, Heart, Friend!
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday February 14, 2014. The song must be dated Feb 14.2. You are permitted up to two (2) recordings. One duet and one solo performance.3. If you do duet, only the finished recording must be dated Feb 14.4. Gender Benders are acceptable5 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!6. Post your challenge link back in this thread.7. Web cams are encouraged but not required.8. Challenge is open to all members.9. Two songs per Snapper.10. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.11. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.12. Did I mention you must have FUN?13. The song must be submitted in the following format.
Posted by Novella +22 +34 on February 10 at 10:48am.
Love, Love and More Love!
All month long we've been spreading the love! We've dedicated songs, shared loving comments, delivered adorable heart trinkets and decorated our friends usernames in pink and red! SingSnap is not just about the music, it's about the friendships and bonds we've formed over the days, months and years! So take this opportunity to share a little more love with anyone and everyone! A smile goes a long way
How Do I Do That?
All you have to do is follow these four easy steps and then let us do the rest!
1. Click on the Send A Heart O'Gram link!2. Write your friends usernames in the boxes provided.3. Click on the 'Send' button!
Rules & Guidelines:
1. You can send as many Heart O'Grams as you want but but you cannot duplicate recipients. 2. The messages will be anonymous and generic due to technical limitations and to avoid abuse.3. Heart O'Grams can be sent between February 13th and February 15th.4. This is 100% in the spirit of fun and friendship!5. It is also 100% Free!
This is just one more way to show your friend you're thinking of them during the Month of Love! This is absolutely free and our way of helping you spread some love!
Share The Love!
© 2014 SingSnap | Mar 8, 6:23 PM EST | Promotion →