Sign up to browse without ads and record songs → Click to Create Free Account
Read the official SingSnap blog and stay up to date with everything that's going on around here.
Posted by Novella +28 +19 on August 20 at 3:02pm.
It's Time For A Giant SingSnap Sleep Over!
One of the best adventures a child can have is spending the night with a group of friends, sharing stories, playing games and eating too much junk food! Join us this week, as we have a gigantic Pajama Party!
Your Week Three Block!
Each week you will be participating to earn a colorful building block which will spell out "Snap"! This week you are after the "A" Building block!
Pajama Party Challenge Details:
It is time to get courageous, creative and crazy! Be sure to complete both parts of your challenge to secure this weeks block!
Pajama Party Challenge - Part A: Sing any song on the Feature Page on August 22, 2014. The song must be dated August 22 to be considered. If you already know what song you would like to sing, you can request it here!
Pajama Party Challenge - Part B: If you're on cam, we want you to dress the part! Wear your favorite (G-Rated) Pajamas on cam! Show us your wild and crazy bed head! Sport your slippers, robe and don't forget the night cap! If you're doing the Audio-Only Challenge, tell us a bedtime story by completing the phrase below! You can write the story in your song comment section OR verbally deliver it at the start of your song!
Once upon a time in a land far, far away.. Lived a handsome prince named Trevor! He had a dream one night to create the biggest and baddest online community in the world! He made this dream come true - one song at a time. As he sits back and recollects his favorite moments with his new virtual family members, he'll never forget the time that ______________________! "
Rules & Guidelines:
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday August 22, 2014. The song must be dated August 22.2. No Two-Person duets allowed. You may harmonize with yourself.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. One song per Snapper.9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
UsernameSong TitleSong Link
*Disclaimer: SingSnap will not answer anyone's inquiries as to whether or not they have or have not been featured. Being featured is a privilege, not a right or expectation. You will likely not be featured each and every challenge, and our team does not have the resources to be answering these inquiries while trying to keep everything moving along. Thank-You for your understanding!
Posted by Novella +28 +19 on August 13 at 1:24pm.
A Great BIG Thank-You to lil_miss_tasty7!
Kareena is such a joy to be around! She has so much spirit and an infectious zest for life! She is a very valuable member of our chat-admin family! She is very dedicated, hilarious and "FUN" is her middle name! She is a true asset to the team and we're very thankful to have her on board!
Q&A With Kareena!
How Did You Become A Volunteer With SingSnap?
I found SingSnap when I was at a low point in my life and singing was the only thing that helped me forget everything, I found chat and once logged in I couldn't leave, the friends i have made in there have been amazing not to mention all the giggles I've shared with them all, I was asked to become a chat-admin and at first was super nervous but all the staff made me feel right at home and i would be lost without them, I really love being a volunteer in chat and wouldn't change it for anything in the world
What is your favorite thing about SingSnap?
My favorite thing would be the people I've met and the friends I've made, I couldn't wish or ask for better friends they've kept me laughing when im low and listened to be when I've needed them, we share everything from good music from all genres to Friday night fancy dress ideas for chat LOL!
Who are the most important people in your world?
The most important people to me are my friends and family, I wouldn't be the person I am without them, To name two would 1. be my dad as I'm a huge daddy's girl and he is my rock whenever I need him, he supports me with everything i do in life and no matter how old i get he will always be my superhero, and 2. my best friend Vikki (Stargirl) Without her i don't know what id do, we've laughed cried shared secrets and TV show gossip, there isn't a day that goes by i cannot message her with something for us both to laugh about, We met in chat as strangers but will be best friends forever
And Lastly, if there is one thing you want people to know about YOU and SingSnap what would it be?
I would like more to know that chat isn't just about listening to the best singers but to listening to people having fun and sharing their favorite music also its about coming in and talking about your day making friends from all over the world, If you haven't yet been in I would strongly recommend it as it's a mountain of fun with great people and great music 24-7
Check Out Kareena's Recordings!
I Will Follow Him - Whoopi GoldbergMy Boy Lollipop - Millie SmallUninvited - Alanis Morissette
Thank-You For Your Dedication!
Posted by Novella +28 +19 on August 12 at 11:48am.
Let's Go To The Zoo!
Join us this Friday as we take a trip to the zoo, but this isn't just ANY Zoo - it's the SnapZoo! And the animals are you! (yes, that rhymed ) This is your second chance en route to becoming the highly coveted Snap-Star!
Your Week Two Block!
Each week you will be participating to earn a colorful building block which will spell out "Snap"! This week you are after the " N" Building block!
SnapZoo Challenge Details:
SnapZoo Challenge - Part A: Sing any song on the Feature Page on August 15, 2014. The song must be dated August 15 to be considered. If you already know what song you would like to sing, you can request it here!
Snapzoo Challenge - Part B: We want to know what your favorite animal is from the Zoo! Do you like the funny monkeys or the cute and cuddly bears?! If you're on cam, we want you to dress the part! If you're doing audio-only, tell us in your song comment section what your favorite animal is and why!
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday August 15, 2014. The song must be dated August 15.2. No Two-Person duets allowed. You may harmonize with yourself.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. One song per Snapper.9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
UsernameAudio/CamSong TitleSong Link
Posted by Novella +28 +19 on August 5 at 10:03am.
What's Your SingSnap Super Hero!?
What is more youthful than reading comics books and imagining a world where you get to be a super hero! We definitely have some real life heroes right here on Snap and we want to spend this challenge having fun and being awesome!
Your Week One Block!
Each week you will be participating to earn a colorful building block which will spell out "Snap"! This week you are after the "S" Building block!
Superhero Challenge Details:
Superhero Challenge - Part A: Sing any song on the Feature Page on August 8, 2014. The song must be dated August 8 to be considered. If you already know what song you would like to sing, you can request it here!
Superhero Challenge - Part B: Create your very own Superhero OR tell us who your favorite actual superhero is! If you're on cam, simply dress the part! If you're doing audio only, write about your hero in the Song Comment section!
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday August 8, 2014. The song must be dated August 8.2. No Two-Person duets allowed. You may harmonize with yourself.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. One song per Snapper.9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
It's Time To Feel Young Again!
With kids across the world getting ready to go back to school, there are school supplies lining the local stores, youth groups starting back up and child orientated activities popping up everyone! While we do love the youth of our nation, we wanted to have some fun too! So this challenge is dedicated to all Snappers who want to feel 'Young Again'!
Young Again Challenge!
Each week you will be participating to earn a colorful building block! These building blocks spell out a very special word - Snap! (Which of course is short for SingSnap!) If you successfully earn all four building blocks, you will be a Snap-Star for the month of September!
You Can Follow Along!
Every Monday we will be posting an updated file of the participants and their standing on the SingSnap Events Profile, so that you can follow along with us!
Rules and Guidelines!
1. The Snap-Star tag will be awarded after all four weeks are completed.2. This challenge is open to every member of the site.3. Webcams are encouraged but not required.4. Zero tolerance rule for drama will be enforced strictly.5. A new thread will be posted each Friday.6. A song must be entered into the specified thread to be considered.7. You can join in as many and as few of the challenges as you desire.8. Post your link only once.9. If you have any questions about anything, send a message to the SingSnap Events Team.10. Fresh Recordings only.11. Each challenge will have a specific set of instructions for recording/submission procedures. Read Carefully.12. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.13. Licensed songs and SingSnap Originals are not permitted.14. Last but most importantly - HAVE FUN!
Posted by Novella +28 +19 on August 4 at 11:18am.
Customize Your Song Titles!
Do you enjoy recording your own creations on the SingSnap Original Backing Track or sharing your creative writing with the Write Your Own Songs, SingSnap House Band feature? Have you ever wished you could re-name the finished recording to reflect your song title?
Well that moment has arrived! You can now enter your own customized title on SingSnap Original or SingSnap House Bank blank tracks!
Once you finish mixing your song, you'll be able to enter in your own title during the final stage of the Saving Process!
Your newly titled recording will be displayed like this on the "Play" page;
Like this on your Recording Page;
And Like this behind the scenes in your song list;
We hope you enjoy this feature! Have fun naming your tunes!
Posted by Rob +1 +9 on August 4 at 10:58am.
In the past some of you may have experienced trouble making one-time credit card payments. This was normally due to international transaction blocks imposed by your bank. We're happy to announce that you won't face those pesky blocks any longer. This opens up one-time payments to people using prepaid/refillable cards as well as bank debit cards (with a Visa or MasterCard logo) that previously were blocked from purchasing online.
We're also now accepting payments from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, UnionPay & JCB cards. You can purchase using any of these cards online or by phone.
Members have requested better one-time payment options and expressed frustration with international blocks. Due to your valuable feedback we worked very hard to bring these new payment options to you. These recent changes are a reflection of our commitment to making your experience on the site as enjoyable and hassle free as possible.
Posted by Novella +28 +19 on July 31 at 9:08am.
Let The Emotion Inspire You - Again!
One of our most popular contests to date was the original "Can You Feel It?" So we're doing it again! We're digging deep, releasing those deep seeded emotions and vying for some fabulous prizes!
This contest is all about delivering emotion and connecting with your audience! There will be major points up for grabs for those who pull us in and speak to our emotional core. A webcam is not required for this contest but there is an optional bonus video category where willing participants can earn up to an additional five points!
The contest will be a non-elimination contest! It will be three rounds and as long as you submit a song for each round, you will be eligible to win the grand prize. Each song will be scored by five members of our invited panel. After all three rounds are complete, the score for each round will be added together for one final accumulated score.
Each round will be six days long with the next round starting the very next day. A new thread will be posted which will announce that Round's Emotional Challenge. If you do not submit an entry for Round One, you will not be eligible for Round Two or Three. You must submit a song in all three rounds to be considered for a prize.
Round 1 - Friday August 1 - Thursday August 7Round 2 - Friday August 8 - Thursday August 14Round 3 - Friday August 15 - Thursday August 21
The Judging Panel:
There will be a judging panel made up of judges from the SingSnap community. Each entry will be randomly assigned to five judges who will score your performance based upon the scoring criteria provided to them by SingSnap Staff. Please see below for both the Invited Judging Panel and the Scoring Criteria.
The invited Panel will judge all three rounds. Their scores will be added together at the end of Round Three and the Top Ten Contestants will all receive a One Year Gold Membership!!!
SingSnap Staff will then score all three entries of the Top Ten contestants and award the top scorer a Lifetime Gold Membership!
We will also be giving away SingSnap Swag throughout the contest! (That translates to SingSnap Merchandise) We will have random draws, so all you have to do is participate! We will be giving away things such as key chains, buttons, bumper stickers, hats, coffee mugs, and even T-Shirts! Read below for how the draws will work!
Round One: We will do one draw a day. We will give away one prize for every 20 people who enter. The draw will likely happen at approximately 8 PM EST each day and whomever has submitted an entry until that point, will be eligible for the draw! In Round One, we will be giving away smaller items such as Key Chains, Magnets, Bumper Stickers and Buttons!
Round Two: We will do one draw a day. Everyone who submitted an entry in Round One will be eligible. We will give away two prizes in each draw. For Round Two, we will be giving away items such as coffee mugs, hats and mouse pads!
Round Three: We will do one draw a day. Everyone who submitted an entry in Round Two will be eligible. We will give away two prizes in each draw. For Round Three , we will be giving away T-Shirts!
If this sounds like a contest you would be interested in, NOW is your chance to enter Round One! Please read the next post carefully to ensure you understand all the requirements!
Good Luck Snappers!
Posted by Novella +28 +19 on July 31 at 8:52am.
International Friendship Month Has Arrived!
It's International Month of Friendship again and if SingSnap represents anything (besides music) - it's friendship! Thousands of bonds have been formed between folks livingin every corner of the earth and we want to celebrate it!
We are please to introduce SingSnap's International Month of Love and Friendship! Beginning August 1st through the end of the month you can give and receive smiley faces or hearts that will be displayed next to your username. This is your chance to share love and smile's across the miles!
In addition to these fun and loveable trinkets, you can also purchase a fabulous matching Red and Pink username. Can you feel the love?
How To Purchase Smileys, Hearts and Colored Usernames:
1. Scroll to the bottom of any page on SingSnap and click on the small smiley icon.
2. You are now on the Purchase Page. Select the product that you wish to purchase.
3. Select the Value Package that best suits your needs.
3. Now you're ready to Buy! You can pay by either Paypal or Credit Card.
4. Complete the transaction and proceed to the Distribution Center.
5. Select the product you wish to distribute.
6. You can now either select names from the list (hold down the CTRL button to select multiple people at once) OR type in the exact username of the intended recipient. Click Next.
7. Select the number of items you wish to give to your friend. Click Next!
7. Should you wish, you may now send along a personalized message with your trinket! If you do not want to send a personalized message, simply leave the box blank. Once you're done, press the "Distribute" button and your trinkets will be delivered!
The first smiley or heart a member receives will give them the icon next to their name. Every trinket after that will be displayed as a numeric value next to the icon.
If you purchase a username, please allow up to 10 minutes for activation.
Patron Fund Awards For August 2014!
The following members have been selected to be the recipients of a one month Gold Membership compliments of our Patrons and the Gold Patron Fund!
Click here to donate, Click here to nominate!
© 2014 SingSnap | Aug 27, 8:49 AM ET | Promo →