Do You Want To Sing With 500 Of Your Closest Friends?
Then Join The 2013 SingSnap Chorus! Click Here Now!
Sign up to browse without ads and record songs → Click to Create Free Account
Read the official SingSnap blog and stay up to date with everything that's going on around here.
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on December 5 at 12:36pm.
The SingSnap Chorus Is Back and We're Ready to Jingle Bell Rock!
Have you ever wanted to sing with 500+ of your closest friends? The opportunity has arrived! Each year around the holidays we put together a production that combines hundreds of voices from every corner of the earth. It is a total blast and the results are incredible!
Previous peformances included Auld Lang Syne. (There's also an Acapella Version!), Walking In A Winter Wonderland and 2012's Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
This year, it's time to get our rock on - Jingle Bell Style!
Our wonderfully talented Staff member Jason has performed this song - so all you have to do is record the song with him as a duet and sing as closely along with him as possible! It's really important to sing as closely along with Jason as you can because the more in unison the voices are - the better it will sound!
You must submit one recording of yourself singing the Melody. If you wish, you may submit a second recording of yourself singing harmony. Two recordings maximum!
Melody Defined: Essentially, sing the exact same notes that Jason is singing - when he is singing them.Harmony Defined: Harmony compliments the melody. While the phrasing/timing/sync should remain the same as Jason's, the notes may differ but they should still compliment Jason's and sound pleasing to the ear.
Once the deadline has passed and all the songs have been collected, Jason will work his magic and mix the recording into another amazing SingSnap Chorus masterpiece!
Carefully read the instructions below to learn how to submit your song. A team of volunteers will review each submission and if it is successful, you will receive a banner on your song indicating so. If it is not, you will receive a private message telling you what the problem is and inviting you to try again!
1. The song to duet is Jingle Bell Rock!.It is mandatory to sing with Jason on this song and it's available to all members.2. Upon reviewing your recording, Enable Music must be selected.3. If you record with "Stereo Mix" or "What-U-Hear" enabled, that must be turned off. 4. Sing along with Jason as closely as possible.5. Each Snapper may submit a maximum of two recordings.5A. If you only submit one recording, it should be a melody track.5B. If you submit more than one, one must be melody and one must be harmony.6. Record Audio-Only (Ensure you select the disable camera button on the bottom right corner of the recorder)7. Sing Only! Please do not talk, make noises or any other sounds during the entire recording.8. Most importantly - Have Fun, Fun, Fun!9. You have until 4 PM EST December 20, 2013 to submit your recording.10. Submit the completed recording on this thread for consideration in the following format;
Username & JasonMelody/HarmonyLink
.......................................................................................Click Here To Record Now!
When you're done, come back here and post a link to your recording in this thread. If you don't know how to record a duet, please visit the Record A Duet Tutorial!
Recording Helpful Hints:
If you're concerned or confused about Rule #3, please review this section carefully.
1. If you have What-U-Hear or Stereo selected on your sound card, it will not work in the finished product.2. You must select "Mic Only" from the recording properties.
Setting Up Your Sound For Windows XPSetting Up Your Sound For Vista/Win 7/Win 8Setting Up Your Sound For A MAC
A Few Ways To Test
- Once you've finished singing and are reviewing your recording: Until you select Enable Music, you should not hear ANY music. Voice only. Again, when saving your recording you must have Enable Music selected.
- A second test can be upon saving your recording - If you hear the SingSnap Chime, then you have recorded using stereo/what-u-hear and must try again.
- If you DO NOT hear the SingSnap Chime, it's likely you did it correctly and so long as it's in sync and has no talking/profanities, etc., - you should be good to go!
Once you successfully submit your song, a volunteer will place a banner on your recording. The volunteer team for this project will not have a special color by their name, so just look for the "Review Panel Banner". Allow at least 72 hours after you've submitted it to the thread for someone to review it. If 72 hours passes and you did not receive a banner or a private message from a Chorus volunteer, please send a private message to the SingSnap Events Team.
If you did receive a banner, then you can utilize this one on your profile!
We are really excited to embark on this journey again and are hopeful each and every one of you participates. It's such a remarkable and rewarding experience, we promise you - you won't regret it!
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on December 2 at 10:12am.
Administration Volunteers Required!
Our SingSnap Chorus performances have become almost legendary and it's time to do it again!
But Not Yet!
We will announce the details very shortly, however in the mean time we are seeking volunteers who want to be a part of the Chorus Review Panel. The general responsibilities will be reviewing Chorus Submissions and determining if they meet the technical requirements.
Things To Consider:
- Available between now and Dec 20, 2013.- Willing to listen to the same song over and over and over and over again!- Patient with a good ear, in terms of timing and sync- Ability to communicate and check in often
If this sounds like something you're interested in, please send a Private Message to Novella by Wednesday December 4th. And yes, if you volunteer for the administration duties you are still highly encouraged to sing in the actual chorus!
We will accept 'notes of interest' until Wednesday December 4th, at which time we will randomly select a group of volunteers. If you are selected you will be contacted via PM. If you are not selected, please remember we only have room for so many spaces and the selection will be entirely random - so it's definitely nothing personal!
We thank everyone in advance for your interesting in being a part of this monumental project!
For Your Listening Pleasure!
We will leave you with our 2012 Chorus Performances for your listening pleasure!
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!
And The Early Years...
Walking In A Winter WonderlandAuld Lang SyneAuld Lang Syne - Acapella Version
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on December 2 at 9:57am.
It's That Time Of Year Again - Are Your Friends Naughty Or Nice? You Decide!
Once again, Trevor is making his list and he's checking it twice! Are you going to be on the naughty or nice side? It's up to your friends to decide!
'Tis the season for giving and what better way to let your SingSnap friends know you think they're nice (or even a little naughty) than by giving them a cute and festive trinket next to their username? You can deliver a pretty present for those who are super nice, or even a comical lump of coal for those who tend to be a little naughty!
You Don't Need To Be A Tree To Be Decorated!
Why let the evergreens have all the fun? This is your opportunity to 'decorate' yourself and give your SingSnap username a festive touch! Get festive and gift yourself or your friends an utterly delicious green and red nick for the rest of the month. But that's not all! Since we know SingSnap absolutely loves being moody, these aren't your regular usernames - they're Festive Mood Usernames! We will have a fabulous selection of holiday inspired moods that you can use all month long!
How To Purchase The Holiday Goodies!
1. Scroll to the bottom of any page on SingSnap and click on the festive emoticon icon.
2. You are now on the Purchase Page. Select the product you wish to purchase.
3. Select the Value Package that best suits your needs.
3. Now you're ready to Buy! You can pay by either Paypal or Credit Card.
4. Complete the transaction and proceed to the Distribution Center.
5. Select the product you wish to distribute.
6. You can now either select names from the list (hold down the CTRL button to select multiple people at once) OR type in the exact username of the intended recipient (including yourself!). Click Next.
7. Select the number of items you wish to give to your friend. Click Next!
7. Should you wish, you may now send along a personalized message with your gift! If you do not want to send a personalized message, simply leave the box blank. Once you're done, press the "Distribute" button and your product(s) will be delivered!
8. Please allow up to 10 minutes for activation of the Festive Mood Usernames.
How To Change Moods!
All of our festive emotions are waiting for you at the click of a mouse. "Happy" will be the default emotion. Should you wish to change your emotion, follow these simple steps!
1. Click the emoticon next to your name or visit your Account Page and click the link in the yellow "Change Your Mood" box!
2. Select the mood that best fits how you're feeling.
3. Press Update! Please allow 5-10 minutes for the change to become active.
Is that's simple! We hope you'll enjoy this fun and interactive username!
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on December 1 at 1:33pm.
Patron Fund Awards For December 2013!
The following members have been selected to be the recipients of a one month Gold Membership compliments of our Patrons and the Gold Patron Fund!
Click here to donate, Click here to nominate!
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on November 12 at 9:20am.
We Dare You To Be Moody!
Our second Spotlight Challenge has arrived and this week was inspired by our very own SingingRainbow!
As you may have noticed, the Mood Usernames Are Back! In honor of this epic event this week's challenge is all about being moody. Do you remember those nifty little rings that, once put on your finger - would change color and tell you your mood? We are doing a version of that - SingSnap Style!
Your Mood Ring Sing Challenge Details!
This challenge will require early sign-up but don't worry, if you miss the deadline, we will still have a late-comers challenge on Friday! All you need to do right now is pick the color of the ring you would like to wear from the list below!
Each color will represent an emotion but we're not telling you what emotion the colors represents just yet! For now - all you need to do is let us know you're interested in the following format!
Example: I am Novella and I choose Orange!
Check back after 4 PM EST Thursday and we will reveal both your side challenge and what emotion you have chosen! Remember, if you miss the early-bird sign-up, we will still have a challenge for you.
If you already know what song you are planning to sing and want to see it on the Feature Page on Friday, you can request it by Clicking Here!
As part of being the Spotlight Challenge Honorary Host, SingingRainbow has completed her Mood Ring Sing challenge! She got her very own color, which is blue and her emotion was Love & Romance! Check her out singing Everything I Do, I Do It For You!
Rules & Guidelines:
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday November 15, 2013. The song must be dated Nov 15.2. No Two-Person duets allowed. You may harmonize with yourself.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. One song per Snapper.9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
UsernameColorSong TitleSong Link
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on November 4 at 9:54am.
Brought Back By Popular Demand!
When we first introduced the Mood Usernames, they were a huge hit! The people spoke and we listened - so we have brought them back for the month of November. We currently have over 70 moods and will continue to add additional moods throughout the month!
For those of you who are not familiar, here is a very small sample of some of the moods!
If you purchase our "Mood Username" these amazingly cute and colorful combos will be available to you at the click of your mouse! Read below for information on how to purchase this innovative username and also how to Change Your Mood!
How To Purchase Mood Usernames!
1. Scroll to the bottom of any page on SingSnap and click on the small emoticon icon.
2. You are now on the Purchase Page. Select the "Username" product.
7. Select the number of items you wish to give to your friend (in this case, 1). Click Next!
7. Should you wish, you may now send along a personalized message with your username! If you do not want to send a personalized message, simply leave the box blank. Once you're done, press the "Distribute" button and your username(s) will be delivered!
8. Please allow up to 10 minutes for activation of the colored usernames.
How To Change Moods!
All seventy+ emotions are waiting for you at the click of a mouse. "Happy" will be the default emotion. Should you wish to change your emotion, follow these simple steps!
Attention Shocktober Participants!
If you successfully collected all four participation banners, Trevor will be personally buying you a mood username! Please allow us 24 hours for distribution.
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on November 1 at 9:27am.
Patron Fund Awards For November 2013!
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on October 29 at 12:54pm.
The Good Vs Evil Challenge!
Halloween is generally a time when all the Ghouls and Goblins come out to play! But not everyone wants to be gory and gross - some people like to be good and gorgeous! This year's Halloween Challenge is all about deciding whether you're a Good Snapper or an Evil Snapper (All in good fun of course!)
Each side (Good and Evil) have a 'leader'! Our beautiful Annie is the Good Witch while our devilish Trevor is the Wicked Warlock! So which team will YOU choose?
This challenge consists of two parts. Both Part A and Part B must be completed. Read carefully! The goal of this challenge is select either Team Evil Trevor or Team Good Annie!
Good Vs Evil Challenge - Part A: You may sing any song you would like from the Feature Page, dated Thursday October 31, 2013. If you would like to request a song for Friday's Feature, do so here.
Good Vs Evil Challenge - Part B: Read below and do the appropriate challenge for the team you wish to be a part of.
Team Evil Trevor - To be on this team, you must complete the following evil deed for Trevor. Scare us OR hurt our ears! You have two choices: You can either (at the start of your song) give us the most scary, high pitched, blood curdling scream you can muster OR you can sing the entire first verse of your song off key and out of sync! Just let us know in your song comment section which you decided to do!
Team Good Annie - To be on this team, you must complete the following Good Deed for Annie. At the start of your song we want you to make a kind and thoughtful dedication to any member of the entire site. Tell us who you think is worthy of some praise and why!
To increase your chances of being featured, be sure to dress the part. Get all Gorgeously Good or Wickedly Evil and you never know - you might just find yourself in the Big Box!
Rules & Guidelines!
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST October 31, 2013! The song must be dated October 31.2. No Duets allowed. You may harmonize with yourself.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4. You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. One song per Snapper.9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
UsernameTeam Evil Trevor or Team Good AnnieSong TitleSong Link
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on October 24 at 9:24am.
It's Your Turn To Be In The Spotlight!
In early January we started something new called Spotlight Challenges! They were a huge hit and a lot of fun so we thought we would bring them back. This thread will very similar to the previous post with a few updates.
The goal is to take some time and come up with a detailed concept of a one-day challenge you would like to see us host!
Now here's where it gets fun! If you're idea is selected the following will happen!
- You will be named the honorary 'Host' for the event. (Don't worry, we won't make you actually work)- You will make the Video Announcement, telling members all about the challenge!- You will get to do your challenge song ahead of the scheduled event!- Your song will be Featured in Trevor's Big Box- And some other things depending on the month
Do You Want To Host A Spotlight Challenge?
While we can't select everyone's idea, we encourage you to continue posting your new, fabulous, fun and fresh ideas right here in this thread! Remember to get creative, think out of the box but still make it manageable. We will still be going back and referencing our previous In early January we started something new called Spotlight Challenge Thread but if there's any idea over there you would like to bring back to life, feel free to re-post it over here.
Some things to keep in mind;
- The challenge must be for all members of the site (Blue, Gold, Old and New)- You should have a component that audio-only singers can participate in - The challenge should include singing only one song- The challenge can last no more than 24 hours
Submit your ideas, get as detailed as you can and think of something extra special that no one has thought of before to increase your odds of getting selected!
One thing to keep in mind when submitting new ideas is the time of year! The holidays are right around the corner! For November, it's wide open but check out these Bizarre and Unique Holidays, you might find something inspiring!
Thanks Everyone and Happy Hosting!
Posted by Novella +7 +28 on October 23 at 3:34pm.
Trick Or Treat For Week Four of Shocktober!
The last week is upon us and with Halloween just around the corner, it's time for you Snappers out there to decide whether you will Trick or Treat! This is your very last chance to get a token and have Trevor buy you a Mood Username for the month of November!
The fourth and final delicious treat that you're after is this delicious pair of suckers!
This is your last taste towards getting the Mood Username. Read the challenge below carefully and you'll be well on your way to being Moody!
Shocktober Challenge - Week Four!
This challenge consists of two parts. Both Part A and Part B must be completed. Read carefully! The goal of this challenge is either to TRICK or TREAT!
Trick or Treat Challenge - Part A: If you select TRICK, you may sing any Rock song from the Feature Page, dated Friday October 25, 2013. If you want to TREAT, you can sing any song you'd like from the Feature Page! The song must be dated October 25th to be accepted. If you would like to request a song for Friday's Feature, do so here.
Trick or Treat Challenge - Part B: If you select Trick, we want you to pretend you're a famous Rock Star! Every Rock Star has a gimmick or fancy trick they do with their musical instrument. If you're on CAM - We want to SEE your trick! If you're doing audio-only, describe your trick in your Song Comment Section. Perhaps you play guitar while standing on your head, maybe you throw your drum sticks in the air and spin around three times without missing a beat! Get Creative and show us your Rock Star personality!
If you select TREAT, at the start of your song either SHOW us (On cam) or tell us what your favorite Halloween Treat is! Get really creative and make it up! And keep in mind Snappers, the more gruesome the treat is - the better! Muahahaha!
To increase your chances of being featured, be sure to get into the spirit of the challenge. Dress up, show us your trick or treat on cam and make this last week of Shocktober one we'll never forget!
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST October 25, 2013! The song must be dated October 25.2. No Duets allowed. You may harmonize with yourself.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4. You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. One song per Snapper.9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
UsernameTrick or TreatSong TitleSong Link
About | Status | Terms | Conduct | Help | Staff | Request | Donate © 2013 SingSnap | December 7, 12:16 AM EST | Promotion →