Sign up to browse without ads and record songs → Click to Create Free Account
Read the official SingSnap blog and stay up to date with everything that's going on around here.
Posted by Novella +16 +26 on September 26 at 9:23am.
Introducing Shocktober 2014 - The Haunted Halloween Party!
Welcome to our latest and greatest month long challenge, where you can sing your way to being a Snap-Star! We love all things spooky here on SingSnap, so for the month of October, we're once again combining our beloved Rocktober with a few shocks and having "Shocktober"!
Challenges are terrific because you expand your group of friends, get a ton of additional exposure, explore your creative boundaries and hopefully have a few laughs along the way!
Let's Have A Party!
The SingSnap Head Quarters house is a creepy old house, tucked high on the hills - surrounded by a pumpkin patch and an ancient grave yard. What better place than that to host a party! The party is scheduled for Friday, October 31st but we have to collect some things first! That is where you come in!
Each week we will be collecting party supplies! The challenges will be centered around Haunted Horror, Silly Spooks, Rock Music and much, much more! The five party supplies you will be collecting are as follows;
The images represent; The Music, The Snacks, The Decorations, The Party Hats and the Party Invitation! At the end of five weeks, everyone who successfully earns all four party supplies and earns their party invite will be allowed in the haunted house and awarded a special banner and the Snap-Star Username for November!
Since this is a five week challenge, there will be two make-up challenges. One during Week Three and one during Week Five!
You Can Follow Along!
Every Monday we will be posting an updated file of the participants and their standings on the SingSnap Events Profile, so that you can follow along with us!
1. Snap Star tags will be awarded after the 5 Weeks have been completed..2. This challenge is open to every member of the site.3. Webcams will not be required but are encouraged.4. Zero tolerance rule for drama will be strictly enforced.5. A new thread will be posted for each Friday.6. A new Shocktober playlist will be created for each week.7. A song must be entered into the specified thread to be considered.8. The song must be dated on the specified day to be considered.9. You can join in as many and as few of the challenges as you desire.10. There will be no make-up challenges.11. Having FUN is absolutely essential!
Week One Challenge!
Your Week One Shocktober Challenge will be announced at a later date, so stay tuned!
Happy Singing & Let's Rock and Shock!
Posted by Novella +16 +26 on September 25 at 10:25am.
Trick Or Treat Your Friends!
We've been waiting all year to bring back this super popular and totally fun trinket program! You can one again send your SingSnap friends some super sweet virtual Treats or if they're seriously silly send them a Trick !
Also, we are freakishly thrilled to bring back the Halloween-Inspired version of our Mood Usernames! While the Username will remain a spirited Orange and Black - there will be Halloween themed icons that you can change to suit your mood!
How To Purchase Tricks, Treats and Usernames!
1. Scroll to the bottom of any page on SingSnap and click on the small Candy icon.
2. You are now on the Purchase Page. Select the product that you wish to purchase.
3. Select the Value Package that best suits your needs.
3. Now you're ready to Buy! You can pay by either Paypal or Credit Card.
4. Complete the transaction and proceed to the Distribution Center.
5. Select the product you wish to distribute.
6. You can now either select names from the various available lists (hold down the CTRL button to select multiple people at once) OR type in the exact username of the intended recipient. Click Next.
7. Select the number of items you wish to give to your friend. Click Next!
7. Should you wish, you may now send along a personalized message with your trinket! If you do not want to send a personalized message, simply leave the box blank. Once you're done, press the "Distribute" button and your trinkets will be delivered!
The first Trick or Treat a member receives will give them the icon next to their name. Every trinket after that will be displayed as a numeric value next to the icon.
If you purchase a username, please allow up to 10 minutes for activation.
Posted by Novella +16 +26 on September 24 at 10:25am.
A Great BIG Thank-You to Melinda!
Melinda is an amazing Chat-Admin! She has an incredible spirit and passion not just for Chat but for SingSnap as a whole! She is always ready and willing to assist in every way she can whether it be running an event or participating in a challenge! We are very lucky to have such a wonderful woman as part of our Volunteer Family! Thank-You Melinda!
Q&A With Melinda !
How Did You Become A Volunteer With SingSnap?
I found Singsnaps singing chat room only a few days after joining singsnap and I stayed in there so much that Trevor should have started charging me rent...lol When I was asked to be a volunteer I thought what better way to give back then to give my time and support to a place i love to be. I volunteer my time to help others enjoy their experience as much as I do
What is your favorite thing about SingSnap?
The people that I have met through singsnap are a major part of my life, Through some of the happiest and the saddest times, I have laughed with them and also cried on their shoulders. They have been there for me and I couldn't imagine life now without them.
What Do You Do In Your 'Real' Life?
Singsnap is my real life....lol
Who are the most important people in your world?
God is most important first and foremost, My 3 grown children, my 4 grandbabies, and my best friend & the love of my life John (bigred210j)
And Lastly, if there is one thing you want people to know about YOU and SingSnap what would it be?
If you like music as much as I do, and enjoy the company of so many great people from all over the world and every walk of life, then come in the chat room and experience all the above.
Check Out Melinda's Recordings!
A Few Old Memories - Dolly PartonI Told You So - Carrie UnderwoodWhen You Say Nothing At All - Alison Krauss
Thank-You For Your Dedication!
Posted by Novella +16 +26 on September 23 at 2:43pm.
Giving Gold Has Never Felt So Good!
Brought back by popular demand! SingSnap has once again made giving the Gift of Gold that much easier! Running now through the end of October is the ever popular GMG, "Give Members Gold"!
This promotional event is extra special though because we've introduced a whole bunch of bundle options for your 'Giving Gold' convenience!
Buy 'Month' Bundles:
Buy Two, One-Month Memberships for $24! (That works out to $12 per Month)Buy Three, One-Month Memberships for $33! (That works out to $11 per Month)Buy Five, One-Month Memberships for $50! (That works out to $10 per Month)
Buy 'Week" Bundles:
Buy Two, One-Week Memberships for $9! (That works out to $4.50 per week)Buy Five, One-Week Memberships for $20! (That works out to $4 per week)Buy 10, One Week Memberships for $35! (That works out to $3.50 per week)
You can gift the one-month or one-week memberships to a friend, a stranger or even yourself. The best thing about these bundles is that you are able to distribute them once the promotion ends - they never expire! There are no administration fees for this special promotion, so don't hesitate! Purchase today!
How To Purchase!
You can purchase a Gold Membership Bundle by following these simple steps:
1. Visit the Promotions Purchase Page.2. Click on the product you wish to buy.3. Click on the value pack that best suits your needs.4. Select your payment type (Credit Card or Paypal)5. Click "Proceed To Checkout".6. Follow the remaining prompts based upon your payment method selection!
How To Distribute!
Once your payment has been processed it is easy as pie to give the Gift of Gold!
1. Visit the Distribution Center.2. Select the product you wish to distribute and then select which gift to give.3. Use the Drop-Down menu to determine who you are giving the membership to or write in their username.3. Specify how many months/weeks you want that person to have.4. If you would like you can include a personalized message!5. Click "Proceed"!
Alternatively, you can also visit the Gold Page and click on the distribute button on the image in the top right hand corner!
It's that simple! We hope you'll find joy in the gift of giving during this holiday season!
Posted by Novella +16 +26 on September 16 at 12:23pm.
It's That Time Again - Let's Get Goofy!
Trevor means business this Friday! He is insisting that we hold another Goof Off Friday! Not sure what that means? Basically, he wants YOU to goof off all day on SingSnap! Have a job? No problem, call in sick! Cancel your appointments, skip school, put off the house work. Your very first (and only) priority this Friday is to SING! ALL DAY! There is NO song limit!
Goof Off Friday Challenge Details:
It is time to get courageous, creative and crazy! Be sure to complete both parts of your challenge to secure the challenge participation banner!
Goof Off Challenge - Part A: Sing as many songs as you would like from the Feature Page on September 19, 2014. The song must be dated September 19 to be considered. If you already know what song you would like to sing, you can request it here!
Goof Off Challenge - Part B: It's so simple, it's goofy! At the start of your song say "I'm goofin' off" Yep, That's it!
Do you want a chance to appear in Trevor's Big Box? If so, all you have to do is dress up! We don't care what you do, just make an effort and of course - be goofy!
Rules & Guidelines:
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday September 19, 2014. The song must be dated September 19.2. Duets Allowed! Only the completed entry must be dated Sept 19.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. There is NO song limit!9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
UsernameSong TitleSong Link
*Disclaimer: SingSnap will not answer anyone's inquiries as to whether or not they have or have not been featured. Being featured is a privilege, not a right or expectation. You will likely not be featured each and every challenge, and our team does not have the resources to be answering these inquiries while trying to keep everything moving along. Thank-You for your understanding!
Posted by Novella +16 +26 on September 10 at 11:29am.
Everyone Loves Cartoons!
Apparently I am not quite ready to grow up and turn back on the 'adult' mode, so I've decided it would be fun to explore our youthful side once more! We've done super heroes and we've done fairytales but what if we broadened the scope to include all types of cartoons - wouldn't that be fun!?
Toon Dayz Challenge Details:
Toon Dayz Challenge - Part A: Sing any song on the Feature Page on September 12, 2014. The song must be dated September 12 to be considered. If you already know what song you would like to sing, you can request it here!
Toon Dayz Challenge - Part B: I've asked SingSnap Staffers to tell me their favorite Cartoons! Read below and complete at least one of the Staffers' Cartoon Challenges!
Novella's Care Bear Challenge: - Have you ever wished you could be part of the Care Bear Family? Dreamed of being a cuddly teddy bear or a Care Bear Cousin? This is your chance! If you select my challenge you can create your very own Care Bear! In your song comment section (Or at the start of your song) tell me what YOUR Care Bear name would be and what symbol you would have on your belly!
Trevor's Spider-Man Challenge: It seems awful to be bitten by a radio-active spider, but it worked out for Spider-Man! If you choose Trevor's challenge, we want you to get creative and imagine you were bitten by a radio-active bug of your choice! What would that bug be (and why ?) and what would YOUR special power/abilities be?
Tony's Bugs Bunny Challenge: "Eh... What's up doc?!" If you're choosing Tony's loveable wise-guy, chances are you have a great sense of humor so we want you to tell us a joke - about a carrot! You make up the joke and we'll provide the laughs! You can either dictate your joke at the start of your song or write it in your song comment section!
Annie's Jetson Challenge: The future seemed more like outer space but what an escape it was watching The Jetsons! If you choose Annie's Challenge, we want you to envision the world 100 years from now and tell us, in your song comment section, what YOU think the biggest change will be?
Do you want a chance to appear in Trevor's Big Box? If so, all you have to do is dress up like your favorite Cartoon Character! It does NOT have to be a character from one of the challenges! Select whomever you want! Maybe you'll want to be Scooby Doo, or A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle? You pick the cartoon and we'll be sure to tune in and watch!
1. The Challenge is open from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST Friday September 12, 2014. The song must be dated September 12.2. No Two-Person duets allowed. You may harmonize with yourself.3. Gender Benders are acceptable4 You MUST have FUN! Fun, Fun, Fun!5. Post your challenge link back in this thread.6. Web cams are encouraged but not required.7. Challenge is open to all members.8. One song per Snapper.9. Promotion of non-challenge songs is strictly prohibited.10. Post your link only once, if you think you've been missed contact the SingSnap Events Team.11. Did I mention you must have FUN?12. The song must be submitted in the following format.
Posted by Novella +16 +26 on September 10 at 10:27am.
A Great BIG Thank-You to Smeech!
Smeech, Smeechy or as his parents called him - Michael - is an amazing man and volunteer! He is one of the most endearing gentlemen you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. Smeech always has a smile and kind word for everyone and we are so thankful to have such a dedicated and hard working individual in our volunteer family! Thank-You!
Q&A With Michael!
I became a Volunteer when I started going to Chat and noticed how fun chat was, and the many many awesome people that go to chat, and all the members that needed to know more about chat and the fun we have in there.
My Favorite thing about SingSnap is -- How great all the Wonderful music is and how many awesome people can come together from all walks of life with just a simple song.
In my real life, I am a Retired Musician, and now all I do is Play farmer and chase Animals around all day. And I am loving every minute of just doing what I decide to do each day as it comes.
The Most important People in my life are My Children and Grand Children.
The one thing I want people to know about me and my connection with Singsnap is, That no matter what, all I have to do is log onto SingSnap and I either meet someone new, or hear an awesome singer and the most important thing is that I see or hear if the person put's their Heart into the song and that makes the hair on my neck stand to hear and see that. Wow what a wonderful site this has become.
Check Out Michael's Recordings!
I Cross My Heart - George StraitLady Down On Love - AlabamaTrain, Train - Blackfoot
Posted by Annie +10 +3 on September 7 at 10:59am.
SingSnap Is 8 Years Old Today!
Happy Birthday, SingSnap!
Posted by Novella +16 +26 on August 29 at 11:48am.
Have A Quick Listen Before You Record!
Have you ever glanced at a song title and wondered if you knew the song? Have you wished for just a quick preview, so you didn't have to waste a precious click of the mouse? Then this news is for you!
We are happy to announce that every song on the site now has a 30-Second Preview for your listening pleasure! All you have to do is click on the small arrow beneath the "Clip" heading.
We hope you enjoy this feature and many thanks to the SingSnap Community for your continued (and valuable) suggestions!
Posted by Novella +16 +26 on August 27 at 12:48pm.
Back To School Time Is For Adults Too!
It's that time of the year when all the kids in the neighborhood are heading back to school. They're getting new clothes, making new friends and having a fabulous time! So, why do they get all the fun? We've decided to host a Back To School Party for Adults!
Join us for an entire day of amazing music, fun games, and fabulous friends! You are challenged to dress up in your favorite school attire! Were you a jock? A geek? Teacher's Pet? We'll be giving away Free Gold all day long, so be sure to join the party!
Your Study Guide!
Who: YOU and all your friends!What: Good times, karaoke and fun games!Where: SingSnap Singing Chat RoomWhen: Friday September 5, 12:00 AM- 11:59 PM!Why: Because we think you are crazy fun!
© 2014 SingSnap | Sep 30, 6:19 AM ET | Promo →